PDA

View Full Version : Who winds up with more yardage over the course of the year... Bradshaw or Brown?

poppa smurph
09-30-2012, 11:28 AM
The line of thinking here is that they both see the same amount of snaps and aren't hampered by injuries...
Bradshaw or Brown?

Ruttiger711
09-30-2012, 11:33 AM
I'm in the (verbal) minority in thinking Bradshaw will remain the starter since he will still be productive in that role.

appodictic
09-30-2012, 12:00 PM
I'm in the (verbal) minority in thinking Bradshaw will remain the starter since he will still be productive in that role.

I agree with you. We have been through this before with Jacobs/bradshaw ware/bradshaw. Rushing it is simply a function of our o-line and who we play against.
Brown is surely a great receiver and has very deceptive route running for a bigger back so he might become the third down guy for sure.

nycisgreat
09-30-2012, 12:03 PM

Honestly, I feel both guys have a different style of running the ball. I think both guys will have a successful years. Hopefully, similar to the Jacobs and Ward years.

Captain Chaos
09-30-2012, 12:08 PM
Well Brown has more at the moment but that means nothing. I think Bradshaw won't make through the season with his neck (that's my thoughts anyway).

Ruttiger711
09-30-2012, 01:02 PM
I agree with you. We have been through this before with Jacobs/bradshaw ware/bradshaw. Rushing it is simply a function of our o-line and who we play against.
Brown is surely a great receiver and has very deceptive route running for a bigger back so he might become the third down guy for sure.

yeah by no means do I not want brown to play - he only adds to the running game... purely a plus.

EnragedYouth85
09-30-2012, 01:16 PM
I think both will get their fair amount of carries but I feel Bradshaw is going to step up and get us some yards!

Mlerman17
09-30-2012, 01:19 PM
Bradshaw will get more carries

appodictic
09-30-2012, 01:28 PM
This also may sound dumb but bradshaw went out and got Stem cells in his foot. In case you have not heard those things is the bomb. He can likely run a 4.4 now. JK. But when bradshaw is not hampered by injury he is an incredible runner. He has a great juke move and a great hop step. Also he is the best blocking back in the NFL, thats not sexy but think about it, that in itself is an asset. If your building up a great vertical passing team like the giants already have around a shakey at best o-line bradshaw is a part of that success. Some of the other "great running backs" of the past few years, namely Adrian Peterson, Lashawna McCoy are bad blockers as a result they live the quarterbacks in a bad place and in the end their teams are not successful.

Who would your rather have? A three hole runner like Lashawna McCow and watch eli get hammered like vick, or would you rather have a two hole running like Ahmad bradshaw who typically is seen making a great block on 40+ yard passing plays?

BParcells777
09-30-2012, 01:29 PM
Brown is the better runner, more powerful and patient

Bradshaw will stay in there to block as we are primarily a passing team........I'm not sure how good a blocker Brown is, but will be keeping an eye on that tonight

KidA
09-30-2012, 01:42 PM
Hmm. Good question. I'd guess Brown at this point.

NYKiller
09-30-2012, 06:37 PM
I don't like this poll. The STARTER usually gets more carries, so he has a better chance to get more yards than the backup of course. However, if they both get the same amount of carries I would be surprise if Brown does get more yards. I see Bradshaw getting more yards as the STARTER with more carries, but Brown is still the better RB at this point and it will be proven in the long run.

Ruttiger711
09-30-2012, 06:44 PM
I don't like this poll. The STARTER usually gets more carries, so he has a better chance to get more yards than the backup of course. However, if they both get the same amount of carries I would be surprise if Brown does get more yards. I see Bradshaw getting more yards as the STARTER with more carries, but Brown is still the better RB at this point and it will be proven in the long run.

Call it starter call it the hot hand, with the Giants the better back will get the most carries whether they walk on the field first or second doesn't matter.

NYKiller
09-30-2012, 06:52 PM
Call it starter call it the hot hand, with the Giants the better back will get the most carries whether they walk on the field first or second doesn't matter.

I think we are going to have to wait and see what happens. I will not say what I really want to say until I see more of Bradshaw and Brown this season. It's early and there is a lot more games left to play.

poppa smurph
09-30-2012, 07:03 PM
I think we are going to have to wait and see what happens. I will not say what I really want to say until I see more of Bradshaw and Brown this season. It's early and there is a lot more games left to play.If you already know what you want to say, why not just say it?

miked1958
09-30-2012, 07:09 PM
They both go over 750 each

joemorrisforprez
09-30-2012, 07:10 PM
I think the torch gets passed tonight to Brown....based on performance.

jomo
09-30-2012, 09:08 PM
Brown but not by much.