PDA

View Full Version : Coughlin's terrible clock management cost us this game!

shockeyisjesus
10-01-2012, 01:41 AM
He took both timeouts when the Eagles had the ball on the OTHER SIDE of the two minute warning instead of taking them both before the two minute warning.

Cost us an additional 15-20 seconds which we could have used to run 1 more play, get a little bit closer and make a closer field goal.

Anyone with even half a brain who has played Madden once or twice in their lives knows you use the timeouts BEFORE the two minute warning in a goal line situation and not AFTER the two minute warning.

Terrible clock management cost us this game more than the passing interference.

Put the blame where it belongs folks!

Ruttiger711
10-01-2012, 01:43 AM
I can blame a lot and clock management sure isn't on the first page.

Wait - you're using Madden rationale?

Leaving room

shockeyisjesus
10-01-2012, 01:49 AM
Not Madden rationale.......I'm stating that anyone who has even a basic understanding of football, even if it just comes from having played Madden a couple times, understands you take your timeouts BEFORE the two minute warning.

You entirely missed the point. Please don't "enter the room" again because you aren't bringing much into it.

Joe Morrison
10-01-2012, 01:51 AM
He took both timeouts when the Eagles had the ball on the OTHER SIDE of the two minute warning instead of taking them both before the two minute warning.

Cost us an additional 15-20 seconds which we could have used to run 1 more play, get a little bit closer and make a closer field goal.

Anyone with even half a brain who has played Madden once or twice in their lives knows you use the timeouts BEFORE the two minute warning in a goal line situation and not AFTER the two minute warning.

Einstein, he had time for one more play, chose not to take it, just a bad call on the PI to Barden, after hearing Eli after the game that was all on him, he liked the match up and put the ball in a bad spot, still no excuse for not trying a quick out wth 15 to go to get another 5 yards,

shockeyisjesus
10-01-2012, 01:54 AM
Not Einstein, nothing you said has anything at all to do with my point which is that if he had used our timeouts properly, by calling them BEFORE the two minute warning, we would have had 15 or so extra seconds to run 1 more play on third down and 19.....

Now there is no guarantee we would have completed a pass if we had of, but we at least could have taken a shot and then lined up to kick a field goal before time expired which we couldn't guarantee doing wit 15 seconds left on the clock.

It was terrible clock management. Some of our fans lack of football knowledge is rather frightening.

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 01:55 AM
So you would have rather they didn't call TO's and ran the clock down to well under a minute?

Joe Morrison
10-01-2012, 01:57 AM
Not Einstein, nothing you said has anything at all to do with my point which is that if he had used our timeouts properly, by calling them BEFORE the two minute warning, we would have had 15 or so extra seconds to run 1 more play on third down and 19.....

Now there is no guarantee we would have completed a pass if we had of, but we at least could have taken a shot and then lined up to kick a field goal before time expired which we couldn't guarantee doing wit 15 seconds left on the clock.

It was terrible clock management. Some of our fans lack of football knowledge is rather frightening.
Without going back and looking at the tape I think at the most they only lost 8 seconds by waiting for the 2 minute warning, either way, bad call going deep, wussy call not trying a quick one with 15 seconds to go.

giants86/56
10-01-2012, 02:00 AM
I though it was the wrong call too, but in retrospect it was the right call not to call the TO before the two minute. we got the ball back with just under two minutes. Plenty of time. All we needed was the FG. If we burn the TO score too early Philly gets the ball back with two TO. It is on the players not the coaches. Poor execution and tough loss all round. We are all used to winning those

Giant stuck in Texas
10-01-2012, 02:00 AM

So what your saying is you want to rush out the field goal unit in 15-20 seconds, set up and kick a 54 yard field goal?!?!? Come on man....

shockeyisjesus
10-01-2012, 02:12 AM
Holy cow some of you have no freaking clue what you are talking about. I just lost 25 iq points reading some of these responses.

Try and use and shred of critical thinking skills here BEFORE you post.

We DIDN'T use the timeouts before the two minute warning. We did use them BOTH, aftewards.

Here is the play by play from ESPN: http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=320930021&period=4

We let the clock run down to the two minute warning. We called our second timeout at 1:57 and third at 1:52. Then they had to kick the FG.

If we use both timeouts BEFORE the two minute warning, there is a very good chance we could have gotten the ball back with at the very least a FULL two minutes but possibly even 2:03-2:05.

So at the very least, 8 extra seconds. More than likely 10-15 extra seconds

AT THE VERY LEAST.

