PDA

View Full Version : Stop with the recriminations people

Pages : [1] 2

Morehead State
10-01-2012, 09:08 AM
It was a hard fought game that we came up 2 yards short on. Its not Baas' fault, its not Barden's fault...etc...
We played pretty well, while undermanned.

To blame a player or group of players for this loss is silly.
Tough loss but no one player or play "cost us the game". They just eaked out a tough win.

Moke
10-01-2012, 09:08 AM
No one can accept the fact that the Eagles won outright. We always have to have a scapegoat as fans. It happens, and I don't blame people for it... but we have to look forward to next weekend.

gumby74
10-01-2012, 09:10 AM
It's one thing to get physically beat. It's another to make a stupid mental decision that you had all day to think through. You win as a team and lose as a team. But mental decisions like the Barden play get me steaming mad.

Moke
10-01-2012, 09:12 AM
It's one thing to get physically beat. It's another to make a stupid mental decision that you had all day to think through. You win as a team and lose as a team. But mental decisions like the Barden play get me steaming mad.

It was Barden's fault for the PI, really? How is that a mental decision? Explain it to me?

You really think he said, OH LET ME GET A PI?

Come on now.

gumby74
10-01-2012, 09:15 AM
It was Barden's fault for the PI, really? How is that a mental decision? Explain it to me?

You really think he said, OH LET ME GET A PI?

Come on now.

No, it's the decision to even attempt that pass play that pissed me off. It doesn't fall on Barden at all.

Moke
10-01-2012, 09:16 AM
No, it's the decision to even attempt that pass play that pissed me off. It doesn't fall on Barden at all.

Oops, sorry dude. Thought it said it was Barden's mental problems.

+1

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 09:17 AM
If anything Eli said he should have thrown a better ball to Barden. If Barden does not do what he did it is probably intercepted and the game wold be over anyway.

Rudyy
10-01-2012, 09:21 AM
If anything Eli said he should have thrown a better ball to Barden. If Barden does not do what he did it is probably intercepted and the game wold be over anyway.Eli shouldn't be throwing it at ALL in that situation. We were already in field goal range (44 yards I think).

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 09:24 AM
Yeah so if he makes a better back shoulder throw Barden might have had a shot at it and he wouldn't have to turn into a defender so the penalty would not have happened.

Moke
10-01-2012, 09:25 AM
Eli shouldn't be throwing it at ALL in that situation. We were already in field goal range (44 yards I think).

Yeah. People forgot we were @ 44 yards I think. I can't believe how bad that game got. It went from complete boredom to complete fun(almost had a heart attack thought) and then major disappointment.

SOUNDS FAMILIAR. OH WAIT.

CDN_G-FAN
10-01-2012, 09:27 AM
It was a hard fought game that we came up 2 yards short on. Its not Baas' fault, its not Barden's fault...etc...

Tough loss but no one player or play "cost us the game". They just eaked out a tough win.

+1

couldn't have said it better myself.

we don't need a scapegoat. they played pretty all things considered and lost the game on the last play.

Diamondring
10-01-2012, 09:28 AM
No one can accept the fact that the Eagles won outright. We always have to have a scapegoat as fans. It happens, and I don't blame people for it... but we have to look forward to next weekend.Scapegoat my behind. I evern know better not to throw that pass that caused that int. What Eli was thinking on that play?

Rudyy
10-01-2012, 09:30 AM
Scapegoat my behind. I evern know better not to throw that pass that caused that int. What Eli was thinking on that play?He said he didn't see Cromartie. Guess he thought Bennett was going to be there to make the play.

blueomaha
10-01-2012, 09:30 AM
i agree with the OP...we had our chances...eagles schemed well, and exposed the edges....

Morehead State
10-01-2012, 09:50 AM
i agree with the OP...we had our chances...eagles schemed well, and exposed the edges....
We definately (obviously) could have won the game.
It could have gone either way and it went their way. Sucks because they are 3-1 and haven't played well. But there it is.
And for the poster that said to play for a 44 yard FG,....I can't disagree more. You have to get closer since there was plenty of time to do so. We were moving the ball.

GameTime
10-01-2012, 09:52 AM

I think differently. I think the D played kind of crappy for the most part and the O had almost 0 running game. Very poor dscipline with the defense on the outside....very poor.

GameTime
10-01-2012, 09:53 AM
Scapegoat my behind. I evern know better not to throw that pass that caused that int. What Eli was thinking on that play?
he messsed up amd he will again he is the QB....thats not what lost the game.....

Morehead State
10-01-2012, 09:56 AM
I think differently. I think the D played kind of crappy for the most part and the O had almost 0 running game. Very poor dscipline with the defense on the outside....very poor.
They played their asses off with a skeleton crew. They had two great stops at the goal line. That's what gave us a chance to win.

This just in....Osi sucks. Thats what I've been saying all along. The guy has been in the league forever and still plays without discipline.

gumby74
10-01-2012, 09:56 AM
We definately (obviously) could have won the game.
It could have gone either way and it went their way. Sucks because they are 3-1 and haven't played well. But there it is.
And for the poster that said to play for a 44 yard FG,....I can't disagree more. You have to get closer since there was plenty of time to do so. We were moving the ball.

There's throw a 5 yard pass to get closer and to go deep. I think we can all agree on the fact that the shorter variety was a better decision.

GameTime
10-01-2012, 09:58 AM
They played their asses off with a skeleton crew. They had two great stops at the goal line. That's what gave us a chance to win.

This just in....Osi sucks. Thats what I've been saying all along. The guy has been in the league forever and still plays without discipline.
yeah.,...they had some good goal line stuff. How back door runs does Shady or whom ever they had in get to run???
The D played poorly and the offense couldnt run the ball...Osi is playing very lazy.....

Drez
10-01-2012, 09:59 AM
There were plenty of causes for the loss, but not just one. The defense got winded in the second half and allowed the Eagles to score on every possession after the break. Eli's pick. Barden's penalty. All of those and more contributed to our loss. It's easy to pick one and blame that person or unit because it was such a close game and had any one of those things not happened we very well would have come out on top.

Drez
10-01-2012, 10:00 AM
yeah.,...they had some good goal line stuff. How back door runs does Shady or whom ever they had in get to run???
The D played poorly and the offense couldnt run the ball...Osi is playing very lazy.....
Osi isn't playing lazy, he's playing undisciplined. The one major knock on Osi is that he almost always over pursues, which is what we saw much of last night.

Drez
10-01-2012, 10:01 AM
There's throw a 5 yard pass to get closer and to go deep. I think we can all agree on the fact that the shorter variety was a better decision.

Was there a receiver open 5 yards downfield?

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 10:01 AM
Lol. All these excuses. I'd like someone to explain the 8 of 9 losses please. Come on. They own the Giants and that is all. One day they may turn the tables on them but for about a decade they own the Giants.

GameTime
10-01-2012, 10:02 AM
Osi isn't playing lazy, he's playing undisciplined. The one major knock on Osi is that he almost always over pursues, which is what we saw much of last night.
go back and look.....he doesn shed his block and doesn look at the ball carrier.....he plays lazy on run plays....

Drez
10-01-2012, 10:02 AM
The defense played great in the first half when the offense was struggling. The offense played well in the second half when the defense was struggling. Unfortunately, both sides of the ball couldn't get their acts together at the same time.

Morehead State
10-01-2012, 10:03 AM
Some of you guys are looking at this defense situation all wrong.
We had KP out, Rolle limping around, one corner with a broken hand, the other playing on one leg....and they held them to 19 points.
I thought that with the exception of Osi's usual undisciplined play, the defense showed up and did a nice job.

