PDA

View Full Version : Tom cost us that one

TheAnalyst
10-01-2012, 01:20 AM
Sorry people. I can't sleep now. Coughlin just cost us that game. He won us 2 supwrbowls. Awesome. But he cost us that. Tynes just missed the kick had. It's 3rd and 10 and 15 sec left. Come on. Anyone with half a brain could call something.to get us a few yards closer. Tynes is great. But he doesn't have a cannon. I know that. So do you. Coughlin knows that as well. That last attempt was idiotic. I knew we missed it before we kicked it. How did our coach not? Jesus. Ok, let's play the "we are not that good card" again before we try hard and coach well.

Crovaz
10-01-2012, 01:22 AM
Ok, lets say they run it and can't get lined up for the spike. Coughlin still supposedly costs us the game again, right? I'd rather have a chance to win then no chance at all. If you want to blame anyone, blame Eli for throwing down field to Barden instead of going for something short and quick. Kick your 38 - 44 yard field goal and win.

TheAnalyst
We will play like Champs sometime just not right now. Dumb coaching.

giantfan1976
Sorry people. I can't sleep now. Coughlin just cost us that game. He won us 2 supwrbowls. Awesome. But he cost us that. Tynes just missed the kick had. It's 3rd and 10 and 15 sec left. Come on. Anyone with half a brain could call something.to get us a few yards closer. Tynes is great. But he doesn't have a cannon. I know that. So do you. Coughlin knows that as well. That last attempt was idiotic. I knew we missed it before we kicked it. How did our coach not? Jesus. Ok, let's play the "we are not that good card" again before we try hard and coach well.

Yeah. I agree with you on the idea that they should have run another play before kicking. Tom Coughlin is a hell of a coach and we're lucky to have him. But, he did blow that.

BMW
What is sad they did not even TRY to get a short pass.

GFiP
10-01-2012, 01:24 AM
Barden cost us the game.

RoanokeFan

Really? If we don't get out of bounds or make a first down, we can't stop the clock. Would you rather have a chance with the kick or watch the clock hit 00:00?

TheAnalyst
Ok, lets say they run it and can't get lined up for the spike. Coughlin still supposedly costs us the game again, right? I'd rather have a chance to win then no chance at all. If you want to blame anyone, blame Eli for throwing down field to Barden instead of going for something short and quick. Kick your 38 - 44 yard field goal and win.So you want to blame Eli for the coaches call? Most likely gilbrides? It was bad coaching, plain as day.

Eliscruzzz
10-01-2012, 01:25 AM
Once again this is not on the coaches this is on stupid Barden I mean why do that come on man

RoanokeFan
10-01-2012, 01:26 AM
Barden cost us the game.

It really never comes down to one play. The defender was probably in a better position to catch the pass and if he did, we'd be complaining Barden didn't foul him.

giantfan1976
Ok, lets say they run it and can't get lined up for the spike. Coughlin still supposedly costs us the game again, right? I'd rather have a chance to win then no chance at all. If you want to blame anyone, blame Eli for throwing down field to Barden instead of going for something short and quick. Kick your 38 - 44 yard field goal and win.

First off, you're post shows your ignorance of football. What part of spiking the ball on 4th and whatever distance makes sense to you? Secondly, Eli is the sole reason we won last year, and he's the only thing this team has going for it. Receivers that leave and wouldn't do **** on another team. The worst line in football. A running game that is LAST in the league (I think they racked up 54 yards tonight - THAT'S AWESOME). Barden beat NA all night, and when he didn't there was a flag thrown for DPI. So, please stop with the blame Eli stuff. The only mistake Eli made was the INT. And he is STILL the only reason we were in the game.

TheAnalyst
Barden cost us the game.Are you kidding me? How?

giantsforce
Ok, lets say they run it and can't get lined up for the spike. Coughlin still supposedly costs us the game again, right? I'd rather have a chance to win then no chance at all. If you want to blame anyone, blame Eli for throwing down field to Barden instead of going for something short and quick. Kick your 38 - 44 yard field goal and win.Coughlin cost us this game no matter how you slice it or dice it. It is up tp the coach to make sure that he calls a sure play. All they had to do on 3rd 2nd own is run the ball up the middle and them spike it if necessary. It would have been no PI and Types easily makes a 40 or so yarder. No rocket science here, just common sense. But do not look to Coughlin for that. He is not as good as you think.

