Mod c said back in august that this site works on tapatalk
I just downloaded the app an this forum is not there

Anyone know how to get it?

offingmoot
09-28-2012, 12:54 AM
Sorry it was user moke in response to a post by mod c

Moke
09-28-2012, 12:54 AM
It's not on here. Not sure who the hell told you that, but I've had tapatalk for awhile and it's not on there.

You just spent $1.99 on a lie.

They have other good forums though, like the Big Blue Hurdle or Huddle.

offingmoot
09-28-2012, 01:00 AM
It was a post from you moke you said you use tapatalk or forum runner
Thought you were saying TAGF was available on there

Moke
09-28-2012, 01:01 AM
No lol , I said I use tapatalk AND forumrunner for OTHER forums.

I was asking the mods if they can find out about putting the forum on it... which I doubt they will do.

offingmoot
09-28-2012, 01:07 AM
Darn
Ok Thanx for clearing that up
Hopefully it will get in there
Is this forum software compatible?
Any idea what's involved?
Let's make it happen if possible

Moke
09-28-2012, 01:11 AM
Sorry dude.

Yep, the mods or mod or whoever has to go to the tapatalk website and get it started. I hear it only takes 5-10 minutes, but it needs to be an admin or moderator.

I'd love to get it done so I can post via phone.

FBomb
09-28-2012, 01:14 AM
I'm a little shocked that we can't. Especially since we could on the old board.

Moke
09-28-2012, 01:18 AM
I'm a little shocked that we can't. Especially since we could on the old board.

I was told the old board didn't have it, we had tapatalk access?

offingmoot
09-28-2012, 01:24 AM
Let's keep this thread alive and use it as a petition to the mods to get it going if possible
If not, an answer as to why not would be good.

FBomb
09-28-2012, 01:29 AM
I was told the old board didn't have it, we had tapatalk access?

I don't know.....but I could post from my iPhone. Now I can't.

Laurah1275
09-28-2012, 06:32 AM
That's weird because I just made this post from my phone

TextureDj
09-28-2012, 06:44 AM
Post from my Android all the time. could never figure out the scramble over Tapatalk since this and every other forum I frequent run fine on my lower tier Android phone. Surely the mighty IPhone can do it if my Android can do it?

offingmoot
09-28-2012, 07:38 AM
I created this thread on an iphone
It's a real pain though and nit something I will do often

Can we get input from a mod?

Is tapatalk possible?

Mod_C
09-28-2012, 08:23 AM
Mod c said back in august that this site works on tapatalk
I just downloaded the app an this forum is not there

Anyone know how to get it?.

MOD C never said any such thing. I said I passed it along to IT.

Mod_C
09-28-2012, 08:25 AM
Sorry dude.

Yep, the mods or mod or whoever has to go to the tapatalk website and get it started. I hear it only takes 5-10 minutes, but it needs to be an admin or moderator.

I'd love to get it done so I can post via phone.

Why can't you post via phone? I do it all the time.

Mod_C
09-28-2012, 08:27 AM
I will check with IT again

TextureDj
09-28-2012, 09:20 AM
I created this thread on an iphoneIt's a real pain though and nit something I will do oftenCan we get input from a mod?Is tapatalk possible?not being a tool just want to understand better. What is the difficulty posting oon a phone? Just by virtue of the touchscreen and small buttons?

FBomb
09-28-2012, 10:48 AM
Nevermind.....I just figured it out. Posting this from my iPhone.

BurnerNYG
09-28-2012, 10:55 AM
I'm posting from my Galaxy 3 right now.

Moke
09-28-2012, 11:42 AM
Why can't you post via phone? I do it all the time.

Because Safari sucks, or google chrome, or any browser on a smartphone that you need to zoom in and stuff.

Tapatalk gives you an app that is easy to access. Don't see the problem.

Moke
09-28-2012, 11:43 AM
not being a tool just want to understand better. What is the difficulty posting oon a phone? Just by virtue of the touchscreen and small buttons?

Zooming in and stuff is a pain in the ***. I've done it before and it's annoying.

EnragedYouth85
09-28-2012, 11:44 AM
I agree, it is possible to post from the phone brower but a mobile app would be so much better! Yes, we are spoiled in America..

Moke
09-28-2012, 11:47 AM
It's not even about lazy, it's about battery usage.

It's much easier and better for the battery by using a mobile app rather than going on safari and having to zoom in and out constantly.

EnragedYouth85
09-28-2012, 11:53 AM
Maybe we can have Harooni stage a protest, where he won't come back until we get a mobile app?

..good idea??

offingmoot
09-28-2012, 12:03 PM

MOD C never said any such thing. I said I passed it along to IT.

I know I corrected myself in the second post

TextureDj
09-28-2012, 02:28 PM
It's not even about lazy, it's about battery usage.

It's much easier and better for the battery by using a mobile app rather than going on safari and having to zoom in and out constantly.

Ah, ok. So I assume you are just able to see a simplified version of the forums. Is a Mobile version of the site that you could load up in a browser an answer as well then?

I can see why the Giants dont want to get involved with Tapatalk. It is a paid app, it comes with a certain amount of front end advertizing (this may be optional, but I see a lot of sites that clobber you with a pop over to purchase tapatalk when you load the site in a mobile browser) NFL teams dont often get in financial bed with just anyone, its a major undertaking for a result that many users might see as the Giants trying to sell them software in order to use the boards.

Moke
09-28-2012, 02:31 PM
Ah, ok. So I assume you are just able to see a simplified version of the forums. Is a Mobile version of the site that you could load up in a browser an answer as well then?

