PDA

View Full Version : Tuck is such a sorry excuse for a once premier D-linemen... I mean wow... invisible

NYG4lifeNYK
10-01-2012, 06:19 AM
https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/2654862180/825c8758a4cc53814753b287130e85de_normal.jpeg Tom Rock ‏@TomRock_Newsday (https://twitter.com/TomRock_Newsday) Tuck said the Giants' defense got "gunshy" when Phillips left the game. Didn't have him back there to cover aggressive chances up front.

Are you kidding me?

All this guy does is talk talk talk nowadays and make excuses.... I love Tuck I really do but he does not back up his play anymore... Osi either.

Osi doesn't get a pass but Tuck is being called out because he's the leader of this team and a sorry excuse for one.

What happened to the Tuck of 10, 12, 11.5 sacks? The guy who used to overpower anyone with brtue strength and a hunger to get to the QB?

Tuck at one point might of been the best DE in all of football. He was easily top 3. Now....? What a fall off :confused:

Vick at times had all day in the pocket..... we're the only damn team that can't get to him it's unfathomable. The only team.... instead of having 6+ sacks against the worst O-line in the NFL we had 2 and not much pressure all game.

Captain Chaos
10-01-2012, 06:37 AM
Wow, I don't think you can blame this one on Tuck, and watching a couple of plays where they were double teaming him and he was still getting through, I'm not sure that I agree.

NYG4lifeNYK
10-01-2012, 06:41 AM
Wow, I don't think you can blame this one on Tuck, and watching a couple of plays where they were double teaming him and he was still getting through, I'm not sure that I agree.

Tuck talks too much.

That's pretty disappointing to hear him say they got gunshy because Kp went down...

Regardless Tuck is not getting it done as a pass rusher :(

NYG4lifeNYK
10-01-2012, 06:34 PM
Does no one else have a problem with these statements? Quite frankly excuses...

slipknottin
10-01-2012, 06:37 PM
Well, I dont really fault him. More feel bad for him that his body has really given out on him. He looked to me to be favoring his shoulder most of the game.

He really just has not ever been the same players since that Flozell Adams trip. I really would not be surprised if he retired after this season

GameTime
10-01-2012, 06:39 PM
so what he is saying is the Caoch changed the scheme for there pressure. Not to say they were gettin gthat much to begin with.

NYGabriel
10-01-2012, 06:42 PM
Vick hasn't been sacked by a D Lineman this season.

slipknottin
10-01-2012, 06:45 PM
Vick hasn't been sacked by a D Lineman this season.

Well, he has played 2 3-4 defenses... Cardinals for instance, their OLBs sacked Vick 3 times.

Diamondring
10-01-2012, 06:46 PM
Fewell is at fault for noth blitzing. Vick can run and we need fast defenders on him.

greenca190
10-01-2012, 06:47 PM
what the hell does gunshy mean

greenca190
ooooh gun shy

TheEnigma
Well, I dont really fault him. More feel bad for him that his body has really given out on him. He looked to me to be favoring his shoulder most of the game.

He really just has not ever been the same players since that Flozell Adams trip. I really would not be surprised if he retired after this season

If not this season, 2013 would most likely be his last. One good note is that our FO is great at finding pass rushers so I'm not too worried about the future in this regard. I think we get another good one in the 2013 draft.

GMenOnDeck
10-01-2012, 06:51 PM
Realy cause as soon as Kenny got hurt they sent his replacement Stevie Brown on a blitz .. dont make excuses Tuck

NYG4lifeNYK
10-01-2012, 06:52 PM

So sad he was becoming THE best DE in the entire NFL. Now he's a shell of his former self :(

I thank him for all he's giving us and the great Super Bowl performances but he needs to step it up somehow, someway.

