PDA

View Full Version : Breakout game; Take 2

giantsfan420
09-28-2012, 04:06 PM
Last year, Cruz stepped up big time and helped us beat Philly @ Philly.

Losing Nicks for this game hurts, but it isnt something we can't overcome. The D still has to do its part. On offense, of course we will miss Nicks. But, I believe that the opportunity for a break out game is there. Randle, Barden, and JJ won't have much tape on their previous play bc they haven't reallye ver play that much (aside from Barden last week).

I personally believe Randle can have a breakout game ala Cruz last year. He's been quiet, but from everything I've read, he has an understanding of the offense. He is similar to Nicks in on field play. So, with Cruz getting double covered, Barden and Randle will have legit chances at big plays.
Another candidate is Bennett. Although, it certainly wouldn't surprise me if he had a big game.

Look, the bottom line is we have Eli. We all know how awesome he is (most of us at least). I have faith that he can get Barden/Randle/JJ and even Hixon playing near the level of Nicks. Still have us winning this one.

Side note, we are 6-0 w/o Nicks fwiw

You guys think we got a guy on the roster who can have a Cruz like break out performance vs Philly last year this Sunday night?

Mercury
09-28-2012, 04:22 PM
We are now 7-0 without Nicks. Just saying.

rtr1105
09-28-2012, 04:26 PM
Going with defense: Adewale Ojomo and WIll Hill. Ojomo was good in the preseason and he's healthy now. The pass rush needs some help too. JPP is the only one contributing. Tuck improved a bit against Carolina but Osi has done nothing. Hill was a top recruit out of high school and was good college. The main thing that was limiting him was his behavioral issues. But we'll see in 48 hours.

Fharcyde
09-28-2012, 04:39 PM
We're thin at receiver and in the secondary so it'd be nice to see some sparks out of our backups. This could be the game Randle breaks out after Philly picks up on how Barden was utilized last week. Will Hill is an intriguing prospect too. I've read Stevie Brown would take Rolle's snaps if he can't play though.

giantsfan420
09-28-2012, 05:47 PM
heck, JJ could even have a breakout game. I'm hoping its Barden tho bc that would mean he made good on his snaps. If Barden doesnt come thru, we're gonna hve to go down the depth chard untl we found a threat vs phillys secondrary.

barden had the interest raiser, similar to cruz's preseason. now we need the actual break out, multi td game

RoanokeFan
09-28-2012, 05:49 PM
Last year, Cruz stepped up big time and helped us beat Philly @ Philly.

Losing Nicks for this game hurts, but it isnt something we can't overcome. The D still has to do its part. On offense, of course we will miss Nicks. But, I believe that the opportunity for a break out game is there. Randle, Barden, and JJ won't have much tape on their previous play bc they haven't reallye ver play that much (aside from Barden last week).

I personally believe Randle can have a breakout game ala Cruz last year. He's been quiet, but from everything I've read, he has an understanding of the offense. He is similar to Nicks in on field play. So, with Cruz getting double covered, Barden and Randle will have legit chances at big plays.
Another candidate is Bennett. Although, it certainly wouldn't surprise me if he had a big game.

Look, the bottom line is we have Eli. We all know how awesome he is (most of us at least). I have faith that he can get Barden/Randle/JJ and even Hixon playing near the level of Nicks. Still have us winning this one.

Side note, we are 6-0 w/o Nicks fwiw

You guys think we got a guy on the roster who can have a Cruz like break out performance vs Philly last year this Sunday night?

Did we trade Hixon?

BigBlue1971
09-28-2012, 06:10 PM
it will be difficult for anyone to match Cruzs performance against the egirls from last year! thats why with Nicks out they will double Cruz much of the time on Sunday!

that said i think Barden will continue his emergence maybe not as much as last week but a good game nonetheless!

Randle has a good chance of breaking out or at least show some potential. he could be the surprise weapon in this game!

if Hixon is healthy then Randles time will suffer. Hixon is a cagey veteran who could show up with 65 yards and 2 tds!

Eli has plenty of weapons.....he just needs to see whos hot on Sunday nite!

