PDA

View Full Version : Barden and Brown.

BurnerNYG
09-30-2012, 10:29 PM
We need to see a little bit more of them and a little less of Bradshaw and Hixon.

ELI_Iz_God
09-30-2012, 10:31 PM
Both non-factors so far

fourth&forever
09-30-2012, 10:34 PM
I saw Barden open 1 or 2 times.

BurnerNYG
09-30-2012, 10:35 PM
I know. Seems like they're not getting that many looks or touches. We need to let Brown play a whole series and see what he does. We need a spark.

fourth&forever
09-30-2012, 10:37 PM
Looks like the spark needs to come from the D. or specials.

fourth&forever
09-30-2012, 10:38 PM
I'll take a spark from anywhere.

nycisgreat
09-30-2012, 10:38 PM
Those guys have been in on a few plays. Both defenses are playing well.

BurnerNYG
09-30-2012, 10:39 PM
I saw Barden open 1 or 2 times.Going deep to Hixon too much... I'm sorry but I do need see him as a deep threat. Maybe occasionally but how many times did we target him deep so far?

Kendo15
09-30-2012, 10:40 PM
Yeah, hard yards out there.

It'll open up mid third.

BurnerNYG
09-30-2012, 10:47 PM
Looks like they're about to score. Maybe that'll wake us up.

Marvelousmik
09-30-2012, 10:48 PM
Going deep to Hixon too much... I'm sorry but I do need see him as a deep threat. Maybe occasionally but how many times did we target him deep so far?

hixon very often beats his guy. deep. they just arent able to connect right now. Im not sure if barden will make much of a difference but im sure he may have a few oppotunities

Blueshine
09-30-2012, 10:49 PM
Right, this makes me sick. Play what worked last game. Dumb doing otherwise. And, so dont want to hear our d line brag anymore.

BMW
09-30-2012, 10:50 PM
Every time something works for us, we go back to what does not work for us. Nothing new here.

BurnerNYG
09-30-2012, 10:52 PM
hixon very often beats his guy. deep. they just arent able to connect right now. Im not sure if barden will make much of a difference but im sure he may have a few oppotunitiesWhenever I think about Hixon running deep, I think about that big drop in that 08 playoff game. He's an average receiver/great special teamer.

Marvelousmik
09-30-2012, 10:57 PM
Whenever I think about Hixon running deep, I think about that big drop in that 08 playoff game. He's an average receiver/great special teamer.

call me crazy but i always thought hixon was better than manningham

BurnerNYG
09-30-2012, 10:57 PM
Of course he starts making big catches after I criticized him. I wonder how long he's gonna go before he gets broken up lol.

BurnerNYG
09-30-2012, 10:58 PM
call me crazy but i always thought hixon was better than manninghamManningham was looking good today.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-30-2012, 11:03 PM
What was Hixon doing there? He stopped and stood in the end zone while the Eagles DB played the ball... it looked like the Eagles were the receiver there instead of Hixon.

Don't understand that at all... why the hell aren't we using barden in the red zone....

bg79
09-30-2012, 11:07 PM
We're going to go through this same issue when Diehl returns. Coughlin prefers to reward experience over performance. Barden puts together one of the best games out of a Giants receiver not named Nicks or Cruz and he's rewarded with going back to being lower on the depth chart to freaking Hixon. Brown made the run game relevant for the first time in a long time and he's rewarding with getting the worse end of a timeshare with a half injured Bradshaw. We all know Coughlin will return Diehl to the starting lineup no matter how horrible he's been. It's frustrating, and I hate wishing injury on players but that was the only way we actually get to see what we have.

Marvelousmik
09-30-2012, 11:14 PM
What was Hixon doing there? He stopped and stood in the end zone while the Eagles DB played the ball... it looked like the Eagles were the receiver there instead of Hixon.

Don't understand that at all... why the hell aren't we using barden in the red zone....

Eli threw a high bullet right to the defender and hixon prevented the interception. I am not exactly sold on barden yet but he should have a few oppotunities

giantsfan420
09-30-2012, 11:15 PM
i dunno i thought hixon has looked very good. i want barden to make an impact too but hixon is handling it well. get him the ball more if anything. eli does no discriminate. u get open u get the ball, hix has done well.

giantsfan420
i agree w brown

fourth&forever
We're going to go through this same issue when Diehl returns. Coughlin prefers to reward experience over performance. Barden puts together one of the best games out of a Giants receiver not named Nicks or Cruz and he's rewarded with going back to being lower on the depth chart to freaking Hixon. Brown made the run game relevant for the first time in a long time and he's rewarding with getting the worse end of a timeshare with a half injured Bradshaw. We all know Coughlin will return Diehl to the starting lineup no matter how horrible he's been. It's frustrating, and I hate wishing injury on players but that was the only way we actually get to see what we have.
Coughlin rewards consistency. Also tries not to promote because of injury. But I'd bet Diehl is relegated to backup now.

BurnerNYG
09-30-2012, 11:17 PM

Don't understand that at all... why the hell aren't we using barden in the red zone....I don't get it either.

BurnerNYG
09-30-2012, 11:19 PM
i dunno i thought hixon has looked very good. i want barden to make an impact too but hixon is handling it well. get him the ball more if anything. eli does no discriminate. u get open u get the ball, hix has done well.All we got is a measly 3 points.

bg79
09-30-2012, 11:21 PM
Coughlin rewards consistency. Also tries not to promote because of injury. But I'd bet Diehl is relegated to backup now.
If I was a gambling man I'd bet a lot of money that Diehl is inserted as a starter when he returns, it's Coughlin's way. He's loyal to a fault sometimes... well most of the time. It's one of the reasons why we often seldom ever get valuable contributions from rookies that other teams get, they dont even get the chances. David Wilson will probably only see 3 carries max a game till next season all because of that fumble in the first game which reinforced how Coughlin already feels about playing rookies.