Drez
10-01-2012, 10:03 AM
Lol. All these excuses. I'd like someone to explain the 8 of 9 losses please. Come on. They own the Giants and that is all. One day they may turn the tables on them but for about a decade they own the Giants.
8 of 9 would be 5 years, Eeyore.

GameTime
10-01-2012, 10:04 AM

no excuses just reason.....
being "owned" as you say is the BIGGEST excuse of them all. Holds 0 merrit
The reasons they lost was the undisciplined D and no running game to speak of....

RoanokeFan

Look, the ball favored the defender. Barden did what he had to do and got flagged for it. If he doesn't do that and it's intercepted, game over right there. And I am NOT a Barden fan. We all know "that play wouldn't work" now that it's over. And yet we're the very same people who clamor for Gilbride to "not be predictable." Well, he wasn't, we didn't execute and here we are at 2 - 2. We've lost two games by a total of nine points? Hardly blow outs.

We're alive, we have our destiny in our hands and we were beaten in a hard fought contest our division games usually are. The team lost just as the team wins. We didn't beat ourselves, the Eagles beat us period.

gumby74
There were plenty of causes for the loss, but not just one. The defense got winded in the second half and allowed the Eagles to score on every possession after the break. Eli's pick. Barden's penalty. All of those and more contributed to our loss. It's easy to pick one and blame that person or unit because it was such a close game and had any one of those things not happened we very well would have come out on top.

This might sound funny, but i don't think people are blaming the loss on any one person. More like we could have won if not for something reall, really, stupid - at that point in time. I know i wouldn't be as mad if we tried a more conservative play call and there was a turnover to end the game. The decision to go deep was totally .... stupid.

gumby74
10-01-2012, 10:05 AM
Look, the ball favored the defender. Barden did what he had to do and got flagged for it. If he doesn't do that and it's intercepted, game over right there. And I am NOT a Barden fan. We all know "that play wouldn't work" now that it's over. And yet we're the very same people who clamor for Gilbride to "not be predictable." Well, he wasn't, we didn't execute and here we are at 2 - 2. We've lost two games by a total of nine points? Hardly blow outs.

We're alive, we have our destiny in our hands and we were beaten in a hard fought contest our division games usually are. The team lost just as the team wins. We didn't beat ourselves, the Eagles beat us period.

I'm not blaming Barden. I'm blaming the decision to even go there.

Drez
We had KP out, Rolle limping around, one corner with a broken hand, the other playing on one leg....and they held them to 19 points.
I thought that with the exception of Osi's usual undisciplined play, the defense showed up and did a nice job.
Not in the second half they didn't. Regardless of the injury situation, the defense allowed the Eagles to score on every second half possession. That is not showing up and doing a nice job. Were there extenuating circumstances? Sure. But, that doesn't negate the fact that the played poorly the last two quarters.

GameTime
in a close game you have to do even better. Many of the run plays had nothing to do with the cast on Webs hand, etc. It had to do with poor discipline on D. And the Giants need to find a ****ing runing game. If Brown is the only reason the run game is good then they are in trouble.

RoanokeFan

Osi was really off his game. Hell, he was off your game MS. :rolleyes:

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 10:06 AM
Yeah and 17 losses in 25 tries would be a decade.

GameTime
10-01-2012, 10:06 AM
Osi was really off his game. Hell, he was off your game MS. :rolleyes:
he and the other D ends. JPP did OK....

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 10:07 AM
The Giants have also played this team when they where healthy and they still lost. Just more excuses.

GameTime
10-01-2012, 10:08 AM
Yeah and 17 losses in 25 tries would be a decade.
dont care...different teams and different players. They played poorly last night at times when it counted most.
Of course losing tot he Eagles is an emotional loss for a Giants fan but no way I am I gonna say the Giants are owned and leaved at that. Notg a reason IMO

BlueBlooded1979
10-01-2012, 10:09 AM
The DL was a joke. They seem to be playing off their reputation and every last one of them was playing terribly undisciplined football. They allowed PHI to drive on the entire 4th Q and only Reids play calling saved them from being touchdowns. The only thing that they did right was lay into the dog killer every chance they got.

gumby74
Basically, it's this. The Barden decision cost us the game, but it's not the reason why we lost.

Buddy333
Different team yes. Different players yes. Same results yes.

Drez
10-01-2012, 10:10 AM
This might sound funny, but i don't think people are blaming the loss on any one person. More like we could have won if not for something reall, really, stupid - at that point in time. I know i wouldn't be as mad if we tried a more conservative play call and there was a turnover to end the game. The decision to go deep was totally .... stupid.
I don't think it was. What you're also forgetting about going deep is the possibility of a penalty on the defense, which had already happened a couple times on the drive. Barden had already beat Nnamdi a time or two. Also, in a situation like we were in, the defense is likely sitting on the short outside routes to prevent exactly that kind of play. I actually disliked the draw on that drive more.

TheEnigma
10-01-2012, 10:10 AM
The Giants have also played this team when they where healthy and they still lost. Just more excuses.

Some teams/players are just really good counters against others. Chargers own Peyton Manning. Giants own Patriots. Asante Samuel owns Eli. So forth and so on. Oh well.

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 10:11 AM
Basically, it's this. The Barden decision cost us the game, but it's not the reason why we lost.It cost them the game but is not the reason they lost? I agree it's not why they lost, but hat because I think the Eagles own them.

RoanokeFan
in a close game you have to do even better. Many of the run plays had nothing to do with the cast on Webs hand, etc. It had to do with poor discipline on D. And the Giants need to find a ****ing runing game. If Brown is the only reason the run game is good then they are in trouble.

If we learned that Diehl being in the lineup isn't the reason the OLine is porous, then what's the answer? Based on last night only, I'd take a look at Baas. His blocking is not stellar and the shotgun snaps were agonizing at times. So, and I know this won't happen but I can muse, would we be better off putting Boothe at center and Diehl at LG? Boothe is a wide body and blocks well. His shotgun snaps are sometimes off but his hit Eli in the face and not his cleats.

Buddy333
Some teams/players are just really good counters against others. Chargers own Peyton Manning. Giants own Patriots. Asante Samuel owns Eli. So forth and so on. Oh well.Exactly!

Morehead State
Not in the second half they didn't. Regardless of the injury situation, the defense allowed the Eagles to score on every second half possession. That is not showing up and doing a nice job. Were there extenuating circumstances? Sure. But, that doesn't negate the fact that the played poorly the last two quarters.
I'm not saying they played great. I'm saying they played well considering what they had to work with. They had two great goal line stands and thats what kept us in the game.
They stiffened when they had to. Thats the NFL. They made the plays when they had to and we couldn't win it in the end.
It was a good effort on defense.

Drez
10-01-2012, 10:12 AM
Brown didn't play terribly well this game, either. We have issues with Philly's d-line because of their quickness.

RoanokeFan
10-01-2012, 10:12 AM

I live for your positive outlook

GameTime
10-01-2012, 10:13 AM
true....I am not making excuses. They played poorly enough to los last night. I am not blaming injuries or what ever. They had the chances to win and they blew it on O and D.
They are owned by the Eagles BUT that is no reason to lose or win a game.....

Drez
10-01-2012, 10:13 AM
I'm not saying they played great. I'm saying they played well considering what they had to work with. They had two great goal line stands and thats what kept us in the game.
They stiffened when they had to. Thats the NFL. They made the plays when they had to and we couldn't win it in the end.
It was a good effort on defense.
Stiffening when the had to would have been not allowing Philly to get into position to kick the game winning field goal. Or allowing the to score on EVERY drive in the second half.

Morehead State
10-01-2012, 10:14 AM
Stiffening when the had to would have been not allowing Philly to get into position to kick the game winning field goal. Or allowing the to score on EVERY drive in the second half.
4 FG's. Its a deceiving fact.

