PDA

View Full Version : Our o-line is an abomination

appodictic
10-01-2012, 02:06 AM
42 passing plays 18 running plays we have completely lost our balance and our o-line is just trash.

Rushing Car Yds Avg TDs
A. Bradshaw 13 39 3 0
A. Brown 5 14 2.8 0

It is really getting depressing the watch the Giants. With our passing attack we should easily be able to run the ball. We have 3 very solid receivers as well as one very good receiving tight end. We could at least try to do what indy did and pass to our running backs.

lets give a run down:
Bass is trash not only can't he block but he cant even execute a shut gun snap. Somehow from this young 49ers team busting with talent we managed to acquire and overpay their crappiest player.

Beaty- What is he good for? beats me. Can't block cant catch

Lets make a Deihl- Worst oline player in the NFL.

Locklear the only person doing a decent job considering what stage of his career he is in.

Snee/Suebert I cant even remember who is left. In short nothing to write home about.

giantfan1976
10-01-2012, 02:07 AM
42 passing plays 18 running plays we have completely lost our balance and our o-line is just trash.

Rushing Car Yds Avg TDs
A. Bradshaw 13 39 3 0
A. Brown 5 14 2.8 0

It is really getting depressing the watch the Giants. With our passing attack we should easily be able to run the ball. We have 3 very solid receivers as well as one very good receiving tight end. We could at least try to do what indy did and pass to our running backs.

lets give a run down:
Bass is trash not only can't he block but he cant even execute a shut gun snap. Somehow from this young 49ers team busting with talent we managed to acquire and overpay their crappiest player.

Locklear the only person doing a decent job considering what stage of his career he is in.

Snee/Suebert I cant even remember who is left. In short nothing to write home about.

Good, but sad, post. I agree completely. It might be the worst in football.

Overdrive92
10-01-2012, 02:08 AM
Is that what you're calling those 5 big dudes out there? An O-Line?

FUUFNF
10-01-2012, 02:10 AM

LOL... Really?... Do you even follow the Giants?

ANON837
10-01-2012, 02:17 AM
I have been talking about the OL the day they let Luke go. I wanted the front office to make it a priority. Everything starts in the trenches. Reese has got to look for talent above the 4th round. You can't always expect find gems late every year especially when you have a franchise QB you need to protect. Even if they had won the game the issue would still be there.

Toadofsteel
10-01-2012, 02:18 AM
Guess DD isn't the problem, though he's still getting up there.

FUUFNF
10-01-2012, 02:19 AM
I will say this though... Baas was terrible, completely and utterly awful tonight... What the heck is going on with his shotgun snaps?

appodictic
10-01-2012, 02:22 AM
I will say this though... Baas was terrible, completely and utterly awful tonight... What the heck is going on with his shotgun snaps? hes a scared little girl. Too busy praying he can hold a block for more then 1.5 seconds to focus on his snap.

dave56dj
10-01-2012, 03:00 AM
Kept eli clean against one of the best pass rushes in the league. Not saying they were great but hard to kill them against that line. And you have been calling for a better o line since LUKE left? We have two rings since then - you can't draft everywhere but what they have done has been amazing (draft wise)

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 03:04 AM
They did better as the game went on protecting Eli but they have not been able to run in this team since early 2008.

Harooni
10-01-2012, 03:16 AM
Eli's sack totals say they have improved. but yes work in progress

Redeyejedi
10-01-2012, 06:52 AM

Rushing Car Yds Avg TDs
A. Bradshaw 13 39 3 0
A. Brown 5 14 2.8 0

lets give a run down:

Snee/Suebert I cant even remember who is left. In short nothing to write home about.This is the same stat line u will see every time we played the Eagles since the first game in 2008. Its the primary reason they keep beating the giants. Giants havent had a 100 yard rusher since 2008. The only time they ran it well was the 1st game last year and they won

Captain Chaos
10-01-2012, 06:54 AM
It's still a work in progress, but our run game is terrible!

giantyankee1976
10-01-2012, 08:06 AM
The funny thing is prior to the Season, during Pre-Season and thus far, most of us viewed the O-Line as suspect and the weakest link.