Tack that onto the 15 seconds that were already on the clock. That gives us time to run a short play for an extra 4 or 5 yards and have the FG team ready to sprint onto the field and lineup for a 45-47 yarder instead of a 54 yarder.

Hypothetical for sure but what's not hypothetical is that he USED THE CLOCK POORLY by not calling the timeouts on the right side of the two minute warning.

Man are there some amateur posters on this site.

PRGiant
10-01-2012, 02:25 AM
Not really. I liked how he handled the time outs...hated everything else...

Joe Morrison
10-01-2012, 02:28 AM
Holy cow some of you have no freaking clue what you are talking about. I just lost 25 iq points reading some of these responses.

We DIDN'T use the timeouts before the two minute warning. We did use them BOTH, aftewards.

Here is the play by play from ESPN: http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=320930021&period=4

We let the clock run down to the two minute warning. We called our second timeout at 1:57 and third at 1:52. Then they had to kick the FG.

If we use both timeouts BEFORE the two minute warning, there is a very good chance we could have gotten the ball back with at the very least a FULL two minutes but possibly even 2:03-2:05.

AT THE VERY LEAST.

Tack that onto the 15 seconds that were already on the clock. That gives us time to run a short play for an extra 4 or 5 yards and have the FG team ready to sprint onto the field and lineup for a 45-47 yarder instead of a 54 yarder.

Hypothetical for sure but what's not hypothetical is that he USED THE CLOCK POORLY by not calling the timeouts on the right side of the two minute warning.

You are assuming that Eli is not going to try that pass, you can't do that, that's why they play the came and we watch the games, just click rewind on your Madden game and try agian, doesn't work that way in the real world.

nycsportzfan
10-01-2012, 03:20 AM
The bottom line is its a decison that shoulden't even go through ur mind, ever.. The fact that its even a possiblity for ur QB to throw a deep one to the endzone when there in prime Winning the game FG range.. And when the CB is Nhamdi and he has solid positoning on the much inexpierenced barden, it makes it even more crazy!

That play was flat out stupid.. Eli is awesome, but lets be real.. That was just Stupid, and there is no other way to put it...

shockeyisjesus
10-01-2012, 04:05 AM
You are assuming that Eli is not going to try that pass, you can't do that, that's why they play the came and we watch the games, just click rewind on your Madden game and try agian, doesn't work that way in the real world.

You have no real understanding of football.......Madden logic isn't being used here, it was simply a statement to say that anyone with even a modicum of football intelligence should understand that Coughlin mismanaged the clock. Congrats on not being among that group.

Captain Chaos
10-01-2012, 07:00 AM
1:54 to get a field goal is plenty of time, TC did the right thing, it was up to the offense to move the ball and get them in range. It simply didn't happen. Unbelievable, Madden.....

RoanokeFan
10-01-2012, 07:01 AM

That's ridiculous

GMENAGAIN
10-01-2012, 07:29 AM

Wow? Is this the first football game you ever watched?

yoeddy
10-01-2012, 09:27 AM

AT THE VERY LEAST.

If the Eagles picked up a 1st down, we'd have had no time-outs after the 2 minute warning and the Eagles win the game.

GMENAGAIN
10-01-2012, 10:03 AM
You have no real understanding of football.......Madden logic isn't being used here, it was simply a statement to say that anyone with even a modicum of football intelligence should understand that Coughlin mismanaged the clock. Congrats on not being among that group.

. . . . from the guy with the screen name "Shockeyisjesus" . . . . . tool

Zaggs
10-01-2012, 10:08 AM
The bottom line is its a decison that shoulden't even go through ur mind, ever.. The fact that its even a possiblity for ur QB to throw a deep one to the endzone when there in prime Winning the game FG range.. And when the CB is Nhamdi and he has solid positoning on the much inexpierenced barden, it makes it even more crazy!

That play was flat out stupid.. Eli is awesome, but lets be real.. That was just Stupid, and there is no other way to put it...

I get the feeling you don't actually watch Eli pass much. He (out of necessity) gives his receivers a chance to make a play on the ball. Thats what he did with Barden. Had Barden just waited and made it a jump ball, either he gets it or it goes out. Course it would have been helpful for Barden to just run over Nhamdi as he was allowed to basically hip check Barden to the sideline (pretty sure thats illegal). But if you're going to throw deep, it was a good throw. Anywhere else and if Barden gets it and gets tackled they would have had a problem clocking it.