BeatYale
10-01-2012, 01:27 AM
How is it Coughlin's fault? He doesn't tell Eli where to go with the ball. Eli and Barden can share the blame for the extra long field goal attempt. Bad throw + bad penalty.

CDN_G-FAN
10-01-2012, 01:28 AM
Really? If we don't get out of bounds or make a first down, we can't stop the clock. Would you rather have a chance with the kick or watch the clock hit 00:00?

+1

Kicker has been perfect all season, great corners sitting on short sideline passes, Baas snapping horrible. I would have kicked it too.

Sarcasman
10-01-2012, 01:28 AM
It was not an elegant finish by any means.

TheAnalyst
10-01-2012, 01:29 AM
I love coughlin and his special on NFL network, but he blew this one completely. Sorry. I was yelling at my tv to call a quick play, and he says go deep and then kick a 54 yarder. Dumb. I knew he wasn't making that.

giantsforce
10-01-2012, 01:30 AM
Really? If we don't get out of bounds or make a first down, we can't stop the clock. Would you rather have a chance with the kick or watch the clock hit 00:00?Really, If Eli sees that he has no play, he throws the ball out of bounds to stop the clock. No matter how you run the numbers this was an idiotic call not to run the ball on 2nd down. Then to call for a 54 yard field goal knowing that this is beyond Tynes range is idiotic, especially on 3rd down.

bearbryant
Plenty of other guys helped give us the L but when it came down to it, that call of throwing downfiled on the Interference call. That was the last chamce to win period. Don't tell me they can't line up in 15 seconds, please, but.... the Coaches decision made us take the L this week!

Harooni
cant blame , coughlin, eli , barden rolle , osi ect ect.its not one person , it was a a team loss simple as that. all could have stepped up a bit and won. but it happens and back to the drawing board.

Toadofsteel
10-01-2012, 01:31 AM
Really, If Eli sees that he has no play, he throws the ball out of bounds to stop the clock. No matter how you run the numbers this was an idiotic call not to run the ball on 2nd down. Then to call for a 54 yard field goal knowing that this is beyond Tynes range is idiotic, especially on 3rd down.

This... a sideline route would have been either complete and out of bounds or incomplete, both of which stop the clock. And since the receivers are on the sidelines, if they're covered up well, just throw it away... complete waste of a perfectly good down there...

Diamondring
10-01-2012, 01:32 AM
Barden cost us the game.Eli did when he threw that ints in the endzone wich made no sense. He should have seen those defenders underneith where the ball was going.

RoanokeFan
It was not an elegant finish by any means.

Elegant? Probably not. But we live to fight another day which will be here before you know it. It's not the end of the world, we're 2 - 2 and very much alive. It's a disappointing loss without doubt. We need to get some people healthy so we have a decent rotation on defense.

GFiP
It really never comes down to one play. The defender was probably in a better position to catch the pass and if he did, we'd be complaining Barden didn't foul him.

No one would want him to foul the corner. He should have tried to bat the ball away, not climb him.

Crovaz
First off, you're post shows your ignorance of football. What part of spiking the ball on 4th and whatever distance makes sense to you? Secondly, Eli is the sole reason we won last year, and he's the only thing this team has going for it. Receivers that leave and wouldn't do **** on another team. The worst line in football. A running game that is LAST in the league (I think they racked up 54 yards tonight - THAT'S AWESOME). Barden beat NA all night, and when he didn't there was a flag thrown for DPI. So, please stop with the blame Eli stuff. The only mistake Eli made was the INT. And he is STILL the only reason we were in the game.

I believe that Barden call was on 2nd down, not 3rd. I've been watching the Giants since 1985, thanks, I've seen my fair share of games and understand the game and how it's played. Is Eli a great QB? Of course he is but he's allowed to be blamed for things if he does something wrong. He's just as accountable as everyone else on the team.

CDN_G-FAN
10-01-2012, 01:33 AM
cant blame , coughlin, eli , barden rolle , osi ect ect.its not one person , it was a a team loss simple as that. all could have stepped up a bit and won. but it happens and back to the drawing board.

