PDA

View Full Version : Tired of the talk of our "Ferocious" Dline...

hungrrrry
10-01-2012, 06:02 AM
This is all just hype at this point and is not justifiable! We have shown nothing to suggest it is true....nothing...so I hope the media and over-indulging fan will cool their jets for a while on all that talk until (if possible) we get it going again. Right now our pass-rush looks terrible again...like it did during most of the season last year. Tuck and Osi looked like rookies out there on more than one occassion and as awesome as JPP has been in the previous seasons, he is looking ordinary! Keep inmind, the Eagles Oline is trash and we looked like chickens. Gave way too much respect to Vick.

Granted, our secondary is probably ranked near the bottom of the league and I hope that is due to the injuries and not the lack of talent or coaching in that area! Websterr's time has passed. Prince is not progressing fast enough and Hosley (who is likely our best corner) was dinged

Other than our receivers still looking sharp...our Oline did great against what is truthfully the best Dline in the league, as far as pass protection is concerned. I think we could have done OK in the run-game but we were too conservative in the beginning on offense.

Moke
10-01-2012, 06:20 AM
I thought our defense looked pretty good to be honest..., the only thing was that the team was getting exhausted way too quickly and I don't blame them. With our slim rotation because of injuries, it's tough. A lot of times there were too many dumb mistakes too: see Osi.Can't make too many mistakes against a quick offense like that - it'll cost you.

CDN_G-FAN
10-01-2012, 06:39 AM
This is all just hype at this point and is not justifiable! We have shown nothing to suggest it is true....nothing...so I hope the media and over-indulging fan will cool their jets for a while on all that talk until (if possible) we get it going again. Right now our pass-rush looks terrible again...like it did during most of the season last year. Tuck and Osi looked like rookies out there on more than one occassion and as awesome as JPP has been in the previous seasons, he is looking ordinary! Keep inmind, the Eagles Oline is trash and we looked like chickens. Gave way too much respect to Vick.

Granted, our secondary is probably ranked near the bottom of the league and I hope that is due to the injuries and not the lack of talent or coaching in that area! Websterr's time has passed. Prince is not progressing fast enough and Hosley (who is likely our best corner) was dinged

Other than our receivers still looking sharp...our Oline did great against what is truthfully the best Dline in the league, as far as pass protection is concerned. I think we could have done OK in the run-game but we were too conservative in the beginning on offense.

+1

our pass rush is not what it's suppose to be. not at all.

as of right now we've got JPP who many consider the best DE in the league, and then a couple guys that are above average at best until they prove otherwise.

i'm sick of thinking this guys are awesome based on reputation alone.

GMENAGAIN
10-01-2012, 06:54 AM
Our line could be due for an overhauling pretty soon.

No way Osi will be back next year and I can't see the FO backing up the money truck for Tuck.

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 07:01 AM
They have cap problems while Osi and Webster have not been good at all this year. I could see them parting ways with those guys and drafting a DE and CB ASAP in the draft. Maybe pick up a FA. That still won't help them beat the Eagles. The Eagles just own the Giants.

brad
10-01-2012, 07:22 AM
I do think the D played fairly well, but I agree the d-line is overrated. Osi is definitely in his last year as a Giant, and I am starting to think Tuck may no longer be able to play at the level we have come to expect from him. It may be time to see who the next man up is at the DE position.

Evo'Ed
10-01-2012, 07:30 AM
^
Agreed.

They played decent but were very undisciplined on the cut back runs against McCoy.

The interior linemen (Joesph and Bernard) played better than the DE's.

Tuck has been noticeably silent.

Moke
10-01-2012, 07:47 AM
I do think the D played fairly well, but I agree the d-line is overrated. Osi is definitely in his last year as a Giant, and I am starting to think Tuck may no longer be able to play at the level we have come to expect from him. It may be time to see who the next man up is at the DE position.

Ojomo

Toadofsteel
10-01-2012, 07:52 AM
Ojomo

Is he still nursing a hammy? Because we could definitely use him right now... What about Adrian Tracy?

Moke
10-01-2012, 07:54 AM
Is he still nursing a hammy? Because we could definitely use him right now... What about Adrian Tracy?

Not sure, but it would be nice for them to be back for rotational reasons.

It would keep the defense catching their breaths. Team was way too tired against the Eagles. The eagles are a quick team. No way this happens against a team like Cleveland for instance.

OX1
10-01-2012, 08:47 AM

Every week I see out WR's make amazing catches with the D all over them.
Very rare we have a guy wide open with totally blown coverage.

But then I see our secondary blow coverage, be slow, play soft. Our D line slips up ONCE,
seems like there might as well be no one behind them ........

