PDA

View Full Version : David Baas as much to blame as the defense? Snap cost us the game

NYG4lifeNYK
10-01-2012, 05:24 AM
Lost a freaking key down because this disappointment can't snap a ball properly... it's a very concerning issue and needs to be addressed. maybe you move Boothe over I don't know but Baas is terrible at times.

How many times is he giving Eli a low snap.. he gave Eli a dribbler on 2nd down, luckily Eli was able to grab it, spin and throw it out of bounds to avoid the sack.

Captain Chaos
10-01-2012, 05:33 AM
He had one where Brown astutely picked it up and ran it for a two yard gain, but it is a bit of concern. Don''t think we lost the game because of it, Eli was able to throw it away, and did make a first down after that....

Gmenbroinlaw
10-01-2012, 08:34 AM
And Eli gets a pass when throwing interceptions? I would hardly say that bad snap cost the game, sure it didnt help but wasnt the sole factor. It was a lot of factors. Interceptions, coaching, weak play on both offense and defense...It was just a bad game.

I am thinking 10 days rest is the real reason they lost.

Moke
10-01-2012, 08:37 AM
That INT in the red zone should have never happened, to be honest.... those were easy points.

I don't blame Eli, but it kinda was stupid to throw the fade(If i remember correctly). Cruz was in the middle with a little space to get the ball in.

Rod-Diggity
10-01-2012, 08:44 AM
That INT in the red zone should have never happened, to be honest.... those were easy points.

I don't blame Eli, but it kinda was stupid to throw the fade(If i remember correctly). Cruz was in the middle with a little space to get the ball in.

nah he was covered that would of been a pick too drc did nothing on that play he was just in the right place at the right time, lucky pick really cuz eli didn't see him.

Baas didn't cost us the game big mistake yes, but we overcame that just a bad decision to throw to barden on thar route. Should of made high percentage throw but we didn't and lost end of story hopefully we'll get them next time

BigBlue1971
10-01-2012, 08:52 AM
Baas along with 3-4 other plays was a major impact on us losing the game. the team lost this game.

defense couldnt hold when necessary and the offense gets called for pi when it shouldve been a no call play imo.

Rudyy
10-01-2012, 08:54 AM
nah he was covered that would of been a pick too drc did nothing on that play he was just in the right place at the right time, lucky pick really cuz eli didn't see him.

Baas didn't cost us the game big mistake yes, but we overcame that just a bad decision to throw to barden on thar route. Should of made high percentage throw but we didn't and lost end of story hopefully we'll get them next timeI think it was intended for Bennett, because after the play. He showed Eli on the sidelines talking and kinda frustrated with him.

gumby74
10-01-2012, 08:58 AM
You're going to put this on the defense and the the center? Unbelievable.

Zaggs
10-01-2012, 09:02 AM
I think it was intended for Bennett, because after the play. He showed Eli on the sidelines talking and kinda frustrated with him.

It was. In fact pretty sure Eli dropped the f-bomb in regards to his play when he was talking to Bennett. I think Eli couldn't see Cromartie because the was right behind 2 other players. Had Eli led Bennett more....TD.

Zaggs
10-01-2012, 09:03 AM
You're going to put this on the defense and the the center? Unbelievable.

The defense helped. I mean how many times could they have stopped the Eagles if they could have actually made a tackle? Then CWeb getting lost on Jackson's TD? Come on. But plenty of blame to go around.

gumby74
10-01-2012, 09:07 AM
The defense helped. I mean how many times could they have stopped the Eagles if they could have actually made a tackle? Then CWeb getting lost on Jackson's TD? Come on. But plenty of blame to go around.

If someone told you that the eagles would only have 7 first half points and 16 in the 4th quarter, would you take it? The defense did their part. Being physically beat is one thing. A stupid, stupid decision that you had all day to think through is another.

But, i really can't believe there are some that are putting this on the defense.

