PDA

View Full Version : Will Barden be getting a lot of targets again?

Toadofsteel
09-28-2012, 01:56 PM
With Nicks out, that means the 3-wide set will most likely be Hixon-Cruz-Barden. I picked up Barden on my fantasy team last week as part of my crow-eating process and I was wondering if I should start him over Welker, AJ Green, or Percy Harvin... of those 3 I'd most likely pick Welker but not entirely sure.

dezzzR
09-28-2012, 01:58 PM
Dont see why not since Cruz will likely be doubled most of the time.

Moke
09-28-2012, 01:59 PM
Yes , he will. I hope he produces being that the Eagles defense is better than Carolina. I can see Bennett having a huge game. Hopefully Reid pulls the "Bellichek DON'T COVER HIM BECAUSE HE 'SUCKS'" move and Barden gets targeted a lot.

Toadofsteel
09-28-2012, 02:00 PM
But unlike last week, Hixon is also healthy. I'm trying to guess which of those two would more likely be targeted. I know Eli just goes for whoever gets open, but if I had a choice in fantasy between Barden and Hixon, which should I start?

RoanokeFan
09-28-2012, 02:00 PM
This is where we see just how good our WR depth is. Personally, I think Hixon and Barden have a great opportunity if the double Cruz, which they almost have to.

Moke
09-28-2012, 02:03 PM
But unlike last week, Hixon is also healthy. I'm trying to guess which of those two would more likely be targeted. I know Eli just goes for whoever gets open, but if I had a choice in fantasy between Barden and Hixon, which should I start?

I'd probably go Hixon but why start any of them?

Toadofsteel
09-28-2012, 02:03 PM
This is where we see just how good our WR depth is. Personally, I think Hixon and Barden have a great opportunity if the double Cruz, which they almost have to.

I have no doubt that Cruz will be doubled all night, after what he did last year in Philthy that's pretty much a guarantee.

Eli TO Shockey
09-28-2012, 02:04 PM
I dont think Cruz will be doubled. They are too ****y and arrogant to do that.

Moke
09-28-2012, 02:04 PM

What? Seriously?

Eli TO Shockey
09-28-2012, 02:05 PM
It will be interesting to see how Barden fares against a legitimate CB.

Eli TO Shockey
09-28-2012, 02:06 PM
[QUOTE=Moke;506219]What?

They'll keep a close eye, and provide safety help over the top. But I dont expect it to be as extreme as the carolina game.

SackingMyths
09-28-2012, 02:06 PM
With Nicks out, that means the 3-wide set will most likely be Hixon-Cruz-Barden. I picked up Barden on my fantasy team last week as part of my crow-eating process and I was wondering if I should start him over Welker, AJ Green, or Percy Harvin... of those 3 I'd most likely pick Welker but not entirely sure.

No way, jose. That'd be chasing points.

Those are 3 very (very) upper tier options based on their matchups this week and just in general. Welker, with Edelman banged up and no Hernandez, will play plenty and destroy Buffalo. AJ Green you just don't sit ever. And Percy should have even more room to operate now that Jerome Simpson is back to run clear-out routes.

Love Barden...have him on my team, too . But Philly's CBs press at the line, and going from CAR's rookie CB to Nnamdi and DRC is a ginormous leap.
I'd wait and see how Barden does against that if I were you. If anything, I'm trying to trade him to the Nicks owner as insurance.

Toadofsteel
09-28-2012, 02:09 PM
No way, jose. That'd be chasing points.

Those are 3 very (very) upper tier options based on their matchups this week and just in general. Welker, with Edelman banged up and no Hernandez, will play plenty and destroy Buffalo. AJ Green you just don't sit ever. And Percy should have even more room to operate now that Jerome Simpson is back to run clear-out routes.

Love Barden...have him too on my team. But Philly's CBs press at the line. I'd wait and see how Barden does against that. If anything, I'm trying to trade him to the Nicks owner as insurance.

Sounds good. I was fairly set on Green and Harvin seemed okay (even moreso now that the Vikings are actually doing quite well in general), it was Welker I wasn't sold on (I have him in my flex spot). I don't know how much of that was him being targeted less in favor of a now-injured Hernandez or whatever, hopefully he won't screw me over this week.

