PDA

View Full Version : My take on the last drive

giantsfam04
10-01-2012, 08:15 AM
I don't have a problem with the play call at all and here is why. Best case scenario, Barden comes down with it and we score a TD or we get a PI call and that's the game. Either way the chances of the latter happing are far greater then an offensive PI. How often do we ever see that call made going against the O, especially with the PI call we got on a previous play? The odds are almost always in favor of the offense. Sometime you just have to tip your cap to the other team, they made the plays and we didn't.

All in all I think we played we enough to win, the line played excellent against one of if not the best defensive fronts in the league. We threw the ball 42 times and didn't give up a sack, to me that is solid play. And as for our run game, I think we as fans might need to get use to the fact that this is a passing team first, this isn't Parcells giants.

Moke
10-01-2012, 08:18 AM
You don't throw outside to barden 2, 3 times consecutively. One may defend the calls all they want, but I think it was opposite of pure genius.

yoeddy
10-01-2012, 08:20 AM
You don't throw outside to barden 2, 3 times consecutively. One may defend the calls all they want, but I think it was opposite of pure genius.

If that's what the coverage gives you, that's where you throw it, no?

miked1958
10-01-2012, 08:20 AM
yea. but you dont throw it in that situation. Already in Tynes range (44 yards) all you need is a few more insurance yards and the game is ours. He has been BOMBING FGs (11 of 11 prior to that miss) from 40, 45 and 50 all season. TC knowing this had to no reason to go for jugular. It blew up in their faces. Maybe they were thinking theyd catch the eagles sleeping again like they did at the end of the 3rd quarter on that 4th down.

%s say just get 5 or so more yards which was very doable and tynes has a chip shot to win it

Moke
10-01-2012, 08:22 AM
If that's what the coverage gives you, that's where you throw it, no?

Is Barden really what the coverage gave us?

I could have sworn Barden was stuck by a semtex.

miked1958
10-01-2012, 08:25 AM
also getting that ball back with eli as your QB with his 4th quarter record for game winning drives and only needing a FG.. i was 100 percent confident we would win.

Was shocked at the first two plays. No Defense by the Eagles and we botched em both. Cruz falls and on second down another bad snap. We normally go right down the field and get easy tds in these situations. yet we had to be bailed out twice by PI calls just to keep the drive going. 1 was for sure. the other was a bit ticky tack.

The one on Barden was the correct call. He raped namadi. But he had no choice. If the throw is back shoulder to the sideline then only barden can get it. but where it was thrown, namadi is the only one with a good angle to catch it. Barden did what he had to do to make sure it wasnt an INT. otherwise we dont even get to attempt a game winning FG..

Haha. and reid almost Iced himself. what would the headlines in Philly be today if that happend and that 2nd attempt went a few more feet

love_me_some_80
10-01-2012, 08:30 AM
That is one way to look at it but I have a completely different view. We got lucky with the two pass interference calls on that drive, which put us into field goal range. I didn't understand the thought the continue to pass. We could have ran the ball one more time, maybe pick up a few yards, and we are kicking a 40 yrd field goal. Why take the risk of an INT, or sack? I'll have to go back and look but I think Barden thought it was underthrown and with him on the outside he was trying to keep them from intercepting?

I also have to question some of the decisions throughout the game on 3rd and short where instead of looking for the short completion to continue the drive, we went deep, and each time, didn't convert.