PDA

View Full Version : Kruunch's Take (Eagles Game I)

Kruunch
10-01-2012, 09:52 AM
And without further ado ... a more objective look:

1) Eagles are a big play team ... the Giants are vulnerable to the big play. Same thing, different season.

2) How do you play Desean Jackson that softly?

3) McCoy is *the* best running back in the league. It's a shame the Eagles discovered it this week.

4) Osi Osi Osi .... say it with me ... run containment!

5) Despite all that, defense did a great job of keeping the Eagles out of the end zone.

6) JPP continues to be an absolute beast on that line.

7) Being essentially Barden's rookie season ... you're going to have to live through rookie mistakes. But OUCH!

8) Every new receiver (new to starting) on the Giants has to learn to run the route completely (Randle, Bennett, Barden). Every freakin time.

9) Ruben Randle needs to worry less about the refs and more about completing the play (see point #8).

10) WE HAVE A RETURN GAME WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!! (loves me my David Wilson and RR kick/punt returns)

11) Overall meh ... but I am feeling better about Fewell's defense (ironically). While McCoy was able to go a bit nuts in the second half, I thought the defense adjusted nicely where/when it mattered.

12) No, this wasn't Gilbride's fault. No this wasn't Fewell's fault. No this wasn't TC's fault. This is football (hey give the other team some credit).

13) Princess is starting to look decent in the secondary ... now someone teach him run support. Sheeesh.

14) Playing DB for the Giants should be a prison sentence for states that don't have the death penalty. Row 3, Aisle 6 COME ON DOWN!

15) Mistakes, kind of playing a little "off", Eagles FINALLY play mistake free football, Eagles discover that it's not illegal to run the ball ... and we still should have won that game.

16) The sky isn't falling.

Moke
10-01-2012, 09:54 AM
Osi, run containment... hmm, I do agree with you.

When Vick runs the outside, you don't go directly behind Vick, you contain him to the route he's going and let someone from the other side catch him if he makes the cut.

It's easier to visualize what I just said, but I'm sure many people here have seen that.

swimeasy
10-01-2012, 10:14 AM
And without further ado ... a more objective look:

1) Eagles are a big play team ... the Giants are vulnerable to the big play. Same thing, different season.

2) How do you play Desean Jackson that softly?

3) McCoy is *the* best running back in the league. It's a shame the Eagles discovered it this week.

4) Osi Osi Osi .... say it with me ... run containment!

5) Despite all that, defense did a great job of keeping the Eagles out of the end zone.

6) JPP continues to be an absolute beast on that line.

7) Being essentially Barden's rookie season ... you're going to have to live through rookie mistakes. But OUCH!

8) Every new receiver (new to starting) on the Giants has to learn to run the route completely (Randle, Bennett, Barden). Every freakin time.

9) Ruben Randle needs to worry less about the refs and more about completing the play (see point #8).

10) WE HAVE A RETURN GAME WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!! (loves me my David Wilson and RR kick/punt returns)

11) Overall meh ... but I am feeling better about Fewell's defense (ironically). While McCoy was able to go a bit nuts in the second half, I thought the defense adjusted nicely where/when it mattered.

12) No, this wasn't Gilbride's fault. No this wasn't Fewell's fault. No this wasn't TC's fault. This is football (hey give the other team some credit).

13) Princess is starting to look decent in the secondary ... now someone teach him run support. Sheeesh.

14) Playing DB for the Giants should be a prison sentence for states that don't have the death penalty. Row 3, Aisle 6 COME ON DOWN!

15) Mistakes, kind of playing a little "off", Eagles FINALLY play mistake free football, Eagles discover that it's not illegal to run the ball ... and we still should have won that game.

16) The sky isn't falling.

Haha, as always, enjoy your write-ups Kruunch! What say you Obi-Wan regarding the Oline and the run? Must admit, Baas is jumping on my last nerve with his continued snap issues and now teams will game plan using this game. I'm ready for Boothe again.

GMENAGAIN
10-01-2012, 10:19 AM
I think that you pretty much nailed it.

An NFC East game against a good team on the road. We all new it was going to be a tight game, and we turned it over and they didn't. Even so, we still had a good chance to win at the end.

Kruunch
10-01-2012, 02:30 PM
Haha, as always, enjoy your write-ups Kruunch! What say you Obi-Wan regarding the Oline and the run? Must admit, Baas is jumping on my last nerve with his continued snap issues and now teams will game plan using this game. I'm ready for Boothe again.

I'm not a Baas fan either but I'll give him a pass for the slip-snaps last night. Metlife stadium is quickly becoming notorious for producing a slick ball if the humidity gets above 50%.

Overall, I think the oline adjusted nicely after Eli got shelled in the first two series. I think their run blocking is adequet and Bradshaw gains more blame then them for our lack of run production lately (i.e. same oline, and Brown goes nuts).

Unless there is a huge turn around with Baas however, I'm hoping we do something different at center next year. But there's plenty of time for him to get with the program (and he did have some great blocks last night).

GameTime
10-01-2012, 02:36 PM
The whole D blew their discipline with the backside containment....even JPP. That and the lack of a rushing game for the Gmen was the biggest issues IMO.

CruzSoldier
10-01-2012, 02:41 PM
LOL.....Did you here Collinsworth say Baas thinks he's skipiing rocks back there he did it like 3 or 4 times last night.