NWKEffectElement
10-01-2012, 09:08 AM
How the heck does Defense get any blame for this game?

JB456
10-01-2012, 09:14 AM

Defense shouldn't get any blame.

This game is on Eli, Terrible running game (Bradshaw and Brown) and why the hell are we throwing 30 yards down the field when we are already in fieldgoal position? The play calling on the last drive was not very good.

BlueBlooded1979
10-01-2012, 11:38 AM

nearly 200 yards rushing
only 1 sack
zero turnovers
Undisciplined DL play leaving scramble and cut backs open
Safeties out of position in the RZ and long 3rd downs.

NYG4lifeNYK
10-01-2012, 01:37 PM

Are you kidding me?

gumby74
10-01-2012, 01:40 PM
Are you kidding me?

Again, if someone told you that our defense would give up only 19 points this game, would you take it? Yeah I thought so. They did their job.

NYG4lifeNYK
10-01-2012, 01:45 PM
Again, if someone told you that our defense would give up only 19 points this game, would you take it? Yeah I thought so. They did their job.

Uh no, they did not.

Michael Vick is absolute garbage and the Eagles are a bad team.

If you think the defense did it's job you need to rewatch the tape.

Coaching lost us this game but the defense should of took McCoy buy his hand and walked him into the end zone it would of saved us some time. There were times where Vick had all day sitting back there.

Only vs us does Vick and their offense look like world beaters. it's unreal.

GameTime
10-01-2012, 01:45 PM
200 yards of rushing using the same playh about 15 times.....

gumby74
10-01-2012, 01:49 PM
Uh no, they did not.

Coaching lost us this game but the defense should of took McCoy buy his hand and walked him into the end zone it would of saved us some time. There were times where Vick had all day sitting back there.

Slice it however you want, they gave up 19 points. We held them to 7 points at half time. Again, would you take it? You'd be insane not to.

NYG4lifeNYK
10-01-2012, 01:51 PM
Slice it however you want, they gave up 19 points. We held them to 7 points at half time. Again, would you take it? You'd be insane not to.

7 points at the half, yes... after that no.

That TD scoring drive was disgusting. It ate up so much vital time on the clock and we lost because of it.

We should have let them score because if they score early we have more time to run the ball and spike it and we win the game.

FUUFNF
10-01-2012, 01:57 PM
Giving up the lead with under 2 left in the game is hardly blameless in my opionion.

gumby74
10-01-2012, 01:58 PM
7 points at the half, yes... after that no.

That TD scoring drive was disgusting. It ate up so much vital time on the clock and we lost because of it.

We should have let them score because if they score early we have more time to run the ball and spike it and we win the game.

Out of all the other issues you could have picked on you picked on that ONE TD drive? Seriously? The turnover in the redzone. The stupid pass to Barden? Unbelievable you wouldn't have taken the 19 points.

Bing Crosby
10-01-2012, 02:19 PM
nearly 200 yards rushing
only 1 sack
zero turnovers
Undisciplined DL play leaving scramble and cut backs open
Safeties out of position in the RZ and long 3rd downs.

+1. Is it now a simple NFL fact that the CARDINALS know how to handle Vick, but our vaunted and world famous pass rush can't lay a hand on the guy? An amazing defense performance? You mean the same defense that got the ball run down their throat when the Eagles brilliantlu called the same damn run play four times in a row to march down the field? And then brilliant gained even more yards by doing the same play on the other side? That amazing D? They barely sufficed our needs, I'd hardly call what they did a "good job". They couldn't get to Vick at all, Osi couldn't contain, and we couldn't stop the same run after they ran it four times in a freaking row! The Offense should have played better no doubt, but to come on here and have some people pound their chest and honestly feel good about how the D played is a joke.

They gave the minimum here, they played an average game. The game they played was not something to be proud of anymore then the offensive game should be bragged about this morning. Well every other team the Eagles have played this year planted Vick into the ground like a flower bulb, we could barely touch him, and the majority of the times we did he still had enough time to complete the pass.

