PDA

View Full Version : That Loss Is Squarely On Gilbride And Coughlin!

bigblue58
10-01-2012, 12:34 AM
Why in the hell are you calling for a pass play, when you're in WINNING FG territory already...... with under a mimute left, instead of just running the ball twice to set up Tynes in the middle of the field?
Why are you trying for a damned touchdown that you didn't need to win the damned game???
It's on Killdrive for calling for the pass and it's on TC for being stupid enough to allow it!
I don't care what Coughlin says to try and spin it....there is nothing he can say to justify a decision that monumentally stupid!
Two giftwrapped PI calls on the Egirls to set the Giants up for the winning FG and These two idiots flush the opportunity right down the crapper!
A Case of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory if there ever was one.
I'm so pissed right now I can't sleep or sit still.
Coughlin+Gilbride=STUPID!!!!!!!

nycsportzfan
10-01-2012, 12:41 AM
It defy's logic.. It litteraly defys logic that u would throw there.. The negatives clearly out weigh the positives .. Even so, what was ELI seeing? Why'd he throw it anywhere near Nhamdi when ur in GW'ing FG range? Crazy! It reminds of the time in Philly when he ran for a huge 1st at the end of the game and set us up for winning score and instead of sliding , he went face first and fumbled without being touched..lol That su-cked!

bigblue58
10-01-2012, 12:42 AM
i thought coughlin was better than this...its one thing that he literally looks confused on the sideline the whole damn game for whatever reason..but i can deal with that...but he has to step in there and either demand gilbride run it twice or throw something short not 25 yds down the field...and WHAT THE HELL was barden doing on the play instead of even playing the ball he just threw a headlock on him..fkn clown

exactly man, you're right! Coughlin has the final say so what happens. This was such an unnecessary loss and it cost me my radio that I smashed into 500 pieces! This should have been a W and it's Coughlin andf gilbride's fault that it wasn't!

SuperNYGiants
10-01-2012, 12:43 AM
Maybe Gilbride was going for the style points. Yeah, joking about it is the only way to not go crazy. Gilbride is pass-happy though, we all knew that.

bigblue58
10-01-2012, 12:44 AM
It defy's logic.. It litteraly defys logic that u would throw there.. The negatives clearly out weigh the positives .. Even so, what was ELI seeing? Why'd he throw it anywhere near Nhamdi when ur in GW'ing FG range? Crazy! It reminds of the time in Philly when he ran for a huge 1st at the end of the game and set us up for winning score and instead of sliding , he went face first and fumbled without being touched..lol That su-cked!

Exactly dude! Thank you....I was trying to think of how to say it properly and you nailed it...it absolutely defys logic!

bigblue58
10-01-2012, 12:46 AM
Maybe Gilbride was going for the style points. Yeah, joking about it is the only way to not go crazy. Gilbride is pass-happy though, we all knew that.

You're right about him 100% dude!
Gilbride+Pass Happy=IDIOT

bigblue58
10-01-2012, 12:49 AM

He had to be going for style points, because he sure as hell wasn't going for the win!

giantsforce
10-01-2012, 12:52 AM
He had to be going for style points, because he sure as hell wasn't going for the win!
Coughlin that lets Gilbride be Pass Happy=IDIOT
Coughlin that calls for a FG outside his kicker's range = Senile

stormblue
10-01-2012, 12:55 AM
it seems to be a "perfect storm" every time we play these freakin' eagles.

we somehow find a way to make sure that the 4th qtr. will be an

agonizing new way to lose to these guys.

it always makes me feel like an unwilling participant in

a 4th qtr masochistic meltdown ritual.

the herm edwards curse lives on.

ashleymarie
10-01-2012, 01:01 AM

Tonight was not the night to be pass happy. Eli was not hot tonight. :mad:

ashleymarie
10-01-2012, 01:03 AM
Why in the hell are you calling for a pass play, when you're in WINNING FG territory already...... with under a mimute left, instead of just running the ball twice to set up Tynes in the middle of the field?
Why are you trying for a damned touchdown that you didn't need to win the damned game???
It's on Killdrive for calling for the pass and it's on TC for being stupid enough to allow it!
I don't care what Coughlin says to try and spin it....there is nothing he can say to justify a decision that monumentally stupid!
Two giftwrapped PI calls on the Egirls to set the Giants up for the winning FG and These two idiots flush the opportunity right down the crapper!
Coughlin+Gilbride=STUPID!!!!!!!

