PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else feel ELI was OFF...?

mfraykor
10-01-2012, 09:04 AM
I just looked to me like he was making really poor passing decisions.... kinda like his earlier days. I can't count how many times he just threw a ball and I shook my head..... I know Oline wasn't helping much.... but last night just seemed OFF....

just sayin

GO GIANTS>>>>

Moke
10-01-2012, 09:05 AM
A little bit.... he looked pretty off actually.

Ruttiger711
10-01-2012, 09:07 AM
Yeah - he hasnt really had pressure like that on him in a while. Lots of passes broken up, but they were right on the receiver so cant really say that's "off" really.

He said he didnt see DRC in the endzone at all, but the pass looked short regardless.

JB456
10-01-2012, 09:10 AM
It wasn't a good game for Eli but if this is his worst game this year, I won't be upset. On top of the interception it looked like he didn't have enough speed on the ball and some of his passes were hanging up there.

Moke
10-01-2012, 09:11 AM
Gilbride thinks Eli is Jesus all of a sudden and he lets him throw deep where it's only necessary to get a few yards. I have 100% certainty that victor cruz or even barden could have ran small slots to gain a few yards... Gilbride can be annoying at times.

gumby74
10-01-2012, 09:14 AM
I think he played ok to be honest. The Eagles have a tough D and Eli is missing Nicks. Sometimes you just have to rely on the WRs to come up with the play - even if it is a questionable decision. Hixon was the man..

Tbonenc
10-01-2012, 09:25 AM
I thought they used Hixon too much and needed to get Barden more involved. Hixon's routes are not very good and he does not work back to the ball. Eli missed Nicks tonight.

Manning
10-01-2012, 09:26 AM
1st half yes. he was good in the 2nd minus the INT.

BigBlue1971
10-01-2012, 09:28 AM
this was an nfce division game where every team knows the other! the egirls know the Giants as well as the Giants know Reid and the egirls.

Eli may have appeared to be "off" but he still put us in position to win the game! we didnt win and thats the problem.

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 09:28 AM
I was not his best game but not horrible either.

Diamondring
10-01-2012, 09:30 AM
The only play I am mad about him was that int in the endzone. The rest was some bad decisions of our other offensive players.

CDN_G-FAN
10-01-2012, 09:34 AM
no one is giving the eagles defense nearly enough credit.

they got pressure, they have a ball hawking secondary, they're good against the run.

there's a reason they were 2-1 while having one of if not the worst turnover +/- in the league.

that's a very good defense. Alot better than ours.

miked1958
10-01-2012, 09:38 AM
1st half yes. he was good in the 2nd minus the INT.there were some balls at peoples feet that WRs couldnt reach or had to go down and make diving or shoe sting catches or he was way over their heads. yea , id say he was a bit off

GCGiant
10-01-2012, 09:46 AM
no one is giving the eagles defense nearly enough credit.

they got pressure, they have a ball hawking secondary, they're good against the run.

there's a reason they were 2-1 while having one of if not the worst turnover +/- in the league.

that's a very good defense. Alot better than ours.

You know...if we all weren't so bored out of our skulls sometimes, and needed to come here just to keep our sanity....

WE WOULD ALL LOOK AT THIS POST, PUT THIS GAME BEHIND US, AND START TALKING ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE!!!

Now...I'm not suggesting we do that for the reason given, but this is just my way of pointing out how great that post was.

I feel, having witnessed it twice before, that the Giants are in as good of shape now as they have been in the past few years, and a couple of those years ended in championships. People are injured...key people...and if they can get them all on the field at the same time for any length of time their chances are just as good as anyone else's in the league.

CDN_G-FAN
10-01-2012, 09:50 AM
You know...if we all weren't so bored out of our skulls sometimes, and needed to come here just to keep our sanity....

WE WOULD ALL LOOK AT THIS POST, PUT THIS GAME BEHIND US, AND START TALKING ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE!!!

Now...I'm not suggesting we do that for the reason given, but this is just my way of pointing out how great that post was.

I feel, having witnessed it twice before, that the Giants are in as good of shape now as they have been in the past few years, and a couple of those years ended in championships. People are injured...key people...and if they can get them all on the field at the same time for any length of time their chances are just as good as anyone else's in the league.

thanks.

we didn't kill ourselves with penalties, we had one bad throw, and a couple different options at the end of the game, none of which were obviously the right choice at the time.