CruzSoldier
10-01-2012, 02:44 PM
One thing I have never seen is Snee getting pushed back and that's exactly what Fletcher Cox was doing to Snee....all in all the line was average except for Baas snaps and the lack of a push on the rushing plays.

Kruunch
10-01-2012, 03:14 PM
The whole D blew their discipline with the backside containment....even JPP. That and the lack of a rushing game for the Gmen was the biggest issues IMO.

The really puzzling thing about this is that we should have been gashing that Wide-9 defense on the ground all night.

While our run blocking isn't astounding, I just don't think Bradshaw is the running back he was back in 2010 or before. They made a good reference about this lack of vision lately.

GameTime
10-01-2012, 03:18 PM
The really puzzling thing about this is that we should have been gashing that Wide-9 defense on the ground all night.

While our run blocking isn't astounding, I just don't think Bradshaw is the running back he was back in 2010 or before. They made a good reference about this lack of vision lately.
Exactly.....the wide 9 should be vulnerable to the run to a degree. The LBs filling gaps quickly though.

Redeyejedi
Sky isnt falling but I think the Giants are going to have to get to 11 wins this year to secure a playoff spot. The NFC is destroying the AFC in head to heads which means inflated NFC records. Losing these division and NFC games will kill them in tiebreakers. 10 wins I dont believe will get them in

BlueReign
Osi, run containment... hmm, I do agree with you.

When Vick runs the outside, you don't go directly behind Vick, you contain him to the route he's going and let someone from the other side catch him if he makes the cut.

It's easier to visualize what I just said, but I'm sure many people here have seen that.
Osi was taking direct routes to Vick all game. He's used to being faster than the QB, not in this matchup

Kruunch
10-01-2012, 04:09 PM
Sky isnt falling but I think the Giants are going to have to get to 11 wins this year to secure a playoff spot. The NFC is destroying the AFC in head to heads which means inflated NFC records. Losing these division and NFC games will kill them in tiebreakers. 10 wins I dont believe will get them in

Well it's still early to say that since we have rematch games with all these guys. But yeah, losing these early division games is putting us in a potential hole already.

I expect Dallas and the Redskins to fall off. Philly is kind of the wild card since they can be either really good or really bad. However, considering they played virtually mistake free football and still won that game because of a missed field goal, bodes well for us down the road (i.e. I fully expect Vick to implode).

swimeasy
10-01-2012, 08:15 PM
Exactly.....the wide 9 should be vulnerable to the run to a degree. The LBs filling gaps quickly though.

Thanks Kruunch. Double exactly Game Time. :p

I was really hoping they would give Wilson more of a chance since I thought perhaps he could best explode passed those LBs. I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed on that one for when they meet again.

dave56dj
10-01-2012, 09:29 PM
Baas's hand blew up twice as big as normal - his snaps were a direct result of this.

Osi definitely blew contains - but sometimes i think they were a bit harsh on him - Sorry but vick and mccoy are sick athletes with tremendous speed. Sometimes they simply outran the containment. Still no reason for him to jump inside though.

NO ONE likes to see soft coverage - but occasionally you mis it in to show a QB another look - it obviously looked bad when prince was 10 yards off.

WE LOST THE TURNOVER BATTLE - for shame.

Kruunch
10-02-2012, 08:36 AM
Baas's hand blew up twice as big as normal - his snaps were a direct result of this.

Osi definitely blew contains - but sometimes i think they were a bit harsh on him - Sorry but vick and mccoy are sick athletes with tremendous speed. Sometimes they simply outran the containment. Still no reason for him to jump inside though.

NO ONE likes to see soft coverage - but occasionally you mis it in to show a QB another look - it obviously looked bad when prince was 10 yards off.

WE LOST THE TURNOVER BATTLE - for shame.

Baas's hand blew up?

Another point about run containment and playing against a team with a very mobile QB .... we were rushing 3 a number of times last night .... kind of made it easy for Vick to choose when to run.

burier
10-02-2012, 01:07 PM
I'm not a Baas fan either but I'll give him a pass for the slip-snaps last night. Metlife stadium is quickly becoming notorious for producing a slick ball if the humidity gets above 50%.

The game was in Philly.

giantsforce
10-02-2012, 01:25 PM

While our run blocking isn't astounding, I just don't think Bradshaw is the running back he was back in 2010 or before. They made a good reference about this lack of vision lately.Good point about Bradshaw. The Cards run for 101 yards on the Eagles and we run for only 57. The Cards backup Williams run for 83. Is the Cards o-line better than the Giants? I do not think so. At this point, I think Brown "sees' the holes better than Bradshaw. Unfortunately, he did not get enough carries to make a difference.

Kruunch
10-02-2012, 01:27 PM
The game was in Philly.

That's right ... Baas just has butter fingers?

burier
10-02-2012, 01:43 PM
That's right ... Baas just has butter fingers?

Yes

swimeasy
10-02-2012, 02:10 PM
Baas just has butter fingers?

Yes

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n265/Taroleon/GIFS/natalieponsnl.gif

Kruunch
10-02-2012, 02:36 PM
Yeah other then it was drizzling slightly, I'm not sure what other excuse Baas had for the multiple bad snaps.