nycsportzfan
10-01-2012, 06:54 PM
The dline was embaressing.. Straight up embaressing.. If u disagree, then again ur just being a homer.. How could u possibly get less pressure then what we got? I watch a ton of NFL games, and that was the most pathetic attempt of pass rush i've seen this yr... Straight up putrid... I feel bad for JPP, because its basically been a one man show all yr.. The occasional big play from someone on the dline, but overall just slop..

nycsportzfan
10-01-2012, 06:57 PM
So sad he was becoming THE best DE in the entire NFL. Now he's a shell of his former self :(

I thank him for all he's giving us and the great Super Bowl performances but he needs to step it up somehow, someway. I seriously wonder if the SB's took the hunger away from Tuck and OSI.. I mean, maybe all the success of the postseason has made them play with alittle less hunger week to week? On top of that, there getting older... Either way, they are not that good anymore.. Thank god Reese held strong and didn't pay OSI.. I 100pct backed reese in that situation.. OSI's last yr in BLUE is happening, and i'm just hoping we'll be able to remember if for more then just him being mostly invisiible..

giant-4-life
10-01-2012, 07:00 PM
Osi looks like a fat lard in pursuit. last night in his over pursuits.. he was horrible

Eliscruzzz
10-01-2012, 07:03 PM
If not this season, 2013 would most likely be his last. One good note is that our FO is great at finding pass rushers so I'm not too worried about the future in this regard. I think we get another good one in the 2013 draft.I hoping that we get this guy from Flordia St. he wears Tuck's # IDK his name but his is legit and built just like Tuck hopefully he declares for the draft this year.....

Cloud57
10-01-2012, 07:07 PM
Tuck looks lazy and plays with no effort

Eliscruzzz
10-01-2012, 07:07 PM
Osi looks like a fat lard in pursuit. last night in his over pursuits.. he was horribleI know he getting older but I remember when Osi used to fly off the edge not anymore he is just interested is sacks and his beef with mccoy he didn't even play his containment assignment......

TheEnigma
10-01-2012, 07:12 PM
I hoping that we get this guy from Flordia St. he wears Tuck's # IDK his name but his is legit and built just like Tuck hopefully he declares for the draft this year.....

Bjoern Werner? I think the Giants would need to miss the playoffs to acquire him if he even does declare for the 2013 draft.

giantsfam04
10-01-2012, 07:16 PM
I don't know about anyone else but I was yelling at my tv to bench Osi. It seems like he doesn't care, he got some extra money this year and seems happy with just going through the motions. It is almost like he is playing not to get hurt because he knows he will hit the market in the off season. There is always a team that will over pay for a guy.

GFiP
10-01-2012, 07:20 PM
Fewell is at fault for noth blitzing. Vick can run and we need fast defenders on him. I saw 5 pass rushers a bunch of times, they just couldn't get there.

GiantWarfare
10-01-2012, 07:28 PM
Osi's an even sorrier excuse for a once premier D-Lineman.

Eliscruzzz
10-01-2012, 07:38 PM
Bjoern Werner? I think the Giants would need to miss the playoffs to acquire him if he even does declare for the 2013 draft.No it's the guy that Slip said... you think if he declares he will be off the board before playoff teams start to pick? There are a ton of very good d-linemen in the College game. I would realy want Xavier Rhodes too but I can see him definitely coming off the board early...

slipknottin
10-01-2012, 07:40 PM
Bjoern Werner? I think the Giants would need to miss the playoffs to acquire him if he even does declare for the 2013 draft.

I think he is talking about Cornellius Carradine who is #91. Werner is #95.

edit- nevermind.

Manning
10-01-2012, 07:40 PM
That stat they showed of 5 Tuck sacks since Week 3 of last year was so sad....