Moke
10-01-2012, 10:10 AM
As soon as he ****ing mentioned madden, he lost all credibility and I stopped reading. Good job! I won't ever read your posts again.

Ruttiger711
10-01-2012, 10:10 AM
I get the feeling you don't actually watch Eli pass much. He (out of necessity) gives his receivers a chance to make a play on the ball. Thats what he did with Barden. Had Barden just waited and made it a jump ball, either he gets it or it goes out. Course it would have been helpful for Barden to just run over Nhamdi as he was allowed to basically hip check Barden to the sideline (pretty sure thats illegal). But if you're going to throw deep, it was a good throw. Anywhere else and if Barden gets it and gets tackled they would have had a problem clocking it.

Eli said in hindsight he should have thrown it more towards his back shoulder - per Bob Papa on Sirius this morning.

BigBlue1971
10-01-2012, 10:15 AM

it had nothing to do with clock management! Eli still managed to get the offense within range in plenty of time!

the timeouts were fine it was the refs bad call on Barden that contributed to losing the game imo!

shockeyisjesus
10-03-2012, 05:34 AM
If the Eagles picked up a 1st down, we'd have had no time-outs after the 2 minute warning and the Eagles win the game.

That's why I took the necessary time to write that it was a goal line situation. You can't pick up a first down in a goal line situation.

Jesus we have some dumb fans.

Is there another board for Giants fans with a clue about football so I don't have to talk to some of you chimps?

shockeyisjesus
10-03-2012, 05:36 AM
. . . . from the guy with the screen name "Shockeyisjesus" . . . . . tool

You realize at one time, before the idiot bangwagon fans arrived like the majority of posters in this thread, Shockey was a very popular player with Giants fans. I was posting here back then. Where were you?

Ok then......tool.

shockeyisjesus
10-03-2012, 05:38 AM
As soon as he ****ing mentioned madden, he lost all credibility and I stopped reading. Good job! I won't ever read your posts again.

You joined a couple months ago and have 1,000 posts. Not only that but you completely and totally failed to understand that Madden has nothing to do wit the point I made.

Please do me a favor and never respond to one of my posts ever again because you are wasting valuable bandwidth with your stupidity.

shockeyisjesus
10-03-2012, 05:41 AM
it had nothing to do with clock management! Eli still managed to get the offense within range in plenty of time!

the timeouts were fine it was the refs bad call on Barden that contributed to losing the game imo!

At least that is a reasonable response. Agreed the pass interference was a huge part of the outcome but I honestly think we could have overcome it with an extra 10 seconds to get 1 more play off and then have the FG team rush onto the field for a 45 yarder instead of have plenty of time for a 54 yarder.

I guarantee you that Tynes and the FG unit CONSTANTLY practice running onto the field, from the sidelines, in late game situations and trying to get a FG off in under 20 seconds.

I'd bet you every dollar I have that is something they work on nearly every single day in practice. And if they aren't, they damn well should be. Those extra 10 seconds were big regardless of what some of our lower IQ posters manage to bang out on their keyboards like those chimps trying to write Shakespeare.

Hooligans
10-03-2012, 07:31 AM

No, it was that moron Barden that lost the game......time to bench that slow poke and get Randle in the game.

GMENAGAIN
10-03-2012, 07:50 AM
You realize at one time, before the idiot bangwagon fans arrived like the majority of posters in this thread, Shockey was a very popular player with Giants fans. I was posting here back then. Where were you?

Ok then......tool.

Eh, Shockey was never popular enough to make Shockeyisjesus a non-gay screen name . . . . .

SweetZombieJesus
10-03-2012, 07:50 AM
Not Madden rationale.......I'm stating that anyone who has even a basic understanding of football, even if it just comes from having played Madden a couple times, understands you take your timeouts BEFORE the two minute warning.

You entirely missed the point. Please don't "enter the room" again because you aren't bringing much into it.

One Jesus to another, I agree that the final sequence was borked, but for a different reason. They were in field goal range (ball at the 35 for 3 downs and then after the interference two more downs at the 27). Kill some clock, kick field goal, win. The win was in hand and they snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

However, "anyone who has even a basic understanding of football" would know KEVIN GILBRIDE is calling the plays not TOM COUGHLIN, and even if he were wouldn't be such an idiot to think that "having played Madden a couple times" trumps a man who has been an NFL head coach for 20 years.

SweetZombieJesus
10-03-2012, 07:52 AM

Ok then......tool.

