PDA

View Full Version : Stop with the recriminations people

Pages : 1 [2]

FUUFNF
10-01-2012, 02:27 PM
And Tynes doesn't have the same leg strength as Akers. And didn't Akers just miss 2 FGs yesterday, one of which being a 55 yarder and the other of 40 yarder?

I'm talking about likelihood... Akers would probably feel pretty confident about a 54 yard attempt as it is very well in his range... Would Tynes feel the same way?... Doubt it... Take a look at the league wide stats on 50+ FGs... There are far more makes than misses... If it comes down to simply an issue of leg strength, maybe we should consider an upgrade.

egyptian420
10-01-2012, 02:56 PM
I agree with the OP....losing in a close game like that on primetime, especially to a division rival like the Eagles, is tough to swallow but all this finger pointing is just a waste of time until next week.

Most of the TB game we played like trash until the end. Then not even a week later, we wiped the ground with Carolina. Last night, not so much, but we were hurt and facing a division rival that always has our number even when we're healthy.

Get over it! I'm focussing on the Browns right now.

pokerpunk
10-01-2012, 03:04 PM
It comes down to this guys and girls. Just like the Greenbay/Seattle game, (penalty not called in the endzone) if our beloved Giants would have played better then it would'nt have come down to one play. Wheather or not you feel it was the PI call on Barden, Eli's INT in the endzone or the decision to not go for a quick out pass on 3rd down before the fieldgoal try. We all know how tough the division rival games are and the Giants simply jist needed to pplay better.

yatitle
10-01-2012, 03:11 PM
It was a hard fought game that we came up 2 yards short on. Its not Baas' fault, its not Barden's fault...etc...
We played pretty well, while undermanned.

To blame a player or group of players for this loss is silly.
Tough loss but no one player or play "cost us the game". They just eaked out a tough win.

Absolutely agree. If they give that kind of effort the rest of the way they will be fine. If Nicks plays, I have no doubt the Giants win. Also where is Philly going to improve off this game. That O-line can't play better than that, they didn't turn it over and they still barely beat us without Nicks. As Rolle said afterthe game there is a lot of football left.

EddieBlue
10-01-2012, 03:17 PM
Lol. All these excuses. I'd like someone to explain the 8 of 9 losses please. Come on. They own the Giants and that is all. One day they may turn the tables on them but for about a decade they own the Giants.

Yep...just don't own any superbowl jewlery....enjoy the victory.

GameTime
10-01-2012, 03:18 PM
Absolutely agree. If they give that kind of effort the rest of the way they will be fine. If Nicks plays, I have no doubt the Giants win. Also where is Philly going to improve off this game. That O-line can't play better than that, they didn't turn it over and they still barely beat us without Nicks. As Rolle said afterthe game there is a lot of football left.
you think if the Giants give up 200 yards rushing and only get 57 yards rushing from the offense that they will be "alright"....
The Giants have to give better effort than that. They will I hope...

EddieBlue
10-01-2012, 03:19 PM
I'm talking about likelihood... Akers would probably feel pretty confident about a 54 yard attempt as it is very well in his range... Would Tynes feel the same way?... Doubt it... Take a look at the league wide stats on 50+ FGs... There are far more makes than misses... If it comes down to simply an issue of leg strength, maybe we should consider an upgrade.

HGH for tynes.

GameTime
10-01-2012, 03:21 PM
I agree with the OP....losing in a close game like that on primetime, especially to a division rival like the Eagles, is tough to swallow but all this finger pointing is just a waste of time until next week.

Most of the TB game we played like trash until the end. Then not even a week later, we wiped the ground with Carolina. Last night, not so much, but we were hurt and facing a division rival that always has our number even when we're healthy.

Get over it! I'm focussing on the Browns right now.
I dont like poinitng fingers and thats not my style usually I just hate it when the Eagles run the same run scheme over and over and even with dif backs and they are still successful. Thats when the pissed off fan in me flips out....

Drez
10-01-2012, 03:34 PM

The likelihood of making a 54 yarder is still less than making a shorter one.

PRGiant
10-01-2012, 03:39 PM
Yet we are the champs...Once again.
This! I'll take loosing to the Eagles again and again, truth is we've gone to the superbowl 3 times in the last 10-11 years and won the last 2.

Weygand
10-01-2012, 04:59 PM
It was a hard fought game that we came up 2 yards short on. Its not Baas' fault, its not Barden's fault...etc...
We played pretty well, while undermanned.

To blame a player or group of players for this loss is silly.
Tough loss but no one player or play "cost us the game". They just eaked out a tough win.

Tough loss on the road when it was definitely a game we could have had, but we came up a pinch short. Eagles came up big when they needed to and did what they needed to do to win. The good news is we still get to play Dallas and Philthy again to make up lost ground in the divisional race.

FUUFNF
10-01-2012, 05:39 PM
The likelihood of making a 54 yarder is still less than making a shorter one.

Well thank you for stating the obvious.