Can we get even one year even without a completely decimated secondary before we crucify this line
I agree Osi is done. His skill set is great against pocket passers, none of whom we have in our division anymore.

That and get an offense that doesn't gas the D by going 3 and out for the whole first half (practically).

gumby74
10-01-2012, 08:50 AM
They sure are overrated but I think they played much much better.

JB456
10-01-2012, 08:52 AM
They sure are overrated but I think they played much much better.

Osi played like complete trash. How many times did Shady abuse him on the cutback? He got better pressure on vick this game but this was his worst game of the year. I was never fully on the Osi is garbage against the run wagon but I'm purchasing a ticket and jumping on at the next stop.

mfraykor
10-01-2012, 08:56 AM
agreed... and they seem to TIRE OUT ....

Diamondring
Fewell needs to call more blitzes. It seems our dbs are too scared of the deep ball and don't know how to defend it that well.

BigBlueBomber
Since his rookie year tuck has been my fav player on the team (taking stray's place in my heart ) but right now I'm not feeling his production. I'm still far away from labeling him done I just hope he can round into shape the rest of the season otherwise it might be time to draft jpp's bookend. And don't get me started on osi...

Tbonenc
10-01-2012, 09:33 AM
Tuck will retire at the end of this season.
Osi is done. The only thing he was ever good at has slipped away from him.
We need to let Cory Webster go. I just don't see how this guy is any good. And, its not because he sucked against the Eagles. He has not impressed me other than a few games here or there. I think Prince will be fine and Hosley looks good. Let;s make sure we get someone in FA or draft next year to add depth.

TheEnigma
10-01-2012, 09:35 AM
I'd say our Dline is slightly above average. The Cardinals or Seahawks now have the best Dline in the NFL.

Diamondring
10-01-2012, 09:38 AM
Tuck will retire at the end of this season.
Osi is done. The only thing he was ever good at has slipped away from him.
We need to let Cory Webster go. I just don't see how this guy is any good. And, its not because he sucked against the Eagles. He has not impressed me other than a few games here or there. I think Prince will be fine and Hosley looks good. Let;s make sure we get someone in FA or draft next year to add depth.Are you sure about Webster?

JJC7301
10-01-2012, 09:43 AM
Whether or not our d-line was ferocious, I think that letting up 19 points against a damn good O is very acceptable. How about scoring more than 17 points?

Roswell777
10-01-2012, 10:41 AM
They have cap problems while Osi and Webster have not been good at all this year. I could see them parting ways with those guys and drafting a DE and CB ASAP in the draft. Maybe pick up a FA. That still won't help them beat the Eagles. The Eagles just own the Giants.

The Giants are very undisciplined in their defensive responsibilities and the Eagles are very good at exploiting that lack of discipline for big plays. Couple that with the fact that the Giants rarely make effective defensive adjustments at halftime and you have the main reasons why they are 1-8 vs the Eagles in the last nine games.

Mercury
10-01-2012, 11:12 AM
The Giants are very undisciplined in their defensive responsibilities and the Eagles are very good at exploiting that lack of discipline for big plays. Couple that with the fact that the Giants rarely make effective defensive adjustments at halftime and you have the main reasons why they are 1-8 vs the Eagles in the last nine games.

I agree with this. I think they started out pretty disciplined. But when the sacks weren't coming, they started to free-wheel it and that really hurt us. Osi, a veteran, giving up a first down by being off sides is just rediculous. And he had no containment for either Vick or McCoy. If they played disciplined the whole night, they probably would have gotten more sacks too.

JesseJames
10-01-2012, 11:27 AM
the thing that is bothering me about last nights game is how did we go into that game against a running QB like Vick and not have a plan to contain him from getting outside and extending the play or just running it himself, thats what he does DUH.

CDN_G-FAN
10-01-2012, 11:40 AM
the thing that is bothering me about last nights game is how did we go into that game against a running QB like Vick and not have a plan to contain him from getting outside and extending the play or just running it himself, thats what he does DUH.

might be wrong to assume we didn't have a plan.

when the announcers are telling you you have to contain, and you're still not doing it, someone's not listening, and i doubt its the coaching staff getting that one wrong.

Blueshine
10-01-2012, 11:49 AM
There is no one on that line that deserves a big contract. Wish we still had Tollefson.

dezzzR
10-01-2012, 11:52 AM
they would be better if we played more bump and run and man and our corners actually had saftey help. Theyd also be better if we blitzed more. Just look at the eagles last night. Thats the way this defense should be ran. Constantly agressive. Constantly attacking the QB. Not sitting back and letting teams pick us apart. This has been a problem for a while.

Diamondring
10-01-2012, 11:54 AM
Did the Cards blitzed Vick a good amount of times? Did we blitz him?