JB456
10-01-2012, 02:21 PM
Out of all the other issues you could have picked on you picked on that ONE TD drive? Seriously? The turnover in the redzone. The stupid pass to Barden? Unbelievable you wouldn't have taken the 19 points.

The doofus awards for this game go to: Eli (Red zone TO is killer), Osi (I haven't hated on this dude and actually spoke up for him but he was absolute garbage in this game. I might be jumping on the hater bandwagon). Offensive line still looks like garbage (Including Bass) and Bennett now has to spend 80% of his time picking up this piss poor unit. Bass did have two bad snaps in a row at the end of the game. He underperformed last year (Played well in playoffs and superbowl) and hasn't looked great this year along with the rest of the line. He he continues botch snaps, I hope they cut off his after dinner deserts.

Edit: Nobody better come at me for being an Eli hater cause I'm one of his biggest supporters. You can't argue how devistating a turnover in the redzone is in a low scoring game.

Marvelousmik
10-01-2012, 02:26 PM
Lost a freaking key down because this disappointment can't snap a ball properly... it's a very concerning issue and needs to be addressed. maybe you move Boothe over I don't know but Baas is terrible at times.

How many times is he giving Eli a low snap.. he gave Eli a dribbler on 2nd down, luckily Eli was able to grab it, spin and throw it out of bounds to avoid the sack.

after every loss all you do is point blame. Its so depressing. If you want to point blame so badly, you should know that arguably the biggest mistake of the game was when Eli thew that interception.

Its a team loss.

gumby74
10-01-2012, 02:41 PM
after every loss all you do is point blame. Its so depressing. If you want to point blame so badly, you should know that arguably the biggest mistake of the game was when Eli thew that interception.

Its a team loss.

You forget who you're talking to. Eli never makes mistakes.

Robert21156
10-01-2012, 03:15 PM
You forget who you're talking to. Eli never makes mistakes.
Sure, EVERYONE acknowledges that Eli screwed up with the interception and probably made a bad decision on the pass to Barden late. But overall he played well, especially considering that he had ONE of his starting receivers from last year and the fact that our o-line is POOR and gave him very little time to throw. We got occasional pressure on Vick in the first half, but he had lots of time to throw in the 2nd. LOTS! And you are correct that our defense played well IF giving up 200 yards rushing is the definition of playing well. And we still would have won the game without the late PI assuming Tynes could have coaxed up 44 yards in length. By the way, a 54 yarder isn't that long for kickers in the NFL these days, but apparently it's too long for Tynes. When you have defensive guys who continually don't protect the backside by crashing inside, then they are either stupid or coached poorly or both. We make those mistakes over and over and over again. And with the Eagles committing 9 turnovers in 3 games, we couldn't get even one out of them.

gumby74
10-01-2012, 03:25 PM
Sure, EVERYONE acknowledges that Eli screwed up with the interception and probably made a bad decision on the pass to Barden late. But overall he played well, especially considering that he had ONE of his starting receivers from last year and the fact that our o-line is POOR and gave him very little time to throw. We got occasional pressure on Vick in the first half, but he had lots of time to throw in the 2nd. LOTS! And you are correct that our defense played well IF giving up 200 yards rushing is the definition of playing well. And we still would have won the game without the late PI assuming Tynes could have coaxed up 44 yards in length. By the way, a 54 yarder isn't that long for kickers in the NFL these days, but apparently it's too long for Tynes. When you have defensive guys who continually don't protect the backside by crashing inside, then they are either stupid or coached poorly or both. We make those mistakes over and over and over again. And with the Eagles committing 9 turnovers in 3 games, we couldn't get even one out of them.

Relax guy. No one is putting the loss soley on Eli nor are they saying he didn't play well or at least decent. We lost as a team. The stupid decision to pass to Barden cost us a chance to win, but that's not the reason why we lost.

