PDA

View Full Version : Folger's Forecast: Giants @ Eagles

RoanokeFan
09-28-2012, 12:44 PM
http://insidefootball.com/blog/archives/5227

Excerpt: "The Giants are coming off a ten-day break, which usually spells trouble as too much time off can take away a team’s edge. Playing a divisional foe should help the Giants’ focus.

They’re also coming off two confidence-building wins, albeit against second-tier opposition. Knowing that they’re stepping up in class will surely get everyone’s attention. We expect this to be a very competitive game.

The Eagles have won seven of their last eight meetings with the Giants. Head coach Andy Reid and company have had their number, and have found ways to neutralize the Giants’ pass rush as well as limiting the big plays from Eli Manning’s offense, which includes stopping the run.

The Eagles are coming off an ugly loss and two ugly wins. Expect them to come out determined to erase that bad taste from their mouths, especially against a division foe on a national stage." Read more...

Old Giant
09-28-2012, 01:09 PM
The Panthers would not appreciate being 2nd tier.
The game is always played with a little extra intensity I think.

Medisleman
09-28-2012, 01:14 PM
They will be up for the Eagles. If they could contain Cam, they can contain Vick. Eagles are going down!

FBomb
09-28-2012, 01:54 PM
I know that we are division rivals and that it's always a dog fight (HA!!) when the Giants play them, but what has Vick actually done so far this season except suck?

fansince69
09-28-2012, 01:56 PM
I know that we are division rivals and that it's always a dog fight (HA!!) when the Giants play them, but what has Vick actually done so far this season except suck?

why do the words dog fight and vick always seem to find each other?

sharick88
09-28-2012, 02:55 PM

LMAO............

FBomb
09-28-2012, 06:31 PM

Because he needs to wear that lable for the rest of his scumbag life!!

EnragedYouth85
09-28-2012, 07:24 PM
Vick is a disgrace of a human being, he couldn't have went to a nicer city.. Fhilty is the perfect city for him..

derekunion28
09-28-2012, 09:06 PM
Vick is a disgrace of a human being, he couldn't have went to a nicer city.. Fhilty is the perfect city for him.. agree 100%

EnragedYouth85
09-28-2012, 09:10 PM
agree 100%

And he's robbing them blind! 15 million a year for a performance that could be beat by Mara himself!

Captain Chaos
09-28-2012, 09:12 PM
I think the key to this game is the Eagles O line which is beat up. If we can keep the pressure with our front four we will have a nice day!

EnragedYouth85
09-28-2012, 09:15 PM
I think the key to this game is the Eagles O line which is beat up. If we can keep the pressure with our front four we will have a nice day!

Totally! If our front 4 can get consistant pressure we will be good to go. We don't need a ton of sacks, just a lot of pressure in his face and hits on him.

joemorrisforprez
09-28-2012, 11:35 PM

The Eagles have won seven of their last eight meetings with the Giants. Head coach Andy Reid and company have had their number, and have found ways to neutralize the Giants’ pass rush as well as limiting the big plays from Eli Manning’s offense, which includes stopping the run.

Well, starting a guy with a bulging neck disc doesn't bode well for breaking Gilbride's streak of futility in running the ball against the Eagles.

Rusty192
09-28-2012, 11:39 PM

Excerpt: "The Giants are coming off a ten-day break, which usually spells trouble as too much time off can take away a team’s edge. Playing a divisional foe should help the Giants’ focus.

They’re also coming off two confidence-building wins, albeit against second-tier opposition. Knowing that they’re stepping up in class will surely get everyone’s attention. We expect this to be a very competitive game.

The Eagles are coming off an ugly loss and two ugly wins. Expect them to come out determined to erase that bad taste from their mouths, especially against a division foe on a national stage." Read more...I wouldn't say they neutralize the passrush, we always get after Vick.

Rusty192
09-28-2012, 11:42 PM
Well, starting a guy with a bulging neck disc isn't my idea of breaking Gilbride futility in running the ball against the Eagles.I know everybody keeps on reminding us that we use a tandem back setup. Obliviously. but like why can't we just go primarily with Brown with Bradshaw in the mix?

Well, we'll just have to trust the coaches on this one.

joemorrisforprez
09-28-2012, 11:48 PM
I know everybody keeps on reminding us that we use a tandem back setup. Obliviously. but like why can't we just go primarily with Brown with Bradshaw in the mix?

Well, we'll just have to trust the coaches on this one.

The problem is this: The Giants have lost 7 of 8 games against the Eagles. In most of those losses, the offense - specifically the running game - has been shut down.

Bradshaw had exactly one game last season with over 100 yards.....the running game was bad most of the year last season, and started out poorly this year. Then, the Giants started Andre Brown, and the running game suddenly came to life.

Then we find out Bradshaw has a bulging disc in his neck.....but despite all this....he is going to get the start.....which usually means the majority of carries.

This is what I'm very concerned about:

Injured, ineffective running back gets the start and most of the carries.
Healthy, productive running back plays second fiddle until Giants are in serious trouble.
Healthy 1st round draft pick will be ignored.

Insanity: repeating the same behavior and expecting different results.

I'm calling it right now.....and I totally hope I'm wrong.....if the Giants give Bradshaw the majority of carries, the Giants won't beat the Eagles.

Of course, I shouldn't underestimate Manning....and if I eat my words, it will be because Eli pulls out another 4th quarter miracle....or maybe the Giants defense rings Vick like the Liberty Bell......but it definitely won't be anything Gilbride or Bradshaw put together, that's FO SHO.

Rusty192
09-29-2012, 02:47 AM
Hey man I hear you. No need to explain.

I want to see Brown out there on the first snap and when we call the first run play I want to see him running it. Then throw in Bradshaw after we get it going, and on obvious passing downs. A win here means an effective run game.

I dont want to screw the pooch against the Eagles. Again. For the billionth time.

giantsfam04
09-29-2012, 06:57 AM
I understand why Bradshaw is starting, he has played the eagles several times knows how to protect. Brown has only started one game and that was against a mediocre Carolina team, which I might add he missed a couple of blocks. You cant do that against philly, there d is to good.

joemorrisforprez
09-29-2012, 01:12 PM
I understand why Bradshaw is starting, he has played the eagles several times knows how to protect. Brown has only started one game and that was against a mediocre Carolina team, which I might add he missed a couple of blocks. You cant do that against philly, there d is to good.

Brown's pass protection is fine.

I guess the only good thing to come of Bradshaw starting is that finally we'll be able to compare both backs behind the same offensive line.

miked1958
09-29-2012, 03:07 PM
They will be up for the Eagles. If they could contain Cam, they can contain Vick. Eagles are going down!Totally agree. Cam is the much younger, stronger and faster VERISON of Michael Con-Vick and they shut him down. I don't see MV being an issue

joemorrisforprez
09-29-2012, 03:20 PM
Totally agree. Cam is the much younger, stronger and faster VERISON of Michael Con-Vick and they shut him down. I don't see MV being an issue

That's a good point, but I'm not sure if Cam is faster than Vick.

tonyt830
09-29-2012, 05:38 PM
I think our O-line will have their hands full with Babin, Cole, Jenkins and company. If Eli gets enough time, I think he will have success vs the Eagles secondary. The run game will also benefit from a successful pass game. I look for Bennett to be an X factor as well.

On defense, our secondary is banged up and thin. So getting pressure on Vick is key. Now pressure, not just in sacks, but hits and of course hands up in his throwing lanes will benefit Webster and Prince. Then of course you have to remember that the Eagles have McCoy, a very complete and dangerous back.