IMHO, there's nothing wrong with admitting that the Eagles were better than us last night.

hopefully the next time we meet, we'll have a different outcome.

mfraykor
10-01-2012, 09:59 AM
Exactly what I was seeing.... lofting passes... short or long... but hanging up for a while. Just didn't seem right

mfraykor
10-01-2012, 10:00 AM
I can agree with you there... they played well. And as for our defense... we are still banged up in the back... but no excuses as to why our pass rush just sank in second half....

Diamondring
10-01-2012, 10:02 AM
I can agree with you there... they played well. And as for our defense... we are still banged up in the back... but no excuses as to why our pass rush just sank in second half....With the type of offense we have, I have no problem with the defense. Giants could have still won that game.

giantsfan420
10-01-2012, 10:24 AM
he threw for over 300 and 2 tds. he made one, maybe two clear bad throws all game. vs phillys #1 ranked pass d...without nicks.

eli played tremendously imo. in the first half, i wasnt upset at the lack of points i was pleased that we ddnt turn it over and make it easy for philly. we were playing for the philly mistake that never came, and we still should have won.

i would grade eli A-. although he made 1 or 2 bad throws, those were the diff. the int, if we score 3 at the least, we're playing for the win or OT at the end. and the PI throw, while i didnt hate it, i thought we woulda hit cruz for like 5 or even run it 2nd and 3rd...when philly didnt cll their TO after our 1rst down run, it mucked up everything bc it caught us off guard.

2-2, eli playing top level ball. im not too worried. that was an absolute perfect game by philly, they played to the best they could imho. we, well we didnt and we didnt have nicks and we still should have won.

Drez
10-01-2012, 10:27 AM
Actually, I thought the entire offense looked a half a click off last night.

Drez
10-01-2012, 10:28 AM
he threw for over 300 and 2 tds. he made one, maybe two clear bad throws all game. vs phillys #1 ranked pass d...without nicks.

eli played tremendously imo. in the first half, i wasnt upset at the lack of points i was pleased that we ddnt turn it over and make it easy for philly. we were playing for the philly mistake that never came, and we still should have won.

i would grade eli A-. although he made 1 or 2 bad throws, those were the diff. the int, if we score 3 at the least, we're playing for the win or OT at the end. and the PI throw, while i didnt hate it, i thought we woulda hit cruz for like 5 or even run it 2nd and 3rd...when philly didnt cll their TO after our 1rst down run, it mucked up everything bc it caught us off guard.

2-2, eli playing top level ball. im not too worried. that was an absolute perfect game by philly, they played to the best they could imho. we, well we didnt and we didnt have nicks and we still should have won.
Eli gets a B at best for this game. That pick in the endzone was BRUTAL and should have never been thrown. That one play alone caps his grade at a B. The only way he could have gotten higher is if we scored a TD on the final drive to win the game. That did not happen.

GMENAGAIN
10-01-2012, 10:35 AM
Eli gets a B at best for this game. That pick in the endzone was BRUTAL and should have never been thrown. That one play alone caps his grade at a B. The only way he could have gotten higher is if we scored a TD on the final drive to win the game. That did not happen.

I agree. No way you give Eli an A- with that end zone pick.

mfraykor
10-01-2012, 10:36 AM
TREMENDOUSLY...??? REALLY?? nah...can't go that far... LOL..

jakegibbs
10-01-2012, 10:41 AM
I just looked to me like he was making really poor passing decisions.... kinda like his earlier days. I can't count how many times he just threw a ball and I shook my head..... I know Oline wasn't helping much.... but last night just seemed OFF....

just sayin

GO GIANTS>>>>

He was shaking his head wondering when & if his recievers were going to get off press coverage. When they did he threw for 300+ yards. Too many crucial possessions the recivers got whupped by the Eagles D backs. End of story. Nicks would have had a field day on that type of press coverage.

gumby74
10-01-2012, 10:59 AM

Eli played well all things considered. But he had more than a couple bad throws. Hixon bailed him out on numerous occasions with great catches.
Tremendous?! C'mon man.

CDN_G-FAN
10-01-2012, 11:03 AM
i think we're becoming dependent on Eli playing basically flawless and getting us back into games.

we didn't make enough plays on defense, and our offensive line didn't make enough plays either.

eli didn't have is best game, and it appears that unless he does we're not going to win games.

