PDA

View Full Version : Timeouts Are Precious

1986Bavaro
10-01-2012, 06:05 AM
If we hadn't wasted a timeout earlier in the game, we would have won. We just needed one more timeout but Eli had to waste one when the play clock was running down. I know it's woulda, shoulda, coulda, but with 15 seconds left and one more timeout, we run a pass play over the middle for 5 to 10 yards and Tynes makes that game winning field goal.

Moke
10-01-2012, 06:17 AM
Yeah. I agree a lot man. Too many times we waste garbage timeouts on **** like that. Doesn't this team already know we need as many timeouts as we can get going into the 4th quarter for a comeback? I mean.,, since we're always having to come back in games.

1986Bavaro
10-01-2012, 08:33 AM
Yeah. I agree a lot man. Too many times we waste garbage timeouts on **** like that. Doesn't this team already know we need as many timeouts as we can get going into the 4th quarter for a comeback? I mean.,, since we're always having to come back in games.

After watching the replay this morning it stings a lot that we didn't kick the field goal when we were within range.

I remember thinking that we should get closer so I can't blame the coaches decision to try that. Too bad we didn't just run the ball instead of getting the PI call against us. ...sigh