PDA

View Full Version : Hosley & Prince: Our Future CB Duo?

Overdrive92
09-29-2012, 02:25 AM
Well folks, let's be honest. Webster ain't getting any younger, and he'll be a free agent in a couple years.

And up to this point, I think Hosley has shown a lot of potential, while Prince is a 1st round pick with high expectations. So, is this our future CB duo, maybe even as soon as 2 years from now?

bbdynasty
09-29-2012, 02:26 AM
lol we still have thomas signed

Moke
09-29-2012, 02:26 AM
Ahh, good question. I like Hosley a lot so far and I think he can be apart of the duo. Prince though.... I'm still waiting. He hasn't struck me with any surprise yet, other than the playoffs last year.

Overdrive92
09-29-2012, 02:29 AM
lol we still have thomas signed

I think T2's days as a Giant are over, sadly. 3 ACL tears and the amount of money he's guaranteed next season, I think he's going to be cut. Unless he re-structures of course.

joeybagadonutz23
09-29-2012, 02:31 AM
I think/hope so. I've seen enough of Amakumara to know that he'll be a good one. He was hurt for most of last year so he's pretty much still a rookie in my book and he's playing well. As another poster mentioned, he was nails in the playoffs against the leagues top competition. It probably helped that Rodgers choked in the big playoff game big time, but Prince looked really good for a guy that had only played a handful of games to that point in his NFL career. I expect more of the same moving forward.

Hosely- steal of the draft. Not only do I think he'll be a starter, but a pro bowl starter at some point.

nycsportzfan
09-29-2012, 02:51 AM
I think the idea is that Prince and Hosley be at least a big part of the CB depth for awhile around here.. I mean, we did pick em in RD 1 and 3 respectively..lol I'd be shocked if these 2weren't part of the top 3 CB's on our team for the next 3-5yrs, i will certainly say that..

NWKEffectElement
09-29-2012, 02:52 AM
I'm hopefully that they will be. Truth is this should be an position targeted in the draft again.

CruzSoldier
09-29-2012, 02:54 AM
Thomas will never see that money......

gmenfan0488
09-29-2012, 03:15 AM
Very possible. I don't see Thomas being a Giant in the future after missing two straight seasons. Prince and Hosley have potential

Toadofsteel
09-29-2012, 09:05 AM
I see Prince and Hosley as our future starters. Though I still wouldn't mind us taking a CB early in the 2013 draft since it seems like we're always getting our CBs injured... That said, I still think we need to go OL early...

penguinfarmer
09-29-2012, 09:20 AM
I was always under the impression that they want Hosley as the nickelback which is a whole 'nother animal. Even in the games where he was designated a "starter", he was pushed in when they brought in another CB. The starter designation is moot anyway since they play a lot of nickel.

I still think it's early to be considering Webster's age decline [his FA, sure], but if I had to bet, I think they'd pursue another CB in the draft and keep Hosley where he has looked best, between the numbers. I think he's better freelancing in the middle opposed to the edge where he has a lot to work on in technique. Can't leave him in off man forever.

Captain Chaos
09-29-2012, 09:35 AM
I think that may be premature....

brad
09-29-2012, 10:21 AM
I think it is very likely that either Prince or Hosely is moved into the #2 spot next year... sadly T2 is most likely finished in NY. Of course, that could all change after free agency or the draft next year.

Toadofsteel
09-29-2012, 12:47 PM
I was always under the impression that they want Hosley as the nickelback which is a whole 'nother animal. Even in the games where he was designated a "starter", he was pushed in when they brought in another CB. The starter designation is moot anyway since they play a lot of nickel.

I still think it's early to be considering Webster's age decline [his FA, sure], but if I had to bet, I think they'd pursue another CB in the draft and keep Hosley where he has looked best, between the numbers. I think he's better freelancing in the middle opposed to the edge where he has a lot to work on in technique. Can't leave him in off man forever.

That is actually an interesting idea. Kind of like an Anti-Cruz...

EnragedYouth85
09-29-2012, 01:00 PM
Sadly T2's career as a Giant is over! His career in general might be over with all these knee problems..

jomo
09-29-2012, 01:04 PM
Yes they are our future and both will be fine.

GiantRoc
09-29-2012, 02:10 PM
I definitely think that will happen. I think Hosley goes to nickle because he is a good close cover guy. The slot guy is usually the quick hit, possession type receiver. I honestly see Hosley moving to #1 spot in the future though.

bearbryant
09-29-2012, 05:22 PM
Although that used to be the case... it isn't anymore. In fact the slot position requires a CB who can not only cover the quick mover but the deep threat, the tall lanky over the top type guy. Bottom line is that slot CB needs all the skills used as a CB and a Safety and a player that has aggression and thinks real quickly. I see Hosley being that type of player, however his agression would not preclude him from going up against guys like Moss, our own Ramses Barden and our old friend Plaxico. I think we stole Holsey![ QUOTE=GiantRoc;506990]I definitely think that will happen. I think Hosley goes to nickle because he is a good close cover guy. The slot guy is usually the quick hit, possession type receiver. I honestly see Hosley moving to #1 spot in the future though.[/QUOTE]

ShakeandBake
09-29-2012, 05:30 PM

Looks like you've changed your tune about Hosley from what you were saying last week in the Giants' chat room before the game. By the way I started Brown in fantasy, thanks for the advice!

penguinfarmer
09-29-2012, 05:33 PM
Looks like you've changed your tune about Hosley from what you were saying last week in the Giants' chat room before the game. By the way I started Brown in fantasy, thanks for the advice!

