PDA

View Full Version : That Browns week 5 game sure looks like a trap

Mark9281
09-28-2012, 02:30 AM
Lets say our giants get a big momentum win against rival Philthy (which may or may not happen), feelin good and not really thinkin about the browns. The Browns are a much better team then most people think, they can really beat up on the QB. Plus the browns will have a week and a half to prepare.

Im super excited about the eagirls game this week, but i just remember the last time we played the browns 4 years ago....

giantsfan420
09-28-2012, 03:38 AM
no defensive secondary will contain eli/nicks/cruz/bennett/bradshaw/brown/bennett...just my take. clelveland has a solid d, they aint match up with us tho

BurnerNYG
09-28-2012, 04:11 AM
Nah they beat us last time, we're gonna take that game personal. Just my opinion.

Flip Empty
09-28-2012, 04:49 AM
Every game is a potential trap

tonyt830
09-28-2012, 06:47 AM
The Browns will throw everything at the Giants, including the kitchen sink. The Giants will not overlook the Browns, all teams want to take down the defending chanps.

GMENAGAIN
09-28-2012, 07:40 AM
Browns defense looked good last night. They played a very good Ravens team tough on the road.

We better be ready.

GMENAGAIN
09-28-2012, 07:41 AM
Nah they beat us last time, we're gonna take that game personal. Just my opinion.

lol . . . .you think that they will be motivated by a 2008 regular season loss???

Rat_bastich
09-28-2012, 07:45 AM
Can never take any team lightly. Thats why they have to take one game at a time.

TheEnigma
09-28-2012, 07:45 AM
Fortunately for us, their best player (Joe Haden) doesn't return till week 6. The passing game should be a bit more successful than usual. This will also be a great battle for JPP against Joe Thomas.

Giants5699
09-28-2012, 08:50 AM
coughlin remembers 08

TheAnalyst
09-28-2012, 10:09 AM
I got a bad feeling about that game as well. This team doesn't get up against bad teams, as seen last year in many games. Browns are not a good team so we most likely will play down to our opponent. But we have to beat the Eagles first.

BlueReign
09-28-2012, 10:17 AM
Browns have a very good defense. Thought it was an aberration week one, but they've continued to impress. Trent Richardson is no slouch either.

BurnerNYG
09-28-2012, 10:24 AM
coughlin remembers 08Exactly, I'm not paying that fool no attention. If I was the coach I would surely bring it up even though both teams have a bunch of new pieces. I'll bring it up for the simple fact that I don't wanna see my team out there taking anybody lightly.

GMENAGAIN
09-28-2012, 10:24 AM
coughlin remembers 08
An insignificant regular season loss from 4 years ago will have no bearing whatsoever on this game.

BurnerNYG
09-28-2012, 10:32 AM
An insignificant regular season loss from 4 years ago will have no bearing whatsoever on this game.Are you in the locker room to hear what is being said? "An insignificant loss from 4 years ago"... man continue stocking shelves and trying to sound smart on your lunch break.

GMENAGAIN
09-28-2012, 10:36 AM
Are you in the locker room to hear what is being said? "An insignificant loss from 4 years ago"... man continue stocking shelves and trying to sound smart on your lunch break.

From the guy who said a few posts ago: "I'm not paying that fool no attention."

hahahahahaha

Why don't you tell us all exactly what you think that TC is going to say to the team about the 2008 loss?

ryan12
09-28-2012, 10:47 AM
Browns defense looked good last night. They played a very good Ravens team tough on the road.

We better be ready.

yeah they hit hard but lets worry about the ea*****es 1st

BurnerNYG
09-28-2012, 10:51 AM
From the guy who said a few posts ago: "I'm not paying that fool no attention."

hahahahahaha

Why don't you tell us all exactly what you think that TC is going to say to the team about the 2008 loss?I would love to sit here and chat with you but I got this thing called breakfast I'm about to eat, this thing in my garage that I gotta get into and this place called work I gotta get to. You know everything, go figure it out for yourself and let me know how "insignificant" my thinking is oh great one.

Flip Empty
09-28-2012, 11:06 AM
Weeden's proven he can move the ball as well. Two 300yd performances already for him.

FBomb
09-28-2012, 11:06 AM
Easily the most ridiculous subject fir an argument this season. Don't let me stop you.:eek:

SuperNYGiants
09-28-2012, 11:18 AM
Not a good enough trap.

GMENAGAIN
09-28-2012, 11:40 AM
I would love to sit here and chat with you but I got this thing called breakfast I'm about to eat, this thing in my garage that I gotta get into and this place called work I gotta get to. You know everything, go figure it out for yourself and let me know how "insignificant" my thinking is oh great one.
Eating breakfast at 10 am . . . . you are quite the go-getter, huh?

SiddFinch1
09-28-2012, 11:43 AM
Every game is a potential trap+1Exactly.always be on guard

BurnerNYG
09-28-2012, 11:43 AM
Eating breakfast at 10 am . . . . you are quite the go-getter, huh?I got off work at 1: 30, didn't get to bed til 4 and I was up at 9. You do the math. Now I'm about to go pull 10 hrs to finish off my 50 hr work week. I don't go to work the same times everyday... some days I eat breakfast at 12 noon.

Moke
09-28-2012, 11:49 AM
The Browns played a good game because they are division rivals. There is no such thing as a trap game. Stop with this dumb terminology.

Ntegrase96
09-28-2012, 11:57 AM
The browns are better than they seem. Their WRs can make plays, Richardson is a beast, and Weeden isn't as bad as he seemed in week 1. Plus that defense is also pretty good.

They may not be a top team or win a lot of games, but I wouldn't look over them.