Eliscruzzz
10-01-2012, 07:42 PM
I think he is talking about Cornellius Carradine who is #91. Werner is #95.

edit- nevermind.no no your right my mistake

Tuckit91
10-01-2012, 07:42 PM
Tuck is one of my fav's on the Giants and his jersey is one of the many Giants jerseys i have...But it is time for him as one of the leaders to pick up his play and lead by example and after 4 games and still no sacks ,that is very disappointing! JPP is the best defensive player we have!

giantsfan420
10-01-2012, 07:43 PM
actually i went back and watched tuck specifically bc i was so disgusted with the DL, tuck didnt have a bad game at all really. he maintained his containment almost every single time, helped in the run game.

the lack of sacks is bc we have faced 4 mobile QB's in a row, and sacks can be tough to come by when guys take off at the first sense of pressure. tuck wasnt an issue last night imo, Osi literally got destroyed enough for the DL as a unit.

the 1 thing about tuck that still bothers me is how he mopes around on the field and sidelines. he literally strikes me as about to break down mentally. he is bipolar out on the field...

slipknottin
10-01-2012, 07:44 PM
no no your right my mistake

Both Werner and Carradine are first round picks. Werner certainly is, Carradine probably is.

There are a lot of really good DEs in this and next years draft.

And Javedeon Clowney might be the most talented DE in the country, and hes only a true sophmore.

Eliscruzzz
10-01-2012, 07:48 PM
Both Werner and Carradine are first round picks. Werner certainly is, Carradine probably is.

There are a lot of really good DEs in this and next years draft.Yeah we probably won't go DE in the 1st round but there are a lot of them out there this year but doesn't Carradine look like he would fit the Giants ....Tall long arms, has all the moves to get to the QB I wouldn't mind getting him if he fell to us although we do need o-linemen although ours hasn't played terrible need to get more young talent in there.

slipknottin
10-01-2012, 07:50 PM
Yeah we probably won't go DE in the 1st round but there are a lot of them out there this year but doesn't Carradine look like he would fit the Giants ....Tall long arms, has all the moves to get to the QB I wouldn't mind getting him if he fell to us although we do need o-linemen although ours hasn't played terrible need to get more young talent in there.

I wouldnt be at all surprised to see them go DE in the first. They can not rely on JPP to do it alone.

moosedrool
10-01-2012, 07:52 PM
I wouldnt be at all surprised to see them go DE in the first. They can not rely on JPP to do it alone.

Best player available. Always has been, always will be.

TheEnigma
10-01-2012, 07:54 PM
Carradine is probably a late 1st to early 2nd at this point but can rise or fall obviously. All I know is that the Giants need to do rebuilding on both sides of the ball, particularly the trenches.

DE, OG, C, and CB would be my "dire" positions to pick for but any good talent from another position that is a huge BPA would be welcomed.

slipknottin
10-01-2012, 07:59 PM
Best player available. Always has been, always will be.

Never has been. Always been a mix of need and value.

FUUFNF
10-01-2012, 08:00 PM
It's concerning to hear about all of Tuck's injuries, and him losing his desire to play and contiplating retirement... He went into this season saying he was 100% healthy so there should be no excuses now... Will he be able to step it up once Canty gets back, or has he just lost his fire for the game?... We shall see.

FUUFNF
10-01-2012, 08:01 PM

I agree, but we could really, really use some blue-chip offensive linemen too.

Eliscruzzz
10-01-2012, 08:07 PM
I wouldnt be at all surprised to see them go DE in the first. They can not rely on JPP to do it alone.it wouldbe nice I think he would fit our team well what do you think about Rhodes??? he's probably a top 10 pick right.

Toadofsteel
10-01-2012, 08:10 PM
Tuck has been playing out of position all season with Canty down. I think he's doing pretty well, he's not complaining about the situation one bit. Cut the guy some slack.

Osi on the other hand is flying off the handle...

TheEnigma
10-01-2012, 08:10 PM
it wouldbe nice I think he would fit our team well what do you think about Rhodes??? he's probably a top 10 pick right.

Doubt a CB of his size and ability would drop to us but maaan, that would be sweet! Prince and Rhodes on the outsides with Hosley working the slot...can you say coverage sacks?

slipknottin
10-01-2012, 08:11 PM
Tuck has been playing out of position all season with Canty down.