Rudyy
It was a good effort on defense. Well said. We could have played better, but like you said, we played well with what we had.

GameTime
Brown didn't play terribly well this game, either. We have issues with Philly's d-line because of their quickness.

Brown had 5 carries....how do even evaulate that??? They have problems with their run game period. They dont get that stariaghten ou then they go no where this season. Eli and the O cant get it done again with a 32 ranked runing game.

Drez
If we learned that Diehl being in the lineup isn't the reason the OLine is porous, then what's the answer? Based on last night only, I'd take a look at Baas. His blocking is not stellar and the shotgun snaps were agonizing at times. So, and I know this won't happen but I can muse, would we be better off putting Boothe at center and Diehl at LG? Boothe is a wide body and blocks well. His shotgun snaps are sometimes off but his hit Eli in the face and not his cleats.I think we'd be better putting Boothe at center and Baas at LG (Baas was a guard before converting to center due to an injury with the Niners). Diehl was even worse at LG than he was LT last year.

RoanokeFan

Just a programming note, you may want to provide a tutorial on recriminations :p

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 10:15 AM
I live for your positive outlookYou want a positive outlook to yet another loss to the Eagles? I hope they don't need that last game of the season to make it into the playoffs.

GameTime
10-01-2012, 10:15 AM
Well said. We could have played better, but like you said, we played well with what we had.
did yuo ssee all the back side runs Shady had?? How is that playing well with what they had???

Drez
10-01-2012, 10:16 AM
Brown had 5 carries....how do even evaulate that??? They have problems with their run game period. They dont get that stariaghten ou then they go no where this season. Eli and the O cant get it done again with a 32 ranked runing game.
I'm just saying, neither of our backs had a productive night. It wasn't like he was doing well when Bradshaw was not. Philly's defense just closed the holes quickly last night, as they are very fast in their front 7.

Drez
10-01-2012, 10:17 AM
4 FG's. Its a deceiving fact.
No, it isn't. It is allowing them to score on every possession.

And you ignore the fact that stepping up when the had to would have meant preventing the final field goal to happen in the first place.

Morehead State
Just a programming note, you may want to provide a tutorial on recriminations :p
Recrimination..........The act of imputing blame or guilt.

Rudyy
did yuo ssee all the back side runs Shady had?? How is that playing well with what they had??? I'm trying to be a little positive here lol

Drez
10-01-2012, 10:18 AM
did yuo ssee all the back side runs Shady had?? How is that playing well with what they had???
Yeah. That wasn't the secondaries fault where we were banged up. I think the only player in the front 7 that we were missing was Rivers.

Morehead State
10-01-2012, 10:19 AM
No, it isn't. It is allowing them to score on every possession.

And you ignore the fact that stepping up when the had to would have meant preventing the final field goal to happen in the first place.
Well let me ask you this....Before the game started, would you have taken 19 points from the Eagles?
I would have.

Drez
I'm trying to be a little positive here lol
Trying to balance out Buddy's Eeyore routine? lol

Buddy333
true....I am not making excuses. They played poorly enough to los last night. I am not blaming injuries or what ever. They had the chances to win and they blew it on O and D.They are owned by the Eagles BUT that is no reason to lose or win a game.....Have to disagree. They have had blow out losses, close losses, losses on missed field goals, losses on TO's, and have even been blowing out the Eagles and then lost the game. The Eagles do in fact own the Giants.

CDN_G-FAN
Yeah. That wasn't the secondaries fault where we were banged up. I think the only player in the front 7 that we were missing was Rivers.

and canty.

and the old tuck, not this new invisible version.

Rudyy
10-01-2012, 10:20 AM
Yeah. That wasn't the secondaries fault where we were banged up. I think the only player in the front 7 that we were missing was Rivers. And they gave up 4 FG's instead of 4 touchdowns..defense wasn't spectacular, but it wasn't horrid.

GameTime
10-01-2012, 10:20 AM
I'm trying to be a little positive here lol
I hear you and I am not a pessimistic fan by anymeans. I just hate it when they D gets burned over and over with diffferent backs on the same freaking plays. They could have won that game if they pulled their heads out of their asses and played like a 'team' on defense.
And the Giants O needs to find a consistent run game. That killed them last night.

GameTime
10-01-2012, 10:21 AM
Have to disagree. They have had blow out losses, close losses, losses on missed field goals, losses on TO's, and have even been blowing out the Eagles and then lost the game. The Eagles do in fact own the Giants.
They do own them...but that is not a reason for a loss or a win. It is an excuse though.

RoanokeFan
You want a positive outlook to yet another loss to the Eagles? I hope they don't need that last game of the season to make it into the playoffs.

That's the one they will win

Drez
Well let me ask you this....Before the game started, would you have taken 19 points from the Eagles?
I would have.
It doesn't matter what I would have accepted before the game started. DURING the game the 19th point that came after we retook the lead with only a few minute left in the game. At THAT point, the 19th point was unacceptable. And that is when the defense should have stepped up to stop the Eagles. Allowing the defense the go ahead score with no time outs and under two minutes left is not playing well.

RoanokeFan
and canty.

We need to involve Tracy and Ojomo in the rotation more often

Buddy333
They do own them...but that is not a reason for a loss or a win. It is an excuse though.Actually it is.

Drez
10-01-2012, 10:24 AM
And they gave up 4 FG's instead of 4 touchdowns..defense wasn't spectacular, but it wasn't horrid.
I never said it was horrid. However, allowing a team to score on every single possession in a half of play is not putting forth a good effort. It doesn't matter if they were all FGs or not. They allowed Philly to march up and down the field on them all second half. If the defense could have made a stop on any of those drives, we likely win.

Mind you, I'm not solely blaming the defense here. We had plenty of offensive shortcomings last night too that contributed greatly to the loss, but rather am just discussing the defensive issues of the second half.

Rudyy
10-01-2012, 10:25 AM
I hear you and I am not a pessimistic fan by anymeans. I just hate it when they D gets burned over and over with diffferent backs on the same freaking plays. They could have won that game if they pulled their heads out of their asses and played like a 'team' on defense.
And the Giants O needs to find a consistent run game. That killed them last night. I totally understand. The only thing that people kind of ignore is..(and I'm going to contradict myself now) People say oh the D played well, because they limited them to FG's, and no, that's not horrible. HOWEVER, the Eagles are killing the clock with these long sustained drives. So yes, will all the injuries they had, they only gave up 19 points. Not bad..but having them going down the field is killing our time of posession.

Drez
10-01-2012, 10:25 AM
and canty.

Seeing as we haven't had Canty at all this year, I'm not counting him. It's like saying we were missing TT.

Rudyy
10-01-2012, 10:27 AM
Actually it is. So give an in depth analysis of HOW they own us, and WHY we lost last night. Stop going from thread to thread just spewing out "oh they own us". You sound like a troll.

Morehead State
10-01-2012, 10:27 AM
It doesn't matter what I would have accepted before the game started. DURING the game the 19th point that came after we retook the lead with only a few minute left in the game. At THAT point, the 19th point was unacceptable. And that is when the defense should have stepped up to stop the Eagles. Allowing the defense the go ahead score with no time outs and under two minutes left is not playing well.
When they kicked that FG, I thought we had an 80% chance of winning the game.

GameTime
10-01-2012, 10:28 AM
Actually it is.
so you agree. It is an "excuse"......:cool:

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 10:30 AM
So give an in depth analysis of HOW they own us, and WHY we lost last night. Stop going from thread to thread just spewing out "oh they own us". You sound like a troll.There is no in depth analysis. They are just simply owned by the Eagles. You name a situation and they beat the Giants. The Giants have been blowing them out and lost. They have turned it over on the last drive and lost. They have been blown out and lost. That's being owned. There is no logic to it. Everyone trying to make any analysis is just making excuses.