G-MENBK
10-01-2012, 11:05 AM
Expect more of the same yesterday, as was the case last season. When you're running game is only amassing 57 yards, guaran-DAMN-teed that Eli is going to be left to carry that offense, again.

Giants928
10-01-2012, 11:13 AM
Eli played good, but I think he tends to force throws and that's really his only problem.

CDN_G-FAN
10-01-2012, 11:17 AM
Expect more of the same yesterday, as was the case last season. When you're running game is only amassing 57 yards, guaran-DAMN-teed that Eli is going to be left to carry that offense, again.

and we're not going to win enough games doing that.

you're seeing these high powered offenses (GB, Saints, Pats) who also have suspect running games, getting knocked in the mouth by these tough defenses. They're losing those games because unless they can score 30 points, they can't control the clock and they can't win.

i'd rather be in the position that Seattle or Arizona or the 49ers are with really tough defenses and decent running games, than FORCING Eli to make comebacks in the 4th quarter.

burier
10-01-2012, 11:37 AM
Eli seemed a bit off. Especially in the first half. I still can't get over that int. Mind boggling. You gotta at least get 3 there.

That said. Beatty took points off the board too. Justin Tuck got worked like a mule and Osi should have been benched. Pleanty of blame to go around on this one. And I'd actually leave Tynes out of it.

Diamondring
10-01-2012, 11:44 AM
and we're not going to win enough games doing that.

you're seeing these high powered offenses (GB, Saints, Pats) who also have suspect running games, getting knocked in the mouth by these tough defenses. They're losing those games because unless they can score 30 points, they can't control the clock and they can't win.

i'd rather be in the position that Seattle or Arizona or the 49ers are with really tough defenses and decent running games, than FORCING Eli to make comebacks in the 4th quarter.Getting first down and a set of downs takes time off the clock. Running can become a 3 and out just like the pass and still not take time off the clock. A lot of teams can win a lot of games without rushing for 100 yards but most teams can't make it without a decent passing attack.

CDN_G-FAN
10-01-2012, 11:47 AM
Getting first down and a set of downs takes time off the clock. Running can become a 3 and out just like the pass and still not take time off the clock. A lot of teams can win a lot of games without rushing for 100 yards but most teams can't make it without a decent passing attack.

if i had to have one or the other, i'd take passing.

but i don't want to be the the Saints or the Packers, especially when our defense is playing the way it has been this year.

Blueshine
10-01-2012, 11:47 AM
Eli had a bad game.

Drez
10-01-2012, 11:55 AM
Eli seemed a bit off. Especially in the first half. I still can't get over that int. Mind boggling. You gotta at least get 3 there.

That said. Beatty took points off the board too. Justin Tuck got worked like a mule and Osi should have been benched. Pleanty of blame to go around on this one. And I'd actually leave Tynes out of it.
You can't fault a kicker for missing a 55 yard FG. I don't think I've seen one person point a finger at Tynes.

Drez
10-01-2012, 11:56 AM

It was raining a bit in the early goings. I wonder if he was having issues with a wet ball.

Diamondring
10-01-2012, 11:57 AM
You can't fault a kicker for missing a 55 yard FG. I don't think I've seen one person point a finger at Tynes.He shouldn't even have to kick it thanks to Barden who can't even catch a jump ball.

CDN_G-FAN
10-01-2012, 11:58 AM
You can't fault a kicker for missing a 55 yard FG. I don't think I've seen one person point a finger at Tynes.

yee of little faith in this rabid messageboard:

http://boards.giants.com/showthread.php?20194-I-DO-NOT-LIKE-LAWRENCE-TYNES

Drez
10-01-2012, 12:00 PM
yee of little faith in this rabid messageboard:

http://boards.giants.com/showthread.php?20194-I-DO-NOT-LIKE-LAWRENCE-TYNES

My bad. I underestimated the stupidity of some of the posters here, lol.

CowboysSuck
10-01-2012, 12:01 PM
Eli was getting pressured all night. Eli didnt have his favorite target Hakeem Nicks. Eli doesn't trust Hixon or Barden as much as he does Nicks. We didnt have much of a run game to help Eli out in the pass game. We were trailing most of the game.