+1

RoanokeFan
10-01-2012, 01:33 AM
No one would want him to foul the corner. He should have tried to bat the ball away, not climb him.

He would have had to go through the defender, same result

TrueBlue@NYC
10-01-2012, 01:34 AM
How is it Coughlin's fault? He doesn't tell Eli where to go with the ball. Eli and Barden can share the blame for the extra long field goal attempt. Bad throw + bad penalty.

That last play was all on Eli. Barden wasn't open at all and Eli didn't even put the ball in a place where Barden could at least make a play on it. The ONLY play Barden had was to foul to prevent the INT. It's one thing to have faith in your receiver to make a play, it's another to simply make a bad decision. That was a bad decision.

Eli was being greedy all night trying to beat PHI deep, and almost every time he put the ball in harms' way. That play was no different. Eli should have thrown it out of bounds. That play was almost as bad as a sack.

Moke
10-01-2012, 01:34 AM
Defense is way too tired. Need good rotation, coaching did cost us though on that last drive. Can't win them all in the 4th quarter.

miked1958
10-01-2012, 01:37 AM
Barden cost us the game.Nope. Heads up play by barden. Namandi had better angle on ball. If he didn't do what he did it could be a game ending INT

tonyt830
I was disappointed that Bradshaw could not get a few more yards up the middle before the play that led to the offensive pass inteference call. Maybe the Giants would have called something short and had time to spike it before it became 3rd and long making it a 54 yard attempt. Personally I was not comfortable with a 50 plus yard FG to have to win the game. But that is all hindsight now

miked1958
Blame goes to coaches for calling that play in that situation

BurnerNYG
10-01-2012, 01:39 AM
Sorry didn't read through this thread but this was a team loss. You can blame Baas for those low snaps, Cruz for slipping, our defense for allowing the Eagles to drive up and down the field on us in the 2nd half, Eli for that pick, Coughlin for putting the game in Tynes leg on a 54 yarder etc, etc. No one man deserves the blame. I hear people saying Barden but if it wasn't for him we wouldn't had got the 1st down in the 1st place. This was a team loss!!

FUUFNF
10-01-2012, 01:41 AM
Elegant? Probably not. But we live to fight another day which will be here before you know it. It's not the end of the world, we're 2 - 2 and very much alive. It's a disappointing loss without doubt. We need to get some people healthy so we have a decent rotation on defense.

Still lots of football left in this season, but 0-2 in the division is not where we want to be.

BurnerNYG
10-01-2012, 01:43 AM
Still lots of football left in this season, but 0-2 in the division is not where we want to be.Especially with RG3 not throwing picks and instilling confidence in Washington. This division is ten times tougher.

RoanokeFan
10-01-2012, 01:44 AM
Still lots of football left in this season, but 0-2 in the division is not where we want to be.

This is true, but we've proven you can get where we want to go imperfectly

RoanokeFan
Sorry didn't read through this thread but this was a team loss. You can blame Baas for those low snaps, Cruz for slipping, our defense for allowing the Eagles to drive up and down the field on us in the 2nd half, Eli for that pick, Coughlin for putting the game in Tynes leg on a 54 yarder etc, etc. No one man deserves the blame. I hear people saying Barden but if it wasn't for him we wouldn't had got the 1st down in the 1st place. This was a team loss!!

+1

GameTime

defense blew that game overall......

PRGiant
10-01-2012, 02:28 AM
This!!!

giantsforce
10-01-2012, 02:35 AM
This is true, but we've proven you can get where we want to go imperfectlyTrue, even a broken clock is right twice a day and we had ours.

Harooni
10-01-2012, 02:42 AM

yep , spot on

TheAnalyst
10-01-2012, 09:29 AM
You really think it was a good idea to kick that? You guys know Tynes cant kick that far. He cant even barely get it to the endzone on kickoffs for crying out loud. He is about the only kicker in the league who doesnt do that on a regular basis. And it is because of his small leg.

We should of ran an out play on 3rd down and got 5 yards. Defense would of let us. I trust Eli and our WRs to do that much. I guess the coaches dont. Thats pathetic. We run a 5 yard out, and we win.