Drez
10-01-2012, 10:30 AM
When they kicked that FG, I thought we had an 80% chance of winning the game.And if they didn't kick that FG our chances of winning would have been 99%.

Case closed.

Drez
10-01-2012, 10:31 AM
There is no in depth analysis. They are just simply owned by the Eagles. You name a situation and they beat the Giants. The Giants have been blowing them out and lost. They have turned it over on the last drive and lost. They have been blown out and lost. That's being owned. There is no logic to it. Everyone trying to make any analysis is just making excuses.
Yeah, because being "owned" by the Eagles is just oh so rational?

Buddy333
so you agree. It is an "excuse"......:cool:No, not an excuse. A fact.

Buddy333
Yeah, because being "owned" by the Eagles is just oh so rational?It's a fact.

Drez
10-01-2012, 10:32 AM
It's a fact.
A meaningless one.

RoanokeFan
10-01-2012, 10:33 AM
I think we'd be better putting Boothe at center and Baas at LG (Baas was a guard before converting to center due to an injury with the Niners). Diehl was even worse at LG than he was LT last year.

That could work too

BlueReign
Giants came up 5 yards short in a game they were missing Hakeem Nicks. Can't complain with the result/effort. Defense played well, just needed one more sotp and couldn't get it. Tip your cap to the Eagles.

Rudyy
There is no in depth analysis. They are just simply owned by the Eagles. You name a situation and they beat the Giants. The Giants have been blowing them out and lost. They have turned it over on the last drive and lost. They have been blown out and lost. That's being owned. There is no logic to it. Everyone trying to make any analysis is just making excuses. That doesn't make sense, but okay.

GameTime
No, not an excuse. A fact.
Being owned is a fact. I am not debating that. But it is the #1 "excuse" for losing a game. Its not a reason. IMO.
you dont agree....thats cool.

Toadofsteel
10-01-2012, 10:34 AM
Can we kick Buddy Ryan off the boards already?

GameTime
10-01-2012, 10:34 AM
Giants came up 5 yards short in a game they were missing Hakeem Nicks. Can't complain with the result/effort. Defense played well, just needed one more sotp and couldn't get it. Tip your cap to the Eagles.
Defense played well?? Look how many runs Shady had because they lacked total discipline on the backside of the run. Not just Shady but even the FB was ruuning backside on the Giants D....

Rudyy
10-01-2012, 10:35 AM
Can we kick Buddy Ryan off the boards already?Don't know what his problem is.

Drez
10-01-2012, 10:40 AM
Being owned is a fact. I am not debating that. But it is the #1 "excuse" for losing a game. Its not a reason. IMO.
you dont agree....thats cool.
He's attributing the effect as the cause. It's a logical fallacy. I think it's called affirming the consequent.

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 10:43 AM
Lol. Whatever. They have lost 8 of their last 9 games and 17 of the last 25 including 2 playoff games. That's being owned.

Moke
10-01-2012, 10:44 AM
Lol. Whatever. They have lost 8 of their last 9 games and 17 of the last 25 including 2 playoff games. That's being owned.

LOL OK. How many times are you going to say it? We're not dumb, we don't forget, we know.

BlueReign
10-01-2012, 10:45 AM
Defense played well?? Look how many runs Shady had because they lacked total discipline on the backside of the run. Not just Shady but even the FB was ruuning backside on the Giants D....
Held the Eagles to 19 points? Yeah, I'd say that's pretty good defense. As soon as KP went out, that's when we started getting gashed. Yeah, the cutbacks showed lack of discipline but they came up big when they needed to (goal line). They had a few bad plays, I'll admit that, but they held the Eagles to 7 points in the first half. Can't ask for much more other than maybe a turnover. Offense has to put a few more points on the board.

TheEnigma
10-01-2012, 10:46 AM
Buddy's right to an extent but I'd have to say one or two plays the other way would have the scales tipped in the other direction. I'm still perplexed that you guys respond to him so much when he's just saying the same thing over and over.

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 10:49 AM
You all know but you keep making excuse like if this guy played or if that guy make the catch. How many times do you need to see the same thing happen before you realize he truth.

Moke
10-01-2012, 10:51 AM
You all know but you keep making excuse like if this guy played or if that guy make the catch. How many times do you need to see the same thing happen before you realize he truth.

Everyone knows we've been beat 8 out of 9 times. You're just boosting your post count by telling us this. I mean, cry about it, we all know we've been beaten by the Eagles badly.

Rudyy
10-01-2012, 10:52 AM
You all know but you keep making excuse like if this guy played or if that guy make the catch. How many times do you need to see the same thing happen before you realize he truth.So are you saying there was absolutely no way we win that game? We couldn't do anything to win that game for the simple fact that the Eagles own us?

Moke
10-01-2012, 10:53 AM
Talk about beating a dead horse.

Morehead State
10-01-2012, 10:56 AM
And if they didn't kick that FG our chances of winning would have been 99%.

Case closed.
I'm sure you know that the other team is trying too.
Is it your view that nothing less than a total shut down of the opposing offense is acceptable?
If Tynes had made that kick, I'm sure that Philly fans would be in an uproar that they could only score 19 points against a banged up defense.

gumby74
10-01-2012, 10:56 AM
It cost them the game but is not the reason they lost? I agree it's not why they lost, but hat because I think the Eagles own them.

The reason why we lost was because the Eagles won fair and square. It was a hard fought game. It's hard to be disappointed with the effort. However, we had a chance to win it. And because some boneheaded decision, we didn't.

Morehead State
10-01-2012, 10:57 AM
Yet we are the champs...Once again.

Buddy333
I'm beating a dead horse? It's everyone trying to find an excuse who is beating a dead horse. We lost because of this or that. It's the same thing every time. Excuses.

Buddy333
Yet we are the champs...Once again.Not debating that.

Dwinsballgames
10-01-2012, 10:59 AM
I don't know if anyone thought of this, but could it be that we lost because we are owned by the other team? See, if they own us, then we have to do what they say, and they must have willed us to lose by the smallest of margins in the last seconds of the game. it's like mind control...or no, wait, brain control. Andy reid is laying eggs in our brains. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

GameTime
10-01-2012, 11:00 AM
I'm beating a dead horse? It's everyone trying to find an excuse who is beating a dead horse. We lost because of this or that. It's the same thing every time. Excuses.
The own the Giants because of all the wins over a certain period of time.
The losses add up to being owned. But being owned is not a reason for losing or winning. How do you get to that???

If you are true to the game there are NO excuse for winning or losing but there are valid reasons.

BuffyBlueII
10-01-2012, 11:03 AM
yeah.,...they had some good goal line stuff. How back door runs does Shady or whom ever they had in get to run???The D played poorly and the offense couldnt run the ball...Osi is playing very lazy.....Osi got his money so he is happy. He will decide to play when he is ready and more than likely that will be toward end of season if we are still in it. We all get upset because Osi had the potential to be one of The Best in NFL and his work ethic killed that potential. I think a lot of us are also worried that his attitude effect the rest of the defensive line.

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 11:03 AM
Ok, so we have 100 excuses why they lost last night. What about the las time they played? The time before that they won. Then they lost he previous 6 games. Why did they lose them? They know the Eagles have their number and they are in their heads. They are owned. People are getting mad because they are trying to figure out this domination without facing the facts.

Moke
10-01-2012, 11:04 AM

You're not beating a dead horse but everyone else? People are actually pointing fingers for negatives and positives yet in every single thread, you're commenting about how we're 8 of 9.

Why don't you share some relevancy?