56 posts... If they're all gems like this, please go back to hibernation.

nycisgreat
10-03-2012, 10:23 AM
Hind sight is always 20/20. What's done is done. There is nothing that we can do to change that.

repeatchamps
10-03-2012, 10:35 AM
refs bad call on Barden that contributed to losing the game imo!

Can't agree that it was a bad call and I am usually the first one to tear into the refs lol. Run the ball up the gut instead of throwing to Barden and you don't give the refs an easy target to make a call.

RoanokeFan
10-03-2012, 10:50 AM
He took both timeouts when the Eagles had the ball on the OTHER SIDE of the two minute warning instead of taking them both before the two minute warning. Cost us an additional 15-20 seconds which we could have used to run 1 more play, get a little bit closer and make a closer field goal. Anyone with even half a brain who has played Madden once or twice in their lives knows you use the timeouts BEFORE the two minute warning in a goal line situation and not AFTER the two minute warning. Terrible clock management cost us this game more than the passing interference. Put the blame where it belongs folks! What did you think of Eli's interception in the end zone?

RoanokeFan
10-03-2012, 10:53 AM
At least that is a reasonable response. Agreed the pass interference was a huge part of the outcome but I honestly think we could have overcome it with an extra 10 seconds to get 1 more play off and then have the FG team rush onto the field for a 45 yarder instead of have plenty of time for a 54 yarder. I guarantee you that Tynes and the FG unit CONSTANTLY practice running onto the field, from the sidelines, in late game situations and trying to get a FG off in under 20 seconds. I'd bet you every dollar I have that is something they work on nearly every single day in practice. And if they aren't, they damn well should be. Those extra 10 seconds were big regardless of what some of our lower IQ posters manage to bang out on their keyboards like those chimps trying to write Shakespeare. You need to throttle back the venom

GMENAGAIN
10-03-2012, 11:04 AM
You need to throttle back the venom

. . . . although the chimps trying to write Shakespeare line is a pretty good one . . . .

TroyArcher
10-03-2012, 11:29 AM
You Madden kids are crazy. TC is going to the NFL Hall of Fame. You are going to High School.

RagTime Blue
10-03-2012, 11:33 AM
I'm sick of these Gilbride/Manning 1st and 3rd quarter timeouts when they don't like the D. It seems like nothing at the time, but while the half is running out, it can really come back to haunt you.

Just run the play. . .who knows, it might work. Or just take the 5 yards. . .timeouts are worth their weight in gold in a close game.

repeatchamps
10-03-2012, 11:41 AM
I'm sick of these Gilbride/Manning 1st and 3rd quarter timeouts when they don't like the D. It seems like nothing at the time, but while the half is running out, it can really come back to haunt you.

Or just take the 5 yards. . .timeouts are worth their weight in gold in a close game.

I agree with you but if they take delay penalties in those spots people will tear into Eli and Gilbride for taking the penalty anyway. It's a lose-lose. My contention has always been get the damn play in earlier or run the Peyton no-huddle (not the hurry up) so Eli is given more time to make adjustments when he sees things he doesn't like.

GiantGremlin
10-03-2012, 12:32 PM
Can't agree that it was a bad call and I am usually the first one to tear into the refs lol. Run the ball up the gut instead of throwing to Barden and you don't give the refs an easy target to make a call.

Agreed, Barden mauled him right in front of the ref, and was an easy call to make, however the Giants would have been better off kicking the 45 yard FG instead of attempting such a risky play. You either go for short yardage so you clock it quickly, or just kick the FG and take your chances - anything else is too risky in that situation.

eastbayblue
10-03-2012, 12:39 PM
What if we had been called for a defensive holding penalty or PI giving them a first down, you have to keep those timeouts on the other side just in case otherwise they could tun the clock down to zero. Just saying, at least we would have about a minute in that scenario.

GameTime
10-03-2012, 12:41 PM

so did the 200 yards rushing by Philly. Oh yeah and the 257 yards passing. Oh yeah and the questionable decision to pass big when a 44 yarder was available to kick.

Parademon
10-03-2012, 12:47 PM
I feel that Coach Coughlin should have kicked the FG when they were at the 26yd line. It was well within Tyne's range. There really was no good reason to go for the HR in that situation.

The Eagles didn't win that game more than we just lost it. Hopefully this L doesn't come back to haunt us later in the yr.

JimC
10-03-2012, 02:02 PM
Without going back and looking at the tape I think at the most they only lost 8 seconds by waiting for the 2 minute warning, either way, bad call going deep, wussy call not trying a quick one with 15 seconds to go.