RoanokeFan
09-28-2012, 02:10 PM

At their peril then

SackingMyths
09-28-2012, 02:15 PM
Sounds good. I was fairly set on Green and Harvin seemed okay (even moreso now that the Vikings are actually doing quite well in general), it was Welker I wasn't sold on (I have him in my flex spot). I don't know how much of that was him being targeted less in favor of a now-injured Hernandez or whatever, hopefully he won't screw me over this week.

Yeah, I hear ya bro. Messy situation and NE's not afraid to send a message to their studs, regardless of their past history (I.E: Seymour, Moss)

But I think that regardless of what BB was trying to prove the first few games, WW has to play extensively out of necessity. Two straight losses and a division game is no time to mess around. And he's fresh off eating Lardarius Webb alive and is now facing a vastly inferior pass D than Baltimore.

I'd roll him out there with confidence this week but maybe try to move him if you think he's gonna scare you each week..

NWKEffectElement
09-28-2012, 02:23 PM
I doubt it. The iggles aren't the ignorant to single him. The will prob double Cruz and bracket Barden. Hixon and Randle will see more targets. The Black unicorn may score again.

Rudyy
09-28-2012, 02:48 PM
I dont think Cruz will be doubled. They are too ****y and arrogant to do that. The Eagles aren't that stupid.

RoanokeFan
09-28-2012, 02:50 PM
I doubt it. The iggles aren't the ignorant to single him. The will prob double Cruz and bracket Barden. Hixon and Randle will see more targets. The Black unicorn may score again.

Look for Bennett to shine

dezzzR
09-28-2012, 02:50 PM
It will be interesting to see how Barden fares against a legitimate CB.If Bardens struggling Tom cant be stubborn and keep him in. We have two other WR with high potential waiting for their chance too.

giantsfan420
09-28-2012, 03:02 PM
randle and barden have a break out day. i dont believe hixon possesses a trait that can take over this game. just my opinion. we may need hixon to be a possession type guy, but big plays, im betting on barden n randle

Fharcyde
09-28-2012, 03:41 PM
I can see Bennett getting a lot of targets considering he's probably the second best option and still a little under the radar. Demeco Ryans is certainly an upgrade over any linebacker Philly had last year, but I still don't think they have what it takes to shut him down completely.

baywest
09-28-2012, 08:07 PM
I hope Nicks is ready. Barden could of easy had a couple of the pass he caught intercepted. I do think we should see if he can play against better CB's

Eliscruzzz
09-28-2012, 09:32 PM
I don't care if the have DR at MLB he still cannot handle Bennett..he is a mismatch for any LB in the league he will have a big game and Bennett can line up away from DR to find the mismatch cause Eli will find it. I think Philly will be prepared for Barden they saw what Eli did with him against the Panthers. I'm looking for Bennet and believe or not Cruz to have a big game cause they Philly D to me has look very beatable with play over the middle. If it's not Cruz I think Randle's day is here I know he's a rookie but when we go 4 wr he is going to see a lot of single coverage and I think he is going to take the top off the Philly D and catch them by surprise.

RichardMc
09-28-2012, 09:36 PM
I can see Bennett having a big day. Though Eli will take whoever is open. I noticed the Eagles playing man against the Cardinals, though they rolled the safeties toward Fitzgerald at times. They also played those short slants very tight at times as well. Should be a very tight game. Eagles, no matter how poorly they may be playing, always play the Giants very, very tough.

Buddy333
09-28-2012, 10:24 PM
I really wish Randle had more catches in pre season and in the 3 games this season. I have supported Barden since he was drafted but I'm not sold on him being the #2 WR. If he does go out here and have a monster game they should rest Nicks for a month. Let him get as healthy as possible and then this team could be unstoppable.

Toadofsteel
09-28-2012, 10:50 PM
Yeah, I hear ya bro. Messy situation and NE's not afraid to send a message to their studs, regardless of their past history (I.E: Seymour, Moss)

But I think that regardless of what BB was trying to prove the first few games, WW has to play extensively out of necessity. Two straight losses and a division game is no time to mess around. And he's fresh off eating Lardarius Webb alive and is now facing a vastly inferior pass D than Baltimore.

I'd roll him out there with confidence this week but maybe try to move him if you think he's gonna scare you each week..