I hate the negative threads too... but I won't go and claim that they have our number every damn post.

GameTime
10-01-2012, 11:04 AM
Osi got his money so he is happy. He will decide to play when he is ready and more than likely that will be toward end of season if we are still in it. We all get upset because Osi had the potential to be one of The Best in NFL and his work ethic killed that potential. I think a lot of us are also worried that his attitude effect the rest of the defensive line.
He isnt very good against the run game as well all know. But it seems he doesn even really try vs the run. Thats what ticks me off so much.

CDN_G-FAN
10-01-2012, 11:05 AM
Osi got his money so he is happy. He will decide to play when he is ready and more than likely that will be toward end of season if we are still in it. We all get upset because Osi had the potential to be one of The Best in NFL and his work ethic killed that potential. I think a lot of us are also worried that his attitude effect the rest of the defensive line.

he really didn't get the contract he wanted, it just got more money and finally took it when there looked like there was no other options.

point is, he's not that good anymore, contract or no contract.

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 11:05 AM
It's the only thing to say. Everything else is just a bunch of excuses.

GameTime
10-01-2012, 11:07 AM
Ok, so we have 100 excuses why they lost last night. What about the las time they played? The time before that they won. Then they lost he previous 6 games. Why did they lose them? They know the Eagles have their number and they are in their heads. They are owned. People are getting mad because they are trying to figure out this domination without facing the facts.

why do keep refering to "reasons" why they lost as excuses?? An excuse is like: "Well they just have our number" Thats the biggest excuse of all.
They have the Giants number because of the wins NOT the other way around.

Morehead State
10-01-2012, 11:08 AM
The losses add up to being owned. But being owned is not a reason for losing or winning. How do you get to that???

If you are true to the game there are NO excuse for winning or losing but there are valid reasons.
You don't lose simply because someone "owns" you. Someone "owns" you because of certain matchups or other football related reasons.
Offset those "reasons" and we will not be "owned".

TheEnigma
10-01-2012, 11:09 AM
he really didn't get the contract he wanted, it just got more money and finally took it when there looked like there was no other options.

Have to agree with this. One of the thoughts in my mind during last night's game was "It might be time to draft some Dlinemen to help out JPP and Joseph." Another defensive end in the 1st or 2nd would be a smart move by Reese.

GameTime
10-01-2012, 11:11 AM
You don't lose simply because someone "owns" you. Someone "owns" you because of certain matchups or other football related reasons.
Offset those "reasons" and we will not be "owned".
I agree and thst what I am trying to say...

JesseJames
10-01-2012, 11:11 AM

after reading the posts in this thread this is the one I agree with most, Osi didn't cost us the game last night for sure but he didn't do anything to help, his time has come just like it does to all players, he was good and now he's not...

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 11:12 AM
They lost because of he Braden play, or the field goal, or he interception, or the lack of a run game, and so on. All excuses. There is no science behind this.

GameTime
10-01-2012, 11:13 AM
They lost because of he Braden play, or the field goal, or he interception, or the lack of a run game, and so on. All excuses. There is no science behind this.
please use the word 'reason' and make me happy. LOL

RoanokeFan
10-01-2012, 11:14 AM

You forgot to mention the run defense

Morehead State

The problem with Osi is the same as its been since he came into the league.
He's always looking to make the "big play" and isn't especially interested in making the play in, play out small plays that win football games.
In other words, if he can't get the glory, he's simply not interested. Its just who he is. Shine a spotlight on him and he'll make plays, but only on his terms.

Thats why he makes huge plays AND then disappears for series, quarters, or even games at a time.

Buddy333
Or the lack of a run game against them since 2008.

Rudyy
10-01-2012, 11:15 AM
You forgot to mention the run defense NO, HE'S ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. THE EAGLES OWN US, THAT'S WHY WE LOST

GameTime
You forgot to mention the run defense
no Ro...that woudl be a "reason" Buddy is just fixated on excuses. Besides being owned is a reason and NOT an excuse. Dont yu see the pure logic in that???

Morehead State
I agree and thst what I am trying to say...
Yes I know...I was agreeing with you on that one.

Moke
10-01-2012, 11:16 AM
Yeah because McCoy sucks so our run defense was so awful.

Someone last night actually claimed McCoy sucks... IMAGINE?

GameTime
Yes I know...I was agreeing with you on that one.

:cool:...

Buddy333
Sorry, I got tired of making excuses for them losing to the Eagles a long time ago.

GameTime
Yeah because McCoy sucks so our run defense was so awful.

Someone last night actually claimed McCoy sucks... IMAGINE?
he does SUCK!!! BUt he is a good RB.....:rolleyes:

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 11:17 AM
So why did they lose the last time they played?

Moke
10-01-2012, 11:18 AM

No matter what people say, you'll just say something like "oh we lost because the eagles have our number" again. You know why? Because you have no idea what that even means either.

TheEnigma
10-01-2012, 11:19 AM
Only fact I've found in this thread is that Buddy sure knows how to get a conversation rolling lol.

GameTime
10-01-2012, 11:19 AM
becasue the Giants didnt play good enough to win. Wasnt some mystical "owned" excuse...

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 11:20 AM
Why did the lose the last time they played?

Moke
10-01-2012, 11:20 AM
Only fact I've found in this thread is that Buddy sure knows how to get a conversation rolling lol.

After every loss, conversations get rolling all the time. Don't see your point, but okay +1

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 11:21 AM
becasue the Giants didnt play good enough to win. Wasnt some mystical "owned" excuse...So 8 out of 9 times they played the Eagles played better? Sound like being owned to me.

Moke
10-01-2012, 11:21 AM
Why did the lose the last time they played?

Because

1)Eagles defense played lights out better than we did.
2) Our run game is non-existant forcing us to throw all the time. Andy Reid isn't a moron and gameplans against that.
3) Coaching mistakes - sorry, but the coaching in the 4th quarter was pretty atrocious. For a team that has been amazing in clock management for a long time, we did the complete opposite.

Those aren't excuses, they are facts.

TheEnigma
10-01-2012, 11:22 AM
After every loss, conversations get rolling all the time. Don't see your point, but okay +1

Most of the responses are to him, correct? He's driving the conversation even though he is just repeating the same thing over and over. Kind of comical in a way.

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 11:22 AM
As was said before, some teams just have that it factor against other teams or other players.

Dwinsballgames
10-01-2012, 11:23 AM
No matter what people say, you'll just say something like "oh we lost because the eagles have our number" again. You know why? Because you have no idea what that even means either.

I really think we should explore that premise. If the Eagles have our number, then I think jerry reese should change the number to a new secret number. Then we'll win next time. It's that simple. Stop with all the excuses like turnovers, run defense, O-line play. It's the number that's the real reason

Rudyy
Because

1)Eagles defense played lights out better than we did.
2) Our run game is non-existant forcing us to throw all the time. Andy Reid isn't a moron and gameplans against that.
3) Coaching mistakes - sorry, but the coaching in the 4th quarter was pretty atrocious. For a team that has been amazing in clock management for a long time, we did the complete opposite.

Those aren't excuses, they are facts. WRONG WRONG WRONG
EXCUSES! Eagles own us. All Heil Vick!

Buddy333
Because1)Eagles defense played lights out better than we did.2) Our run game is non-existant forcing us to throw all the time. Andy Reid isn't a moron and gameplans against that.3) Coaching mistakes - sorry, but the coaching in the 4th quarter was pretty atrocious. For a team that has been amazing in clock management for a long time, we did the complete opposite.Those aren't excuses, they are facts.Actually those are excuses.

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 11:24 AM
No they don't have the Giants number. The Giants won once last year.

