PDA

View Full Version : this is a must win

gmenfan0488
09-29-2012, 12:47 AM
If we lose this game, the division is out of reach, We have the toughest schedule in football and will not win the division, the best we can hope for is a wild card if we lose this game.

Moke
09-29-2012, 12:54 AM
0-2 is horrible to start the year off in the THIS division. Definitely should be a must win.

gmenfan0488
09-29-2012, 12:56 AM
it would suck to be 0-2 in this division, we'll beat dallas in dallas, sweep washington, and hopefully at least split with philly

BurnerNYG
09-29-2012, 01:00 AM
If we lose this game, the division is out of reach, We have the toughest schedule in football and will not win the division, the best we can hope for is a wild card if we lose this game.Man please! I saw the Jets start off 0-4 years ago and ended up going 12-4. Tough schedule? What do you think those other teams are thinking when they see the NY Giants on their schedule? We can lose Sunday and still go 4-2 in the division but we're not gonna lose so take a chill pill and relax.

giantsfan420
09-29-2012, 01:05 AM
dude, we play IN philly. going 0-1 vs Dallas isnt even a big deal at all considering we're 3-0 in dallas the last 3 yrs. if we can steal one in philly, great. by no means is tmrw a must win at all unless u consider every game a must win. calm down, i know its a big game and i def wanna win and will be pissed if we lose, but it would only be ONE loss, not 5 or something. Its about "holding serve" which means making sure u at least win the home division games. we did give 1 away, but again, that means nothing once we beat dallas in dallas.

giantsfan420
09-29-2012, 01:05 AM
id say this is a MUST win for philly way before it is for us

BurnerNYG
09-29-2012, 01:06 AM
it would suck to be 0-2 in this division, we'll beat dallas in dallas, sweep washington, and hopefully at least split with phillySome of you guys are crazy sleeping on Washington. We couldn't even beat em last year with Rex Grossman... I think we're gonna mess around and sweep Philly this year.

Rat_bastich
09-29-2012, 01:08 AM
Is it a must win? Probably not, but it would put us behind the curve and we don't want what happened last year to happen this year again. I would like for the good guys to actually secure a spot in the play offs rather early instead of going down to the wire.

gmenfan0488
09-29-2012, 01:14 AM
it'd be nice to win

ELI_HOF_NYG
09-29-2012, 01:42 AM
every game is a must win with the Giants schedule,,they can't afford to give any games away,,aka Cleavland,,,and we play in the toughest division in football which doesn't help. I have faith in the team, pedal to the metal is all I ask of them. If we get a lead, step on their throats,,no more of this ease it up stuff once we are up, it has bitten us too many times and this team is too good for anything else.

joeybagadonutz23
09-29-2012, 01:49 AM
Really??? A must win in week 3? Watch your estrogen intake bro, I think you're getting a bit too emotional.

Moke
09-29-2012, 01:57 AM
Really??? A must win in week 3? Watch your estrogen intake bro, I think you're getting a bit too emotional.

Okay, do you realize losing this game will make us 0-2 in the division already? It's not that difficult to bounce back in the division is it?

giantsfan420
09-29-2012, 02:01 AM
well, considering we play 6 div games, 3 away and 3 home, losing 1 to philly at philly doesnt hurt us as long as we beat them when we're home. dont know if u grasp that

Moke
09-29-2012, 02:02 AM
well, considering we play 6 div games, 3 away and 3 home, losing 1 to philly at philly doesnt hurt us as long as we beat them when we're home. dont know if u grasp that

Yep, that's a nice grasp, but let's get the win away and not have to worry so much about having to beat them later on. Isn't our last game against the Eagles?

I rather have a game over them right now

gmenfan0488
09-29-2012, 02:04 AM
no, if we lose here, we need to win the rest of our divisional games to make the playoffs

giantsfan420
09-29-2012, 02:05 AM
oh dont get me wrong. i want to win this 1000%. i agree im just saying the season isnt lost AT ALL if we lose. still pllenty of football and we would control how things played out

joeybagadonutz23
09-29-2012, 02:11 AM
Okay, do you realize losing this game will make us 0-2 in the division already? It's not that difficult to bounce back in the division is it?
Uhhh yeah I realize that. And I like the Giants with (with Beatty) over any team in our division. That loss to Dallas was a gift. Would I like to win? Sure. But we'll probably split with Philly and Dallas. I don't know what to make of the Redskins yet, but they got pounded last week by the Bengals. I'm watching that game now on rewind. Then I'm gonna watch Philly lose to Arizona. See how that sounds? 0-2 in this division right now wouldn't be the end of the world bro.

gmenfan0488
09-29-2012, 02:13 AM
if we go 0-2 in the divison, we need to win out in the division to make playoffs

giantsfan420
09-29-2012, 02:15 AM
philly went 5-1 in the div last year while we went 3-3...who won the division again?