I don't know if 15 seconds is enough to complete a 5 or 10 yard pass and get the field goal team on the field and kick the ball.

GameTime
10-03-2012, 02:08 PM
I don't know if 15 seconds is enough to complete a 5 or 10 yard pass and get the field goal team on the field and kick the ball.
only if its an out of bounds play. if not you are done.....

Drez
10-03-2012, 05:48 PM
only if its an out of bounds play. if not you are done.....
Yeah, I think I saw a quote by Eli that says the threshold for getting the FG team out there with no timeouts is 17 or 18 seconds. And even then, that's cutting it very close.

RoanokeFan
10-03-2012, 05:57 PM
Yeah, I think I saw a quote by Eli that says the threshold for getting the FG team out there with no timeouts is 17 or 18 seconds. And even then, that's cutting it very close.

As hard as it was to swallow the loss, the time left was the issue. The play called was OK, but the execution failed.

Drez
10-03-2012, 05:59 PM

I'm going through it, and I don't think that it saves much more than a couple of seconds. It also allows a defensive penalty to essentially end the game.

Quite honestly, I think if we're going to ***** about clock management, I think it would have been smarter to not use the last timeout before the FG and have 1:15 and a TO on the final drive.

Either way, clock management wasn't the issue. We actually got into FG quickly enough where we ran the ball once essentially to kill some clock (and inch a little closer). That pass play was just the perfect storm of crappiness.

Manning
10-03-2012, 06:11 PM

Just run the play. . .who knows, it might work. Or just take the 5 yards. . .timeouts are worth their weight in gold in a close game.

The TIMEOUT had to be taken. It was 3rd and 1 or 5 (can't remember) from the Eagles 40 yard line and the play clock was running down close to zero. This is a spot where you can NOT afford to take a delay of game.

Drez
10-03-2012, 06:15 PM
As hard as it was to swallow the loss, the time left was the issue. The play called was OK, but the execution failed.
Yup. But, I don't think the time left was a clock management issue as much as it was a play selection issue.

Drez
10-03-2012, 06:17 PM
The TIMEOUT had to be taken. It was 3rd and 1 or 5 (can't remember) from the Eagles 40 yard line and the play clock was running down close to zero. This is a spot where you can NOT afford to take a delay of game.
I think Ragtime was talking more generally than this game particularly. Either way, his point is that we do tend to burn quite a few timeouts because we don't have enough time to get set at the line.

RoanokeFan
10-03-2012, 06:17 PM
Yup. But, I don't think the time left was a clock management issue as much as it was a play selection issue.

In the end, we came up short :)

Drez
10-03-2012, 06:27 PM
In the end, we came up short :)
In more ways than one, lol.

BuffyBlueII
10-03-2012, 06:51 PM

That wasn’t a bad call. Barden should have had the OPI called against him because he basically gaggle ****ed Ashamouga to stop him from picking off the bad throw from Eli.

BuffyBlueII
10-03-2012, 06:53 PM
Agreed, Barden mauled him right in front of the ref, and was an easy call to make, however the Giants would have been better off kicking the 45 yard FG instead of attempting such a risky play. You either go for short yardage so you clock it quickly, or just kick the FG and take your chances - anything else is too risky in that situation.

+1

JPP=BEASTMODE
10-03-2012, 07:15 PM
He took both timeouts when the Eagles had the ball on the OTHER SIDE of the two minute warning instead of taking them both before the two minute warning.Cost us an additional 15-20 seconds which we could have used to run 1 more play, get a little bit closer and make a closer field goal.Anyone with even half a brain who has played Madden once or twice in their lives knows you use the timeouts BEFORE the two minute warning in a goal line situation and not AFTER the two minute warning.Terrible clock management cost us this game more than the passing interference.Put the blame where it belongs folks!I don't know if you noticed, but there was a black unicorn running free in the Eagles secondary on the Barden opi play.

RoanokeFan
10-03-2012, 07:25 PM
I don't know if you noticed, but there was a black unicorn running free in the Eagles secondary on the Barden opi play.

