Nicks (foot, knee) is doubtful. Has swelling in knee in addition to foot. #nyg

Toadofsteel
09-28-2012, 02:07 PM
Any news on Hixon?

ozzie0075
09-28-2012, 02:09 PM
Any news on Hixon?

Jorge Castillo ‏@jorgeccastillo
Michael Coe is questionable. Ahmad Bradshaw and Domenik Hixon are probable. #nyg

Moke
09-28-2012, 02:10 PM
Great. We'll have to do with Nicks.

Hopefully we can see Barden step up again.

nhpgiantsfan
09-28-2012, 02:12 PM
Let's see what Barden can do against a better defense now.

jax5338
09-28-2012, 02:16 PM
****in ****!

NYG4lifeNYK
09-28-2012, 02:17 PM
Nicks has had two weeks off how could he possibly miss this game.................. this is a HUGE game he needs to play... sit him vs Cleveland

Giantz4Life
09-28-2012, 02:19 PM
That really sucks but I'm not worried....next man up

ozzie0075
09-28-2012, 02:19 PM
Nicks has had two weeks off how could he possibly miss this game.................. this is a HUGE game he needs to play... sit him vs Cleveland

It's because his knee started swelling after practicing yesterday. Sounds like a new issue and his long term health is more important than one game.

TheAnalyst
09-28-2012, 02:21 PM
Jesus... This is why giving Nicks a big contract is a mistake. He is always injured. Always. Sign Cruz long term now. Once again, it may be a leg injury to a WR that details a promising season.

GFiP
09-28-2012, 02:22 PM
If nicks is out I don't think we beat Philly.

Marvelousmik
09-28-2012, 02:23 PM
It's because his knee started swelling after practicing yesterday. Sounds like a new issue and his long term health is more important than one game.

+1

TheEnigma
09-28-2012, 02:24 PM
This is really bad news. Yeah I know about how the Giants are undefeated without Nicks but I don't really put that much stock into that statistic. The worst thing though is that Nicks' issues with personal health will be the driving factor into which guy (Nicks or Cruz) gets the big contract from the FO.

Eli TO Shockey
09-28-2012, 02:26 PM
tough break...

can you say..................RAMSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheAnalyst
09-28-2012, 02:27 PM
This hurts Cruz too cause now he is locked with the defenses #1 cb and gets doubled up.

Giantz4Life
09-28-2012, 02:27 PM
The worst thing though is that Nicks' issues with personal health will be the driving factor into which guy (Nicks or Cruz) gets the big contract from the FO.

Yeah it will be interesting to see how that plays out. Nicks is arguably a top 3 NFL WR when healthy...he is just so physically dominating you'd think he was Calvin Johnson's size

Toadofsteel
09-28-2012, 02:28 PM
Eli will fight with the weapons presented to him. I'm not worried about that. Hosley being out is a much larger issue, as that means we're likely to see Tryon on the field again... smh.

TheEnigma
09-28-2012, 02:33 PM
Yeah it will be interesting to see how that plays out. Nicks is arguably a top 3 NFL WR when healthy...he is just so physically dominating you'd think he was Calvin Johnson's size

Easier to find outside receivers anyway. As much as I love Nicks, I can't see how he can compete with Cruz when he gets banged up by playing so hard. Randle might be his replacement.

Toadofsteel
09-28-2012, 02:36 PM
Something tells me Barden will be the Z receiver next week after his performance last week. I hope he can keep it up and prove that he deserves to be in the NFL...

Morehead State
09-28-2012, 02:37 PM
Jesus... This is why giving Nicks a big contract is a mistake. He is always injured. Always. Sign Cruz long term now. Once again, it may be a leg injury to a WR that details a promising season.
1. Nicks is great........I mean truly great!
2. I wouldn't say that missing a grand total of 7 games in 3 plus years constitutes "always being hurt"

Lets just calm down with that nonsense. A player like Hakeem Nicks comes around only once in a great while.

Marvelousmik
09-28-2012, 02:37 PM
Yeah it will be interesting to see how that plays out. Nicks is arguably a top 3 NFL WR when healthy...

lol huh?