It shouldn't be much of a problem going forward... I have Heath Miller on bye this week and as such I'm starting Jermichael Finley right now (smh). Though I'm trying to trade for Bennett. If that works out hopefully I can be fine at the TE position and not need Welker as much (my league is 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1flex 1K 1D)

gmenfan0488
09-29-2012, 02:18 AM
they'll double Cruz. Hopefully this leaves Barden open if Nicks is out, and I think Bennet has a big game

Diamondring
09-29-2012, 02:23 AM
If Bardens struggling Tom cant be stubborn and keep him in. We have two other WR with high potential waiting for their chance too.Barden is the real deal and he will do good.

Diamondring
09-29-2012, 02:26 AM
I hope Nicks is ready. Barden could of easy had a couple of the pass he caught intercepted. I do think we should see if he can play against better CB'sThere are not that many good dbs in the NFL. As for those easily intercepted passes. Well this is real football and a lot of dbs aren't good catchers. Some of those passes looked like they could get intercepted but all football players have abilities and many of them are not able to get those so call ints anyways.

Diamondring
09-29-2012, 02:28 AM

Don't eat crow yet cause Barden didn't play against real dbs.

joeybagadonutz23
09-29-2012, 03:29 AM
Asomuhga and Cromartie are both good CB's, both 6'2" and fast. Barden still has a big size advantage if he can get any separation at all. I'm more worried about our OL protecting Eli. Eli will find the open guy. I'm with a lot of others though, I think it's going to be Bennett and hopefully a couple big plays to Wilson out of the backfield.

Captain Chaos
09-29-2012, 08:19 AM
The beauty is that Eli has lots of solid targets, Bennett will likely have a huge day. Barden's success was getting behind the LBs and beatting his man. That will be more challenging this game. Still think he can use his size on the slants and cause some issues. That said I would not pick him due to the eagles D line and secondary.

Ruttiger711
09-29-2012, 08:28 AM
All I want is Barden to catch he ball when it's thrown to him. I'd be surprised if its more than 4-5 attempts.

If 2 or 3 of those are 3rd down conversions it will be a huge contribution.

Flip Empty
09-29-2012, 09:21 AM
The Eagles have one of the better pass defenses in the league, having only allowed opposing quarterbacks to complete 50% of their passes, and only conceding 3 touchdowns through the air.
They've shut down tight ends as well (129 yards/no touchdowns), so Bennett's success is not a given.

Philly's offense may be in all kinds of strife, but their defense is just fine.

Still, with this being a division game and all, the rule book will most likely be thrown out the window.

brad
09-29-2012, 09:31 AM
With Bennet playing so well and Barden having a breakout game last week, it will be interesting to see how the Eagles D attacks this offense. They have two good corners on the outside and may try to go man with Barden and Cruz, I think that would lead to a big game for Cruz. But, if they keep the safeties back to help out in coverage, the running game is going to open up.

My guess is that they will mix up the coverages and this game will come down to how well Eli recognizes coverages and adjusts to them. Prediction is Barden having a nice game but not quite as big as last week. This week will belong to Cruz, Bennet and the running game.

RoanokeFan
09-29-2012, 09:42 AM
With Bennet playing so well and Barden having a breakout game last week, it will be interesting to see how the Eagles D attacks this offense. They have two good corners on the outside and may try to go man with Barden and Cruz, I think that would lead to a big game for Cruz. But, if they keep the safeties back to help out in coverage, the running game is going to open up. My guess is that they will mix up the coverages and this game will come down to how well Eli recognizes coverages and adjusts to them. Prediction is Barden having a nice game but not quite as big as last week. This week will belong to Cruz, Bennet and the running game. Barden is likely to be the # 3 receiver with Nicks out. Hixon should be the # 2.

Toadofsteel
09-29-2012, 11:45 AM
Barden is likely to be the # 3 receiver with Nicks out. Hixon should be the # 2.

If anything I see us having an offense more like the old Pats style prior to Gronk and Hernandez,,, use a powerful slot receiver to draw double coverage and a large outside deep threat to hit the deep balls. Barden is no Randy Moss, but Cruz can really work it like Welker...

jomo
09-29-2012, 12:18 PM
It's really up to the eagles. If they choose to take Cruz out of the game then Hixon and Barden will make many catches. Eli will figure that out quickly.

