PDA

View Full Version : Kiwi

gmenfan0488
09-28-2012, 12:34 AM
Is it me, or do we not have Kiwi rush the passer enough from his OLB spot

Mercury
09-28-2012, 09:37 AM
He's mostly in on 1st and 2nd down, more often running downs. And, our defense thrives on rushing 4 and getting pressure. He isn't one of the four too often. (NASCAR package) And when he is, doesn't he play DT?

When we blitz from the edge, we generally use faster guys than Kiwi, such as Boley, Williams, or Hosley. But again, that's mostly because Kiwi isn't on the field on 3rd down as much because we want the faster guys out there covering or blitzing.

CowboysSuck
09-28-2012, 11:14 AM
I see him thrown into the NASCAR quite often for an OLB. I'm not sure what you guys are talking about

penguinfarmer
09-28-2012, 07:42 PM
I've seen him sent up in middle plenty.

slipknottin
09-28-2012, 08:36 PM
Hes not that good of a pass rusher... From any spot.

CowboysSuck
09-28-2012, 11:04 PM

I wouldn't say Osi is any better at this point in time

giantsfan420
09-28-2012, 11:41 PM
lmfao slip...completely inaccurate but dont wish to disprove that notion all over again.

with kiwi, we do send him on schematic blitzes. he's playing the run tho on the way to the QB. Know all those times he's in the backfield blowing up the RB as he's getting it? He's actually blitzing there. An example would be week 17 vs dallas last year. there was a couple of times he completely blew up the play, once n a run, and another on a PA...

And w.o getting into the numbers/stats that prove slip completely wrong, I think Kiwi shows a nice burst/explosion when blitzing. he can generate pressure extremely quickly. I would like to see him play more DE but we use him as a joker. only thing we try not to ask of him is to drop off in pass coverage, but he's even been improving in that aspect over the past few years...

Kiwi gets his sacks and pressures very quietly under the radar. Like last year in the NFC CG vs SF, Kiwi had a very crucial sack on a 3rd down. I can recall big plays he's made off the top of my head, but generally it doesnt receive much attention bc we got guys like JPP producing etc.

giantsfan420
09-28-2012, 11:43 PM
kiwi posted pretty good sack/pressure numbers from a 2 down OLB in a 4-3

Fharcyde
09-29-2012, 02:21 AM
If he had been a 4-3 DE his entire career I think he would have been better than Justin Tuck. He's progressed every season and done everything that's been asked of him. Hats off to him because he has put the team first. He might not make the big plays you want, but if you're not hearing much about him it's probably because he's doing his job.

NWKEffectElement
09-29-2012, 02:39 AM
Kiwi actually is a good pass rusher with a good head of steam going, nearly unstoppable. On the edge he is pretty much a bull rusher with exceptional contain. Not to many moves but very effective.

NWKEffectElement
09-29-2012, 02:43 AM
If he had been a 4-3 DE his entire career I think he would have been better than Justin Tuck. He's progressed every season and done everything that's been asked of him. Hats off to him because he has put the team first. He might not make the big plays you want, but if you're not hearing much about him it's probably because he's doing his job.

That's why I am a fan of his. True NY Giant. Low key, very well spoken, unselfish, blue collar, and team first.

Captain Chaos
09-29-2012, 09:45 AM
I think he's solid, The scheme is what will provide him the opportunity. Think he will get his licks in the season!

joemorrisforprez
09-29-2012, 02:11 PM

????