PDA

View Full Version : Hosley Diehl and Rivers OUT vs Eagles

TheAnalyst
09-28-2012, 02:15 PM
Nicks is apparently doubtful as well. The lack of injury luck continues for the New York Giants. Not having Hosley and Nicks could cost us this game. We don't have 1 healthy CB by the way and our safeties are falling fast.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-28-2012, 02:21 PM
What the **** happened to Hosley.......? He just played vs Carolina....... this is so ridiculous we need him on the field.

So Prince, Webster & Coe? I swear to God if Tryon costs us this game... he is awful

This injury news is ****ing depressing.... Ncks had better play :(

TheAnalyst
09-28-2012, 02:24 PM
I think we should draft 3 Cbs in the first 3 rounds next year since having 6 CBs isn't enough. Cweb - broken handT2 - ACLPrince - foot / ankleHosley - HamstringCoe - HamstringRolle - kneeWaiting to hear the KP is hurt.

Moke
09-28-2012, 02:27 PM
How many more CBs do we need? Extend the roster for the Giants because we have a serious CB curse.

Toadofsteel
09-28-2012, 02:30 PM
I really hope Hosley can get healthy quickly... he's the most crucial piece on defense now. I used to think this guy had the potential to become another Darrelle Revis. Now it looks like he's going the way of Darrelle Revis...

Cloud57
09-28-2012, 02:36 PM
The eagles have speedy receivers and not having Hosley is definitely gonna hurt us

Cloud57
09-28-2012, 02:38 PM
I think we should draft 3 Cbs in the first 3 rounds next year since having 6 CBs isn't enough. Cweb - broken handT2 - ACLPrince - foot / ankleHosley - HamstringCoe - HamstringRolle - kneeWaiting to hear the KP is hurt.

It seems we only draft soft Cbs who gets injured after every game

Cloud57
09-28-2012, 02:40 PM
oh and Jeremy Maclin will be playing on sunday

Buddy333
09-28-2012, 02:47 PM
Well Diehl has not been playing good for some time now. Now we know why Reese was able to get River for so little.

Eli TO Shockey
09-28-2012, 02:54 PM
PRINCE <------- Future

Moke
09-28-2012, 02:54 PM
PRINCE <------- Future

Yeah, wonder how long that's going to take. Nothing has made me believe that Prince is the future yet. I really want to see it and believe it.

Eli TO Shockey
09-28-2012, 03:02 PM
Yeah, wonder how long that's going to take. Nothing has made me believe that Prince is the future yet. I really want to see it and believe it.

Don't say I didnt warn you. I expect him to play big on sunday.....really liked what I saw out of him last week.

GMENAGAIN
It seems we only draft soft Cbs who gets injured after every game

You must be a real tough guy to be able to call pro athletes soft . . . . .

Eli TO Shockey
oh and Jeremy Maclin will be playing on sunday

If Vick has no time to throw the ball, then we have nothing to worry about. :D

Syverce
09-28-2012, 03:09 PM
Why does noone give Prince credit for how he played in the playoffs last year? Look at the QB talent we matched up with down the stretch. They had to be looking to target the rookie, and more often than not when they looked his way he had his man covered.

Moke
09-28-2012, 03:11 PM
Why does noone give Prince credit for how he played in the playoffs last year? Look at the QB talent we matched up with down the stretch. They had to be looking to target the rookie, and more often than not when they looked his way he had his man covered.

Nobody said anything about last year in the playoffs. He was good in the playoffs. But he is inconsistent thus far, so I am not writing off Prince as the "future" just yet.

TroyArcher
09-28-2012, 03:18 PM
Rivers is not making a godd impression, he is living up to his reputation of being injury prone.

sharick88
09-28-2012, 03:58 PM
This just sucks. We are pretty much guaranteed to see Tryon out there trying to cover receivers. I would rather see a cardboard cut out of Hosley out there than Tryon.

Fharcyde
09-28-2012, 04:50 PM
Was looking forward to a solid season from Rivers but he can't seem to stay on the field. Hamstrings can be tricky though. Too bad our BYE week is so late in the season. Hopefully we'll be able to make the best of the time off once week 11 rolls around.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-28-2012, 04:59 PM
This just sucks. We are pretty much guaranteed to see Tryon out there trying to cover receivers. I would rather see a cardboard cut out of Hosley out there than Tryon.

LOL

Cloud57
09-28-2012, 05:11 PM

I guess Desean Jackson is gonna have a big night

TheAnalyst
09-28-2012, 05:25 PM
CWeb hasn't been great out there either, so if we are pointing fingers, let's point everywhere.

Moke
09-28-2012, 05:26 PM
I guess Desean Jackson is gonna have a big night

Desean jackson is a tool. Moving along.