With all of that, would anyone expect Eli to have a career night? No...not even close

giantsfan420
10-01-2012, 12:01 PM
i dont think i heard ONE person outside a couple posters here claim eli could go for 300 and a couple tds. we were w/o nicks. and philly had the 1rst ranked d or pass d iirc.

i may have gone overboard. tremendous was a reach. but all in all, i really do believe he played awesome. that 2nd half, he moved the ball at will thru the air.

we had 59! 59! yds rushing. it really was bc of eli and 2 goal line stands we even had a chance.

i dunno. that one int was horrible and the diff in the game imho, but that was ONE bad throw. a horrific throw, but still ONE. he didnt get much help the 1rst half...
a- was strong i;ll amend it to b plus...i was happy wit his performance. ppl are forgetting after that int, he led an 83 yd drive iirc in like 2 min...

FUUFNF
10-01-2012, 12:05 PM

It was a 54 yarder that he essentially missed twice... 54 yard FGs are pretty common in today's NFL.

SuperNYGiants
10-01-2012, 12:09 PM
In most cases Eli makes stars out of WR, but last night told me that in the case of Nicks, it's a two-way street.

G-MENBK
10-01-2012, 12:12 PM
In most cases Eli makes stars out of WR, but last night told me that in the case of Nicks, it's a two-way street.

There were a few drops in the game as well. Everyone is focusing on the Barden penalty but people forget that Eli also threw another ball to Barden which he didn't finish the catch, as well as a throw to Hixon that he didn't corral in.

burier
10-01-2012, 12:14 PM

hyperbole

thegreatone
10-01-2012, 12:18 PM
Besides the int in the end zone ( not sure how he didn't see it) I thought he played fairly well. He threaded he needle on several throws. What was off was our play calling. 1 run in our first 6 plays and very few runs the entire game after a 100 yard 2 td performance the week before. I don't get it, I don get how you don't go with brown when Bradshaw has been mediocre for so long, I don't get how you call a to to pull brown on 3rd n short to put in shaw, I just don't get it

gumby74
10-01-2012, 12:19 PM
The fact that we need Eli to play perfectly to win is a huge problem.

SuperNYGiants
10-01-2012, 12:36 PM
Yes the play-calling from the start was horrible, can't try mid-range passing all the time against that pass rush, Gilbride the silver-haired maniac is showing up again.

B-Red22
10-01-2012, 12:38 PM

just sayin

GO GIANTS>>>>

thats what happens when your O LINE isn't blocking well

TheEnigma
10-01-2012, 12:43 PM

Pretty much. I'm a little jealous of how Alex Smith can just herp derp all day on offense with an awesome running game and short to intermediate passes, throw off target at least 5 times in a game, and still have his team crush the opposition. Almost every pass by Eli is a make or break situation for the tempo of the offense.

BeatYale
10-01-2012, 12:44 PM
The int doesn't surprise me anymore, that's Eli being Eli. Sometimes he's fortunate enough to not deal with the consequences of bad decisions and throws, like in the 49ers playoff game where he was tossing the ball to 49er DB's in double coverage, but they were slamming into each other dropping the interceptions! The red zone int he threw last night was a game changer. The red zone int against TB was also a game changer at the time that it occurred. By now I've just accepted the fact that he isn't going to be a QB like Rodgers or Brady that's capable of putting up a stellar TD-Int ratio. However, he has become great at getting himself out of holes that he digs up in the first half. God bless his 4th quarter skills.

Diamondring
10-01-2012, 12:46 PM
The fact that we need Eli to play perfectly to win is a huge problem.No no no that stupid ints in the endzone with no pressure and a guy who was in a zone underneither with no disuise. Eli knows better than that.

G-MENBK
10-01-2012, 12:48 PM
No no no that stupid ints in the endzone with no pressure and a guy who was in a zone underneither with no disuise. Eli knows better than that.

After the interception, Eagles marched up and got a field. Eli got a touchdown and the lead.

Know what happened next?

Eagles marched up and got a field goal.

gumby74
10-01-2012, 12:50 PM
After the interception, Eagles marched up and got a field. Eli got a touchdown and the lead.

Know what happened next?

Eagles marched up and got a field goal.

I can't believe people are putting the blame on the defense. If someone told you that the eagles would score 19 points the entire game. Would you do it? I thought so.