BillTheGreek
09-29-2012, 03:05 AM
There is only 16 games and 3 are done........So every game is a must WIN! Go Giants!

miked1958
09-29-2012, 03:43 AM
philly went 5-1 in the div last year while we went 3-3...who won the division again?This.. However can't stomach having to face my friend s that are eagle fans if we lose. Dreading the ole, sure u won 2 SBs in five yrs but we own u conversation. I'm tired of it

miked1958
09-29-2012, 03:44 AM
Want to beat these guys like a drum for once

GCGiant
09-29-2012, 06:36 AM
This.. However can't stomach having to face my friend s that are eagle fans if we lose. Dreading the ole, sure u won 2 SBs in five yrs but we own u conversation. I'm tired of itIt is definitely NOT a must win...and let them (whoever) think they own us...we own the last Lombardi that was given. That trumps everything, IMO.

giantsfam04
09-29-2012, 06:45 AM
As much as I would like to disagree with the op, I cant. Going 0-2 in the division is not a good start, does not mean its over but does any body want to leave it up to the last game of the year against Philly if it comes down to it? I would not especially with the way the last two home games went against them. Yes it is only week 4 but this game can and most likely will have an effect on the playoffs.

Also, if it comes down to it, isn't the first head to head matchup the tie breaker?

RoanokeFan
09-29-2012, 06:49 AM
If we lose this game, the division is out of reach, We have the toughest schedule in football and will not win the division, the best we can hope for is a wild card if we lose this game.

It's way to early to say it puts the division out of reach. It certainly makes it harder but we've been there before.

bigjeep
09-29-2012, 07:23 AM

Every game is a must win, until you lose one!

Buddy333
09-29-2012, 07:25 AM
They where 3-3 in the division last year and won it.

RagTime Blue
09-29-2012, 07:27 AM
Man please! I saw the Jets start off 0-4 years ago and ended up going 12-4. Tough schedule? What do you think those other teams are thinking when they see the NY Giants on their schedule? We can lose Sunday and still go 4-2 in the division but we're not gonna lose so take a chill pill and relax.

Word.

It would still be very nice to win Tomorrow though.

RichardMc
09-29-2012, 07:35 AM
At 2-1 I don't think a week 4 game is a must win. But 0-2 in the division is a hill to climb.

GMan-67
09-29-2012, 07:47 AM
week 4, must win? ... maybe in chicken little land

Captain Chaos
09-29-2012, 07:48 AM
It certainly would help our case, less hurdles to climb in the end.....

RoanokeFan
09-29-2012, 08:17 AM
no, if we lose here, we need to win the rest of our divisional games to make the playoffs

You simply can't say that at this point in time

Ruttiger711
09-29-2012, 08:58 AM
If you lose and all chances are gone - the game's a must win.

Otherwise its just as important as all the rest - the biggest game of the year is the next one.

brad
09-29-2012, 09:16 AM
It seems like every week is a "must win"... while this is an important division game, winning or losing this game will not define the Giants season.

FBomb
09-29-2012, 09:59 AM
We had a 9-7 record last year and were .500 in our division. This fanbase has always had a short memory.

That being said....I will be extremely pissed off if we lose this game.

Diamondring
09-29-2012, 10:01 AM
You simply can't say that at this point in time

More likely he is making a prediction.

Moke
09-29-2012, 10:47 AM
Uhhh yeah I realize that. And I like the Giants with (with Beatty) over any team in our division. That loss to Dallas was a gift. Would I like to win? Sure. But we'll probably split with Philly and Dallas. I don't know what to make of the Redskins yet, but they got pounded last week by the Bengals. I'm watching that game now on rewind. Then I'm gonna watch Philly lose to Arizona. See how that sounds? 0-2 in this division right now wouldn't be the end of the world bro.

Nice assumption. Just as good as MY assumption. How would you know this? Sorry, I rather win now when things aren't looking so tight in the division as they will later on in the season.

RoanokeFan
09-29-2012, 11:04 AM
More likely he is making a prediction.

Well, his prediction sucks! :)

RoanokeFan
09-29-2012, 11:09 AM
Nice assumption. Just as good as MY assumption. How would you know this? Sorry, I rather win now when things aren't looking so tight in the division as they will later on in the season. That's right, but losing tomorrow, which we won't, isn't the end of the season.

byron
09-29-2012, 11:15 AM
We had a 9-7 record last year and were .500 in our division. This fanbase has always had a short memory.

