PDA

View Full Version : Bennett on Romo vs Eli

EliDaMANning
09-28-2012, 03:23 PM
http://tracking.si.com/2012/09/28/new-york-giants-martellus-bennett-critical-of-dallas-cowboys-tony-romo-nfl/According to a spy, Bennett was saying, “Romo isn’t in the same league as Eli Manning. Not even close.”

Mercury
09-28-2012, 03:26 PM
Not only are they in the same league, but the same division.

Moke
09-28-2012, 03:28 PM
Not only are they in the same league, but the same division.

HAHA. Bennett is wrong on so many levels right now!

Gmen2005
09-28-2012, 03:31 PM
I love this team.

spair
09-28-2012, 03:34 PM
http://tracking.si.com/2012/09/28/new-york-giants-martellus-bennett-critical-of-dallas-cowboys-tony-romo-nfl/According to a spy, Bennett was saying, “Romo isn’t in the same league as Eli Manning. Not even close.”

I'm really liking this Black Unicorn guy!

pj18
09-28-2012, 03:57 PM
http://tracking.si.com/2012/09/28/new-york-giants-martellus-bennett-critical-of-dallas-cowboys-tony-romo-nfl/ I think that's the direct link.

giantsfan420
09-28-2012, 04:10 PM
this is news to anyone?

seriously, think about how romo targeted witten 150x a season, and bennett like 20x lmao. Honestly, for years now I've always wondered why their offense practically runs through Witten. I'd understand it if the Cowboys didnt have Owens and then Dez n Miles. But they have had those targets. I know a TE is a young QB's best friend. Maybe Romo's development has been hindered somewhat by having Witten? I know that both Romo n Witten have had individual success, but I dont get why they haven't had team success, and why they can look so terrible so often.

And this isn't the first player to comment about Romo and how he favors Witten. Owens has also commented on it.

I dunno, its just an interesting topic. I for one, always marveled at the potential and talent Bennett had. I remember watching clips of him before the draft and I honestly was captivated by his athleticism. I thought he was a WR at first. For a TE, he really has amazing athleticism. Great jumping ability, is quick AND fast. he's just such an intriguing player, and I know Dallas didn't give him enough of a shot. I always believed that. Now with Witten, no one ever found fault with that. But now that Witten is looking pretty average, and Bennett is looking like an All Pro in his first real opportunity with #1 TE targets, I think that whole history needs to be revisitied, and the misuse of Bennett by Dallas questioned.

Overdrive92
09-29-2012, 01:21 AM
Bennett also revealed that the sky is blue.

Captain Chaos
09-29-2012, 08:46 AM
His personallity was made for New York!

krygny
09-29-2012, 09:01 AM
Romo is a choker. He has completely underachieved with the talent around him.

While Eli has overachieved. He makes everybody around him better. He's money. He's a winner.

How many years have we been hearing about all the talent on the Dallas Cowboys? How many times do we have to hear predictions of the Cowboys winning the division and going to the Super Bowl? At some point, you have to come to terms with the observed results.

moosedrool
09-29-2012, 10:34 AM
You think the Cowboys wish they would have kept Bennett now with 30 year old Witten dropping 6 passes already? Witten looks awful and not anything like the player he was.

Breezely
09-29-2012, 10:36 AM
I hate to be the kill joy here, but we would have to look at the context here. It could, very well, be true. But . . . .he's in a restaurant or bar. He could have been sincere but he could have been trying to impress. He could have been trying to be sarcastic. He could have been trying to create attention. Don't get me wrong, I believe that Eli is better than Romo but I am also a realist. Until he claim that statement, I will believe he was just trying to impress. Remember, he was a backup. So how many opportunities has he had to work with first teamers?

GentleGiant
09-29-2012, 11:01 AM
I love the giants. They talk trash. But unlike the jets, cowboys, panthers, ravens. They justify it.

nycisgreat
09-29-2012, 11:55 AM
This article is funny. Cowboy fans are just waiting for him to implode. When it doesn't happen, they will bring up the Eli luck thing again.

BuffyBlueII
09-29-2012, 12:47 PM
Bennett also revealed that the sky is blue.The sky is actually Carolina Blue because God is a Tar Heel. Just ask LT or Hakeem Nicks.

GiantRoc
09-29-2012, 12:53 PM
I love the giants. They talk trash. But unlike the jets, cowboys, panthers, ravens. They justify it.

I've never looked at the giants as trash talkers. Just the opposite IMO. I think was a couple guys out on the town and getting heard talking shop. I think it was more MB talking up Eli to the fans, than it was a Romo slam.