BlueReign
10-01-2012, 11:24 AM
That timeout by Eli hurt a lot too before than fourth down play. I know you can argue it set us up for the remainder of the drive, but he has to be more cognizant of the play clock. I'm not bashing Eli, but he's been doing this consistently since he entered the league

sharick88
10-01-2012, 11:25 AM

I understand what you're saying gramps, but Osi and Tuck get the bulk of the blame IMO. The eagles had their 3rd string left tackle in the game and neither did anything. These two guys are supposed to be apart of this "great" front four and have given us squat the first quarter of this season.

CDN_G-FAN
10-01-2012, 11:25 AM
The problem with Osi is the same as its been since he came into the league.
He's always looking to make the "big play" and isn't especially interested in making the play in, play out small plays that win football games.
In other words, if he can't get the glory, he's simply not interested. Its just who he is. Shine a spotlight on him and he'll make plays, but only on his terms.

Thats why he makes huge plays AND then disappears for series, quarters, or even games at a time.

Absolutely.

i hate the way he plays the game and i hate his attitude. smiling on the sidelines when he's stinking the joint out.

i said it a hundred times last season. i'd rather give his money to kiwi, who probably has half the talent. he just shows up and does whatever's asked of him without all the drama.

everyone else, especially the producers at NBC, noticed how much fun Osi was having. They had more shots of him sitting on the bench than anyone else.

Drez
10-01-2012, 11:29 AM
I'm sure you know that the other team is trying too.
Is it your view that nothing less than a total shut down of the opposing offense is acceptable?
If Tynes had made that kick, I'm sure that Philly fans would be in an uproar that they could only score 19 points against a banged up defense.
No. I'm saying making a stand when they needed to means preventing the go ahead score with under 2 minutes left. That is making a stand. Not allowing the go ahead points being scored in the waning moments of the game.

Drez
10-01-2012, 11:30 AM

Again, like I said. He looking at the result and attributing it as the cause. It's poor logic.

Moke
10-01-2012, 11:30 AM
Actually those are excuses.

Those are excuses? ROFL, OK.

I actually see the whiniest fan on the board, and that's you. You're just mad. Don't worry, you won't die because the Giants lost. Don't cry.

Morehead State
10-01-2012, 11:31 AM
I understand what you're saying gramps, but Osi and Tuck get the bulk of the blame IMO. The eagles had their 3rd string left tackle in the game and neither did anything. These two guys are supposed to be apart of this "great" front four and have given us squat the first quarter of this season.
No you did NOT just call me Gramps!
I will hunt you down G!

Drez
10-01-2012, 11:31 AM
why do keep refering to "reasons" why they lost as excuses?? An excuse is like: "Well they just have our number" Thats the biggest excuse of all.
They have the Giants number because of the wins NOT the other way around.
Perfectly well said.

Morehead State
10-01-2012, 11:32 AM
Those are excuses? ROFL, OK.

I actually see the whiniest fan on the board, and that's you. You're just mad. Don't worry, you won't die because the Giants lost. Don't cry.
Don't pick on Buddy. He's a good poster.
There can't be light without the darkness.

RoanokeFan
10-01-2012, 11:32 AM

+1

Moke
10-01-2012, 11:33 AM
Don't pick on Buddy. He's a good poster.
There can't be light without the darkness.

Basically sums it up

Drez
10-01-2012, 11:33 AM
Because the defense allowed a 120 minute drive result in a TD in the 4Q.

RoanokeFan
10-01-2012, 11:34 AM
I will hunt you down G!

Is your walker going to slow you down? :o

sharick88
I will hunt you down G!

LMAO.....

Drez
If by getting a conversation rolling you mean the urge to shove your head in a meat grinder, I agree.

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 11:35 AM
Not whining at all. Just accepting that the Giants are owned by the Eagles.

Drez
10-01-2012, 11:36 AM
So 8 out of 9 times they played the Eagles played better? Sound like being owned to me.
Buddy. I am going to try to say this in small words. Getting owned is the result of losing to a team, not the cause of losing to a team.

Drez
10-01-2012, 11:37 AM
Actually those are excuses.
Those are reasons. Reasons are not excuses.

TheEnigma
10-01-2012, 11:38 AM
If by getting a conversation rolling you mean the urge to shove your head in a meat grinder, I agree.

I didn't say it was a productive conversation now. More like a train wreck you can't keep your eyes off of.

Moke
10-01-2012, 11:38 AM
He's going to say it 100 times that those are excuses. Maybe he should go back to school or actually grab a dictionary and look up "excuses" and "reasons".

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 11:39 AM
Being owned for so long is a reason. They are in the Giants heads.

Moke
10-01-2012, 11:41 AM

Okay, how would you know this? Do you have some sort of power we don't know?

Instead of giving us "reasons" that just come out of thin air, give us real, evidential reasons.

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 11:43 AM
I already gave you evidence and you complained I keep saying the same thing. They have lost 17 of the 25, 8 of the last 9, and 2 playoff games. Owned!

Dwinsballgames
10-01-2012, 11:44 AM

Fine, and how does "being in the Giant's Heads" have any bearing on any one thing that happenned in last night's game?

Moke
10-01-2012, 11:46 AM
I already gave you evidence and you complained I keep saying the same thing. They have lost 17 of the 25, 8 of the last 9, and 2 playoff games. Owned!

http://cf.chucklesnetwork.agj.co/items/1/3/1/9/0/8/what-if-okay-guy-isnt-okay-with-it.jpg

Drez
10-01-2012, 11:47 AM
He's going to say it 100 times that those are excuses. Maybe he should go back to school or actually grab a dictionary and look up "excuses" and "reasons".

rea·son   [ree-zuhn] [/URL] Show IPA
noun1.a basis or cause, as for some belief, action, fact, event, etc

ex·cuse  (http://dictionary.reference.com/help/luna/Spell_pron_key.html) [v. ik-skyooz; n. ik-skyoos] Show IPAverb, ex·cused, ex·cus·ing, noun
verb (used with object)1.to regard or judge with forgiveness or indulgence; pardon orforgive; overlook (a fault, [URL="http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/error"]error (http://dictionary.reference.com/help/luna/Spell_pron_key.html), etc.): Excuse his badmanners.

2.to offer an apology for; seek to remove the blame of: Heexcused his absence by saying that he was ill.

3.to serve as an apology or justification for; justify: Ignoranceof the law excuses no one.

4.to release from an obligation or duty: to be excused from juryduty.

bigblue58
10-01-2012, 11:47 AM

Dude.....they were in FG range for the winning FG.......Eli threw an unnecessary pass going for 6 points that they didn't need to win the game..........they got 2 gift wrapped PI penalties against the Eagirls to get into winning FG range.........they literally snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, and if there was ever justification to point fingers and blame...that was the moment!
If they don't get the offensive PI and they don't get into the end zone....they have to kick a FG anyway. There was absolutely no upside to trying a pass play at that moment. All they needed to do was run a couple of times to the middle of the field....maybe they get closer on the ground, maybe they don't but they would have still been safely inside Tynes' comfort zone for the winning kick. This game was as unnecessary a loss as I've ever seen in recent memory, so stop with the "hard fought, we simply came up short" malarkey, because it doesn't apply to this puke inducing ending to this game!

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 11:49 AM
Lol. You guys are so bitter. Just accept it. They own the Giants. Your day will go be much better. Don't like losing to them but I am used to it.

CowboysSuck
10-01-2012, 11:50 AM
Had we made that FG, it would have been a Great Win. However, EVERY SINGLE play before that FG are the SAME if we make it or not. Funny of one kick can change the perception of the masses.