Diamondring
10-01-2012, 12:51 PM

Know what happened next?

Eagles marched up and got a field goal.The int in the endzone should have never happened.

G-MENBK
10-01-2012, 12:53 PM
I can't believe people are putting the blame on the defense. If someone told you that the eagles would score 19 points the entire game. Would you do it? I thought so.

I'm not putting the blame solely on the D, but there's no defending allowing 170 yards of rushing in the second half, making Vick redeem himself and both he and McCoy making our D-Line look like a joke and a half.

TrueBlue@NYC
10-01-2012, 12:54 PM

I agree that it was disappointing that the defense didn't hold the lead near the end of the game overall they played well containing a very explosive offense. They gave up yards but held strong in the red zone. We should win games where we hold a offense like that to 19 points.

We were exactly where we wanted to be at the end of the game. In position to win it at the end. They had the time, they just made an error at the end that cost them.

burier
10-01-2012, 12:54 PM

Your job as a defense is more than limiting points. You have to play in situations. You have to rise to the occassion. They get off the field on Philly's last drive and we're talking about a win instead of a loss. Now I'm not putting all of the blame on the D but damn...I wish they could shut down a game in the clutch for once.

G-MENBK
10-01-2012, 12:55 PM
The int in the endzone should have never happened.

There's no defending it, but at the end of the day, Eli still got us over 300 yards of passing and two touchdowns; one that followed the costly interception. If anything, I'm more pissed off at our running game.

BeatYale
10-01-2012, 12:59 PM
There's no defending it, but at the end of the day, Eli still got us over 300 yards of passing and two touchdowns; one that followed the costly interception. If anything, I'm more pissed off at our running game.

We lost by 2 points. Regardless of how our next drive went, the int in the redzone prevented us from securing at least 3 points on that drive. The worst case scenario in the redzone is a turnover and it's happened in 2 of our 4 games this season.

G-MENBK
10-01-2012, 01:03 PM
We lost by 2 points. Regardless of how our next drive went, the int in the redzone prevented us from securing at least 3 points on that drive.

It did, and did we not score a TD when we got the ball again? Score was 17-16, Giants. What happened when the Eagles got the ball back?

SuperNYGiants
10-01-2012, 01:06 PM
If the offense wasn't so ineffective and had the defense work over-load in the first half, maybe, just maybe the defense wouldn't run out of gas and have Vick and co. run all over the place.

Yeah, I blame the putrid offense more than the defense last night.

G-MENBK
10-01-2012, 01:08 PM
If the offense wasn't so ineffective and had the defense work over-load in the first half, maybe, just maybe the defense wouldn't run out of gas and have Vick and co. run all over the place.

Yeah, I blame the putrid offense more than the defense last night.

Three teams made the Eagles cough up that ball and made Reid question his QB. We reassured Vick at least one more week where he's a starter, and the Eagles coughed up the ball 0 times. Even someone else said it, our one LB got us a sack, which was a garbage sack to begin with.

gumby74
10-01-2012, 01:09 PM
Your job as a defense is more than limiting points. You have to play in situations. You have to rise to the occassion. They get off the field on Philly's last drive and we're talking about a win instead of a loss. Now I'm not putting all of the blame on the D but damn...I wish they could shut down a game in the clutch for once.

Slice it howevery you want, they gave up 19 points. They did their job. Rise to the occasion? A game is 60 minutes long. Not 40 seconds. You'd want to evaluate a performance by their entire body of work no?

Ruttiger711
10-01-2012, 01:11 PM
No no no that stupid ints in the endzone with no pressure and a guy who was in a zone underneither with no disuise. Eli knows better than that.

It wasn't so much a bad decision as Eli simply did not see the defender there. He didn't see the coverage and just chuck it anyway.

BeatYale
10-01-2012, 01:18 PM
It did, and did we not score a TD when we got the ball again? Score was 17-16, Giants. What happened when the Eagles got the ball back?

I'm saying we missed out on at least 3 points on that drive. 14 points from two drives is better than 7 points from two drives. 10 points from two drives is better than 7 points from two drives. Do you understand that?

G-MENBK
10-01-2012, 01:21 PM
I'm saying we missed out on at least 3 points on that drive. 14 points from two drives is better than 7 points from two drives. 10 points from two drives is better than 7 points from two drives. Do you understand that?

