PDA

View Full Version : Does Nicks play? It's only Friday so who knows.. Why not list him as questionable?

NYG4lifeNYK
09-28-2012, 05:20 PM
I really hope Nicks plays.... he's one of my favorite players with an emphasis on favorite.

Honestly Nicks is my second favorite player behind Eli.

Something like Eli, Nicks, Osi, Webster, JPP, Cruz but that's besides the point.

This will be a CRUSHING blow to our team if Nicks can't go... he had two weeks off. I hope he plays and worst case rest him vs the Browns.
Without Nicks vs that secondary(they have a VERY good secondary don't be fooled) Eli's life is going to be that much harder as is Cruz'.

Why not list him as questiobale? Why give Philly a break by leaning that he's not playing?

jerseytom
09-28-2012, 06:29 PM
At least send him out as a decoy they have to honer that,if they don't light em up.

EnragedYouth85
09-28-2012, 06:40 PM
Maybe they are learning that he will not play, only to play him and try to catch the Eagles off gaurd? I don't know.. maybe he strained his knee while trying to come back from his ankle..

NYG4lifeNYK
09-28-2012, 07:45 PM
Maybe they are learning that he will not play, only to play him and try to catch the Eagles off gaurd? I don't know.. maybe he strained his knee while trying to come back from his ankle..

SO frustrating :(

Moke
09-28-2012, 07:46 PM
I say Chad Johnson has more of a chance of playing this weekend than Nicks does.

EnragedYouth85
09-28-2012, 07:56 PM
SO frustrating :(

Yup very frustrating to have our best WR in years out for a huge game like this!

NYG4lifeNYK
09-28-2012, 08:01 PM
Yup very frustrating to have our best WR in years out for a huge game like this!

Was looking forward to a MONSTER season from Nicks.... he can't shake this injury bug every damn season.

We desperately need him for this game...... we can still win it will just be THAT much more difficult.

Cruz is going to be doubled the ENTIRE game :(

EnragedYouth85
09-28-2012, 08:13 PM
Was looking forward to a MONSTER season from Nicks.... he can't shake this injury bug every damn season.

We desperately need him for this game...... we can still win it will just be THAT much more difficult.

Cruz is going to be doubled the ENTIRE game :(

Well if they double Cruz all game, then Barden and Bennett will destroy them. No way they can put two on Cruz all game. He will get his 1 on 1 up the sideline at some point and expect Eli to take his shots. I think we will be fine..

NYG4lifeNYK
09-28-2012, 08:51 PM
Well if they double Cruz all game, then Barden and Bennett will destroy them. No way they can put two on Cruz all game. He will get his 1 on 1 up the sideline at some point and expect Eli to take his shots. I think we will be fine..

They double Nicks all the time, they can absolutely double Cruz and they will. Carolina doubled Cruz all game.

Barden had a fantastic game but he saw zero attention. he had a few catches where he made a nice move though, he played great. Having DRC on him would worry me... he's stepped up this season.

EnragedYouth85
09-28-2012, 08:54 PM
They double Nicks all the time, they can absolutely double Cruz and they will. Carolina doubled Cruz all game.

Barden had a fantastic game but he saw zero attention. he had a few catches where he made a nice move though, he played great. Having DRC on him would worry me... he's stepped up this season.

Well all I can say is we will see what Gilbride and Eli can do for us without Nicks if he doesn't play. I feel confident that Eli makes the WR's around him better so I think Cruz, Barden, Hixon and Randle will step up.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-28-2012, 09:01 PM
Well all I can say is we will see what Gilbride and Eli can do for us without Nicks if he doesn't play. I feel confident that Eli makes the WR's around him better so I think Cruz, Barden, Hixon and Randle will step up.
Eli does this better than any QB in the league.

That being said I'm still not comfortable with that match up.

Time to let Randle get more than his feet wet when we go 3 wide.

Is Hixon playing?

EnragedYouth85
09-28-2012, 09:10 PM
Eli does this better than any QB in the league.

That being said I'm still not comfortable with that match up.

Time to let Randle get more than his feet wet when we go 3 wide.

Is Hixon playing?

The report doesnt say he's not playing, so if he's playing I would assume he'd be #2, with Barden #3..

Here's some info from http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/WR-Hakeem-Nicks-listed-as-doubtful/6996c392-e73b-4dc4-8450-3f303214ed96

**Antrel Rolle could be in, but Hakeem Nicks is likely out of the Giantsí game against the Philadelphia Eagles Sunday night.