DownWitJPP
09-28-2012, 05:44 PM
Tryon hasn't been as bad as some of you are making him out to be, yes he got beat a few times but his coverage has been tight. It's not like he got burned and the receiver was wide open down the field, he just needs to make better plays on the ball when its in the air. I haven't gave up hope on him yet, the mistakes he has made are correctable, its not from being a lesser athlete

giantsfan420
09-28-2012, 06:32 PM
sharick, that cardboard cutout comment was classic. made me laugh and i needed that today thanks.

if Justin "The term is 'Little People'" Tryon covers Djax or Macclin at any point, it could easily go for a TD. Then again, he could actually make some plays who knows.

I said this last night. We are going into Philly with our db's similar to we went to Carolina with 4 wr's. It worked great once, hate how we have to go to that well again. We have a one handed webster, one hamstringed Coe (if he even plays), one foot Prince, and 1/2 a NFL player in Tryon. Combined, they give us an awesome cornerback. However, each one of those guys could easily aggravate their issue, and we could end up having to field Darrel Scott at corner...Hate how our secondary is always so thin...At least Rolle should go

gmenfan0488
09-29-2012, 03:30 AM
If Vick has no time to throw the ball, then we have nothing to worry about. :D
Hopefully Osi and Tuck get on that. JPP;s been good

DragonSoul
09-29-2012, 05:36 AM
Nicks is apparently doubtful as well. The lack of injury luck continues for the New York Giants. Not having Hosley and Nicks could cost us this game. We don't have 1 healthy CB by the way and our safeties are falling fast.they have a great medical staff. Only one that seems to get worse in relations to players every year. Cannot really recall when we had a team that wasnt always decimated by injuries.

swimeasy
09-29-2012, 05:53 AM
Hopefully Osi and Tuck get on that. JPP;s been good

I'm more concerned about stopping the run.

Captain Chaos
09-29-2012, 08:57 AM
Next man up! I would rather they get the these guys healthy. Besides the Eagles have their issues on O Line...Its the NFL pick your poison!

Toadofsteel
09-29-2012, 08:58 AM
Tryon hasn't been as bad as some of you are making him out to be, yes he got beat a few times but his coverage has been tight. It's not like he got burned and the receiver was wide open down the field, he just needs to make better plays on the ball when its in the air. I haven't gave up hope on him yet, the mistakes he has made are correctable, its not from being a lesser athlete

Tryon should stick to special teams. He's baller as a gunner (hell, he forced a fumble last week). But while he has the physical speed required to be a DB, he just doesn't have the football intelligence required to cover a receiver like that. Maybe he could improve over a couple years, but right now I'd rather only see him in 6 or 7 DB packages...

Personally, I'd rather see our nickel defense be a 3 safety set before letting our lower-end CBs take the field. Will Hill looks to be baller, as does Stevie...

swimeasy
09-30-2012, 08:49 AM
Next man up! I would rather they get the these guys healthy. Besides the Eagles have their issues on O Line...Its the NFL pick your poison!

IA and I hope their OL issues continue tonight.

Then there is this about their "Wide-9" as well:

"It’s also difficult to run outside against the Wide-9, although the flip side is that running inside is easier because the gaps are so big. As a result, foes are averaging a healthy 4.0 yards per carry so far versus the Eagles.

Giants coach Tom Coughlin credited Philadelphia with going against the grain despite much skepticism and coming away looking smart.
“It’s a very effective scheme for them,” Coughlin said Friday. “They’ve done very well with it. They attack the quarterback, and they play the run on the way to the ball.”

So, will TC try to exploit the inside gaps tonight? Thoughts on which rb has been most effective running inside?

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/wide_eyed_at_philly_bWEZp77MYcihveC68YeZQO?utm_med ium=rss&utm_content=Giants&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

RoanokeFan
09-30-2012, 08:54 AM
It seems we only draft soft Cbs who gets injured after every game LOL

BigBlue wins
09-30-2012, 10:33 AM

Haha...I laughed good after reading that!

As another poster said, Tryon is still a bit raw..but we'll have to most likely work with what we have. Hopefully our DE can pressure vick and get after him enough to stutter their offense..

For some reason, I see a lot of screens by the Eagles tonight. I also see Boley getting another INT tonight. It's about time we return one for a TD!

TheAnalyst
09-30-2012, 11:09 AM
We need to hit Vick over and over again to win this one. And we need to be able to control the clock.

StrahanTheMan
09-30-2012, 12:59 PM
We definitely need to pressure vick today. He's gotten a lot of scrutiny for holding the ball too long, if he decides to listen today it could be a long game.