That being said....I will be extremely pissed off if we lose this game. Same here man ! I want wins every Sunday !

byron
09-29-2012, 11:15 AM
That's right, but losing tomorrow, which we won't, isn't the end of the season. + 1 RF

Moke
09-29-2012, 11:18 AM
That's right, but losing tomorrow, which we won't, isn't the end of the season.I never said it was the end of the season. I rather win now than later on in the season.

joeybagadonutz23
09-29-2012, 11:21 AM
Nice assumption. Just as good as MY assumption. How would you know this? Sorry, I rather win now when things aren't looking so tight in the division as they will later on in the season.

Not as much of an assumption as it is a realistic view.

NorwoodBlue
09-29-2012, 11:28 AM
If we happen to lose that puts us at 2-2, and hardly in a position to miss the playoffs. So technically this is far from a must win. The divisional tiebreaker would only matter in a head to head situation with a team in our division at the end of the year. Chances of that coming into play are 50/50 or less probably. Overall record and conference record are far more important than a divisional game.

This game would set the tone for the division; in that, if the Giants win it convincingly, they are clearly the favorites to win the division. Dallas hasn't been very impressive the last two weeks, and Washington isn't going to ride a rookie QB very far. Once the league sees Griffin III, they'll make adjustments to shut him down. Griffin III is going to be a hell of a QB; but he's got a lot of learning ahead of him. So in that respect, this is an important game; but so is the Cleveland game and every game after that. You can't pick and choose which games to play well in. That has always been the Giants problem, they let down in games against teams with poor records. Last year if we'd have beaten Seattle at home and swept Washington, there'd have been no late season run to the playoffs, it would have been over early. So my point is that you win every game you can, and the record will assure you a playoff spot. If you pick games to play well in, you look past teams that you should beat. That's just one step forward and one step back.

RoanokeFan
09-29-2012, 11:34 AM
I never said it was the end of the season. I rather win now than later on in the season.

That was directed as those who have sad it, I was agreeing with you

Moke
09-29-2012, 12:14 PM
That was directed as those who have sad it, I was agreeing with youAh figured. Sorry for jumping the gun there.

RoanokeFan
09-29-2012, 12:18 PM
Ah figured. Sorry for jumping the gun there.

No problem, I confuse a lot of people lol

jomo
09-29-2012, 12:20 PM
Ah figured. Sorry for jumping the gun there.Will you two get on the same page? lol..........and by the way I believe I invented jumping the gun. It is one of my strengths.

Moke
09-29-2012, 12:32 PM
Will you two get on the same page? lol..........and by the way I believe I invented jumping the gun. It is one of my strengths.We're trying to get on the same page!

joemorrisforprez
09-29-2012, 01:07 PM

Worst case scenario is 2-2 with 4 more division games to play...not the end of the world.

But it's a big game....it will establish the early frontrunner for the division. Winner is effectively up 1& 1/2 games on the other team.

RoanokeFan
09-29-2012, 01:14 PM
Will you two get on the same page? lol..........and by the way I believe I invented jumping the gun. It is one of my strengths.

We're just following your lead (led) :rolleyes:

tonyt830
09-29-2012, 05:48 PM
All divisional games are important---after head to head vs a team, divisional record is the 2nd tie-breaker when deciding the division. That being said, its only week 4 and there would be enough time for the Giants to bounce back in the division should they lose tomorrow night.

Of course I hate Philly with a passion, and would love to see them spank their asses. I will be happy with just a win, and come out of the game healthy. Its time for the Giants to turn that streak of 7 out of 8 losses to the Eagles around.

CowboysSuck
09-29-2012, 06:38 PM
All divisional games are important---after head to head vs a team, divisional record is the 2nd tie-breaker when deciding the division. That being said, its only week 4 and there would be enough time for the Giants to bounce back in the division should they lose tomorrow night.

Of course I hate Philly with a passion, and would love to see them spank their asses. I will be happy with just a win, and come out of the game healthy. Its time for the Giants to turn that streak of 7 out of 8 losses to the Eagles around.

optimism not an option. Stop, before the "spanking of asses" even starts.

jomo
09-30-2012, 08:06 AM
We're just following your lead (led) :rolleyes:That's more pressure than I can handle on game day!

tonyt830
09-30-2012, 12:52 PM
optimism not an option. Stop, before the "spanking of asses" even starts.hah? I am trying to be realistic and optimistic. All is not over with should our Giants lose. And I am not getting too overconfident that the Giants will spank those asses. I said that I would love to see that , I did not guarantee it.