PDA

View Full Version : What went well in the game:

Toadofsteel
10-01-2012, 08:04 AM
1) Wilson. If he can return punts like that, we have some serious gold on our hands. The fact that in all his punt returns he didn't fumble once shows that he has been working on his fumbleitis...

2) Prince. Shut down Maclin and kept him to 1 catch for something like 10 yards the whole game. Essentially flawless... my only question is why wasn't he moved over to jackson?

3) Blackburn. Definitely played like he wanted to be there. Made some nice tackles in the running game.

4) Stevie. We need to find a way to work this guy in more often (that don't involve KP getting injured). I hope to see some 3 safety sets soon.

5) JPP. As always, holding up our entire defensive line.

6) Weatherford (and the punt coverage unit). I don't think philly had good field position at all that entire game.

Mistanihan
10-01-2012, 08:06 AM
It's been awhile, but I think we get a run back or 2 on kickoffs this year, especially if they get the coverage and Wilson runs that hard everytime. Kid has some insane speed!

Toadofsteel
10-01-2012, 08:07 AM
7) Hixon, 114 yards receiving. Not bad for a guy with 2 ACL's in his medical history...

Toadofsteel
10-01-2012, 08:11 AM
8) Bennett was a bit of an unsung hero... he was kept in to block most of the time, but he did well in pass protection. The few times he went out for a reception, he had an incredible catch that Beatty held on, that INT in the endzone should have never been thrown in his direction, and one other time that I saw where he wasn't targeted...

yoeddy
10-01-2012, 08:29 AM
Hixon played awesome....

RoanokeFan
10-01-2012, 08:49 AM
Hixon played awesome....

Hixon is not Nicks or Cruz, but when one of them is missing, he's great to have around. It seems Gilbride correctly selected Hixon as the # 3 at the end of pre-season.

And Bennett also get my vote.

Toadofsteel
10-01-2012, 08:51 AM
I just wanted to post what I DID like about the game because now I have *******s on this board saying I'm "not a real fan" for calling Barden terrible or saying Eli, TC, and Gilbride all made knuckleheaded decisions...

gumby74
10-01-2012, 08:51 AM
Hixon played awesome....

He made some unbelievable catches.

Moke
10-01-2012, 08:52 AM
I just wanted to post what I DID like about the game because now I have *******s on this board saying I'm "not a real fan" for calling Barden terrible or saying Eli, TC, and Gilbride all made knuckleheaded decisions...

No one is saying you're not a real fan, and if they are, don't pay attention to him. But have an open-mind before you start spewing out BS about Barden being bad.

You're just mad about the PI, that's why you had to make the post about Barden.

No offense, I'm not a mind-reader, but it's kind of obvious.

Zaggs
10-01-2012, 08:54 AM
I think BLackburn has the sense to play well, but he just seems slow out there. I think if Rivers had been able to play he would have made a big difference.

Moke
10-01-2012, 08:55 AM
I think BLackburn has the sense to play well, but he just seems slow out there. I think if Rivers had been able to play he would have made a big difference.

He had a great game. Him and Rivers being rotated might be real good for this team. He is slow though.

OX1
10-01-2012, 08:57 AM
Barden gave us the only chance we had to win that game, period.............
Dumbest strategy play I've seen from our O in quite some time.
Throw it out to the flat and get out of bounds, maybe pick up a couple

JB456
10-01-2012, 09:00 AM
Prince. Our secondary needs this type of play from him going forward but for Gods sake. Can there be at lease one game where he doesn't limp off?

Wilson: We need to get this dude involved in the run game ASAP. I DONT CARE IF HE FUMBLED AND DROPPED A SHUFFLE PASS. WE NEED TO UTILIZE HIS SPEED AND IT WILL OPEN EVERYTHING UP (Caps wasn't on I just pissed). This dude gets out to the 35 on every kickoff return for goodness sake and our running game is average to below average.

FYI. I agree with Toads list.

Toadofsteel
10-01-2012, 10:19 AM
No one is saying you're not a real fan, and if they are, don't pay attention to him. But have an open-mind before you start spewing out BS about Barden being bad.

You're just mad about the PI, that's why you had to make the post about Barden.

No offense, I'm not a mind-reader, but it's kind of obvious.

I've been calling him terrible for years. Now I feel like I ate all that crow for NOTHING...

Toadofsteel
10-01-2012, 10:22 AM
Prince. Our secondary needs this type of play from him going forward but for Gods sake. Can there be at lease one game where he doesn't limp off?

Can there be at least one game where any DB doesn't limp off? Game 1 had Hosley and Coe go down, Game 3 had Rolle suffer the effects of camera fu, etc...

Wilson: We need to get this dude involved in the run game ASAP. I DONT CARE IF HE FUMBLED AND DROPPED A SHUFFLE PASS. WE NEED TO UTILIZE HIS SPEED AND IT WILL OPEN EVERYTHING UP (Caps wasn't on I just pissed). This dude gets out to the 35 on every kickoff return for goodness sake and our running game is average to below average.

I think today was a test for Wilson. TC was letting him loose in the return game to see if he could run without fumbling. I expect to start seeing more of him in the run game moving forward because he passed his fumble test with flying colors. That said, I'd be happy with him being a dedicated return man this year too... man's got wheels for sure, and he's a lot better in open space than up the middle, which is more conducive to the return game than the running game...

JB456
10-01-2012, 10:29 AM
Can there be at least one game where any DB doesn't limp off? Game 1 had Hosley and Coe go down, Game 3 had Rolle suffer the effects of camera fu, etc...

I think today was a test for Wilson. TC was letting him loose in the return game to see if he could run without fumbling. I expect to start seeing more of him in the run game moving forward because he passed his fumble test with flying colors. That said, I'd be happy with him being a dedicated return man this year too... man's got wheels for sure, and he's a lot better in open space than up the middle, which is more conducive to the return game than the running game...

Wilson is a freaking nightmare for defenses with his speed. I definately see the Giants winning a few games due to the field position he sets up but with how made the run game is, he must be incorporated in the offense ASAP. 50 yards on the ground isn't going to cut it.

CruzSoldier
10-01-2012, 11:30 AM
1) Wilson. If he can return punts like that, we have some serious gold on our hands. The fact that in all his punt returns he didn't fumble once shows that he has been working on his fumbleitis...

2) Prince. Shut down Maclin and kept him to 1 catch for something like 10 yards the whole game. Essentially flawless... my only question is why wasn't he moved over to jackson?

3) Blackburn. Definitely played like he wanted to be there. Made some nice tackles in the running game.

4) Stevie. We need to find a way to work this guy in more often (that don't involve KP getting injured). I hope to see some 3 safety sets soon.

5) JPP. As always, holding up our entire defensive line.

6) Weatherford (and the punt coverage unit). I don't think philly had good field position at all that entire game.

All great points Maclin was targeted 8 times and only had one catch when they had Prince in a zone coverage.....Eagles fans say he was "hurt" lol but he practiced all week so I doubt that......I think you missed how neither Asomugha or DRC couldn't cover V. Cruz one on one which will be huge when we have the rematch in the season finnally. I think with all our missing pieces and with losing KP in the 1st quater we still should have won this game looks good for the season.