There's no guarantee that the second drive would have allowed us to put up more points had we scored the first time around. I don't do hypotheticals.

Diamondring
10-01-2012, 01:21 PM
It wasn't so much a bad decision as Eli simply did not see the defender there. He didn't see the coverage and just chuck it anyway.He saw it cause it was right there in front of him.

Diamondring
10-01-2012, 01:24 PM
It wasn't so much a bad decision as Eli simply did not see the defender there. He didn't see the coverage and just chuck it anyway.Hell no no excuse. Now this is when excuses comes into effect. Defender was right there in front of him.

Ruttiger711
10-01-2012, 01:28 PM
He saw it cause it was right there in front of him.

You are talking about the DRC pick right? QB's don't have the benefit of the tv camera angles - what's clear to us can easily be obscured on actual field level.

He said he didn't see him - no reason for me to believe otherwise. Mistake? Yes Bad decision, no.

Diamondring
10-01-2012, 01:30 PM
You are talking about the DRC pick right? QB's don't have the benefit of the tv camera angles - what's clear to us can easily be obscured on actual field level.

He said he didn't see him - no reason for me to believe otherwise. Mistake? Yes Bad decision, no.There was one int that was in the endzone and I don't care what you are talking about. Eli should have seen that defender in the zone on that play.

SuperNYGiants
10-01-2012, 01:32 PM
How the hell does Eli not see him? The guy barely moved and Eli passed it right to him, there was no disguise coverage at all, Eli made a mistake AND a bad decision. That pass itself was not a high percentage pass, it floated on Eli too.

Diamondring
10-01-2012, 01:36 PM
How the hell does Eli not see him? The guy barely moved and Eli passed it right to him, there was no disguise coverage at all, Eli made a mistake AND a bad decision. That pass itself was not a high percentage pass, it floated on Eli too.You are so right.

Ruttiger711
10-01-2012, 01:45 PM
Ok - so he saw him, despite saying he didn't.

Diamondring
10-01-2012, 01:49 PM
Ok - so he saw him, despite saying he didn't.Eli does not tell the truth all of the time. The man was right there and that stupid qb threw it regardless when there were other options. He had a lot of time on that play and his excuse was I didn't see him. I thought Eli admit his mistakes?

Ruttiger711
10-01-2012, 01:53 PM
Eli does not tell the truth all of the time. The man was right there and that stupid qb threw it regardless when there were other options. He had a lot of time on that play and his excuse was I didn't see him. I thought Eli admit his mistakes?

He did! The mistake was HE DIDN'T SEE THE GUY!

Of course he SHOULD have, but he didn't.

As for straight up lying about it - where's the precedence?

GameTime
10-01-2012, 01:54 PM
How the hell does Eli not see him? The guy barely moved and Eli passed it right to him, there was no disguise coverage at all, Eli made a mistake AND a bad decision. That pass itself was not a high percentage pass, it floated on Eli too.
its called a mistake

Eliscruzzz
10-01-2012, 01:56 PM
10 days off yeah he was rusty definitely but he got it going in late in the 1st half and in the 2nd we just can't expect him to be superman and save us at the end..

GameTime
10-01-2012, 01:58 PM
10 days off yeah he was rusty definitely but he got it going in late in the 1st half and in the 2nd we just can't expect him to be superman and save us at the end..
time off had 0 to do with it.
He made a mistake....plain and simple. Wasnt his first and wont be his last. But they had more than enough opportunities to make up for it. They didnt get it done on both sides of the ball.

Drez
10-01-2012, 01:58 PM
It was a 54 yarder that he essentially missed twice... 54 yard FGs are pretty common in today's NFL.
Not common enough to be expected as a made play. 54 yard FGs are more misseable than they are makeable.

Drez
10-01-2012, 02:01 PM
Slice it howevery you want, they gave up 19 points. They did their job. Rise to the occasion? A game is 60 minutes long. Not 40 seconds. You'd want to evaluate a performance by their entire body of work no?

And in the defense did not do it's job in the 55th through 58th minutes of play. They needed to not limit scoring there, but prevent scoring there.

TrueBlue@NYC
10-01-2012, 02:06 PM
He did! The mistake was HE DIDN'T SEE THE GUY!