That messed up snap Baas delivered, where the ball skittered on the turf was one of those moments when you're like, why the F not?

And the run-blocking?

In perspective, this is the Egirls, they have had our ticket for some time now. We had a chance at a comeback but Barden's penalty pushed them back enough to have factored in the (2nd) kick.

PS
I miss Tiki when it comes to the Egirls...and the O-Lines of that time

Cool Papa B.
10-01-2012, 08:28 AM
They did better as the game went on protecting Eli but they have not been able to run in this team since early 2008.

In the 3 games this Oline has played, Eli has only been sacked once. Though Eli was under a lot of pressure in the first half, we should take into consideration the team we are playing. The Eaghles rotate 9 DLinemen so they were always fresh.

In terms of the running game, I'm still not sure how good they are with that. I don't know if TC just feels a sense of loyalty to Bradshaw, but Brown only got the ball 5 times.....5 TIMES!!!!! Brown is better at running north-to-south and finding the holes than Bradshaw right now. Not sure why he didn't use Brown more.

swimeasy
10-01-2012, 09:14 AM
Baas has been having snap issues since last year. The response has been 'he was new' and learning. Giants acquired him from 49ers as an experienced center and he got a big contract. Now he has had more than sufficient time to 'learn' the system. Still botching snaps, which is as essential a procedure to a center as 'high and tight' ball protection is to the RBs. He needs to make this a practice priority whether or not someone tells him he has to do it.

The Eagles 'wide-9" defense left them naturally vulnerable up the middle as the emphasis was on the edges. It was clear TC was trying to exploit this, but gaps still seemed hard to come by. I know Wilson bobbled a pitch, but I couldn't help but wonder what his explosive acceleration might have done to get passed the LBs in this situation. Hindsight for sure, and the OL did settle in with better pass protection for Eli, but I agree, the running game is still an issue with this OL and I continue to shake my head at Baas.

giantsfam04
10-01-2012, 09:19 AM
42 pass attempts 0 sacks against one of the best fronts in the league. If I were to put that stat line out there after week one and two no one would have believed it.

RoanokeFan
10-01-2012, 09:23 AM
I will say this though... Baas was terrible, completely and utterly awful tonight... What the heck is going on with his shotgun snaps?

This I agree with. I'd move Boothe to center. He has some errant snaps as well, but his hit Eli in the face and there are fewer of them.

swimeasy
10-01-2012, 09:45 AM
This I agree with. I'd move Boothe to center. He has some errant snaps as well, but his hit Eli in the face and there are fewer of them.

IA Ro. Likely other teams will now be game planning based on this game and Boothe was a very capable replacement when Baas was injured last year.

Zaggs
10-01-2012, 09:51 AM
42 pass attempts 0 sacks against one of the best fronts in the league. If I were to put that stat line out there after week one and two no one would have believed it.

Except sacks do not tell the whole story. First off, Eli has gotten better at just throwing the ball away. Second there were plenty of throws last night Eli couldn't complete because he had no room to step forward and drive his pass in due to the pressure.
O-line was a concern in the off season which outside of Locklear was never addressed.

Morehead State
10-01-2012, 09:57 AM
We had a lot of normal problems last night...I just don't think the O line was really one of them.
Philly played very well on defense last night. We still moved the ball and had a chance to win.
Just a tough loss. There were no glaring problems that I could see. Just a hard fought game where we barely came up short.

gumby74
10-01-2012, 10:04 AM
We had a lot of normal problems last night...I just don't think the O line was really one of them.
Philly played very well on defense last night. We still moved the ball and had a chance to win.
Just a tough loss. There were no glaring problems that I could see. Just a hard fought game where we barely came up short.

If we tried to run it up the middle and the ball got stripped so we lost, I would have been fine. But the play call/decision was just stupid. I mean, really?!

Robert21156
10-04-2012, 04:22 PM
Kept eli clean against one of the best pass rushes in the league. Not saying they were great but hard to kill them against that line. And you have been calling for a better o line since LUKE left? We have two rings since then - you can't draft everywhere but what they have done has been amazing (draft wise)
Actually, they only "kept Eli clean" because Eli threw the ball away several times instead of getting sacked. They did block a little better in the 2nd half, but as I've said many times, Eli rarely has room to step up into the pocket to get his throws off, and that's why he throws some off his back foot and has mechanical breakdowns from time to time.