GMENAGAIN
09-28-2012, 12:53 PM
The browns are better than they seem. Their WRs can make plays, Richardson is a beast, and Weeden isn't as bad as he seemed in week 1. Plus that defense is also pretty good.

They may not be a top team or win a lot of games, but I wouldn't look over them.

Greg Little should have made that TD catch late in the game. Would have really put the heat on the Ravens . . . .

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
09-28-2012, 12:55 PM
obviously this Philly game is looking like a trap game if some of you are already looking towards it and past the Eagles. This Sunday will be a tough game...Philly will be ready. I hope we can out with a win. Go Big Blue!

EnragedYouth85
09-28-2012, 12:57 PM
obviously this Philly game is looking like a trap game if some of you are already looking towards it and past the Eagles. This Sunday will be a tough game...Philly will be ready. I hope we can out with a win. Go Big Blue!

There is a difference between fans looking ahead and the players though.. I'm sure the players are right where they need to be. Coughlin is our coach and he wouldn't let his players get ahead of themselves..

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
09-28-2012, 02:34 PM
There is a difference between fans looking ahead and the players though.. I'm sure the players are right where they need to be. Coughlin is our coach and he wouldn't let his players get ahead of themselves..
Of course their is, IM not crazy...I dont think we have an effect on the game.

My point is a divisional rival coming off a bad week and probably missing Nicks again should be enough to worry about. Implying the Browns game is a trap game is implying we win the Philly game...bc if we lose there is no way we look past the Browns.

SackingMyths
09-28-2012, 02:37 PM
With Joe Haden in his final week of suspension, we caught a break.

CLE's D looked pretty decent against BALT, but they were on a short week playing late on SNF and as you know, division games are always closer than others.

I will say this--if we don't come ready to be physical and tackle, Trent Richardson will have a monster game on the ground and keep them in a game that they have no business being in...

thomsoad
09-28-2012, 02:46 PM
We have a better chance of losing the Browns game then the one this Sunday.
We win the games we expect to lose and lose the game we expect to win.

Eli TO Shockey
09-28-2012, 02:53 PM
what is a "trap" game. How can any team in the NFL possibly be overlooked? any team can beat any team any given sunday. this is what makes the NFL so great.

CruzSoldier
09-28-2012, 03:59 PM

We better be ready.

Someone posted a thread called schedule and I said it .......This aren't the normal Brown's these guys play they might lose but they are not just a easy pushover and they've played really good teams and lost mostly by 7 points or less. I even said the Ravens weren't going to steam roll over them like in the past.

Fharcyde
09-28-2012, 04:49 PM
The Ravens were breaking through the Browns' O-line with a 3 man rush. Granted Ngata is quite a player, if the Giants send four or five guys and keep an eye on Richardson I don't think there's much to worry about. Trent Richardson looks very explosive this year and he's a broken tackle away from going to the house each play. Not to mention he had a few catches out of the backfield to make something out of nothing. Their receivers don't look like much of a threat with as many balls as they're dropping (Greg Little).

gmenfan0488
09-29-2012, 03:25 AM
They've been competitive in every game, we better not sleep on them browns

Captain Chaos
09-29-2012, 09:38 AM
Did I miss the Eagles game?

NorwoodBlue
09-29-2012, 12:39 PM
The Browns game doesn't matter until Monday morning, then it's the only game that matters. That's the attitude that needs to rule the locker room, nothing else.

jomo
09-29-2012, 01:27 PM
Did I miss the Eagles game?The eagles game is the trap game to be concerned about for sure.

NYfanatic
09-29-2012, 01:44 PM
cmon now we should beat them.
This years team isnt like years past. I see a different team mentality where they wont lose focus against bad teams so easily. Will they lose a game this year to a bad team? Sure since just about every great team will lose a game or two to a below average one. Packers? Patriots?
The difference is that in this game we will blitz and confuse the heck out of weeden. Now he has trouble with accuracy already (unlike the guy they benched for him McCoy) Now if it was McCoy playing QB for the team I bet you they would be closer to 1-3, 2-2. They would of beaten the eagles easily. But this is weeden who just isnt that good of a 29 yr old Qb, (chris weinke anyone?) You got Trent Rich, who is a good rookie Rb, yea he should get 85 or so on us. But I just think we should defensively confuse weeden, he will throw some picks, have a bunch of incomplete passes. Then offensively we wont score more then 28. They do have a solid defense. But our offense is better then the ravens who put up 23 on them. Eli should connect to our fantastically deep WR core and our now much better running game in brown and bradshaw (if wilson steps up or scott we can have 3-4) We should win a good game 24-10. Hopefully towards the middle of the 4th eli can step out and give carr some reps.

Overdrive92
09-29-2012, 01:58 PM
Folks, let's be honest. The Giants lay 1 egg at home every year, where they lose a home game to a team they shouldn't.

2011 - lost to the 7-9 Seahawks
2010 - lost to the 6-10 Titans
2009 - lost to the 8-8 Panthers
2008 - lost to the 4-12 Browns (on the road)
2007 - lost to the 8-8 Vikings

We can keep going back. But anyone who says this Browns game doesn't worry them in the slightest with a history of the Giants laying an annual egg is lying.

miked1958
09-29-2012, 04:26 PM
Lets say our giants get a big momentum win against rival Philthy (which may or may not happen), feelin good and not really thinkin about the browns. The Browns are a much better team then most people think, they can really beat up on the QB. Plus the browns will have a week and a half to prepare.Im super excited about the eagirls game this week, but i just remember the last time we played the browns 4 years ago....Yea it's a trap

miked1958
09-29-2012, 04:27 PM
A trap for the browns. A big GIANT TRAP..