Drez
10-01-2012, 11:51 AM
Dude.....they were in FG range for the winning FG.......Eli threw an unnecessary pass going for 6 points that they didn't need to win the game..........they got 2 gift wrapped PI penalties against the Eagirls to get into winning FG range.........they literally snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, and if there was ever was justification to point fingers and blame...that was the moment!
If they don't get the offensive PI and they don't get into the end zone....they have to kick a FG anyway. There was absolutely no upside to trying a pass play at that moment. All they needed to do was run a couple of times to the middle of the field....maybe they get closer on the ground, maybe they don't but they would have still been safely inside Tynes' comfort zone for the winning kick. This game was as unnecessary loss as I've ever seen in recent memory, so stop with the "hard fought, we simply came up short malarkey, because it doesn't apply to this game!

Running would be stupid. We had no timeouts. Running the ball with :20 or :30 seconds left on the clock (which we did do once, gained 2 yards I think) would have just drained the clock even further and had less upside.

Eli was not trying for the endzone. He was trying to get into nearly automatic FG range. The upside to the throw to Barden would have been a completion and getting out of bounds, getting a defensive PI call, scoring a TD, or even an incomplete pass would have left Tynes with a 45 yarder (by no means a gimme).

Moke
10-01-2012, 11:52 AM
Lol. You guys are so bitter. Just accept it. They own the Giants. Your day will go be much better. Don't like losing to them but I am used to it.

Do me a favor and don't come rejoicing when the Giants win a SB or games. You'll be the first on line to claim your "superior intelligence" of football.

Drez
10-01-2012, 11:52 AM
No one ever said that the Eagles don't own us. We are just saying your wrong in your assumption that that is why we lost. They own us because we lost, not that we lost because they own us.

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 11:53 AM
What does winning the Super Bowl have to do with the Eagles owning the Giants?

Toadofsteel
10-01-2012, 11:54 AM

Will you just get the hell off the boards and go put your vick jersey on already? I'm more sick of you now than the game.

TheAnalyst
10-01-2012, 11:54 AM
Eli shouldn't be throwing it at ALL in that situation. We were already in field goal range (44 yards I think).Exactly. I think it is very fair to say it was horrible coaching at the end that cost us.

Moke
10-01-2012, 11:55 AM
Will you just get the hell off the boards and go put your vick jersey on already? I'm more sick of you now than the game.

Yeah, me too.

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 11:55 AM
So now I'm an Eagles fan because I can admit they own the Giants?

Toadofsteel
10-01-2012, 11:56 AM
So now I'm an Eagles fan because I can admit they own the Giants?

It doesn't help that I have an image of Buddy Ryan going through my head when I think of you now...

burier
10-01-2012, 11:57 AM

I think theres blame to go around but the names that come to mind are Will Beatty, Ramses Barden, Justin Tuck, Osi HumanUrine and Eli Manning. (Tynes is not listed intentionally)

TheEnigma
I don't know about him being an Eagles fan but I have considered the possibility of him being Rodgers12 also. The posting styles are very similar.

Moke
Naw, Rodgers is actually more ******ed.

Drez
10-01-2012, 11:58 AM
Eli shouldn't be throwing it at ALL in that situation. We were already in field goal range (44 yards I think).
So are you saying we should have kicked the FG on second down or that we should have run the ball with :18 seconds left and no timeouts?

Moke
10-01-2012, 12:00 PM
So are you saying we should have kicked the FG on second down or that we should have run the ball with :18 seconds left and no timeouts?

Run the ball with no timeouts, and then go for the field goal COULD have been smart.

You don't think Reid might have called timeout because he was afraid Tynes made that field goal and he would have lost the game?

TrueBlue@NYC
10-01-2012, 12:01 PM
Had we made that FG, it would have been a Great Win. However, EVERY SINGLE play before that FG are the SAME if we make it or not. Funny of one kick can change the perception of the masses.

Had he made that FG we would be rejoicing a great win, but it still wouldn't change that Eli made a bad decision throwing that ball. I'm not even angry that it was a depp pass, but the simple fact was that Barden wasn't at all open. Last I checked throwing to a guy that's blanketed is regarded as a bad decision. Same thing in the endzone INT, that was a bad decision. Eli simply didn't have his best game.

burier
10-01-2012, 12:01 PM
Yeah so if he makes a better back shoulder throw Barden might have had a shot at it and he wouldn't have to turn into a defender so the penalty would not have happened.

Excuse me. You said "Turn into a defender" right?

Because it looked to me like Barden turned in Bob Backlund and slapped on a CrossFaced Chickenwing. Barden is an idiot.

bigblue58
10-01-2012, 12:02 PM
Running would be stupid. We had no timeouts. Running the ball with :20 or :30 seconds left on the clock (which we did do once, gained 2 yards I think) would have just drained the clock even further and had less upside.

Eli was not trying for the endzone. He was trying to get into nearly automatic FG range. The upside to the throw to Barden would have been a completion and getting out of bounds, getting a defensive PI call, scoring a TD, or even an incomplete pass would have left Tynes with a 45 yarder (by no means a gimme).

yes thats true ... I forgot that we had no timeouts, but my criticism is still the same....Coughlin should have tried the FG after the second PI on the Egirls when we were well within Tynes range! kick the damned FG.......and get the hell out of Dodge with a gift win! Barden could have been tackled inbounds as well so even though i'm wrong about running because of the time left and no timeouts, it makes it even more dumb that they didn't try to win it right then and there after the second PI put us in winning FG range. No matter how you slice it....throwing that pass was D...U....M....B!

Drez
10-01-2012, 12:02 PM
Run the ball with no timeouts, and then go for the field goal COULD have been smart.

You don't think Reid might have called timeout because he was afraid Tynes made that field goal and he would have lost the game?
There is no way we could have gotten the FG off had we run there.

Morehead State
10-01-2012, 12:03 PM

We did run the ball and got stuffed. I thought it was a good call but the execution sucked. Ultimately that was why we lost, we didn't execute when we absolutely had to and they did. Could have gone either way. We were just on the short side of the score.
(Now if field goals were only worth 2 points...we would have won!)

bigblue58
10-01-2012, 12:03 PM
Excuse me. You said "Turn into a defender" right?

Because it looked to me like Barden turned in Bob Backlund and slapped on a CrossFaced Chickenwing. Barden is an idiot.

Lol yeah man...that was as blatant as blatant could be!

Moke
10-01-2012, 12:04 PM
There is no way we could have gotten the FG off had we run there.
\

You don't think Andy Reid would have called a timeout for worrying about the FG? I don't know.... i think it would have been tough. Would have been a guessing game between Coughlin and Reid.

Coughlin - Is Reid going to call timeout, giving us an opportunity to settle in for the FG?

Reid - Wonder if we should act like we'll call timeout.

I have no idea, but we could have went with the FG on 2nd down... not sure why we wouldn't. 20 seconds is NOTHING, and we actually gave Tom Brady 44 seconds in the SB last year, so not sure why we'd care much here.

Morehead State
10-01-2012, 12:05 PM
yes thats true ... I forgot that we had no timeouts, but my criticism is still the same....Coughlin should have tried the FG after the second PI on the Egirls when we were well within Tynes range! kick the damned FG.......and get the hell out of Dodge with a gift win! Barden could have been tackled inbounds as well so even though i'm wrong about running because of the time left and no timeouts, it makes it even more dumb that they didn't try to win it right then and there after the second PI put us in winning FG range. No matter how you slice it....throwing that pass was D...U....M....B!
I don't think he thought we'd go backwards. I HATE setlling for a 40+ yard FG. Thats never a good play with that much time on the clock. I didn't like the throw down the sidelines but they can't sit and try a long FG. We were moving the ball too well.

bigblue58
10-01-2012, 12:07 PM
We did run the ball and got stuffed. I thought it was a good call but the execution sucked. Ultimately that was why we lost, we didn't execute when we absolutely had to and they did. Could have gone either way. We were just on the short side of the score.
(Now if field goals were only worth 2 points...we would have won!)