TheEnigma
09-28-2012, 02:38 PM
Something tells me Barden will be the Z receiver next week after his performance last week. I hope he can keep it up and prove that he deserves to be in the NFL...

Probably. I was talking long term when I mentioned Randle would be his replacement.

Giant stuck in Texas
09-28-2012, 02:38 PM
I said this 6 weeks ago and I'll say it again now, they rushed him back and now they/we/him are gonna pay the price for it for the rest of this season.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/big/big-smiley-004.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/free-big-smiley.php)

JPP=BEASTMODE
09-28-2012, 02:39 PM
What the ****? Nicks is one of my favorite players, but damn he is always hurt.

Eli TO Shockey
09-28-2012, 02:40 PM
god is knocking on bardens door...

Eli TO Shockey
09-28-2012, 02:41 PM
I said this 6 weeks ago and I'll say it again now, they rushed him back and now they/we/him are gonna pay the price for it for the rest of this season.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/big/big-smiley-004.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/free-big-smiley.php)

right....especially since the reason hes doubtful is his knee...

Eli TO Shockey
09-28-2012, 02:42 PM
1. Nicks is great........I mean truly great!
2. I wouldn't say that missing a grand total of 7 games in 3 plus years constitutes "always being hurt"

Lets just calm down with that nonsense. A player like Hakeem Nicks comes around only once in a great while.

exactly. He is a beast. If he's on the field..he plays his heart out. never gives limited effort, no matter how injured.

JPP=BEASTMODE
09-28-2012, 02:43 PM
I said this 6 weeks ago and I'll say it again now, they rushed him back and now they/we/him are gonna pay the price for it for the rest of this season.http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/big/big-smiley-004.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/free-big-smiley.php)If it wasn't for that freak accident where he got his foot stepped on his foot would be fine, but now his knee is hurt. SMH

drewz
09-28-2012, 02:45 PM
Not even the slightest bit worried.

Hixon, Cruz, Barden, and Bennett is still a formidable receiving crew

Buddy333
09-28-2012, 02:45 PM
Something is very wrong here. Last week he said he was playing and now 2 and a half weeks later he is doubtful? He must have injured that foot and the team is keeping it quiet. As for Barden, I have been supporting him since he was drafted but I don't think he can fill in for Nicks. He had a good game against a no so good defense that up a 5th round rookie on him most of the game. If he didn't break his foot again let him sit for a month. Nicks is a great WR but is hurt all the time.

JPP=BEASTMODE
09-28-2012, 02:50 PM
Not even the slightest bit worried.Hixon, Cruz, Barden, and Bennett is still a formidable receiving crew

I agree with you,but it still sucks to have your best receiver on the bench.

Eli TO Shockey
09-28-2012, 02:51 PM
Not even the slightest bit worried.

Hixon, Cruz, Barden, and Bennett is still a formidable receiving crew

agreed. especially with their overrated secondary. still would be nice to have hakeem out there.

Giantz4Life
09-28-2012, 02:57 PM
lol huh?

What don't you get?

Ruttiger711
09-28-2012, 02:57 PM
Something is very wrong here. Last week he said he was playing and now 2 and a half weeks later he is doubtful? He must have injured that foot and the team is keeping it quiet. As for Barden, I have been supporting him since he was drafted but I don't think he can fill in for Nicks. He had a good game against a no so good defense that up a 5th round rookie on him most of the game. If he didn't break his foot again let him sit for a month. Nicks is a great WR but is hurt all the time.

Who does it benefit by keeping the injury a secret or out right lying about it? I just don't get the conspiracy theory logic thrown in whenever somebody's hurt Longer for then we hope for them to be hurt.

Nick plays hurt more then he's out hurt.

titwio
09-28-2012, 02:59 PM
This is some BS. The Giants can't catch a break with these injuries. Now there's swelling in his knee?? The Eagles corners are no joke and Ramses is not going to get the same treatment as Carolina.

I'm just hoping Nicks can go by Sunday night cause they're going to definitely need him against that defense.