I can see why the Giants dont want to get involved with Tapatalk. It is a paid app, it comes with a certain amount of front end advertizing (this may be optional, but I see a lot of sites that clobber you with a pop over to purchase tapatalk when you load the site in a mobile browser) NFL teams dont often get in financial bed with just anyone, its a major undertaking for a result that many users might see as the Giants trying to sell them software in order to use the boards.

It's free to get it set up, so I have no idea where you see anything involved with payments.

The only people paying for this is US, the ones who want to pay $1.99 for the app to access the board and various other boards.

Paid apps don't have advertisements... so advertisements have nothing to do with it.

RoanokeFan
09-28-2012, 03:15 PM
It's been run up the flagpole

Moke
09-28-2012, 03:16 PM
It's been run up the flagpole

Thanks Roa. Has this been recently or awhile back?

offingmoot
09-28-2012, 10:38 PM
I'm happy to see some movement on this
Thanx everyone for chippin in

offingmoot
09-30-2012, 11:37 AM
Any update on this?

RoanokeFan
09-30-2012, 11:47 AM
Thanks Roa. Has this been recently or awhile back?

On the day I wrote that post, the 28th

RoanokeFan
09-30-2012, 11:47 AM
Any update on this?

Not yet

RoanokeFan
10-01-2012, 12:44 PM
The IT folks are looking into this. They would prefer to integrate the MBs into the Giants' mobil app and is a work in progress.

Moke
10-01-2012, 12:56 PM
Great. If they can do that, then that's fine too. As long as it's clean-cut and easier to access.

I hate zooming in to press little parts of the screen.

BlueBlooded1979
10-01-2012, 12:58 PM
This is a vBulletin site and they have an available "mobile style" that integrates with the forum. It detects the browser and optimizes the page view for that device. The current mindset of the mobile community is that we need less apps and better mobile sites.

Moke
10-01-2012, 01:01 PM
This is a vBulletin site and they have an available "mobile style" that integrates with the forum. It detects the browser and optimizes the page view for that device. The current mindset of the mobile community is that we need less apps and better mobile sites.

I've never had that experience. I never had it optimized on my phone.

EnragedYouth85
10-01-2012, 01:01 PM
Glad to be seeing some movement!

offingmoot
10-02-2012, 07:56 AM
Maybe they can setup tapatalk for now until they can get the MB incorporated into the moile app?
I can only imagine how long that will take

offingmoot
10-02-2012, 08:00 AM
This link makes it looks pretty fast and easy to setup tapatalk

http://www.tapatalk.com/activate_tapatalk.php?plugin=vbulletin

Moke
10-02-2012, 08:50 AM
I'm on another board and Forumrunner is currently not working on iPhones right now and the owner is putting the forum on tapatalk today. So it shouldn't be long at all to install tapatalk.

offingmoot
10-02-2012, 11:41 AM

Maybe they can activate the mobile style? Can someone pass that along?

MikeyMike01
10-02-2012, 01:32 PM
I wish that every forum activated tapatalk. It would certainly make posting here on a phone much easier.

MikeyMike01
10-15-2012, 12:54 AM
I guess this isn't happening.

offingmoot
10-16-2012, 11:09 AM
Can we get an update?
Will the mods set us up to use tapatalk while they try and incorporate the forum into the mobile app?

Flip Empty
10-16-2012, 11:27 AM
The moderators aren't the ones standing in the way, it'd be the administrators (Giants marketing, or something?). Should hassle them.

Assuming the 'contact us' link actually goes to the admins like it says it does, perhaps you could try requesting the feature via 'site feedback'? http://boards.giants.com/sendmessage.php

offingmoot
10-16-2012, 11:38 AM
It said in this thread that IT was looking into it.
All they have to do is activate the mobile version of this site or activate tapatalk, then work the forum into the mobile app at their leisure.
I browse thisn forum 99% of the time from an iPhone. I hardly ever post due to the hastle.

Flip Empty
10-16-2012, 11:43 AM
Yeah it's probably a bit more difficult than just pressing a button. This being an extension of a massive brand, any alterations would probably have to go through some lengthy approval process.
I'm just guessing, though.

RoanokeFan
10-16-2012, 11:45 AM
I didn't get the impression that was an option, but will inquire

Giant stuck in Texas
10-16-2012, 12:11 PM
Yeah, I don't know what the big deal is about making a mobile app for this site. It's not hard and doesn't take long at all.

offingmoot
10-16-2012, 12:25 PM

This would make the most sense.....mobile versions of sites usually work well on an iPhone

offingmoot
10-22-2012, 09:40 AM
Anyone else having problems with the forum from and iphone?
It's getting worse foe me lately.
I can't ways click thread links. Sometimes the links load but I get the thread above the one I selected.
Also when I go from a thread back to the forum sometimes the links flash like they are gettig bigger then smaller.

What's the progress with getting mobile version of this site setup?

Moke
10-22-2012, 10:11 AM
Anyone else having problems with the forum from and iphone?
It's getting worse foe me lately.
I can't ways click thread links. Sometimes the links load but I get the thread above the one I selected.
Also when I go from a thread back to the forum sometimes the links flash like they are gettig bigger then smaller.

What's the progress with getting mobile version of this site setup?

I barely post here if I am on my phone. It's too much of a hassle. It's too bad because I'd love to really post from Tapatalk.

I can't stand zooming in constantly and not sure what everyone is talking about because even vbulletin on my browser isn't coming up with a nice, smooth render of the site.

I have too many problems with my browser and accessing the boards to even bother wasting time. Plus, it wastes a lot of my battery having to reload the images and **** on my mobile browser.

RoanokeFan
10-22-2012, 10:16 AM
They are still evaluating their options