***Also listed as probable are running back Ahmad Bradshaw (neck), wide receiver Domenik Hixon (concussion) and defensive end Adewale Ojomo.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-28-2012, 09:52 PM
The report doesnt say he's not playing, so if he's playing I would assume he'd be #2, with Barden #3..

Here's some info from http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/WR-Hakeem-Nicks-listed-as-doubtful/6996c392-e73b-4dc4-8450-3f303214ed96

**Antrel Rolle could be in, but Hakeem Nicks is likely out of the Giants’ game against the Philadelphia Eagles Sunday night.

***Also listed as probable are running back Ahmad Bradshaw (neck), wide receiver Domenik Hixon (concussion) and defensive end Adewale Ojomo.
Why Nicks whyyyy :(

Say it ain't so!

Mod_C
09-28-2012, 09:55 PM
I really hope Nicks plays.... he's one of my favorite players with an emphasis on favorite.

Honestly Nicks is my second favorite player behind Eli.

Something like Eli, Nicks, Osi, Webster, JPP, Cruz but that's besides the point.

This will be a CRUSHING blow to our team if Nicks can't go... he had two weeks off. I hope he plays and worst case rest him vs the Browns.
Without Nicks vs that secondary(they have a VERY good secondary don't be fooled) Eli's life is going to be that much harder as is Cruz'.

Why not list him as questiobale? Why give Philly a break by leaning that he's not playing?

He's listed as doubtful.

Captain Chaos
09-28-2012, 09:56 PM
It is what it is, would rather Nicks sit out then injure himself further, we will need him in the second half, we play some real challenging teams!

EnragedYouth85
09-28-2012, 09:59 PM
Why Nicks whyyyy :(

Say it ain't so!

lol, it will be okay! Just blame Gilbride, he seems like a good scapegoat..

Moke
09-28-2012, 10:03 PM
lol, it will be okay! Just blame Gilbride, he seems like a good scapegoat..

Not this year.

EnragedYouth85
09-28-2012, 10:05 PM
Not this year.

Who would you say our annual scapegoat is this year? Fewell?

Moke
09-28-2012, 10:10 PM

No one right now to be honest. I like the way our team has been playing a lot. Fewell can't be the scapegoat. With the amount of injuries we have, I like the way we've been handling it.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-28-2012, 10:11 PM
He's listed as doubtful.
I know which likely means he's doubtful to play and he's OUT Sunday.

I just don't why you list him as doubtful instead of questionable. Why let Philly know 2 days before?

I hope tomorrow it comes out he's playing or going to give it a go and we **** with Philly lol

Eliscruzzz
09-28-2012, 10:12 PM
Randle has a big game this time he's been learning the offense I think the Giants unleash him Sunday Night. Bennett wil be huge and Hixon. Cruz is probably going to be locked down the whole game which sux, but I wouldn't count out Cruz going off either.

EnragedYouth85
09-28-2012, 10:13 PM
No one right now to be honest. I like the way our team has been playing a lot. Fewell can't be the scapegoat. With the amount of injuries we have, I like the way we've been handling it.

I agree with you, this team has played well after the first 6 quarters of football. If we keep this good play and momentium going, we should be set!

Buddy333
09-29-2012, 12:14 AM
No way he plays. It's only the 4th game of the season and they know all to well that there is a lot of football left even after this game.

Overdrive92
09-29-2012, 02:19 AM

The training staff will be our scapegoat.

Although I'm sure people will start calling for Coughlin's head again sometime in the next few weeks. It's about that time of the year on the calendar.

Fharcyde
09-29-2012, 02:22 AM
Considering it's a late game I think it's a game-time decision.

RoanokeFan
09-29-2012, 07:27 AM
I know which likely means he's doubtful to play and he's OUT Sunday. I just don't why you list him as doubtful instead of questionable. Why let Philly know 2 days before? I hope tomorrow it comes out he's playing or going to give it a go and we **** with Philly lol It doesn't matter, he hasn't been able to practice. Oddly enough it gives them something else to think about; we haven't lost a game he's missed.

GMENAGAIN
09-29-2012, 07:49 AM
Considering it's a late game I think it's a game-time decision.

If he's listed as doubtful, he's not playing

RoanokeFan
09-29-2012, 09:19 AM
If he's listed as doubtful, he's not playing

That's probably true, but it's not definite unless they say he's out. That could happen today for all we know.