PDA

View Full Version : I like how...

giantfan1976
10-01-2012, 01:44 AM
our idiot, uninformed fans are blaming Eli for choosing to throw downfield when everyone else was double covered; but, no one is talking about the horrible decision to run in order to run the clock down. That was a great call from the sideline.

Toadofsteel
10-01-2012, 01:44 AM
our idiot, uninformed fans are blaming Eli for choosing to throw downfield when everyone else was double covered; but, no one is talking about the horrible decision to run in order to run the clock down. That was a great call from the sideline.

he could have thrown it away... we were already in FG range... then again, can't make up for Barden being terrible...

giantfan1976
10-01-2012, 01:47 AM
he could have thrown it away... we were already in FG range... then again, can't make up for Barden being terrible...

He could have. But why not throw it where the tall guy can get it. NA wasn't going to get that ball... he didn't have to interfere with the CB. You can't play assuming the worst thing possible will happen. That's what they did on the last call when they had L Tynes kick a field goal that EVERYONE knew was out of his range. They assumed that any completion would be tackled in the field of play. We saw where that got us.

Harooni
10-01-2012, 01:49 AM
15 seconds no timeout, if the run play takes 4 seconds then its very close to rushing to the line to get a spike in

Harooni
10-01-2012, 01:51 AM
1976 just realize that Eli likes those jump balls and sometimes it works and he gets the grab or PI call and sometimes it doesnt. i never liked it but that is eli's style as you say giving the rec a chance.

giantfan1976
10-01-2012, 01:52 AM
15 seconds no timeout, if the run play takes 4 seconds then its very close to rushing to the line to get a spike in

The spike isn't in play... unless you get the first down. The only play is to the sidelines. But, when you have one of the best QBs in the game, you've got to let him try to get it. Everyone knew that was out of Tynes' range. We had a better chance statistically with a hail mary.

TrueBlue@NYC
10-01-2012, 01:53 AM
He could have. But why not throw it where the tall guy can get it. NA wasn't going to get that ball... he didn't have to interfere with the CB. You can't play assuming the worst thing possible will happen. That's what they did on the last call when they had L Tynes kick a field goal that EVERYONE knew was out of his range. They assumed that any completion would be tackled in the field of play. We saw where that got us.

If Barden doesn't interfere with NA that's almost definitly a pick. Sometimes you just have to know when to throw it away. Eli made up his mind as soon as he saw single coverage to throw it up to Barden, unfortunately he wasn't open. That's just poor situational football. You have to know that you're already in FG range and that protecting the ball should have been paramount.

bigblue58

Dude..are you nuts? Going for a TD for what reason? We only needed the FG to win it! Throwing that ball was just plain idiotic after 2 gift wrapped PI calls on Philthy put us in winning FG range. They needed only to run twice, pick up what they could and set Tynes up in the middle of the field.
I don't blame Eli for the pass because it wasn't his call....same with the INT in the endzone earlier. Gilbride is a pass happy moron in the red Zone!

Harooni
The spike isn't in play... unless you get the first down. The only play is to the sidelines. But, when you have one of the best QBs in the game, you've got to let him try to get it. Everyone knew that was out of Tynes' range. We had a better chance statistically with a hail mary. it wasnt 3rd down was it?

giantfan1976
10-01-2012, 01:56 AM
1976 just realize that Eli likes those jump balls and sometimes it works and he gets the grab or PI call and sometimes it doesnt. i never liked it but that is eli's style as you say giving the rec a chance.

Harooni, I realize you're not a fan of Eli... never have been. I give you credit for laying low for the past few years. But when the guy is the only player you have, you've got to give him the ball. He threw for 309 yards with that "tossing it up to the receivers" strategy and Barden beat NA all day. It was the right play and Barden made a stupid mistake. If anyone has a problem with Eli, it should be the INT... but he was still the only reason NY was in the game.

giantfan1976
10-01-2012, 01:57 AM
it wasnt 3rd down was it?

Yeah... Third and 15 or 19... I don't remember. But if you run a short play you won't be able to spike the ball.

sharick88
10-01-2012, 01:57 AM
If you want to blame the offense for anything, blame them for yet another slow start. Why it takes them about 2 quarters to actually get it going is beyond me. In the first quarter alone we had starting field position near midfield twice and got nothing to show for it.

repeatchamps
10-01-2012, 01:59 AM
it wasnt 3rd down was it?

Barden's PI was on 3rd and 9. Spike was not an option this time. The first and second down plays were awful and the Barden play was super awful. 100% on the coaches for terrible management after the 2nd PI on Philly.

bigblue58
10-01-2012, 02:01 AM
The spike isn't in play... unless you get the first down. The only play is to the sidelines. But, when you have one of the best QBs in the game, you've got to let him try to get it. Everyone knew that was out of Tynes' range. We had a better chance statistically with a hail mary.