SackingMyths
09-29-2012, 01:15 PM
They've shut down tight ends as well (129 yards/no touchdowns), so Bennett's success is not a given.

Fair point about their TE defensive stats but IMO that number is skewed by who they've faced thus far:

ARI--Heap, Housler
CLE--Watson, Cameron
BALT--Pitta, ****son (for what it's worth, Pitta just got shutout against CLE this past Thurs...)

I think that Marty's playing in a different stratosphere than those listed above. This will be their biggest test to see how justifiable that stat is.

I expect the B.U. to exploit their safeties and LBers early and often.

RoanokeFan
09-29-2012, 01:21 PM
It's really up to the eagles. If they choose to take Cruz out of the game then Hixon and Barden will make many catches. Eli will figure that out quickly.

You know, we simply talk about this stuff. Guys like Gilbride and Fewell actually have to draw up plans to cover all these contingencies.

I think the Eagles may think without Nicks on the field, they don't have to double up on Cruz or at least not as often. I see Air Eli having a pretty good outing.

RoanokeFan
09-29-2012, 01:23 PM
If anything I see us having an offense more like the old Pats style prior to Gronk and Hernandez,,, use a powerful slot receiver to draw double coverage and a large outside deep threat to hit the deep balls. Barden is no Randy Moss, but Cruz can really work it like Welker...

Cruz is very versatile and the best slot receiver we have.

giantsfan420
09-29-2012, 02:15 PM
Bardens performance vs Carolina likely has him starting along with Cruz. On the depth chart at the beginning of the year, Hixon was the 3. But he's missed the TB and Carolina games, while Barden had an outstanding dominant performance. I have tried looking for any comments made by the coaches as to who the 2 will be tmrw. It could go either way, Hixon or Barden. But seeing as how TC loves the "go by the hot hand" routine, I'd guess that it'd be Barden.

And either way, both Hixon and Barden will get a lot of looks. Hopefully Philly is ****y enough to believe they can just play Cruz 1v1. If they don't, Hixon or Barden will have some 1v1 they will need to capitalize on.

If anyone has any links to the coaches discussing who is the 2 for tmrw could u pls like pst them or pm me thx

rainierjef
09-29-2012, 04:47 PM
http://www.giants.com/team/depth-chart.html

tonyt830
09-29-2012, 05:14 PM
I think Barden will get his share of targets, he needs more reps to gain consistency of course. But I think Hixon and maybe Randle will get a fair share of reps as well. But I agree with other posters, Bennett could be the X factor in the pass game. If the pass game gets hot, especially Bennett, that bodes well for Bradshaw and Brown in the run game.

giantsfan420
09-29-2012, 05:20 PM
i think if we're gonna win the way i picture us winning (by a couple scores) then Randle is gonna have to have a huge day. I could easily see Randle catching that D sleeping for big play TD's. That'd be awesome if KG drew something up for him.

giantsfan420
09-29-2012, 05:22 PM
that depth chart is outdated bc some of it is incorrect

TextureDj
09-29-2012, 05:23 PM
http://www.giants.com/team/depth-chart.html

That chart cant be accurate though, it has Wilson and Scott ahead of Brown and we all know that is not the case.

rainierjef
09-29-2012, 05:26 PM
The depth goes as follows, Nicks #1 Hixon#2 Barden#3, that has been the way it was designed by the coaches. Hixon had a concussion set back, but now that he is Healthy and cleared to play, on two receiver sets it will be Cruz and Hixon, for three receiver sets Hixon and barden on the outside, Cruz probably in the slot.

i am talking about WR's nothing esle.

giantsfan420
09-29-2012, 09:09 PM
^^^don't listen to the above post its 100% incorrect...

Via. ROTOWORLD
SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
GIANTS at EAGLES
* Hakeem Nicks (knee) gave him problems after Thursday’s practice. He now has a bum left knee and a bum right foot. He won’t play against the Eagles, giving Ramses Barden another start.
* Ahmad Bradshaw (neck) is back and will start. Expect a hot-hand situation with Andre Brown.
* Domenik Hixon (concussion) will return as the No. 3 wideout.
* Jeremy Maclin (hip) will be a full go.

rainierjef
09-30-2012, 08:36 PM
^^^^ you wanna admit your wrong? or do you still want to argue that you're right?