PDA

View Full Version : Do the Math . . . . . .

GMENAGAIN
10-01-2012, 09:05 AM
Eagles - Zero Turnovers.

Giants - INT in the end zone.

Eagles win. Pretty simple.

Moke
10-01-2012, 09:08 AM
Nice way to look at it. The INT in the endzone killed us because those were at least 3 points that we could have had.

Unfortunate, but we have to be careful with that. Eagles have a good redzone defense though.

Dwinsballgames
10-01-2012, 09:11 AM
Nice way to look at it. The INT in the endzone killed us because those were at least 3 points that we could have had.

Unfortunate, but we have to be careful with that. Eagles have a good redzone defense though.

Right, and the eagles turned that int. into 3 points of their own so it was a 6 point swing in their favor. That's the game right there.

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 09:15 AM
Or 8 losses in the last 9 tries. They simply own the Giants.

Diamondring
10-01-2012, 09:19 AM
Eagles - Zero Turnovers.

Eagles win. Pretty simple.I have to agree on you with that one.

miked1958
10-01-2012, 09:43 AM
Right, and the eagles turned that int. into 3 points of their own so it was a 6 point swing in their favor. That's the game right there.well really in fairness that is on the defense because that drive started on their own 10 yard line. yes it does count as points off a turnover but if your defense cant stop them from going that distance then a good amount of the blame goes on them. its not like they took over on our 10 yard line.

also...coming in with the way the eagles were turnover machines in first three games, i really thought our D would get 4 or 5 easy. not the case, hence divisional games cant be predicted. I was one of the ones that was thinking we would blow them out. lol

tonyt830
10-01-2012, 09:46 AM
Eagles - Zero Turnovers.

Eagles win. Pretty simple.that, plus the Eagle nullified our pass rush in the 2nd half, by effectively running the ball and gashing our D.

Eli2Shockey4aTD
10-01-2012, 10:05 AM
That was a great design by the defense to get that INT. Cromartie was just floating in the secondary and his sole purpose seemed to be so that he would be in position to take the ball away.

giantyankee1976
10-01-2012, 10:32 AM
they couldn't stop the run for ****...

Drez
10-01-2012, 10:35 AM
Eagles - Zero Turnovers.

Was that a very big cause. Yes, it was. So was Barden's penalty. So was the defense allowing Philly to score every possession in the second half. There was no one single cause to this loss, but a collection of miscues that had one of them not happened would have likely led to a Giants win.

Even though your math works, it isn't necessarily correct.

RoanokeFan
10-01-2012, 10:36 AM
Eagles - Zero Turnovers.

Hence, the "dog house"

BlueReign
10-01-2012, 10:37 AM
We came up five yards short without Hakeem Nicks. Not too discouraged by this loss. KP will (hopefully) be on the field when we play them again and we will win. Tip your cap to the Eagles last night, they played well as did our Giants.

GameTime
10-01-2012, 10:37 AM
Eagles - Zero Turnovers.

Eagles 195 yards on the ground
Giants 57
thats the simple reason they lost....

Diamondring
10-01-2012, 10:42 AM
Giants 57
thats the simple reason they lost....Naw, Running and passing is about getting yards. Giants had the chance to score and Eli blew it.

GameTime
10-01-2012, 10:44 AM
Naw, Running and passing is about getting yards. Giants had the chance to score and Eli blew it.
Eli did blow that play.
Running and passing are about way more then just yards. Its about eating up the clock, time of possesion, moving the chains, setting up play action, and scoring points. The lack of Giants run game, IMO, and poor defensive disclipline were the biggest reasons for the loss. Thats just me though. Not trying to convince anybody.

RoanokeFan
10-01-2012, 10:46 AM
Giants 57
thats the simple reason they lost....

That sure didn't help

GameTime
10-01-2012, 10:48 AM
That sure didn't help
I was at work last night. Listening to most of the game on the radio. Was getting angry. Got home just in time to see the FG come up short.
Just hate going 0-2 in the div.....

CruzSoldier
10-01-2012, 10:49 AM
I wouldn't say OWN when the Giants alway seem to snatch defeat from Victory and they always seem to play us when we have our best players injured. Owned is when your getting blown out but if you look at the games over the last 9 most of the losses where by 7 points our less.

kbusch22
10-01-2012, 10:50 AM
2-2 isn't the end of the world, but starting off 0-2 in the division could be very costly. I really expect every team in the East to finish between 7 to 9 wins, so tiebreakers could have some massive bearing on this season.

Dwinsballgames
10-01-2012, 10:51 AM
Or 8 losses in the last 9 tries. They simply own the Giants.

Sorry, but that's got nothing to do with why we lost last night. That's the effect, not the cause.

Diamondring
10-01-2012, 10:57 AM
Eli did blow that play.
Running and passing are about way more then just yards. Its about eating up the clock, time of possesion, moving the chains, setting up play action, and scoring points. The lack of Giants run game, IMO, and poor defensive disclipline were the biggest reasons for the loss. Thats just me though. Not trying to convince anybody.That is your job to convince us other posters cause you are a poster and should know the game. Yet Eagles running game didn't take a lot off the clock and the Giants had a chance to win the game at the end..

GameTime
10-01-2012, 11:10 AM
That is your job to convince us other posters cause you are a poster and should know the game. Yet Eagles running game didn't take a lot off the clock and the Giants had a chance to win the game at the end..
Not saying the eagle run game was the ONLY reason but IMO it was the biggest factor in the Giants not being able to maintain the lead they had.
200 yards to 57. Also makes the Giants burn TO s towards then end of the game too.

miked1958
10-01-2012, 02:40 PM
Or 8 losses in the last 9 tries. They simply own the Giants. in those last 8 out of 9 wins that philly has OWNED us how many SB Titles did it game them????

I will take those same numbers every 4 or 5 years and lose 8 of 9 to them and let them OWN US if we can come out with 2 SB Titles every 5 seasons..

I am good with it.