PDA

View Full Version : Hakeem Nicks appreciation thread

bigjeep
09-28-2012, 02:52 PM
Hakeem Nicks is our best receiver on the team. Plays hurt gives 200%, if thats possible, and is true blue inside and out. My hats off to him and I raise a glass of beer in his honor. Every team in the league would love to be blessed with players like him! Injuries are part of the game as we all know! Sign him up to a lifetime contract, guy is 24K gold!

Eli2Shockey4aTD
09-28-2012, 02:56 PM
After I got my Nicks jersey at the end of 2011and wore it every game throught he Super Bow the Giants never lost. Opening day of 2012 wore Pierre-Paul, oops lol

Nicks is my boy

GentleGiant
09-28-2012, 02:59 PM
After that hail mary against the pack......... I was sold. He's not better than megaton or Fitzgerald OR Andre, but he's just AS good.

bigjeep
09-28-2012, 03:02 PM
After that hail mary against the pack......... I was sold. He's not better than megaton or Fitzgerald OR Andre, but he's just AS good.

He's better because he's on our team!

titwio
09-28-2012, 03:05 PM
Nicks already gets enough appreciation from me.

With that said...I'd really appreciate the swelling on his knee going down and him playing Sunday night.

bigjeep
09-28-2012, 03:06 PM
Nicks already gets enough appreciation from me.

With that said...I'd really appreciate the swelling on his knee going down and him playing Sunday night.

Its a long season!

Giantz4Life
09-28-2012, 03:08 PM
He's not better than megaton or Fitzgerald OR Andre, but he's just AS good.

I think you could argue at this point in Andre Johnson's career that Nicks is better. When Nicks is as healthy as he can be he is damn near unstoppable, and I haven't seen Andre Johnson dominate a CB like Nicks did versus Talib in a while. Don't get me wrong, Andre is of the greatest WRs in the past decade, but I would take Nicks over him at this point.

Moke
09-28-2012, 03:10 PM
Supposedly he sucks according to the board.

Buddy333
09-28-2012, 03:13 PM
No one think he sucks. People are frustrated that he won't play. You know why? It's because they know how good he is and not having him hurts.

Marvelousmik
09-28-2012, 03:15 PM
I think you could argue at this point in Andre Johnson's career that Nicks is better. When Nicks is as healthy as he can be he is damn near unstoppable, and I haven't seen Andre Johnson dominate a CB like Nicks did versus Talib in a while. Don't get me wrong, Andre is of the greatest WRs in the past decade, but I would take Nicks over him at this point.

If eli was throwing the ball to Andre johnson in this offensive system, i think you would have a different opinion.

Nonetheless Nicks has my respect

RoanokeFan
09-28-2012, 03:17 PM
You need to hurry up with this cause Nick's retirement has already been mentioned

Fharcyde
09-28-2012, 03:45 PM
A lot of Victor Cruz's success has to be credited toward the extra attention Nicks gets by the opposing defense. Eli will still get Cruz the ball without Nicks on the field because he's that good, but you can't go out there and double cover each of these guys every play. Hakeem Nicks is an important part of this offense and last week we were fortunate enough to face a weak secondary and really get the receivers on point with Eli for an important division game against the Eagles.

Bing Crosby
09-28-2012, 03:53 PM
Umm... sign? Yeah Hakeem is awesome... is... is this news to people...?

bigjeep
09-28-2012, 04:13 PM
Umm... sign? Yeah Hakeem is awesome... is... is this news to people...?

Bing Crosby, you must be really old -- -- Like me!

Giantz4Life
09-28-2012, 06:26 PM
If eli was throwing the ball to Andre johnson in this offensive system, i think you would have a different opinion.

Nonetheless Nicks has my respect

That's completely hypothetical, and therefore, no.

GentleGiant
09-28-2012, 07:23 PM

I know. I'm more basing this off of the season SO FAR. So far I think they're even. But you're right, Nicks does have more upside than Andre. I just wish he'd be healthy more.

GentleGiant
09-28-2012, 07:24 PM
He's better because he's on our team!

Yeah Eli is a way better QB than Kevin Kolb, Matt Stafford, and Matt Schaub.

Giantz4Life
09-28-2012, 07:28 PM
I know. I'm more basing this off of the season SO FAR. So far I think they're even. But you're right, Nicks does have more upside than Andre. I just wish he'd be healthy more.

Andre Johnson is a notorious injury guy. He's missed 12 games the past 2 seasons. I know Nicks has missed a couple here and there but not close to that.

EnragedYouth85
09-28-2012, 07:29 PM
Nicks is the man, runs great routes, never gives up and gives 200%.

drewz
09-28-2012, 08:30 PM
He's a top 5 receiver when healthy, but I appreciate Hakeem Nicks for the good head on his shoulders. He never draws attention to himself and when you hear the other receivers speak to him, you always hear them refer to him as a leader. The injuries are fustrating, but who are you taking over him? Darius Heyword-Bey, Michael Crabtree, Kenny Britt? LOL

Captain Chaos
09-28-2012, 09:03 PM
Wow, thought this was a threadbout apreciation for nicks....

RagTime Blue
09-28-2012, 09:39 PM
It's unfortunate that people think he's CHOOSING to not play this week. He's doing his best to get back on the field, I have no doubt.