GameTime
10-04-2012, 04:25 PM
Eli leads the league in passing yards
Cruz leads the league in catches and first down receptions

the oline has issue but it is not an abomination......

Robert21156
10-04-2012, 04:26 PM
Yeah, stats can be REALLY deceiving as well. How many times did Eli really throw the ball away just to avoid a sack in the game? A LOT. So you can site the "no sacks" stat, but it's reflected in Eli's completion percentage being lower than normal.

Robert21156
10-04-2012, 04:28 PM
Eli's sack totals say they have improved. but yes work in progress
Harooni, you know that Eli threw several passes away just to avoid the sack. So no one can genuinely site the "no sacks" stat and really believe it.

TuckandRolle
10-04-2012, 04:30 PM
I have to defend Beatty here. Has played extremely well this year. Was up against Trent Cole all game last week and did a pretty good job. Snee is getting older but can still hold his own. Locklear is treading water. Diehl and Baas have been major disappointments this year, DD needs to retire and Baas needs to get his head out of his ***. We need to get our push back if we are going to have any chance at creating run lanes.

With all this being said, sooner or later we need to give Wilson another shot. He just has much too much talent and speed to not be given another chance. His quickness can get him through holes seconds before Bradshaw or Brown would approach them.

Eliscruzzz
10-04-2012, 04:32 PM
Our o-line is not as bad as some of your are saying just because we threw the ball more doesn't mean our o-line sucked just means we were behind and we were behind that whole game on Sunday. Our o-line was terrible against Dallas and the 1st half against Tampa but has been formidable every since then.

TroyArcher
10-04-2012, 05:09 PM

Rushing Car Yds Avg TDs
A. Bradshaw 13 39 3 0
A. Brown 5 14 2.8 0

lets give a run down:

Seubert, he retired two years ago. I think Boothe has played well. Snee has been OK. Beatty is just back so you have to give him some time. I agerr that Baas and Diehl are bad.

jaxnygmen
10-04-2012, 07:03 PM
The OL has been an issue for a few years. We have not really added super quality here. I think it is time to either draft to bookends or grab one in free agency and draft another. That OL is getting up there in years.

moosedrool
10-04-2012, 07:53 PM
Thru 4 games the cumulative PFF rankings for the OL ranked best to worst

Beatty +7.8
Snee +4.6
Locklear +0.2
Baas -1.0
Diehl -7.8
Boothe -7.8

Hopefully Diehl does not go back into the starting lineup when he is healthy. And Boothe doesn't catch much heat in these forums but he is playing pretty bad too. So much for the reshaped body.

TheEnigma
10-04-2012, 08:00 PM
Yeah Boothe needs to pick up his game but it should be noted that he reached that negative score in 4 games versus Diehl's 2. Beatty also reached his positive score mainly through these recent 2 games. Looking like a C/G would be a nice position to pick up in next year's draft.

joemorrisforprez
10-04-2012, 10:47 PM
Amazing how the offensive line looked good with Andre Brown, and crappy with Ahmad Bradshaw.

Buddy333
10-04-2012, 11:35 PM
No it's not amazing. Tampa and the Panthers are not good teams. Dallas and the Eagles have much better defenses.

jomo
10-04-2012, 11:52 PM
You all need to watch the Cardinal and Rams lines before dumping on our OL.

joemorrisforprez
10-04-2012, 11:58 PM
No it's not amazing. Tampa and the Panthers are not good teams. Dallas and the Eagles have much better defenses.

The Buccaneers are tied with Baltimore and the 49ers for the 3rd best rushing defense in the NFL.....teams are averaging 3.2 yards per attempt. In yards per game, they are ranked 4th best in the NFL, and again, better than San Francisco.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing/sort/rushingYardsPerGame/position/defense

Against the Bucs:

Bradshaw: 16 yards.....3.2 yards per carry.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/10693/ahmad-bradshaw

Brown: 71 yards.....5.5 yards per carry
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/12490/andre-brown

Just for the record: Bradshaw is one of the reasons why the Giants lost last week. As another poster pointed out, on 1st and 10 on the Eagles 26, he bailed on a play and got 1 stinking yard, instead of a major gain that would have placed the Giants inside a 40 yarder for Tynes.