How so? Because hes played some DT too? He used to be a dominant DT, if you recall. Now he never gets near QBs from any position.

NYG 5
10-01-2012, 08:13 PM
they need any half decent linebacker to contribute on the blitz once in a while. that way they can't double and chip any of the DEs.

the only time nascar did anything when it mattered was when tuck was the sub, and could go all out and demolish interior linemen 20 snaps a game. as the full time guy, he's been diluted. he had two good super bowls though.

i think if they could get more help from the interior line, get help from keith rivers, and have the offense control the clock longer so it minimizes the chances of them getting gassed, they will be much better. otherwise, tuck has never had the stamina and durability to play all game long. I also think the athleticism of the front 7 has decreased greatly. Osi isn't even that fast anymore. really hoping rivers comes back quickly and doesn't become the next barret green

Eliscruzzz
10-01-2012, 08:16 PM
Doubt a CB of his size and ability would drop to us but maaan, that would be sweet! Prince and Rhodes on the outsides with Hosley working the slot...can you say coverage sacks?My god our secondary would be young and full of studs I think personally that would be better then Dallas two corners, and the eagles let's hope and pray that he plays down a level so he drops lol...

r1000
10-01-2012, 08:16 PM
Yea tuck is done.... This hype that this d line has gotten is embarrassing... Really wish we kept Tollefson over Osi, would have been cheaper and probably would have gotten the same if not more effort.

The d line seems to "need" for all other facets of the game to be great so that they can show up also. Instead kick starting some momentum. The lb's, and even the 2ndary that is riddled with injuries provide spark sometimes.

slipknottin
10-01-2012, 08:19 PM
My god our secondary would be young and full of studs I think personally that would be better then Dallas two corners, and the eagles let's hope and pray that he plays down a level so he drops lol...

I really dont think Rhodes will end up being a first round pick. I just dont believe he is a good enough athlete to play CB well at 220 pounds. Well see, but I would bet there is a lot of talk about moving him to safety pre-draft. Sort of like Malcolm Jenkins.

TheEnigma
10-01-2012, 08:23 PM
I really dont think Rhodes will end up being a first round pick. I just dont believe he is a good enough athlete to play CB well at 220 pounds. Well see, but I would bet there is a lot of talk about moving him to safety pre-draft. Sort of like Malcolm Jenkins.

Might be the answer to a potentially large contract that KP could seek in the offseason. Though if the Giants were in the scenario to acquire Rhodes and wanted to use him at Safety, I'd rather take another player and grab a Safety in the later rounds.

Eliscruzzz
10-01-2012, 08:24 PM
I really dont think Rhodes will end up being a first round pick. I just dont believe he is a good enough athlete to play CB well at 220 pounds. Well see, but I would bet there is a lot of talk about moving him to safety pre-draft. Sort of like Malcolm Jenkins.I could see that too he is big but he reminds me of the Seattle corners I think he's been playing at a high level this year he was pretty impressive vs Clemson. We will see if he was there 2nd round if he drops that far I think you have to take him.... I know there is still 12 games left and I love webster but can Rhodes play any worse then Webster is playing right now?

Eliscruzzz
10-01-2012, 08:26 PM
Might be the answer to a potentially large contract that KP could seek in the offseason. Though if the Giants were in the scenario to acquire Rhodes and wanted to use him at Safety, I'd rather take another player and grab a Safety in the later rounds.Michigan st. has a couple of DE's too that I like.

Eliscruzzz
10-01-2012, 08:36 PM
Might be the answer to a potentially large contract that KP could seek in the offseason. Though if the Giants were in the scenario to acquire Rhodes and wanted to use him at Safety, I'd rather take another player and grab a Safety in the later rounds. if we were to lose Phillips I would take Eric Reid if he fell to us

nYg24
10-01-2012, 09:24 PM
I've been questioning Tuck for a while now, always seems to want to make excuses. I can't remember the last time he had monster game.