RoanokeFan
09-28-2012, 06:11 PM
it will be difficult for anyone to match Cruzs performance against the egirls from last year! thats why with Nicks out they will double Cruz much of the time on Sunday!

that said i think Barden will continue his emergence maybe not as much as last week but a good game nonetheless!

Randle has a good chance of breaking out or at least show some potential. he could be the surprise weapon in this game!

if Hixon is healthy then Randles time will suffer. Hixon is a cagey veteran who could show up with 65 yards and 2 tds!

Eli has plenty of weapons.....he just needs to see whos hot on Sunday nite!

Hixon has been practicing

jerseytom
09-28-2012, 06:13 PM
I spoke earlier about someone who might breakout this sun nite,Thinking more about it I'm hoping maybe a shutdown performance by maybe W Hill or the Prince,A defensive break out game would suit me just fine,Maybe Ojomo steps up.Who knows with this Giants team? All I know is someone is always ready to step in and shine so whoever it is I can't wait to talk about it mon morn.Go Giants.Great post gfan

BigBlue1971
09-28-2012, 06:20 PM
Hixon has been practicing

thats good for us! if he can play he'll contribute either on special teams or receiving or maybe even both!

giantsfan420
09-28-2012, 06:24 PM
i dont know if i believe hixon is capable of taking the game over. sure he will prob give us 2-3 solid receptions.

I'm moreso talking about a performance that Philly doesnt really have an answer for. Granted last year Cruz had only 3 catches IIRC in his breakout game but they were huge play TD's. If Hixon can give us that I am all for it. I just dont know if he can.
I'd believe Barden or Randle would be more capable of it. Especially Randle really. I think he has big time game ala Nicks. We haven't asked much from him at all. I could see Barden having a tough day vs Namdi/DRC. That could mean we need to capitalize on Randle if we get favorable matchups. Randle also historically has been a solid deep threat at LSU, and he has deceptive speed and can get behind defenses. he can run all the routes...Randle, we need ya bud. Need everyone but itd make it much easier if someone can give us a couple quick strike big time scores or plays

RoanokeFan
09-28-2012, 07:33 PM
i dont know if i believe hixon is capable of taking the game over. sure he will prob give us 2-3 solid receptions.

I'm moreso talking about a performance that Philly doesnt really have an answer for. Granted last year Cruz had only 3 catches IIRC in his breakout game but they were huge play TD's. If Hixon can give us that I am all for it. I just dont know if he can.
I'd believe Barden or Randle would be more capable of it. Especially Randle really. I think he has big time game ala Nicks. We haven't asked much from him at all. I could see Barden having a tough day vs Namdi/DRC. That could mean we need to capitalize on Randle if we get favorable matchups. Randle also historically has been a solid deep threat at LSU, and he has deceptive speed and can get behind defenses. he can run all the routes...Randle, we need ya bud. Need everyone but itd make it much easier if someone can give us a couple quick strike big time scores or plays

If Nicks doesn't play, we'll have Cruz, Hixon, and Barden

giantsfan420
09-28-2012, 07:41 PM
if nicks doesnt play, i bet we see as many snaps with randle as we do with hixon. and i believe it'll be cruz and barden starting.

RoanokeFan
09-28-2012, 07:48 PM
if nicks doesnt play, i bet we see as many snaps with randle as we do with hixon. and i believe it'll be cruz and barden starting.

We don't see a lot of 4 WR sets and playing the Eagles it's likely we won't see many on Sunday. Like it or not, Hixon is the established # 3 until they say he isn't. He will likely move up to 2 for Nicks and Barden will move up to 3. Randle will get snaps as well as circumstances dictate.

Moke
09-28-2012, 07:49 PM
Randle against the Eagles? What team have you been watching?

RoanokeFan
09-28-2012, 07:55 PM
Randle against the Eagles? What team have you been watching?

Look what Randle did for us last year.....OH WAIT

I'm all for bringing along our younger players but I am also pretty sure the coaching staff knows who's ready for what and when. Hixon'g elevation to the # 3 slot wasn't met with too much appreciation here but until someone else is deemed ready to take it over, that's who it is.