BS. I said Hosley wasn't a top 5 corner in his junior year nor a top 15 pick as you have stated. Way to have selective reading. Next?

ShakeandBake
09-29-2012, 05:34 PM
BS. I said Hosley wasn't a top 5 corner in his junior year nor a top 15 pick as you have stated. Way to have selective reading.

You were ****ting all over him and Brown, way to not man up in being completely wrong.

penguinfarmer
09-29-2012, 05:37 PM
You were ****ting all over him and Brown, way to not man up in being completely wrong.

Again you're wrong. I blatantly stated that I liked Hosley first and foremost, but that your assessment of him being a top 15 pick in this draft and a top 5 corner in the nation was off base. I still stand by that. Quit flipping what I said. First sign of cowardice.

penguinfarmer
09-29-2012, 05:39 PM
As for Brown, I said NOTHING of him as a player. I said that if you were in a position to draft Brown as your second running back in fantasy, you drafted poorly. Or did I curse his mother and kick his dog too?

ShakeandBake
09-29-2012, 05:40 PM
Again you're wrong. I blatantly stated that I liked Hosley first and foremost, but that your assessment of him being a top 15 pick in this draft and a top 5 corner in the nation was off base. I still stand by that. Quit flipping what I said. First sign of cowardice.

I never said he was a top 15 pick, I said he was a steal in the 3rd, talk about being a hypocrite. It's fine I just thought you actually had some sense of integrity and would admit being wrong, but it's clear you are just another asshat hiding being their anonymity.

penguinfarmer
09-29-2012, 05:44 PM
Did you not say he was a top 15 talent? Did you not say he was a top 5 corner his junior year with which I named 5 better corners that year from which you responded with some inane retort. By the way, he lead the nation in INTS his sophomore year, another err on your part. Not his junior year like you said. For someone talking about integrity, you pulled this petty thing from no where, and are lying about it.

tonyt830
09-29-2012, 05:54 PM
Well folks, let's be honest. Webster ain't getting any younger, and he'll be a free agent in a couple years.

And up to this point, I think Hosley has shown a lot of potential, while Prince is a 1st round pick with high expectations. So, is this our future CB duo, maybe even as soon as 2 years from now?I agree that Webster may be gone after his contract is up, especially if Prince and Hosley continue to develop and impress.

But I would not be surprised to see the Giants target a CB in the coming draft or FA since it seems that injuries seem to bite our CBs.

I think in 2 years, it is very possible that you will see Prince and Hosley starting at CB for our Giants.

ShakeandBake
09-29-2012, 05:59 PM
Did you not say he was a top 15 talent? Did you not say he was a top 5 corner his junior year with which I named 5 better corners that year from which you responded with some inane retort. By the way, he lead the nation in INTS his sophomore year, another err on your part. Not his junior year like you said. For someone talking about integrity, you pulled this petty thing from no where, and are lying about it.

No I didn't, you talk about my lack of reading comprehension, yet you can not read that I already stated that I said he wasn't a top 15 pick, but that he was a steal in the third. YOU named 5 people better than him his junior year and I said you were right, because he was not targeted much in his junior year, due to the respect he gained because of his performance in his sophmore year. You then scoffed at that, your reasoning being because of the conference that VT plays in.

Anyway, YOU are the one who lacks integrity and is blatantly lying, sorry I didn't think taking a little jab at you for being wrong would cause you to get your panties all in a bunch.

penguinfarmer
09-29-2012, 06:04 PM
Yawn. So I just walk around naming 5 players better than everyone else? It was a comment with which I responded to. Your first instigating comment is proof that you had no idea what I was talking about because I NEVER talked Hosley down, nor Brown. You also said last year wasn't his junior year, by then I had let it slide instead of getting into a childish I-told-you-so like you're doing it now. If being that dense helps you sleep at night, then by all means...

ShakeandBake
09-29-2012, 06:15 PM
Yawn. So I just walk around naming 5 players better than everyone else? It was a comment with which I responded to. Your first instigating comment is proof that you had no idea what I was talking about because I NEVER talked Hosley down, nor Brown. If being that dense helps you sleep at night, then by all means...

You named them in response to my saying that he was a steal in the third, to which I responded that you were right, but that was because of him not being targeted as a result of his performance the year before. You then scoffed at that by saying he played in a weak division. For someone that calls people dense and mocks their reading comprehension ability, you aren't that sharp since you are unable to follow this dialogue which isn't exactly complicated. It's really not surprising since arrogance and ignorance go hand in hand, so go on and continue to make yourself look like an idiot, you need no help from me.

penguinfarmer
09-29-2012, 06:23 PM
I'm trying to find the connection between naming 5 corners, one of which was not even in the past draft as a sophomore has any relevancy to him being drafted in the third? He was described as a top 5 corner in the nation in his junior year, and I responded with 5 better as per the request. I NEVER refuted his value as a third round pick, seeing that I started the entire conversation with "I like Hosley". If you want to dance around that, then go ahead.

giantsfan420
09-29-2012, 06:45 PM
fwiw, JR did say Hosely was a first round talent that fell bc of petty off field stuff like mm....

EnragedYouth85
09-29-2012, 06:46 PM
fwiw, JR did say Hosely was a first round talent that fell bc of petty off field stuff like mm....

Yes he did and if his hammy heals up well, he will be able to showcase it a little more!