I agree. Really bad coaching.

nhpgiantsfan
10-01-2012, 01:03 AM
I think TC and KG have witnessed too much Eli magic over the past 12 months and have come to expect it every time now. I can't think of any other explanation for the play calling on the final drive.

Cloud57
10-01-2012, 01:05 AM
Fire Coughlin! maybe if we put him in the hot seat again he'll make better decisions.

SuperNYGiants
10-01-2012, 01:06 AM
They just got too greedy, thinking Eli would pull one out again, but a 44 yard field goal for Tynes is very good, then Barden messed it up, so they panicked in the moment. I don't understand why a coach like Coughlin with years of experience could do such a bonehead coaching.

Joe Morrison
10-01-2012, 01:08 AM
You all want Eli to have the freedom to call his own play, well he did, got the 1 on 1 and went for it, stated after the game that he made a bad pass and put Ramsees in a bad spot, should have gone back shoulder instead of the endzone, happy now.

bigblue58
10-01-2012, 01:08 AM
it seems to be a "perfect storm" every time we play these freakin' eagles.

we somehow find a way to make sure that the 4th qtr. will be an

agonizing new way to lose to these guys.

it always makes me feel like an unwilling participant in

a 4th qtr masochistic meltdown ritual.

the herm edwards curse lives on.

It's ironic you say that because the Pisarcik play came immediately to my mind when Gilbride had Eli throwing the ball instead of running it to the middle of the field to set it up for Tynes to kick a 39 yd winning FG!

Eliscruzzz
10-01-2012, 01:10 AM
I got a bunch of Eagles fans talking **** to me right now lmao I just want to punch them in the freakin face man

bigblue58
10-01-2012, 01:12 AM
You all want Eli to have the freedom to call his own play, well he did, got the 1 on 1 and went for it, stated after the game that he made a bad pass and put Ramsees in a bad spot, should have gone back shoulder instead of the endzone, happy now.

Dude...Eli doesn't change the play to a pass if he gets the word from Gilbride to run it twice and set up Tynes in the middle of the field for the game winner! And when has Eli ever blamed anyone but himself for bad plays , even when they weren't his fault? Never He's not going to throw anyone but himself under the bus, so take his mea culpas with a large grain of salt!

Joe Morrison
10-01-2012, 01:15 AM
Dude...Eli doesn't change the play to a pass if he gets the word from Gilbride to run it twice and set up Tynes in the middle of the field for the game winner! And when has Eli ever blamed anyone but himself for bad plays , even when they weren't his fault? Never He's not going to throw anyone but himself under the bus, so take his mea culpas with a large grain of salt!
DUDE! Eli explained this in his interview after the game, it was his call, he just got two INT on Nmandi and had him 1 on 1 again and made a bad pass, it happens, I was wondering where Gilbrides infamous draw to Bradshaw was followed by spiking the ball but Eli didn't see it that way, didn't want it to come down to a FG.

bigblue58
10-01-2012, 01:17 AM
I got a bunch of Eagles fans talking **** to me right now lmao I just want to punch them in the freakin face man

oh I'm serious when i say I'm not going into work tomaorrow because I'll end up killing the first Egirl fan that opens his mouth to me! After that loss that will remain nameless a few years back, i went in the next day, an egirl fan started breaking my shoes and I winged a 3 ft length of iron pipe at his head....missed him by a foot at most. I don't play when it comes to this rivalry. I can't even help it....it's a visceral reaction that I can't control.