Also, that deep pass was just inexcusable. Dumb coaching. Im not changing my stance on that. We were in FG range already and we go for a TD down 2 points. Make ZERO sense. Then, 3rd down and we kick a 54 yard FG with 15 seconds left. Makes ZERO sense. I never saw a team do that before and not try to get closer. Never.

gumby74
10-01-2012, 09:38 AM
I can live with getting beat physically. What I can't live with are stupid mental mistakes. They had an entire down to prepare for this scenario. Nothing broke down. Nothing out of the ordinary. It was just ... stupid.

When Eli threw the pick, well, crap happens. It the heat of the moment and everything happens so fast, you can't always do the right thing. But man, the Barden pick. I was like ..WTF. You have all the time in the world to think the scenario through and this is what you come up with?! If the play isn't there throw it away.

"Safe" play call my butt.

BigBlue1971
10-01-2012, 09:39 AM
Barden cost us the game.

Barden didnt cost us the game even though they flagged him for pi! i wasnt on the field but certainly on tv i didnt see anything Barden did to warrant that flag. both players were jogging for position imo!

anyone of 3-4 plays couldve determined the game outcome! we just lost the game!

RoanokeFan
10-01-2012, 09:42 AM
I love coughlin and his special on NFL network, but he blew this one completely. Sorry. I was yelling at my tv to call a quick play, and he says go deep and then kick a 54 yarder. Dumb. I knew he wasn't making that.

I'm going to see if we can't get you TC's personal cell phone number so you can call him as they line up to tell him if the called play and the audbile are going to work or not.

RoanokeFan
10-01-2012, 09:43 AM
You really think it was a good idea to kick that? You guys know Tynes cant kick that far. He cant even barely get it to the endzone on kickoffs for crying out loud. He is about the only kicker in the league who doesnt do that on a regular basis. And it is because of his small leg.

We should of ran an out play on 3rd down and got 5 yards. Defense would of let us. I trust Eli and our WRs to do that much. I guess the coaches dont. Thats pathetic. We run a 5 yard out, and we win.

Also, that deep pass was just inexcusable. Dumb coaching. Im not changing my stance on that. We were in FG range already and we go for a TD down 2 points. Make ZERO sense. Then, 3rd down and we kick a 54 yard FG with 15 seconds left. Makes ZERO sense. I never saw a team do that before and not try to get closer. Never.

Tynes has put most of his kickoffs in the end zone this season

Moke
10-01-2012, 09:46 AM
It doesn't even matter about kicking in the endzone.

Kicking off is so much different than kicking a FG, especially a 54yd FG. There is much more pressure kicking a FG due to getting it off before a block and your actually scoring points.

NO WAY, he makes that 10 out of 10 times.

EVGiant17
10-01-2012, 10:03 AM
People are focusing on the wrong play where Tom cost us. It is first and 10 at the 27. We rush for 1 yard. It is now 2nd down at the 26. This is a 43 yard field goal. Not a chip shot but makeable by any NFL kicker. We have 49 seconds left. Next down you run up the middle again. 3rd down you spike it and 4th kick the FG. Game over we win. Why even pass on 2nd down?

miked1958
10-01-2012, 10:06 AM
Barden didnt cost us the game even though they flagged him for pi! i wasnt on the field but certainly on tv i didnt see anything Barden did to warrant that flag. both players were jogging for position imo!

anyone of 3-4 plays couldve determined the game outcome! we just lost the game!no that was clear PI on barden. his arm was wrapped around him and his other was grabbing his head and facemask. lol. he prevented an INT... ball shouldnt have been thrown

GMENAGAIN
10-01-2012, 10:07 AM
He should be fired. The game has passed him by.

miked1958
10-01-2012, 10:11 AM
This is true, but we've proven you can get where we want to go imperfectlythat is exactly why everyone HATES the Giants. because they can have 4 or 5 games like this one (or even worse then this one, see game at NO last season) and still turn around and win Titles. We had these type games in both SB winning seasons plus a Rash of season ending and nagging injuries both years and still came out with Rings. That gets under peoples skin. they can handle a team like GB if they had won it last season posting that 15-1 mark because people will just say. oh well they were just that good, to good to beat and except it. but when a team like the giants stumbles along and defies the odds twice to pick up LOMBARDIs that people cant stomach...

so now they feel good about themselves pointing to all the errors the giants and eli made saying look they are frauds. but deep down feeling scared that this team could do it again to them in the end