Long story short, Bradshaw makes the offensive line look worse than it is. Eventually, though, this nonsense with Bradshaw will stop. I'm guessing it will be this Sunday.

Buddy333
10-05-2012, 12:06 AM
Bradshaw is not the reason they lost last week. There many reasons why they lost. You could also say that Bradshaw saved Eli from being hit many times during the game because of his blocking. The Giants where also trailing for a good portion of the Tampa game so the running game had a better chance of working. Not taking anything away from Brown, I do like him.

appodictic
10-05-2012, 12:10 AM
Kept eli clean against one of the best pass rushes in the league. Not saying they were great but hard to kill them against that line. And you have been calling for a better o line since LUKE left? We have two rings since then - you can't draft everywhere but what they have done has been amazing (draft wise) yea on the first series Eli had to throw like 4 balls away because the giants olines were like turn styles. Collinsworth "Pressure on eli manning that had to throw off balance the entire series"

joemorrisforprez
10-05-2012, 12:11 AM
Bradshaw is not the reason they lost last week. There many reasons why they lost. You could also say that Bradshaw saved Eli from being hit many times during the game because of his blocking. The Giants where also trailing for a good portion of the Tampa game so the running game had a better chance of working. Not taking anything away from Brown, I do like him.

Bradshaw is one of the reasons why the Giants lost. Once again, he was ineffective running the ball. His last run was the final straw with me......he bailed on the play, when if he trusted his blockers he would have picked up enough to give Tynes a great shot to win the game.

I'm frankly sick and tired of hearing what a great blocker he is.....Brown and Eli looked great back there together in their 2 wins.

This Sunday is going to be it..... Bradshaw will continue to make the offensive line look like crap.....the boobirds will come out, and then they'll hand the rock to Brown and suddenly the offense will come to life.......just like in the Bucs game.

Buddy333
10-05-2012, 12:13 AM
The OL looks bad because they where bad las year, they where bad during the pre season, and they are still bad.

joemorrisforprez
10-05-2012, 12:18 AM
The OL looks bad because they where bad las year, they where bad during the pre season, and they are still bad.

Andre Brown refutes this claim. Period.

Buddy333
10-05-2012, 12:21 AM
Yeah against 2 teams that are a combined 2-6.

appodictic
10-05-2012, 01:23 AM
Re-watching the game the worst culprit of the game might be booth. On one sequence the giants run on first down the line makes a big hole on the right side and bradshaw runs for 8. on the next play 77 booth has a defender right infront of him, when the ball is snapped he turns left and the defender runs right by him bradshaw gets hit three yards behind the line of scrimmage. I have seen three instances of this already, amazing he is so confused by who he things he is supposed to block he turns, and then someone runs right up the spot he left.

joemorrisforprez
10-05-2012, 01:28 AM
Yeah against 2 teams that are a combined 2-6.

If Bradshaw stayed in v. the Bucs, the Giants would be 1-3 right now.

Again.....we are talking two runningbacks, playing behind the same offensive line, against the same team, on the same day...... I can't think of better control conditions than that if you want to compare two runningbacks.

2011: "It's not Bradshaw's fault.....nobody can run behind that crappy line."
2012: "It's still not Bradshaw's fault....even though Andre Brown looks great behind the same line."

appodictic
10-05-2012, 02:10 AM
If Bradshaw stayed in v. the Bucs, the Giants would be 1-3 right now.

Again.....we are talking two runningbacks, playing behind the same offensive line, against the same team, on the same day...... I can't think of better control conditions than that if you want to compare two runningbacks.

2011: "It's not Bradshaw's fault.....nobody can run behind that crappy line."
2012: "It's still not Bradshaw's fault....even though Andre Brown looks great behind the same line."