Eliscruzzz
10-01-2012, 01:18 AM
DUDE! Eli explained this in his interview after the game, it was his call, he just got two INT on Nmandi and had him 1 on 1 again and made a bad pass, it happens, I was wondering where Gilbrides infamous draw to Bradshaw was followed by spiking the ball but Eli didn't see it that way, didn't want it to come down to a FG.He had no where else to go with the football and KG called that play

Eliscruzzz
10-01-2012, 01:21 AM
oh I'm serious when i say I'm not going into work tomaorrow because I'll end up killing the first Egirl fan that opens his mouth to me! After that loss that will remain nameless a few years back, i went in the next day, an egirl fan started breaking my shoes and I winged a 3 ft length of iron pipe at his head....missed him by a foot at most. I don't play when it comes to this rivalry. I can't even help it....it's a visceral reaction that I can't control. This loss really freakin sucks terrible way to lose and the fact that this team has bragging right s is terrible I literally had to leave my friends house he had two kids over I don't even know and they are Philly fans I almost beat their asses I should go back and do it....

bigblue58
10-01-2012, 01:24 AM
DUDE! Eli explained this in his interview after the game, it was his call, he just got two INT on Nmandi and had him 1 on 1 again and made a bad pass, it happens, I was wondering where Gilbrides infamous draw to Bradshaw was followed by spiking the ball but Eli didn't see it that way, didn't want it to come down to a FG.

They should have run the ball to set up Tynes in the middle of the field to kick the game winner and i don't give a fiddler's fart WHO made the decision to pass it! Insert Eli into the Titile of my thread then if it was his decision. It's the act of passing it when they were already in FG range that was stupid....if thats Eli fine...I don't care WHO it was I care that they...WHOMEVER THEY ARE..... made an idiotic decision when we had the game in our hands and victory just 39yds away.

G-MENBK
10-01-2012, 01:27 AM
When Eli threw the ball to Barden, it was 2nd down, not 3rd. The Giants were in field goal range (44 yarder). Why they didn't choose to run the ball, I have no idea.

bigblue58
10-01-2012, 01:27 AM
This loss really freakin sucks terrible way to lose and the fact that this team has bragging right s is terrible I literally had to leave my friends house he had two kids over I don't even know and they are Philly fans I almost beat their asses I should go back and do it....

I would!

LT_Hits
10-01-2012, 01:28 AM
Coughlin+Gilbride=STUPID!!!!!!!couldnt agree with you more. and to.top it off. eli was stupid enough to throw that senseless bomb. we could be reflecting on a win rather than a missed fg and pi call. dont desserve to win games in you grasp when you dont seize opportunities.

Harooni
10-01-2012, 01:29 AM
You all want Eli to have the freedom to call his own play, well he did, got the 1 on 1 and went for it, stated after the game that he made a bad pass and put Ramsees in a bad spot, should have gone back shoulder instead of the endzone, happy now. I think this one was eli's choice and he likes to throw that jump ball like farve. sometimes it works and sometimes not.

Joe Morrison
10-01-2012, 01:34 AM
He had no where else to go with the football and KG called that play
KG gives him the option, Eli called the play, get over it, a bad pass, it happens.

bigblue58
10-01-2012, 01:34 AM
When Eli threw the ball to Barden, it was 2nd down, not 3rd. The Giants were in field goal range (44 yarder). Why they didn't choose to run the ball, I have no idea.

I mean........who tries for the endzone when you don't need the TD to win? Thats the only question that's relevant!

Eliscruzzz
10-01-2012, 01:36 AM
oh really is that what happens in football???? you said Eli made the call which is totally false mr. know it all and Eli also had no where else to go besides Barden like I've been saying........

stormblue
10-01-2012, 02:52 AM
It's ironic you say that because the Pisarcik play came immediately to my mind when Gilbride had Eli throwing the ball instead of running it to the middle of the field to set it up for Tynes to kick a 39 yd winning FG!

yeah , you would think that would have been as obvious to the coaching staff as it was to us.

especially since tynes is money if its within his range.

Captain Chaos
10-01-2012, 06:17 AM
Was a bit surprised myself!

eldee
10-01-2012, 08:09 AM
It just seems to me that every time we play the eagles we break out the Stupid. We find more ways to lose the game than win it it kills me to see how perry fewell wants to bring pressure but has the secondary playing soft coverage. Eli throwing a pick in the red zone. It's like going into the Bermuda Triangle when we play these guys mysterious stuff just happens!

gumby74
10-01-2012, 08:33 AM
oh really is that what happens in football???? you said Eli made the call which is totally false mr. know it all and Eli also had no where else to go besides Barden like I've been saying........ If you have nowhere to go with the ball throw it away. And, no one knows who had the final say in what to do. But it's highly unlikely that the coaching staff will take all play calling responsibilites away from Eli. The decision most likely was on him.