Of course he SHOULD have, but he didn't.

As for straight up lying about it - where's the precedence?.

Yep, Eli just didn't see him. I think it actually had alot to do with how the receivers broke their routes, it looked like the three receivers in that bunch formation broke outside, maybe seeing them break like that Eli assumed there was no defender there.

I'm not blaming the receivers on the play, even if at least one of them probably ran the wrong route b/c their spacing was really poor on that play, Eli should have seen DRC standing there. Eagles have definitly gotten in Eli's head a little bit. You could see it with how many times he pulled back on some throws, something he almost never does.

Even on the TD pass to Cruz the defense knew where ball was going and had to perfect play call in place with the Lber undercutting the slant, he just didn't get there in time.

SuperNYGiants
10-01-2012, 02:10 PM
its called a mistake
It's also a bad decision based on the type of pass itself, it was very risky, a jump ball pass, that pass should've never been attempted.

Roswell777
10-01-2012, 02:12 PM
Interception aside, it really seemed to my untrained eyes that Eli wasn't stepping into his throws most of the night. The Eagles got early pressure on him, without sacks, but he was off his rhythm early. Couple that with a missing Nicks, a missing running game and the fact that Baas was having problems snapping in the shot gun and you have an off day for the offense.

Ruttiger711
10-01-2012, 02:15 PM

Yep, Eli just didn't see him. I think it actually had alot to do with how the receivers broke their routes, it looked like the three receivers in that bunch formation broke outside, maybe seeing them break like that Eli assumed there was no defender there.

I'm not blaming the receivers on the play, even if at least one of them probably ran the wrong route b/c their spacing was really poor on that play, Eli should have seen DRC standing there. Eagles have definitly gotten in Eli's head a little bit. You could see it with how many times he pulled back on some throws, something he almost never does.

Even on the TD pass to Cruz the defense knew where ball was going and had to perfect play call in place with the Lber undercutting the slant, he just didn't get there in time.

If you watch the int play - Cruz is on Eli's left covered along with a linebacker. DRC is standing directly behind them and when Eli makes he throw he back peddles into the throw spot.

It's on NFL.com to watch - you just have to realize Eli doesn't have the same view as the camera covering it 20' in the air!

Redeyejedi
10-01-2012, 02:15 PM
The Eagles get 2 him late in games. His decision making isnt as sharp. He throws that ball away instead of forcing it 2 Barden they win.Tynes hits that FG im convinced

GameTime
10-01-2012, 02:16 PM
It's also a bad decision based on the type of pass itself, it was very risky, a jump ball pass, that pass should've never been attempted.
I am not going to sit here and trash Eli for it. Thats all I mean. He messed up.
He attempted it because he blew his read on the play not because he just trew it up willy nilly.

SuperNYGiants
10-01-2012, 02:20 PM
The Eagles get 2 him late in games. His decision making isnt as sharp. He throws that ball away instead of forcing it 2 Barden they win.Tynes hits that FG im convinced
Right. I don't want it to be the case, but after last night, the Eagles are clearly in Eli's head now. That's going to be an issue...

Zaggs
10-01-2012, 02:22 PM
Interception aside, it really seemed to my untrained eyes that Eli wasn't stepping into his throws most of the night. The Eagles got early pressure on him, without sacks, but he was off his rhythm early. Couple that with a missing Nicks, a missing running game and the fact that Baas was having problems snapping in the shot gun and you have an off day for the offense.

Alot of the time he couldn't step into his throws because of the pressure. That was definitely the case in the first half.

Eliscruzzz
10-01-2012, 02:23 PM
time off had 0 to do with it.
He made a mistake....plain and simple. Wasnt his first and wont be his last. But they had more than enough opportunities to make up for it. They didnt get it done on both sides of the ball.I don't know if it had 'nothing" to do with it especially in the beginning of the game you could tell the wr were rusty and so was Eli he was over throwing guys real bad in the beginning and that 10 days does make a difference when before that you didn't play but on 1 Sunday. that's just me though...I also never said they did get it done thanks for stating the obvious......

Ruttiger711
10-01-2012, 02:25 PM
I am not going to sit here and trash Eli for it. Thats all I mean. He messed up.
He attempted it because he blew his read on the play not because he just trew it up willy nilly.

That's the only point I'm trying to make as well.