Out of Tynes range? it was only a 39yd FG before Barden's Offensive PI backed them up 15 yds turning it into a 54 yd attempt!

giantfan1976
10-01-2012, 02:03 AM
Dude..are you nuts? Going for a TD for what reason? We only needed the FG to win it! Throwing that ball was just plain idiotic after 2 gift wrapped PI calls on Philthy put us in winning FG range. They needed only to run twice, pick up what they could and set Tynes up in the middle of the field.
I don't blame Eli for the pass because it wasn't his call....same with the INT in the endzone earlier. Gilbride is a pass happy moron in the red Zone!

bigblue58: If only post count meant something where football sense is concerned... unfortunately, from those on this thread, it shows that it really doesn't. You're all over Gilbride for the calls. You do realize that Eli goes to the line with two pass plays and a running play that he gets to determine based on the defense. And the running play can be switched to go to the other side of the field... so that equals a total of 4 plays that Eli determines. Beyond that, on the passing plays, there are normally at least three routes that the receivers/TE/RB run. Eli has a few options on every play. This isn't sandlot ball where Gilbride tells Eli which man to which the ball should be throw. Eli went with what WORKED ALL DAY. I didn't say going for the TD was the right call. I've been saying that LT is not dependable from beyond 40 yards and because Barden beat NA all day (or was getting flags thrown when he didn't) it was the right decision. So, no, I'm not nuts.

giantfan1976
10-01-2012, 02:04 AM
It was 42.

giantfan1976
10-01-2012, 02:05 AM
repeatchamps - I agree completely. Except the only bad part of the "Barden play" was his pass interference. Not the decision to go there.

repeatchamps
10-01-2012, 02:08 AM
bigblue58: If only post count meant something where football sense is concerned... unfortunately, from those on this thread, it shows that it really doesn't. You're all over Gilbride for the calls. You do realize that Eli goes to the line with two pass plays and a running play that he gets to determine based on the defense. And the running play can be switched to go to the other side of the field... so that equals a total of 4 plays that Eli determines. Beyond that, on the passing plays, there are normally at least three routes that the receivers/TE/RB run. Eli has a few options on every play. This isn't sandlot ball where Gilbride tells Eli which man to which the ball should be throw. Eli went with what WORKED ALL DAY. I didn't say going for the TD was the right call. I've been saying that LT is not dependable from beyond 40 yards and because Barden beat NA all day (or was getting flags thrown when he didn't) it was the right decision. So, no, I'm not nuts.

repeatchamps - I agree completely. Except the only bad part of the "Barden play" was his pass interference. Not the decision to go there.

I hear what you are saying but coaches need to take better charge in this situation. They should tell Eli run the ball nothing else is acceptable. Normally I would have no issue with trusting Eli to make the right read but in this situation the coaches must yell in his helmet: Run the ball is your only play this time! Clearly that didn't happen. This loss is on the coaches' heads.

I'll also add that no ability to spike is a non-issue. Plenty of time to run Tynes out there after a run play. Reid would end up calling timeout to freeze the kicker anyway.

Harooni
10-01-2012, 02:08 AM
im certainly not blaming Eli for the loss, yes again the offense had that typical do little the first half game, and also the int in the endzone. but plenty of blame to go all around. coaches lb's de's rolle running backs , all could have done better and we win this game.

PRGiant
10-01-2012, 02:18 AM
Plenty of blame but i think thats a pick if barden doesnt rape NA

giantfan1976
10-01-2012, 02:19 AM
I hear what you are saying but coaches need to take better charge in this situation. They should tell Eli run the ball nothing else is acceptable. Normally I would have no issue with trusting Eli to make the right read but in this situation the coaches must yell in his helmet: Run the ball is your only play this time! Clearly that didn't happen. This loss is on the coaches' heads.

I'll also add that no ability to spike is a non-issue. Plenty of time to run Tynes out there after a run play. Reid would end up calling timeout to freeze the kicker anyway.

Yes, normally it is completely understood that you run the ball... IF YOU'RE IN RANGE. You must like Tynes a lot more than I do because 43 yards is no "gimme" for that dude. I'm passing the ball there because it worked all day. You obviously disagree, so we can chalk that up to a difference in stratagy. But, I think you're wrong on the run the ball one more time and still get him out there for the kick. I don't know anyone who thinks that could have happened... and I certainly wouldn't risk it for the two yards (at most) that AB would have picked up.

giantfan1976
10-01-2012, 02:20 AM
Out of Tynes range? it was only a 39yd FG before Barden's Offensive PI backed them up 15 yds turning it into a 54 yd attempt!

No, it was 43.

G-MENBK
10-01-2012, 02:22 AM
No, it was 43.

44. The penalty pushed us back 10 yards. And let us not forget, Eli still threw the ball one more time to Hixon.