Antwuan
09-28-2012, 10:08 PM
I love Hakeem Nicks I have been a fan of his since the time when he was drafted. I remember in February/March of 2009 I was saying that I wanted the Giants to draft Hakeem Nicks and it happened and im happy about that, he is a great player.

giantsfan420
09-28-2012, 10:35 PM
i actually do believe the case could be made that nicks is the best wr in the nfl. when u talk about the top 5, ur talking about calvin johnson, larry fitzgerald, andrew johnson,a.j. green, etc...what do those guys have in common that nicks doesn't? those guys are like 6'4 and 240. their bodies help create seperation nearly as much as their route running. Nicks is 6 ft, maybe 6'1. He isn't nearly as physically dominating, yet he produces every bit as much as those other guys. Yea, Fitz hasnt had a great qb throwing to him, but u can't sneeze at Stafford, Shaub, Dalton, etc...

I personally believe Calvin Johnson is top dog, but in terms of pure talent and skill, the argument could be made for Nicks, at least imo. sure hate missing him for any time. but he has missed 6 games in 3 yrs iirc, nothing too serious or worrying

Marvelousmik
09-28-2012, 10:47 PM
That's completely hypothetical, and therefore, no.

nevermind

Marvelousmik
09-28-2012, 10:53 PM
]i actually do believe the case could be made that nicks is the best wr in the nfl.

When i read your earlier post that nicks was just as fast and just as quick as cruz, i thought to myself, eh.. maybe he truly believes it.

but this one takes the cake. Don't get me wrong, i love nicks but after reading this i can tell you're a huge homer. Nothing wrong with that though. its all love

giantsfan420
09-28-2012, 11:03 PM
i dont think u understand the comment. i dont believe the statement nicks is the best to be true. i do believe tho that the argument could be made and it not be comical...nicks is WAY more comparable to Johnson then people realize. 15.1 ypc avg to like 16, 74 yds a game to 79 for Johnson. the nicks doubtful thread, check the last page, the guy posts the stats...

and i never said nicks was as quick as cruz, i said as fast. theres a big difference. i believe that is true too by my own eye test when watchin em run away from defenses. quickness, cruz may be the tops in the nfl.

Marvelousmik
09-28-2012, 11:11 PM
i dont think u understand the comment. i dont believe the statement nicks is the best to be true. i do believe tho that the argument could be made and it not be comical...nicks is WAY more comparable to Johnson then people realize. 15.1 ypc avg to like 16, 74 yds a game to 79 for Johnson. the nicks doubtful thread, check the last page, the guy posts the stats...

i gotcha. But Im just curious. This is a little off topic from the thread but In your honest opinion where do you think nicks would rank in the top 10 receivers in the NFL and do you think he is better than roddy white?

giantsfan420
09-28-2012, 11:41 PM
well, let me preface this by saying I dont watch other wr's nearly as much as nicks. and in regards to your question, i will answer it in the top 10 based on prior play and expectations, meaning I'm not gonna put Michael Floyd on the list even tho I believe he COULD be a top 10 wr.

c.johnson
larry fitz
andre johnson (i sat here for a min debating whether I should rank this high bc 12 games missed past 2 years and is 30 IIRC, but if I put Nicks here I have to follow that with Cruz, which made me lean to doing it this way)
nicks
cruz
mike wallace
roddy white
aj green
dwayne bowe
dez bryant

that said, i'm sure i left off some one that I would want to add and that I made this list in 5 minutes. not exactly my best work or clearest thinking

Giantz4Life
09-29-2012, 12:39 AM
nevermind

Why because I'm supposed to think Andre Johnson would be more productive than Nicks in our system?

Marvelousmik
09-29-2012, 12:47 AM
well, let me preface this by saying I dont watch other wr's nearly as much as nicks. and in regards to your question, i will answer it in the top 10 based on prior play and expectations, meaning I'm not gonna put Michael Floyd on the list even tho I believe he COULD be a top 10 wr.

c.johnson
larry fitz
andre johnson (i sat here for a min debating whether I should rank this high bc 12 games missed past 2 years and is 30 IIRC, but if I put Nicks here I have to follow that with Cruz, which made me lean to doing it this way)
nicks
cruz
mike wallace
roddy white
aj green
dwayne bowe
dez bryant

that said, i'm sure i left off some one that I would want to add and that I made this list in 5 minutes. not exactly my best work or clearest thinking

My bad on the late reply, i just went for a quick jog.

What do you think about this

c.johnson
larry fitz
andre johnson
aj green
cruz
roddy white
nicks
mike wallace
torey smith
greg jennings

Marvelousmik
09-29-2012, 12:50 AM
Why because I'm supposed to think Andre Johnson would be more productive than Nicks in our system?

Hes already more productive than nicks, in the texans system. last year he was off to another good start until he got injured. the year before he had 1200 yards 86 catches and 8 touchdowns. if he played for us i think his numbers would raise even higher but thats an opinion. I only said never mind because i dont want to sound like i am down playing nicks when i really like the guy.

giantsfan420
09-29-2012, 01:09 AM
def legit marv. i just am not a big fan of greg jennings, and while i believe torrey smith is gonna be a beast and capable of that place on ur list, its just a bit early. he passes the eye test for sure tho. but yeah, could see where ur coming from and its a respectable top 10 wr list

Diamondring
09-29-2012, 02:35 AM
After that hail mary against the pack......... I was sold. He's not better than megaton or Fitzgerald OR Andre, but he's just AS good.Nicks is the type who can go style offense or power offense by shielding defenders or make a move to fake some defenders. With those attributes, Nicks should be able to get about 1,300 average per year with Cruz on the other side.