Morehead State
09-28-2012, 03:00 PM
This is some BS. The Giants can't catch a break with these injuries. Now there's swelling in his knee?? The Eagles corners are no joke and Ramses is not going to get the same treatment as Carolina.

I'm just hoping Nicks can go by Sunday night cause they're going to need him against that defense.
Well the eagles lost their starting LT and Center for the season. The Skins lost their two best defensive players for the season.
Lets not be feeling too sorry for ourselves.

Eli TO Shockey
09-28-2012, 03:00 PM

I'm just hoping Nicks can go by Sunday night cause they're going to definitely need him against that defense.

nnamdi is half the CB he was in oakland.....

Toadofsteel
09-28-2012, 03:01 PM
Well the eagles lost their starting LT and Center for the season. The Skins lost their two best defensive players for the season.
Lets not be feeling too sorry for ourselves.

There is that to be said. The Eagles are basically starting the equivalent of Cordle at C and Brewer at T...

TheEnigma
09-28-2012, 03:02 PM

Still much better than Josh Norman from Coastal Carolina. I'm more worried for whatever receivers are going against DRC and Boykin. Those two have been beastin so far this season.

Giantz4Life
09-28-2012, 03:03 PM

I think Nnamdi is better suited for a more physical style of press and man coverage....Philly still plays a lot of zone with Castillo

titwio
09-28-2012, 03:06 PM

He's still no slouch though and DRC has looked great this year. That along with their D-line makes me not feel too great having to rely on Ramses Barden.

TheEnigma
09-28-2012, 03:07 PM
I think Nnamdi is better suited for a more physical style of press and man coverage....Philly still plays a lot of zone with Castillo

Nnamdi leads the league in snaps in press coverage.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/09/22/press-coverage/

Eli TO Shockey
09-28-2012, 03:10 PM
He's still no slouch though and DRC has looked great this year. That along with their D-line makes me not feel too great having to rely on Ramses Barden.

at cliche as it sounds. Next man up. I hope he rises to the occasion...gonna need him

Giantz4Life
09-28-2012, 03:13 PM
Nnamdi leads the league in snaps in press coverage.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/09/22/press-coverage/

Yeah that's when he is most effective for sure.

jerseytom
09-28-2012, 03:42 PM
Remember last yr Cruz had a breakout game against Philthy,Well you heard it here first .Someone,Bennett,Hixon,Barden, or maybe even Cruz once again.Maybe even the run game.But someone will step up ,this is what this team does,we will beat the Iggles how bad ? not to sure, but we will have a shining star when its all said and done.Don't know about you ,but I believe in my Giants and the coaches.

Rudyy
09-28-2012, 03:44 PM
Some people =
http://blog.seattlepi.com/peoplescritic/files/2012/01/man-on-a-ledge.jpg

drewz
09-28-2012, 03:46 PM
Some people =
http://blog.seattlepi.com/peoplescritic/files/2012/01/man-on-a-ledge.jpg

are bad actors?

Rudyy
09-28-2012, 03:46 PM
are bad actors? Yup, that's exactly what I was going for..

Buddy333
09-28-2012, 03:49 PM
I won't say the season is over but the odds are heavily in favor of the Eagles. They have a great DL. I'm not sold on the 1 good game the Giants OL put up.

GentleGiant
09-28-2012, 03:53 PM
lol huh?

You haven't been here very long have you?

I'd probably put him at number 4. With Calvin, then Fitzgerald, then Andre, then nicks. But he did say ARGUABLY.

GentleGiant
09-28-2012, 03:56 PM
I won't say the season is over but the odds are heavily in favor of the Eagles. They have a great DL. I'm not sold on the 1 good game the Giants OL put up.

Yeah they have a great d line. So what? They have overrated corners. Giants have the greatest d line in the league. Eli is way more consistent than Vick. He's beaten way better Ds than the eagles(9ers). The running game is working again. The receivers are better even without Nicks.

giantsfan420
09-28-2012, 03:59 PM
ok well thank god we got the anti jinx jinx post by buddy. buddy says odds in phillys favor heavily, and that he doesnt buy that 1 good performance. that equals us beating philly easily. whew...thanks buddy

Giant stuck in Texas
09-28-2012, 04:01 PM
right....especially since the reason hes doubtful is his knee...

Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas

Do you usually NOT read the first post in the threads you post in?

Giant stuck in Texas
09-28-2012, 04:03 PM
If it wasn't for that freak accident where he got his foot stepped on his foot would be fine, but now his knee is hurt. SMHHis foot has been sore in every game he has played in, even before it was stepped on.

Buddy333
09-28-2012, 04:05 PM
Eli is very good but he is without some weapons. Last year they had Nicks and Manningham hat game that Cruz broke out. The running game is working again? I need to see more than 1 game to say that they are back. They where bad all last year, the pre season, and the 1st game and a half of the season. The WR's are better even without Nicks? Nicks is a top 5 WR in the league. I like Barden, but he worked over a 5th round rookie. I need to see more before I'd say he could fill in for Nicks.

CowboysSuck
09-28-2012, 04:47 PM
This is it, the final nail in the coffin. Ealges 33 Giants 16

ChuckKnoxx
09-28-2012, 05:44 PM
More time for Barden to shine. Little worried about how long Nicks is going to be nagging though. Hes a beast and will play when ready.

Eliscruzzz
09-28-2012, 06:07 PM
look I know it's early in the season but this is a must win game I have all the confidence in the world that Eli will still play great just not going to be able to push the ball down the field.... man that sucks for Nicks man I thought he would be ready. I hope he feels better on Sunday night and maybe we can get him rest when we play the Browns??? Damn very disappointing news.

Eliscruzzz
09-28-2012, 06:13 PM
Eli is very good but he is without some weapons. Last year they had Nicks and Manningham hat game that Cruz broke out. The running game is working again? I need to see more than 1 game to say that they are back. They where bad all last year, the pre season, and the 1st game and a half of the season. The WR's are better even without Nicks? Nicks is a top 5 WR in the league. I like Barden, but he worked over a 5th round rookie. I need to see more before I'd say he could fill in for Nicks.no he is saying our wr are better then the Eagles even without Nicks which I think is true.

Eli TO Shockey
09-28-2012, 06:28 PM
Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas

Do you usually NOT read the first post in the threads you post in?

if it was only hit foot...he'd be playing. The soreness is something hes been playing with and will continue to play with all season.

bearbryant
09-28-2012, 06:44 PM
not good news from Nicks camp! We need him regardless of what happens with the KING! Cruz & Nicks are the dynamic duo!!!

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-28-2012, 06:50 PM
look I know it's early in the season but this is a must win game I have all the confidence in the world that Eli will still play great just not going to be able to push the ball down the field.... man that sucks for Nicks man I thought he would be ready. I hope he feels better on Sunday night and maybe we can get him rest when we play the Browns??? Damn very disappointing news.Yes it is a MUST win game. We cannot go 0-2 in our own division for the 1st 2 Divisional games. I think we will eeek this one out. And also until Nicks is a total scratch for the game......the Iggles have to watch the game film on Barden which might not prepare them very well since now they have an additional receiver to prepare for without knowing who is gonna play. Glad this was announced late in the week about Nicks!

Which brings me to a point of why, why do we even announce who is in and not in? It should be like the drag races.......run what ya brung style.

Giant stuck in Texas
09-28-2012, 08:20 PM
if it was only hit foot...he'd be playing. The soreness is something hes been playing with and will continue to play with all season.
Oh thank God!!! For awhile there I thought you needed substantial evidence to post credible information about player.

Hey everyone !!!!!!! Great news!!!!!!!
Eli TO Shockey reports that Jenny Vrentas's initial report was false and that Nicks's foot is only sore and in fact NOT swollen!!!!

Also, at the top of the hour, Eli To Shockey reports on whether Victor Cruz prefers home fries or curly fries. Stay tuned!!

nycsportzfan
09-28-2012, 08:28 PM
Jesus... This is why giving Nicks a big contract is a mistake. He is always injured. Always. Sign Cruz long term now. Once again, it may be a leg injury to a WR that details a promising season. i agree. This guy is hurt or having to play hurt every week of like every season..lol I would not sign him longterm, because no matter how good u are, u gotta be on the field ot show that.. I'd sign Cruz long term before Nicks... I mean, this guy just said hes 100pct playing against Philly, and now hes got a new knee issue? Dude practiced like one day!!!lol I love em, and hes a insane talent, but jesus!