CuseGirl
10-01-2012, 11:59 AM
Did the Cards blitzed Vick a good amount of times? Did we blitz him?Would it have mattered? The Eagles were able to keep 7 in pass protection and STILL have pass catchers wide open. The Giants defense, outside of JPP and Boley, is mediocre to poor, simple as that. And I don't think there's any amount of scheming that will change it.

If they don't hit the QB 12 times a game (4 of which he still has the ball in his hands), the D suffers, period.

Diamondring
10-01-2012, 12:04 PM
Would it have mattered? The Eagles were able to keep 7 in pass protection and STILL have pass catchers wide open. The Giants defense, outside of JPP and Boley, is mediocre to poor, simple as that. And I don't think there's any amount of scheming that will change it.

If they don't hit the QB 12 times a game (4 of which he still has the ball in his hands), the D suffers, period.I think it would cause blitzing here and there would have had some suprises. Des sometimes need to come clean and not always have hands on them. A blitz should have some players come free untouched so that the qb rushes the throw. Look at the Cards knocking the ball out of Vicks's hands last weak. Rushing 4 is not going to do it and as a matter of fact, you said they had extra blockers. Well Fewell needs to call more blitzes. Our dbs nee do learn how to cover and the blitz should teach them. They rely on the safeties too much. Our dbs can't even defend the deep ball.

Vick is fast so sometimes you need a player who can run with him. None of our Des can.

CuseGirl
10-01-2012, 12:07 PM
I think it would cause blitzing here and there would have had some suprises. Des sometimes need to come clean and not always have hands on them. A blitz should have some players come free untouched so that the qb rushes the throw. Look at the Cards knocking the ball out of Vicks's hands last weak. Rushing 4 is not going to do it and as a matter of fact, you said they had extra blockers. Well Fewell needs to call more blitzes. Our dbs nee do learn how to cover and the blitz should teach them. They rely on the safeties too much. Our dbs can't even defend the deep ball.

Vick is fast so sometimes you need a player who can run with him. None of our Des can.Other than Dallas, I don't hate a team more than I hate Philadelphia. And it upsets me that a team that couldn't pass protect or secure the ball suddenly did those things perfectly last night. But it is possible that Philly, over the last 10 or 12 years, has specifically built themselves to beat NYG only. And they'll win regular season games against NY and teams similar to them. But overall, they can't beat ALL types of teams and that's why they have no hardware and the Giants do.

giantsfan420
10-01-2012, 12:17 PM
anyone else notice and hate how both dallas and philly had scrub OL vs every other team but our DL makes them look great? almost TWO ****ING HUNDRED RUSHING YARDS!
Chase B got the only sack and it was on some bs.

Osi was straight trash, couldnt or wouldnt contain. it was like he refused to think or enact basic simple knowledge...eagles had 100 yds rushing to his side at least i'd bet...and tuck...i dunno but tuck is moping around again on the field. some one get him bi polar meds bc hes gotta get hs damn head in the game...so sick of his bs theres no crying in football!

Robert21156
10-01-2012, 03:59 PM

Uh, most would say that our pass protection as not "great". Eli couldn't step into throws because our o-line was shoved back into his face a lot.

nycisgreat
10-01-2012, 05:02 PM

I think our weak play at DTs is hurting the play of our DEs. JPP gets doubled even tripled. Where is Bernard and Joseph.

Robert21156
10-01-2012, 05:27 PM
Are you sure about Webster?
Well, I guess none of us is ever "sure" about a player not being nearly as good as advertised, but in Webster's case, I feel pretty certain he's just not very good. Compare him to other team's "shutdown" corners and see how he looks.

joemorrisforprez
10-01-2012, 06:03 PM
I thought our defense looked pretty good to be honest..., the only thing was that the team was getting exhausted way too quickly and I don't blame them. With our slim rotation because of injuries, it's tough. A lot of times there were too many dumb mistakes too: see Osi.Can't make too many mistakes against a quick offense like that - it'll cost you.

Defensive line played okay....except for Osi, who was consistently bad v. both run and pass.

GFiP
10-01-2012, 06:22 PM
They played lights out for 1.5 quarters, complete garbage for the last 2.5. Looks more like an endurance issue more than anything.

Diamondring
10-01-2012, 06:36 PM
They played lights out for 1.5 quarters, complete garbage for the last 2.5. Looks more like an endurance issue more than anything.Vic was the problem. He is too fast for our DE's

Roswell777
10-01-2012, 08:03 PM
Vic was the problem. He is too fast for our DE's

True, but they were undisciplined when it came to contain.

daynemustgo
10-01-2012, 08:06 PM

Osi and Tuck have been MIA for the first four games. Washed up?