Eliscruzzz
10-01-2012, 03:27 PM
Call me crazy but I think our o-line did pretty damn good against that Eagles d-line

gumby74
10-01-2012, 03:27 PM
Call me crazy but I think our o-line did pretty damn good against that Eagles d-line I think they did pretty decent too actually. They just can't run block.

NYG4lifeNYK
10-01-2012, 03:28 PM

Its a team loss.

I critique the players that did not do their job.

Eli made a mistake, it happens. He's also the guy with Nicks out that put Hixon over 100+ and Barden over 100+ the previous game. He's the guy that continues to work magic with a piss poor O-line effort every season. They were awful vs Philly.

Eli takes very little blame in this loss. The defense and the coaches deserve more for not being able to contain the outside and poor clock management.

Coughlin is one of the best coaches in the league but he messed up yesterday. Gilbride also.

PRGiant
10-01-2012, 03:47 PM
Uh no, they did not.

19 points!! 19 points!!! they could get 300 yards rushing i wouldn't care, 19 points is solid defense. World beaters don't score 19 points.

Manning
10-01-2012, 03:55 PM
Call me crazy but I think our o-line did pretty damn good against that Eagles d-line
they were AWFUL in the first quarter but got much better as the game went along.

FUUFNF
10-01-2012, 04:01 PM
19 points!! 19 points!!! they could get 300 yards rushing i wouldn't care, 19 points is solid defense. World beaters don't score 19 points.

You can't look at points or yards in a vacuum... They gave up the lead with less than 2 minutes to go, and that was a 80+ drive that took about 5 minutes off the clock... Plus, the only 3rd down they forced was in the redzone... Overall they played a decent game, but hardly blameless for the loss.

FUUFNF
10-01-2012, 04:02 PM
they were AWFUL in the first quarter but got much better as the game went along.

Yeah, the o-line didn't give up any sacks, so they had a decent game... Still could have been better, and certainly there is plenty of room for improvement in the run blocking department.

jax5338
10-01-2012, 04:04 PM
offense got the lead back right after the horrible INT. defense was awful in the second half. no pressure, no contain. eagles run a garbage offense and they ate up tons of clock at the end.

overall yes, an absolute team loss. eli INT hurt but they came back and scored a TD next drive. defense was solid first half, second half they fell apart. coaching was questionable as to why they were stretching the field so much when they only needed a few yards, and then of course barden's key penalty.

a lot of guys had a hand in the loss, and yes the defense is certainly one of them. where is this ferocious pass rush we are supposed to have? aside from JPP our best pass rushers this year have been blackburn and the DBs IMO.

Manning
10-01-2012, 04:05 PM
You can't look at points or yards in a vacuum... They gave up the lead with less than 2 minutes to go, and that was a 80+ drive that took about 5 minutes off the clock... Plus, the only 3rd down they forced was in the redzone... Overall they played a decent game, but hardly blameless for the loss.

I don't know what it is but the giants defense always seems to be terrible in the clutch. I can remember countless time we take the lead with <5 minutes to go and the defense just lets the other team march right down the field.

FUUFNF
10-01-2012, 04:11 PM
I don't know what it is but the giants defense always seems to be terrible in the clutch. I can remember countless time we take the lead with <5 minutes to go and the defense just lets the other team march right down the field.

I think those memories just stick out more in your mind because they are more traumatic... It's human nature to recall more bad memories than good ones... Plus, it's probably easier to recall a miracle game winning TD drive, than a game saving interception.

G.I. Ants
10-01-2012, 04:11 PM
Tough loss, equal blame could be passed all around. 0-2 in the division, 4 more to go. NFC east is looking real interesting.

gumby74
10-01-2012, 04:26 PM

relative to the magnitude of the other mistakes? They should be. Turnover in the red zone and a bad decision at the end of the game to Barden and you want to pick on how the defense gave up 19 points? Good lord.

nycisgreat
10-01-2012, 05:00 PM

No one disagree with you. I still feel that he isn't that good. I am still prefer Mitch Petrius as a tackle and moving Boothe over to center. Baas sucks, and he under sized for a center. He is always get beat up.