Giantterp
09-28-2012, 08:37 PM
i agree. This guy is hurt or having to play hurt every week of like every season..lol I would not sign him longterm, because no matter how good u are, u gotta be on the field ot show that.. I'd sign Cruz long term before Nicks... I mean, this guy just said hes 100pct playing against Philly, and now hes got a new knee issue? Dude practiced like one day!!!lol I love em, and hes a insane talent, but jesus!

Doesn't anyone here play fantasy football???? Almost every wide receiver in the league gets banged up and misses games. It's the nature of today's game. Andre Johnson, Steve Smith (NC), Vincent Jackson, Percy Havin, Dwayne Bowe, Miles Auston, Dez Bryant, Jerry Macklin, Pierre Garcon, Marquis Colston, and Brandon Marshall have all been banged up an missed some games here and there over the past couple of years.

Let's see if this is a long term issue, before we hit the panic button.

nycsportzfan
09-28-2012, 09:10 PM
Doesn't anyone here play fantasy football???? Almost every wide receiver in the league gets banged up and misses games. It's the nature of today's game. Andre Johnson, Steve Smith (NC), Vincent Jackson, Percy Havin, Dwayne Bowe, Miles Auston, Dez Bryant, Jerry Macklin, Pierre Garcon, Marquis Colston, and Brandon Marshall have all been banged up an missed some games here and there over the past couple of years.

Let's see if this is a long term issue, before we hit the panic button. What do u mean? Calvin Johnson just played a full season last yr and hasen't missed a game yet this yr? Sure he might be dinged up, but hes not missing tons of time.. In fact, hes played 16games in back to back seasons and hasen't missed on this yr... Steve Smith has only missed 2games outta the last 33 as well.. I could go on and on.. Sure u got ur injury prone WR's, but i certainly woudlen't be signing any of em longterm... Nicks hasen't made it through one full season in his career yet..

Captain Chaos
09-28-2012, 10:16 PM
Well we may just see if Barden is the real deal....He will certainly be going against a couple of good corners, Still think Bennett is going to be huge this game!

Eliscruzzz
09-28-2012, 10:20 PM
I would not let Nicks go that easy I mean image if Dallas picks him up or Philly, crap even the Redskins...I don't want to see that. Sign him long term he is worth it, he played huge in the playoffs and plays great during the RS. Him and Eli built a report with each other Cruz is better cause of him you can't let him walk I mean how old is he 24???? sign him to 6 years let Eli finish his career with him...I'm willing to bet anything Eli doesn't want this guy gone either.

JPP=BEASTMODE
09-28-2012, 11:03 PM
His foot has been sore in every game he has played in, even before it was stepped on.Ya but it obviously didn't affect him too much in the Bucs game.

JPP=BEASTMODE
09-28-2012, 11:06 PM
Oh thank God!!! For awhile there I thought you needed substantial evidence to post credible information about player.Hey everyone !!!!!!! Great news!!!!!!!Eli TO Shockey reports that Jenny Vrentas's initial report was false and that Nicks's foot is only sore and in fact NOT swollen!!!! Also, at the top of the hour, Eli To Shockey reports on whether Victor Cruz prefers home fries or curly fries. Stay tuned!!LMAO

CowboysSuck
09-28-2012, 11:08 PM
Everyone is in armchair GM mode. Relax, who knows what going on and he still might play. How come Terrell Thomas got a pass back in August when everyone wanted him signed? Yet our most productive WR whos missed all of 7 games his career cant be trusted?

Cloud57
09-28-2012, 11:23 PM
This sucks since this will occur for rest of the season, now we have 2 key players with foot problems, Nicks and Bradshaw.