They had to go to the sideline to stop the clock

dave56dj
10-03-2012, 07:42 PM
Coughlin alone did not LOSE us the game - all 53 did including the coaches. Thats said Tom almost always uses those TO's pre 2 minute warning and while many on here are just going crazy with the OP's side points - the point about taking those time outs pre 2 minute warning is a valid one. Yes more time would have helped - and we can certainly look at that going fwd - but to blame the loss on this alone is just not fair. Again it is valid and could have saved us time - and thats what we needed - but we can point to MANY other plays as well. Still for those who are willing to look at the giants without blinders it is a fair point. But my gosh - sometimes you also have to say - look - this is the guy who has won 2sb's and if he occasionally goes away from convention i will give him some slack because damned if he hasn't earned it.

JPP=BEASTMODE
10-03-2012, 10:08 PM
They had to go to the sideline to stop the clock If Bennett caught the ball it would of easily been a TD.

Drez
10-03-2012, 11:21 PM
If Bennett caught the ball it would of easily been a TD.
I doubt it. There was a safety that peeled off coverage from Bennett once the ball was thrown Barden's way.

MikeyMike01
10-04-2012, 12:02 AM
I doubt it. There was a safety that peeled off coverage from Bennett once the ball was thrown Barden's way.

Even if he's down in the middle of the field, at that point there's plenty of time to clock the ball. There would have been at least 15-20 seconds to get down the field and do so.

JPP=BEASTMODE
10-04-2012, 03:02 AM
I doubt it. There was a safety that peeled off coverage from Bennett once the ball was thrown Barden's way.Yeah,but he had the safety beat.

Rat_bastich
10-04-2012, 06:07 AM
The point comes down to..the Giants should've never been in the position to let clock management or anything determine the outcome other than the Eagles coming right out and whooping their tales. The Giants made crucial mistakes that had them once again playing for the win in the 4th quarter. This time it didn't pan out.

Drez
10-04-2012, 07:30 AM
Even if he's down in the middle of the field, at that point there's plenty of time to clock the ball. There would have been at least 15-20 seconds to get down the field and do so.
Not really.

shockeyisjesus
10-04-2012, 07:44 AM
What did you think of Eli's interception in the end zone?

I thought it was the greatest pass I've ever seen Eli throw, far outweighing his throw to Manningham in the SB last year or the Helmet catch to Tyree. Someone should make it into a .gif so we can enjoy it over and over again.

Come on dude, what kind of question is that?? It was a horrible pass. What other possible answer could there be for that question......

bigjeep
10-04-2012, 08:29 AM

From hero to goat faster then a speeding bullet!

RoanokeFan
10-04-2012, 08:53 AM
I thought it was the greatest pass I've ever seen Eli throw, far outweighing his throw to Manningham in the SB last year or the Helmet catch to Tyree. Someone should make it into a .gif so we can enjoy it over and over again.

Come on dude, what kind of question is that?? It was a horrible pass. What other possible answer could there be for that question......

You're blaming Coughln for the loss. A loss is never attributed to one individual. A lot of things went wrong that created that loss including Barden's penalty, Eli's interception, lack of a running game, etc.. Teams win and teams lose.

Sarcasman
10-04-2012, 09:03 AM

Clearly you have a dizzying intellect.

Shockey.....lol; let's all pray at the altar of overrated mediocrity

GeoGoGo
10-04-2012, 02:01 PM
So what your saying is you want to rush out the field goal unit in 15-20 seconds, set up and kick a 54 yard field goal?!?!? Come on man....

But it worked once in Madden...

fansince69
10-04-2012, 02:06 PM
But it worked once in Madden...
im confused isn't that where all strategy comes from?

shockeyisjesus
10-15-2012, 04:47 AM
Clearly you have a dizzying intellect.

Shockey.....lol; let's all pray at the altar of overrated mediocrity

He wasn't overrated in 2003......when I joined this board. Where were you back then? Just curious.

BTW.......Coughlin did a fantastic job of having the team ready to play both physically and emotionally again today but dammit, he completely blew the clock management AGAIN at the end of the first half!

On 4th down, he called a timeout with 15 seconds left and a full playclock to try and attempt our FG at the end of the first half.

Why on earth he called timeout with 15 seconds left instead of running it down to 1 or 2 seconds and kicking the ball, since it was 4th down, I will NEVER know but it nearly cost us 3 points!
'
After the block field goal, San Fran ran one play and completed a 30+ yard pass and put Akers well within range for a field goal that would have made it 10-6 going into the half. Thankfully he missed for the second time in the game, but again, that was piss poor clock management by Coughlin.

A small gripe on an otherwise fantastic day but come on Tom, gotta get better with that buddy! There was absolutely no reason whatsoever not to run that clock down to 1 or 2 seconds to kick that ball. Anyone care to disagree with THAT point?