FUUFNF
10-01-2012, 05:35 PM
relative to the magnitude of the other mistakes? They should be. Turnover in the red zone and a bad decision at the end of the game to Barden and you want to pick on how the defense gave up 19 points? Good lord.

If at the end of the game you were completely happy and satisfied on how the lead was surrendered, then you're high... I'm not picking on the defense, but I'm not giving them pats on the back either... Sure they did a good job keeping the Eagles out of the end zone for most of the night, but when we needed a key stop or takeaway, it wasn't there... Just like we didn't make the plays on offense when we needed them the most.

Marvelousmik
10-01-2012, 07:14 PM
I critique the players that did not do their job.

Eli made a mistake, it happens. He's also the guy with Nicks out that put Hixon over 100+ and Barden over 100+ the previous game. He's the guy that continues to work magic with a piss poor O-line effort every season. They were awful vs Philly.

Eli takes very little blame in this loss. The defense and the coaches deserve more for not being able to contain the outside and poor clock management.

Coughlin is one of the best coaches in the league but he messed up yesterday. Gilbride also.

sigh. I wish you wasnt so narrow minded man. How could you say eli is the one who put hixon over 100 yards when hixon worked his but off? Did you see the tough catches he had to make? hixon is the one who runs the routes and catches the ball. Eli is the one who throws it. Its not just one person. When we win its a team and when we lose its a team. You cant keep calling out people after every loss.The ends made mistakes, the o line made mistakes, the recievers made mistakes, eli made mistakes, and i am sure the coaches made mistakes. That interception on the goal line was the biggest mistake of the game and it was the only turnover. clock management was solid. we had more than enough time to get in field goal range. We lost as a team.

We play the browns next week. Focus on that

joemorrisforprez
10-01-2012, 07:17 PM
Giving up the lead with under 2 left in the game is hardly blameless in my opionion.

I think you have a valid point. Seems like this defense can never slam the door on the Eagles.

NYG4lifeNYK
10-01-2012, 07:30 PM
sigh. I wish you wasnt so narrow minded man. How could you say eli is the one who put hixon over 100 yards when hixon worked his but off? Did you see the tough catches he had to make? hixon is the one who runs the routes and catches the ball. Eli is the one who throws it. Its not just one person. When we win its a team and when we lose its a team. You cant keep calling out people after every loss.The ends made mistakes, the o line made mistakes, the recievers made mistakes, eli made mistakes, and i am sure the coaches made mistakes. That interception on the goal line was the biggest mistake of the game and it was the only turnover. clock management was solid. we had more than enough time to get in field goal range. We lost as a team.

We play the browns next week. Focus on that

So you think Hixon is a 100+ yard receiver?

Eli makes players around him better, period. That's not an opinion that's a fact.

Barden 100++, Hixon 100+ consecutive weeks. that is not coincidence.

Yes Hixon played very well and stepped up. Hixon is underrated but he is by no means a 100+ yard receiver without a QB like Eli getting him the ball.

gumby74
10-01-2012, 10:00 PM
If at the end of the game you were completely happy and satisfied on how the lead was surrendered, then you're high... I'm not picking on the defense, but I'm not giving them pats on the back either... Sure they did a good job keeping the Eagles out of the end zone for most of the night, but when we needed a key stop or takeaway, it wasn't there... Just like we didn't make the plays on offense when we needed them the most.

Sorry, but i evaluate performance based an entire body of work. No one is saying the defense played awesome, but some here have the audacity to blame the defense AND the center while completely ignoring other things that are much more culpable. And that's where I have the problem.

