PDA

View Full Version : Will Hilll - Hosley

dave56dj
09-29-2012, 08:02 PM
While Nicks being out is a big big hurt hopefully Barden can fill in well, but obviously he wont see the soft coverage he did in Carolina. Hixon should see plenty of time in the slot as well.

That said with the secondary banged up Hosley's injury may be even worse. Hosley quietly became the front runner as the nickel in pre-season and then quietly took over as the starter even with prince back (albeit banged up) and did a very solid job. The kid has been very impressive. That all brings me to will hill who was very good in the pre-season and saw some time at the nickel himself. There is a good chance he plays there this Sunday. Will be interesting to see if he can step up and play the spot - althoughj i suppose they could turn to tryon (who fans are hating more and more these days) or coe if healthy. Still I think hill has a shot.

Again injuries are a part of the game and this is absolutely not to say that the giants can't and won't win without hosley, just saying he is more important then people may think. That also said the emergence of young secondary players like hill will be a huge help to accelerate their progression.

As usual get home and hit the qb early and often.

Buddy333
09-29-2012, 08:11 PM
Well I like the idea of getting your best athletes out on the field and Hill is an extremely good athlete. I'd like them to find a way to get him involved for sure.

RoanokeFan
09-29-2012, 08:14 PM
This is Hill's chance to prove he belongs and I don't think we'll be disappointed.

dave56dj
09-29-2012, 08:19 PM
This is A chance. This is a rookie who plays safety and is learning the nickel. If he excels great but he is certainly being thrown to the wolves. Hope for some flashes of good play. The kid is physical and athletic as buddy33 said if he gets time in the nickel i would expect a blitz or two to get after Vick. Fewell loves to attack running qb's from the outside so all corners should be set free from time to time. Hill may be the best of all the depth to do this.

DownWitJPP
09-29-2012, 08:20 PM
I doubt Hill plays the slot, but he might get more playing time in the 3 safety set, or if Rolle doesn't play. Coe and Amukamara are both healthy enough to play tomorrow *knock on wood*

I agree though that Hill is a good athlete and that we won't be disappointed when he's on the field. He has been out there already in the 3 safety set, and made a good play on the ball in Carolina

Buddy333
09-29-2012, 08:22 PM
I know it was only 1 play in clean up time, but the 1st pass thrown his way last week he defended.

RoanokeFan
09-29-2012, 08:28 PM
This is A chance. This is a rookie who plays safety and is learning the nickel. If he excels great but he is certainly being thrown to the wolves. Hope for some flashes of good play. The kid is physical and athletic as buddy33 said if he gets time in the nickel i would expect a blitz or two to get after Vick. Fewell loves to attack running qb's from the outside so all corners should be set free from time to time. Hill may be the best of all the depth to do this.

Some players only need A chance. I don't know if Hill will step up or not, but this team prides itself on developing the next man up. Hill has been on the field and with every opportunity he gains experience that he can't get anywhere else. Some guys excel under pressure, let's hope that in Hill's DNA.

dave56dj
09-29-2012, 08:33 PM
I mentioned hill b/c he was mentioned in a coaches transcript about the nickel this week. Without coe practicing I would guess he took snaps along side tryon. I think there is a good chance he see's action outside of the three safety net which he hasn't really worked much in. When he came in last week against the panthers it was due to Rolle's injury. But perhaps they have been using him as the dime a bit.

DownWitJPP
09-29-2012, 08:36 PM
I would think that they would use Amukamara in the slot, and Coe on the outside before the use Hill in the slot.. I do think that Hill could handle it though

dave56dj
09-29-2012, 08:37 PM
Agreed Roanoke - but most guys need time and patience. This will be first of many many chances for Hill in my opinion.

Buddy333
09-29-2012, 08:37 PM
College and the Pros are not the same, but he did play in the SEC on a team that won the National Championship and played as a Freshman. Does that mean it will translate to the pros? No, but he has shown the ability to play on a big stage and play well.

dave56dj
09-29-2012, 08:45 PM
Agreed buddy - but like any rookie he will have growing pains.

As far as prince in slot and coe on the outside i think they will go with whomever took the practice reps and i think that will be Hill. We will soon see. He did a nice job in the nickel in the pre-season.

RoanokeFan
09-29-2012, 08:50 PM
Agreed Roanoke - but most guys need time and patience. This will be first of many many chances for Hill in my opinion.

He doesn't have to wow us, just keep up with the flow.

jomo
09-29-2012, 08:53 PM
Hill's chances will be improved considerably if Vick has 1.8 seconds to get rid of the pigskin.

dave56dj
09-29-2012, 09:10 PM
I'm saying this is one of many chances the youngster will have- hosley has wowed maybe hill can too - but large expectation for a rook- ill be rooting for 31

Buddy333
09-29-2012, 09:14 PM
Remember, this guy would have been a high draft pick had he not gotten off track. Reese picked up an extremely talented player.

dave56dj
09-29-2012, 09:39 PM
Agreed - hill has great potential and personally I think he will one day replace Rolle but tht said first round talent or not nickel isn't his true position. Still id rather he get experience under fire then have retreads like tryon or Coe out there. Tryon is a better nickel then outside corner but again id much rather see the youngster thrown to the wolves.

Astorian
09-29-2012, 10:16 PM
Agreed buddy - but like any rookie he will have growing pains.

As far as prince in slot and coe on the outside i think they will go with whomever took the practice reps.

"whoever", not "whomever"

Captain Chaos
09-30-2012, 12:11 PM
Time for the young lad to step up and make a name for himself, the way he intended it to be before he got off track. I'm routing for you kid!

Redeyejedi
09-30-2012, 12:12 PM
Giants pass rush better be there today. If they cant get Vick to the ground they wont win the game