GameTime
10-01-2012, 02:27 PM
I don't know if it had 'nothing" to do with it especially in the beginning of the game you could tell the wr were rusty and so was Eli he was over throwing guys real bad in the beginning and that 10 days does make a difference when before that you didn't play but on 1 Sunday. that's just me though...I also never said they did get it done thanks for stating the obvious......
Easy bro....not attacking you I just have a dif opinion thats all. WR were rusty becsuse it was Hixon and Barden. Cruz looked fine. His read on this particular play was bad. The throw was bad because he shouldnt have thrown it.

TheEnigma
10-01-2012, 02:27 PM

Just a few more yards and we would of had that 54 yard FG. I completely agree that Tynes would of made it from a slightly shorter distance.

Eliscruzzz
10-01-2012, 02:31 PM
Easy bro....not attacking you I just have a dif opinion thats all. WR were rusty becsuse it was Hixon and Barden. Cruz looked fine. His read on this particular play was bad. The throw was bad because he shouldnt have thrown it.Yeah it doesn't really matter who the wr's are they to me had to much time to think about what they were going to do against the Eagles it's almost as if they were over thinking themselves and that includes the whole team and that is the reason why I thought they looked rusty out there from the coaching staff to the players. Hixon still had over 100 yards as did Cruz in the begining the all looked off to me off=rusty

Robert21156
10-01-2012, 03:25 PM
i think we're becoming dependent on Eli playing basically flawless and getting us back into games.

we didn't make enough plays on defense, and our offensive line didn't make enough plays either.

eli didn't have is best game, and it appears that unless he does we're not going to win games.
You're exactly right - we are TOO dependent on Eli being almost perfect. Given a really good pocket WITH Nicks back healthy, he can come close to that, but we didn't give good protection at all and didn't have Nicks. Eli had almost no room to step into throws and he needs that more than some QB's. Would I take the Eagles secondary over the Giants? In a New York minute, and every other Giant fan would as well. Our guys aren't even close enough to draw pass interference penalties!!!

Robert21156
10-01-2012, 03:28 PM
Alot of the time he couldn't step into his throws because of the pressure. That was definitely the case in the first half.
Yeah, it's amazing that people can't see that Eli doesn't have room to step into many throws at all because our line has been pushed back into his face. Sometimes he goes ahead and makes a throw without proper footwork and gets away with it, sometimes he doesn't. But our o-line sucks and no objective observer can deny that.

Robert21156
10-01-2012, 03:37 PM
My gosh I actually agree with you!!! Eli's just not going to play perfect. We need defensive guys to stay home instead of crashing inside, and it would be nice to actually see results from our highly overrated defensive pass rush. O-line needs to give Eli a little better protection than a mobile QB, and shotgun snaps that don't dribble would be nice as well. How about players keeping healthy, especially Nicks, who seems to be more injury prone than we can take?

Manning
10-01-2012, 03:49 PM
Eli cost us the game on the pick, not the throw to Barden. The Barden throw was a bad throw. He had 1-on-1 coverage with a 6-6 WR. Eli trusts his receivers in those situations. He threw it too long, and I would want him to throw it in that direction again. Hind sight is 20/20 but I can tell you I would have been shaking in my boots if Tynes had to kick a 45 yard FG as well. If he missed that you would all have been screaming that the giants wasted 45 seconds on the clock when they could have made it an easier kick.

cease
10-01-2012, 04:50 PM
THE BALL DID'NT HAVE THAT POP 2 IT ,HIS #'s WERE STILL GOOD

Diamondring
10-01-2012, 05:15 PM
My gosh I actually agree with you!!! Eli's just not going to play perfect. We need defensive guys to stay home instead of crashing inside, and it would be nice to actually see results from our highly overrated defensive pass rush. O-line needs to give Eli a little better protection than a mobile QB, and shotgun snaps that don't dribble would be nice as well. How about players keeping healthy, especially Nicks, who seems to be more injury prone than we can take?He would have played perfect if it wasn't for that pick.

Weygand
10-01-2012, 05:15 PM

just sayin

GO GIANTS>>>>

Manning looked pretty good based on his numbers without seeing the Gamebook. He got a big night from Hixon and Cruz was good for 9 catches and 8 players had receptions so the looks were spread around pretty well.

Divisional games against rivals are always tough. This one especially.