Giantterp
09-28-2012, 11:23 PM
What do u mean? Calvin Johnson just played a full season last yr and hasen't missed a game yet this yr? Sure he might be dinged up, but hes not missing tons of time.. In fact, hes played 16games in back to back seasons and hasen't missed on this yr... Steve Smith has only missed 2games outta the last 33 as well.. I could go on and on.. Sure u got ur injury prone WR's, but i certainly woudlen't be signing any of em longterm... Nicks hasen't made it through one full season in his career yet..

Calvin Johnson is a freak...But, you are comparing him to the clear cut #1 receiver in the league. I love Nicks, but he's not comparable to Johnson. I hardly think missing a few games a year is injury prone. Otherwise, 1/2 of the CB's and WR in the NFL would be labeled that way.

Again, if he misses most of the year-that would be concerning.

nycsportzfan
09-28-2012, 11:44 PM
Calvin Johnson is a freak...But, you are comparing him to the clear cut #1 receiver in the league. I love Nicks, but he's not comparable to Johnson. I hardly think missing a few games a year is injury prone. Otherwise, 1/2 of the CB's and WR in the NFL would be labeled that way.

Again, if he misses most of the year-that would be concerning. I'm comparing him injury wise to other awesome wr's..lol What are u talking about? It has nothing to do with talent wise, what i'm comparing..lol

Ruttiger711
09-28-2012, 11:55 PM

Again, if he misses most of the year-that would be concerning.

NOT comparable to Johnson? - now THATS a stretch

Career avg Nicks - 15.1 yds/catch 74.3 yds/game - 44 games 216 catches

Career avg Megatron - 16.0 yds/catch 79 yds/game - 79 games 390 catches

He's more comparable than not....

nycsportzfan
09-29-2012, 02:47 AM
Everyone is in armchair GM mode. Relax, who knows what going on and he still might play. How come Terrell Thomas got a pass back in August when everyone wanted him signed? Yet our most productive WR whos missed all of 7 games his career cant be trusted?because TT made it through at least one season completely healthy, and TT was at a postion that we haven't been finding ALL PROS off the Undrafted free agent list, and guys aren't getting spot starts going for 9catches and 138yrds...etc Another words, its a completely diffrent positon and we have found WR's alittle easier then CB's so far..

Also, maybe guys like TT and Bradshaw are making people nervous when it comes to resigning injury prone players to new deals? Maybe injury prone players just are well, injury prone..lol I mean, we haven't really seen a ton of injury prone players stay healthy after getting the title injury prone, have we? If NICKS dosent' get healthy fast and play the rest of the season unschaved, i would probably let em walk.. This is a every yr thing, and those injurys add up.. Victor Cruz is always healthy, and i'd worry about signing him first and foremost, unless Nicks shows he can also stay healthy..

gmenfan0488
09-29-2012, 02:59 AM
\hopefully nicks can go. If he doesn't hopefully Barden can step up again. Nicks is injury prone, may need to release or trade him

Giantterp
09-29-2012, 08:14 AM
\hopefully nicks can go. If he doesn't hopefully Barden can step up again. Nicks is injury prone, may need to release or trade him

Awesome-right after his amazing playoff performance last year. Maybe, we should slow down and see what happens with this season...Again, a significant amount of WRs get banged up frequently. I just love when we look at the Giants as they are in a vacuum. Every team in the league has had a TT type signing. It's just part of the business. There's no magic out there. You can't sign freaks like Eli Manning, Calvin Johnson-players that are all pro's and rarely or never miss games at every position.

Rich4114
09-29-2012, 09:32 AM
From an injury standpoint, it's more like Andre Johnson. One of the best WR in the game but he will always miss a few here and there due to injury and the way he plays.

I'm sure it comes down to two things. Pain management, which is up to Nicks and will one injury cause him to compensate in other areas too much causing another injury. And also, will he be able to beat press coverage and run full speed with a gimpy knee. All of these things will effect how well he can play and depending on the condition of the knee, then I guess we're better off with a 100% healthy Barden and Hixon.

I'll tell you what, there are still lots of Barden doubters because of the coverage and experience of the CB on him in the Carolina game. If Barden can have another big game tomorrow night then there are going to be a lot of giddy Giants fans, including myself.