Moke
09-28-2012, 07:57 PM
Look what Randle did for us last year.....OH WAIT

I'm all for bringing along our younger players but I am also pretty sure the coaching staff knows who's ready for what and when. Hixon'g elevation to the # 3 slot wasn't met with too much appreciation here but until someone else is deemed ready to take it over, that's who it is.

Yep, exactly. Hixon could step up against the Eagles, especially since we could use a little more speed.

It sucks, but Randle can't be that prepared to play against the Eagles. This is an important game, and utilizing Hixon is much rewardable than Randle.

RoanokeFan
09-28-2012, 08:01 PM
Yep, exactly. Hixon could step up against the Eagles, especially since we could use a little more speed.

It sucks, but Randle can't be that prepared to play against the Eagles. This is an important game, and utilizing Hixon is much rewardable than Randle.

It's certainly the way to build the game plan. These Eagles are not going to want to lose this game and get behind us in the count. I expect them to fight tooth and nail and we have to have as many seasoned play makers on the field as we can.

giantsfan420
09-28-2012, 08:16 PM
oh i have no prob with hixon i like him. he's good depth. but vs philly, they have a very fast defense, things are gonna be chaotic. We will need hixon hopefully he can help us move the chains.
i just dont know (and this is just my take on it) how dangerous he can be vs Philly's secondary. I like the idea of Randle and Barden bc they do have some size to fight for their spot when going to make the catch, and I also believe Randle could catch em slipping.

As far as the whole what did randle do last year commnet, i dont quite follow. he was in college. and further, what did hixon do last yr vs philly? dont see how last yr factors into this one all that much. Its just my personal opinion that we will need either Barden or Randle to have a big day. hopefully both. And I also believe Randle will get some serious playing time Sunday night. Hixon may start as the 3, but I expect it to be Cruz/Barden/Randle before long.

but whoever can get it done, i could care less, just get it done.

RoanokeFan
09-28-2012, 08:21 PM
oh i have no prob with hixon i like him. he's good depth. but vs philly, they have a very fast defense, things are gonna be chaotic. We will need hixon hopefully he can help us move the chains.
i just dont know (and this is just my take on it) how dangerous he can be vs Philly's secondary. I like the idea of Randle and Barden bc they do have some size to fight for their spot when going to make the catch, and I also believe Randle could catch em slipping.

As far as the whole what did randle do last year commnet, i dont quite follow. he was in college. and further, what did hixon do last yr vs philly? dont see how last yr factors into this one all that much. Its just my personal opinion that we will need either Barden or Randle to have a big day. hopefully both. And I also believe Randle will get some serious playing time Sunday night. Hixon may start as the 3, but I expect it to be Cruz/Barden/Randle before long.

but whoever can get it done, i could care less, just get it done.

Hixon isn't "depth" he's the # 3 receiver until they say he isn't

giantsfan420
09-28-2012, 08:44 PM
i consider him depth as I'm sure the Giants do. thats not a bad term or something. he's historically been a depth player and produced as one...wouldnt even surprise me if it was randle starting as the 3, even JJ. they just provide more of a matchup issue at least imo. plus hixon is coming off missing time too. hixon def wasnt some locked in no matter what starting wr...he was fighting for a roster spot wth the rest of em. again tho, all this is just my take on it. i know ur a big hixon guy and thats fine. i do like hixon. again, i just dont know what part of his game, at this point, really threatens a defense...

giantsfan420
09-28-2012, 08:46 PM
if I had to define Hixon's stay with us for his career, i think good depth would be the most accurate statement made. he makes his mark moreso on ST's. I hope he has a huge day, I just dont see it unless its like a 9 catch 80 yd day where he kills em slowly by moving the chains, which would be fine by me.

miked1958
09-28-2012, 08:54 PM
Going with defense: Adewale Ojomo and WIll Hill. Ojomo was good in the preseason and he's healthy now. The pass rush needs some help too. JPP is the only one contributing. Tuck improved a bit against Carolina but Osi has done nothing. Hill was a top recruit out of high school and was good college. The main thing that was limiting him was his behavioral issues. But we'll see in 48 hours.Osi had a nice sack on Cam