I think your confused because bradshaw out rushed Brown YPC. Bradshaw was also more effective catching out of the backfield. He had a screen go for 20.

appodictic
10-05-2012, 02:12 AM
I think your confused because bradshaw out rushed Brown YPC. Bradshaw was also more effective catching out of the backfield. He had a screen go for 20. this is the eagles game I am talking about. BTW in the game brown went out limping.

joemorrisforprez
10-05-2012, 02:14 AM
I think your confused because bradshaw out rushed Brown YPC. Bradshaw was also more effective catching out of the backfield. He had a screen go for 20.

I can only go by what I see watching the games.....Brown is simply a more effective running back right now.

Bradshaw is clearly off his peak from 2010. It happens pretty quickly with running backs. Bradhshaw was once so explosive that it didnt' matter that he was an impatient runner. Now, it's just glaring.

Rat_bastich
10-05-2012, 03:20 AM
I know its all supposed to be a one game at a time mentality, but looking past the Browns you have the 49ers, Redskins, Dallas, Steelers, etc. coming up. A bunch of pass rushing defenses that will give the O-line a heap o' hell if they don't gel quickly.

Hopefully the Giants having their backs against a wall will force them to get better or Eli might not make it through the year...especially the 49ers' game.

baywest
10-05-2012, 04:23 AM
You have no idea what your talking about you need to just stop giving your opinion. Go to NFL Replay and look how Beatty played one of the best lineman in the NFL. Then tell what you think of Beatty. Read what Dan Grasiano said about Beatty after he replayed the Game. His headline was Will Beatty handled Trent Cole. Read the article then maybe you won't put these dumb comment on this site.

baywest
10-05-2012, 04:35 AM
THE Professional Football Focus stated that Beatty TOOK HIS JOB FROM LOCKLEAR. TOOK TOOK TOOK TOOK. LOCKLEAR IS GOOD BUT HIS A RIGHT TACKLE HE DOES NOT HAVE THE FEET THAT BEATTY HAS. BUT WHEN DIEHL COMES BACK WATCH WHO THEY SIT ON THE BENCH. THEN YOU MIGHT LEARN SOMETHING ABOUT THE OLINE. ONE MORE POINT BEATTY HAS PLAYED THREE GAME NO SACKS.

Captain Chaos
10-05-2012, 06:31 AM
I'll tell you one thing I was tired of watching the eagles DT in the backfield all day. Don't know if it was Boothe or Baas but someone wasn't carrying the water. I think the problem is more about the middle right now....

Buddy333
10-05-2012, 08:06 AM
If Bradshaw stayed in v. the Bucs, the Giants would be 1-3 right now.Again.....we are talking two runningbacks, playing behind the same offensive line, against the same team, on the same day...... I can't think of better control conditions than that if you want to compare two runningbacks.2011: "It's not Bradshaw's fault.....nobody can run behind that crappy line."2012: "It's still not Bradshaw's fault....even though Andre Brown looks great behind the same line."In the Tampa game they where coming from behind so the running game was more effective. The Panthers are not a good team. It's no secret that the OL has been bad. Anyone who way he's them last year knows this and because of them being so bad they need Bradshaw to help protect Eli.

Redeyejedi
10-05-2012, 09:11 AM
The Eagles have done this to the Giants for 4 years now in case anyone hasnt noticed.It hasnt mattered who the Giants centers or guards are they have been butchered by the Eagles DT's

Redeyejedi
10-05-2012, 09:20 AM
Yeah, stats can be REALLY deceiving as well. How many times did Eli really throw the ball away just to avoid a sack in the game? A LOT. So you can site the "no sacks" stat, but it's reflected in Eli's completion percentage being lower than normal. Sack numbers dont tell the whole story for example and I wish I could find the stats but Eli was the most pressured QB in the NFL last year and it wasnt even close. I believe he was pressured 80 more times then the 2nd QB on the list.

Redeyejedi
10-05-2012, 09:23 AM
While the other passers in our Top 10 list saw no more than 147 total pressures last season, Eli Manning was subjected to a massive 220 in the same number of games.

He was also pressured 91 more times in the playoffs. I bet half of them were against the 49ers. I've never seen a QB get hit like that and keep getting up