PDA

View Full Version : Will Hill, after years of drugs and parties, is making the most of his opportunity wi

RoanokeFan
09-29-2012, 09:47 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1171147 (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/hill-years-drugs-parties-making-opportunity-ny-giants-article-1.1171147)

Excerpt: "Two pairs of eyes trained on Will Hill, as if trying to peek into the deepest corners of his soul. And suddenly, the talkative, confident safety didnt feel so confident at all.

He desperately wanted to impress Giants defensive coordinator Perry Fewell and safeties coach David Merritt in this late-spring meeting, wanted to show that he could help the Super Bowl champs. But at this moment, at this time, he needed to deal with his sordid past, explaining the Twitter meltdown and the marijuana suspension and the attitude that had disappointed so many scouts a year ago.

He thought about deflecting blame, as hed done so many times before.

No. Not this time.

I put everything on the line, just told them the truth, he says. I said, Im trying to come here to work and to help this team. Im not gonna be a problem. I wont be a distraction." Read more...

Buddy333
09-29-2012, 10:00 PM
Talent was was never an issue. I think he sounds focused and hungry.

DownWitJPP
09-29-2012, 10:11 PM
great read thanks Roanoke.. I agree talent was never an issue with this kid, he is an elite athlete

during rookie mini camp " he ran so hard he threw up" sounds like he has dedicated himself to football once again and I am rooting for him. Everyone deserves a second chance

Cool Papa B.
09-29-2012, 10:35 PM
Great read! Thanks for sharing.....

The dude sounds serious and focused. Hope he plays well and helps this secondary both for his sake and the Giants. In just 22 years, the guy has done a lot. It feels le he's a 30-something year old.

Is it true that he plays CB also? He would be a great help to this depleted CB crew if he can.

EnragedYouth85
09-29-2012, 11:00 PM
Maybe we have found our future Safety?

CowboysSuck
09-30-2012, 12:20 AM
I think Willy boy has what it takes, I'm rooting for the kid and he has a future here considering Rolle is nearing the end of his contract, KP too, and beside those two we really have no proven talent.

I will never judge anyone aged 16-25 for using drugs. Unless they do them the rest of their life...

People make mistakes, they do. I have..

clawwolf
09-30-2012, 12:02 PM
Fantastic piece. I really love how the organization seeks out and gets these players who are looking for redemption and second chances who have focused determination. It not only makes the games more interesting but the journey of the individuals as well. These people make for great stories around the NFL. Wish him the best.

Captain Chaos
09-30-2012, 12:11 PM
He's got some good mentors now and I think is on the right track!

C1010
09-30-2012, 12:32 PM
I look forward to seeing more of Will Hill. I like redemption stories and he looks focused and hungry. When he stepped in during the Carolina game, he showed flashes.

GameTime
09-30-2012, 02:05 PM
he is young and has a full plate on and off the field. He needs to keep his focus and keep the right people aroud him.
Good luck to him......

miked1958
09-30-2012, 02:28 PM
Talent was was never an issue. I think he sounds focused and hungry.Going out on a limb here but think he has a big game tonight

fourth&forever
09-30-2012, 02:31 PM
Going out on a limb here but think he has a big game tonight
If they play him enough. I hope they do. Time to find out if we can rely on him.