Morehead State
10-01-2012, 10:04 PM

This post by this OP is exactly what's wrong with some fans. To start a thread claiming that a bad snap, where the QB threw the ball away for an incompletion, "cost us the game", is so ridiculous, it simply boggles the mind. But here it is.
It no more cost us the game than a random false start in the 2nd quarter,

Everyone just friggin calm down.

gumby74

Eli makes players around him better, period. That's not an opinion that's a fact.

Yes Hixon played very well and stepped up. Hixon is underrated but he is by no means a 100+ yard receiver without a QB like Eli getting him the ball.

Eli fan boys like you really make me wonder if you like Eli more or the New York Giants.

fansince69
This post by this OP is exactly what's wrong with some fans. To start a thread claiming that a bad snap, where the QB threw the ball away for an incompletion, "cost us the game", is so ridiculous, it simply boggles the mind. But here it is.

exactly

BParcells777
10-01-2012, 10:05 PM

Baas is one of the worst Centers we have ever had........he's no Ray Wytecka

NYG4lifeNYK
10-01-2012, 10:07 PM

He gave away a free down in the 4th Q with 1 minute left because of a poor snap...... give me a break that is HUGE

Marvelousmik
10-01-2012, 10:44 PM

i agree with that. I just think its unfair to say "eli did this and this good, therefore his mistakes doesnt matter."

BParcells777
10-01-2012, 10:45 PM
he had about 10 bad snaps last night.........my heart was in my throat he would pull a Trey Junkin at the end of the game......I could see it coming

We are paying this guy a ton of money to be mediocre to awful...........he is dragging down the offense

Morehead State
10-02-2012, 12:02 AM
He gave away a free down in the 4th Q with 1 minute left because of a poor snap...... give me a break that is HUGE
I can point to 50 plays that "cost us the game". this is nitpicking to the max.
Do you think that Eli's pick "cost us the game"? How about Barden's PI penalty? Or maybe the play calling at the end?
It never ends with you folks.
No one play or player "cost us the game".
It was a hard fought game and we lost by a nose. It happens...Its football.

Oh Yeah...and your point is especially stupid because we made a first down after that. I mean if you're going to whine like a schoolgirl, pick a play that actually mattered.

BeatYale
10-02-2012, 12:15 AM
If I'm remembering correctly, didn't Boothe screw up some snaps when he was playing center in place of Baas last season?

byron
10-02-2012, 12:17 AM
theres an old saying if your not making mistakes your not doing anything....I don't get this need to point fingers **** happens in all games mistakes are gonna be made every single play....maybe Eli shouldn't have tryed to squeeze the ball into Barden !? ever think of that ? they lost the game..

BParcells777
10-02-2012, 12:24 AM
If I'm remembering correctly, didn't Boothe screw up some snaps when he was playing center in place of Baas last season?

Boothe screwed up one or two.........not 10 in one game

Marvelousmik
10-02-2012, 01:12 AM
I can point to 50 plays that "cost us the game". this is nitpicking to the max.
Do you think that Eli's pick "cost us the game"? How about Barden's PI penalty? Or maybe the play calling at the end?
It never ends with you folks.
No one play or player "cost us the game".
It was a hard fought game and we lost by a nose. It happens...Its football.

Oh Yeah...and your point is especially stupid because we made a first down after that. I mean if you're going to whine like a schoolgirl, pick a play that actually mattered.

well said

giant-4-life
10-02-2012, 01:25 AM
naw guys, bass's poor snaps at the last series cost us, eli had to recover the ball and get rid of it rather then get a look downfield. the play starts with the snapper.

FUUFNF
10-02-2012, 01:37 AM
Baas' bad snap at the end of the game (one of many for Baas on the evening) didn't actually cost us the game, but it sure came close... If you recall, we only got the 1st down on that drive because of a penalty... That lost down could have been huge there (and luckily that was the only thing that happend because of the snap)... Still, for the money we're paying that guy, Baas stinks.