PDA

View Full Version : My concerns

Mlerman17
09-30-2012, 12:56 PM
The eagles have one of the best pass defenses in the league and they run a lot of man press with two safeties over the top. We have struggled against these types of coverages in the past as recently as week 1. Now to add in the fact that Hakeem isn't playing and I think it spells out trouble. In addition the eagles have completely shut down the run against us recently.. I just feel that our offense will struggle when nobody is open and cole and babin are relentlessly getting after Eli. I think our d can handle Vick for the most part but we have to stop McCoy as our top priority like we did against them in the Vince young game last year. I don't see us getting many big plays down the field if any at all. I hope I'm wrong but it doesn't look good for us on the road in primetime. I hope I'm wrong.

RoanokeFan
09-30-2012, 01:18 PM
We've had a pretty good history of "next man up" this season. Losing Nicks is a big deal, no doubt. But we have good depth at WR with Barden having had his best career game last week and Hixon back from a concussion and Randle in the mix. We also have to acknowledge Bennett at TE who has been having a good year so far. I think we have enough play makers to get the job done, especially is the running game is back.

fourth&forever
09-30-2012, 01:28 PM
We've had a pretty good history of "next man up" this season. Losing Nicks is a big deal, no doubt. But we have good depth at WR with Barden having had his best career game last week and Hixon back from a concussion and Randle in the mix. We also have to acknowledge Bennett at TE who has been having a good year so far. I think we have enough play makers to get the job done, especially is the running game is back.
I think they will be very physical with Barden. Attack him like he's rookie. I think #13 will have his hands full.
imo, Hixon needs to make the wr plays for us tonight.

RoanokeFan
09-30-2012, 01:36 PM
I think they will be very physical with Barden. Attack him like he's rookie. I think #13 will have his hands full.
imo, Hixon needs to make the wr plays for us tonight.

You could be right. The Panthers were playing well off Barden last week and that's not going to happen tonight. I'm not minimizing the game Barden had, but today will be more of a challenge all around.

If they put Hixon and Bardon on the outside with Cruz in the slot, we could present problems they can't account for.

fourth&forever
09-30-2012, 02:02 PM
You could be right. The Panthers were playing well off Barden last week and that's not going to happen tonight. I'm not minimizing the game Barden had, but today will be more of a challenge all around.

If they put Hixon and Bardon on the outside with Cruz in the slot, we could present problems they can't account for.
Bottom line, man on man, they have to get open. Quick hitter routes would be nice too.

RoanokeFan
09-30-2012, 02:22 PM
Bottom line, man on man, they have to get open. Quick hitter routes would be nice too.

That's a fact

tonyt830
09-30-2012, 02:29 PM
The only concern I have might be the depth/injuries to our secondary. I hope Rolle can go, if not Hill and Brown will have to step up.

I think that the Giants need to win the battle in the trenches. If the O-line can handle the Eagle D-line, I have full confidence that our pass and run game will do just fine. And our D-line needs to get pressure on Vick(hits, sacks, batted balls).

Buddy333
09-30-2012, 02:46 PM
Tonight wold be a great time to prove the OL is better and they have a run game again. They have not run well against the Eagles. What way to better catch them off guard than to do what you have not been able to do? Imagine tomorrow the stat sheet reads that Eli had only 205 yards and no TD's but they won the game because as a team they ran for over 200 yards. How great where they at running the ball in 2008?

Denaliman316
09-30-2012, 03:22 PM
Giants will be picking us Boykin the way the Cards did with Fitz except they will use Cruz. Let's also not forget the Eagles don't have Peters anymore who was huge for them. McKenzie whiffed on Babin and cost us more than likely the game against the Eagles the second time and he's gone. If you notice when Diehl has been out we run our best.

RoanokeFan
09-30-2012, 03:23 PM
The only concern I have might be the depth/injuries to our secondary. I hope Rolle can go, if not Hill and Brown will have to step up.

I think that the Giants need to win the battle in the trenches. If the O-line can handle the Eagle D-line, I have full confidence that our pass and run game will do just fine. And our D-line needs to get pressure on Vick(hits, sacks, batted balls).

Rolle is playing at last report. Hill is available and we have Webster and Amukamara as well. Webster's cast my become an issue but we;ll have to see about that.

Captain Chaos
09-30-2012, 05:32 PM
Glad they're your concerns....

miked1958
09-30-2012, 05:39 PM
You could be right. The Panthers were playing well off Barden last week and that's not going to happen tonight. I'm not minimizing the game Barden had, but today will be more of a challenge all around.If they put Hixon and Bardon on the outside with Cruz in the slot, we could present problems they can't account for.Totally agree

ny06
09-30-2012, 05:41 PM
The Giants are the better team, it's just a matter of what Giants team shows up tonight.

TextureDj
09-30-2012, 05:42 PM
My biggest concern is for that dude sitting in his car at the linc all by himself from the other thread. /shudders

miked1958
09-30-2012, 05:59 PM
What a long wait for this game to start

ELI_HOF_NYG
09-30-2012, 06:04 PM
The eagles have one of the best pass defenses in the league and they run a lot of man press with two safeties over the top. We have struggled against these types of coverages in the past as recently as week 1. Now to add in the fact that Hakeem isn't playing and I think it spells out trouble. In addition the eagles have completely shut down the run against us recently.. I just feel that our offense will struggle when nobody is open and cole and babin are relentlessly getting after Eli. I think our d can handle Vick for the most part but we have to stop McCoy as our top priority like we did against them in the Vince young game last year. I don't see us getting many big plays down the field if any at all. I hope I'm wrong but it doesn't look good for us on the road in primetime. I hope I'm wrong.

right about shady,,,as far as the safeties go they are like Rodney Dangerfield,,they get no respect. our guys can handle drc and nhamdi,,,just stick to the game plan and play smash mouth new york football. as long as we execute we should own this.

joemorrisforprez
09-30-2012, 06:08 PM
I think Eli will be riding the Black Unicorn tonight.

Also, Barden is a big guy....I think he'll be okay in press coverage......Hixon is the guy who normally disappears against the bump and run.

jomo
09-30-2012, 07:58 PM
I can answer that with one word.........rundaball.

drewz
09-30-2012, 08:05 PM
Can we stop with the Eagles have the best pass defense? They've faced Kevin Kolb, Brandon Weeden, and Joe Flacco.