Dude I'm sorry but your logic is so unbelievably flawed in this case. After we got the second PI call in our favor, we were in winning FG range already! So getting stuffed on the ground in this case is totally irrelevant! Your argument only makes sense if we were TRYING to get into FG range.....we were already IN FG range.
Tynes would have been trying a 44 yard FG.......The Offensive PI pushed it back to a 54 harder which he missed short by about 5 yards.....do the math.

burier
\

You don't think Andy Reid would have called a timeout for worrying about the FG? I don't know.... i think it would have been tough. Would have been a guessing game between Coughlin and Reid.

Coughlin - Is Reid going to call timeout, giving us an opportunity to settle in for the FG?

I have no idea, but we could have went with the FG on 2nd down... not sure why we wouldn't. 20 seconds is NOTHING, and we actually gave Tom Brady 44 seconds in the SB last year, so not sure why we'd care much here.

There is 0% chance that Reid would have called a timeout in that situation. Because there was 0% chance we would have gotten the kick off in time.

Drez
\

What benefit would it be to Reid to call a timeout? You're not going to try and ice a kicker that's coming out to kick a FG as time is expiring.

CuseGirl
10-01-2012, 12:08 PM
On the 2nd down, there was time for a quick run and a spike, in my opinion.

Moke
10-01-2012, 12:09 PM
On the 2nd down, there was time for a quick run and a spike, in my opinion.

No ****ing way....... You're on here? Sweet

I agree +1

Drez
10-01-2012, 12:09 PM
Dude I'm sorry but your logic is so unbelievably flawed in this case. After we got the second PI call in our favor, we were in winning FG range already! So getting stuffed on the ground in this case is totally irrelevant! Your argument only makes sense if we were TRYING to get into FG range.....we were already IN FG range
While a 44 or 45 yard FG is certainly makeable, you can't fault the coaches for wanting to get closer.

TheEnigma
10-01-2012, 12:10 PM
There was just too much risk on that Barden play and we ended up getting the worst of it with the offensive PI. Speaking of, Barden's "attempt" to stop Nnamdi from a possible INT was downright atrocious. You're telling me a 6'6 man can't make a cleaner attempt at stopping the defensive player from the potential INT? Bad call, bad execution all around at the end of that series. Glad to see people realize that Tynes isn't the one to blame at least.

Moke
What benefit would it be to Reid to call a timeout? You're not going to try and ice a kicker that's coming out to kick a FG as time is expiring.

If you're at the 40s, and the opponent is about to kick a field goal, and the time is clicking down, you won't call timeout because you're afraid he hits it at the last second and wins the game?

I'd call a timeout because then if he makes it, I could actually drive the ball down with Vick for one last play.

Why let the time run all the way down and have tynes hit the 40s? He could have made it... Reid knows that.

byron
I don't think he thought we'd go backwards. I HATE setlling for a 40+ yard FG. Thats never a good play with that much time on the clock. I didn't like the throw down the sidelines but they can't sit and try a long FG. We were moving the ball too well. yeah I didn't like the long play down the sidelines either....they probably throught it would catch them off guard....oh well

CuseGirl
10-01-2012, 12:11 PM
While a 44 or 45 yard FG is certainly makeable, you can't fault the coaches for wanting to get closer.Yes, you can. When they try to get closer by using a risky play against a good secondary (arguably the best corner in the league covering a 4th string receiver), you can fault them.

Diamondring
10-01-2012, 12:12 PM
There was just too much risk on that Barden play and we ended up getting the worst of it with the offensive PI. Speaking of, Barden's "attempt" to stop Nnamdi from a possible INT was downright atrocious. You're telling me a 6'6 man can't make a cleaner attempt at stopping the defensive player from the potential INT? Bad call, bad execution all around at the end of that series. Glad to see people realize that Tynes isn't the one to blame at least.You are so right. That stupid Barden doesn't even have the smarts to stay a little under the pass then try to jump and catch it. What a fool and I blame the wr coach for that.

gumby74
10-01-2012, 12:13 PM
While a 44 or 45 yard FG is certainly makeable, you can't fault the coaches for wanting to get closer. You want to get closer so you throw a 30 yard pass? That's ridiculous. Getting closer is like a 5-10 yard pass pattern. Not go for it all against nnamdi.

GiantGremlin
10-01-2012, 12:13 PM
Some teams/players are just really good counters against others. Chargers own Peyton Manning. Giants own Patriots. Asante Samuel owns Eli. So forth and so on. Oh well.

If we're talking recent, fine, but the Eagles haven't always owned the Giants - this rivalry goes back to '33 w/the Giants leading in overall wins (I think), pre SB championships, conference championships and more importantly superbowls - 5 or 10 years of success doesn't erase all that.

Rudyy
10-01-2012, 12:15 PM
That entire drive in the final seconds was so weird.

Yay!, we are in field goal range....LET'S THROW IT SOME MORE!
Crap!..Pass interference...3rd and 19..OK. Let's settle for this 54 yard field goal, what use is it to get maybe 5 more yards out of this drive? Even though we shouldn't have been throwing it in the first place.

..what?

We didn't play horrible, but we could have played much much better. Especially with the play calling.

CuseGirl
10-01-2012, 12:17 PM
If we're talking recent, fine, but the Eagles haven't always owned the Giants - this rivalry goes back to '33 w/the Giants leading in overall wins (I think), pre SB championships, conference championships and more importantly superbowls - 5 or 10 years of success doesn't erase all that.Well, I'm only 25 years old and since everything that's happened since age 18 to now is the only thing that matters to me, it feels like they "own" the Giants. Makes me sick.

bigblue58
10-01-2012, 12:18 PM
Tynes kicked a rock hard football 47 yards in frozen GB to get us into a SB....I think he could have handled a 44 yarder in good weather in Philly! You guys are all of a sudden trying to make a 44 yard FG sound like a 64 yard FG.
Argue all you want you can't justify the Giants' actions in the last 40 seconds.....not to me anyway.
When the Giants do something out of character like being aggressive when they are usually cautious and go for the less risky FG attempt....they can be criticized,,,and should be.
The ONE TIME they SHOULD have settled for a FG they decide to go rogue cowboy on us ala Bret Favres and brain fart the game away!

TheEnigma
10-01-2012, 12:18 PM
You want to get closer so you throw a 30 yard pass? That's ridiculous. Getting closer is like a 5-10 yard pass pattern. Not go for it all against nnamdi.

Haha I was thinking the same thing.

"Do I want to pick on a very renowned player in Nnamdi or should I target the rookie Boykin or maybe the journeyman Hughes?"

I understand Nnamdi hasn't been playing his best football recently but I still think the younger defensive backs would of been better options to target.

gumby74
10-01-2012, 12:24 PM

"Do I want to pick on a very renowned player in Nnamdi or should I target the rookie Boykin or maybe the journeyman Hughes?"

I understand Nnamdi hasn't been playing his best football recently but I still think the younger defensive backs would of been better options to target.

Seriously, had we tried to just get a few yards by running a screen which happened to be tipped and picked off, I wouldn't have been as mad as I am now. In fact, I wouldn't even be mad. Just disappointed.

bigblue58
10-01-2012, 12:26 PM

Agreed! Hey...the apologists are making a game argument in favor of the decision, but it's simply indefensible!

bigblue58
10-01-2012, 12:29 PM
People are being awfully cavalier about a play that essentially was responsible for putting us 0-2 in the Division! I cant get over it that quickly and if the Giants come up a game short come WC time...you know what game I'm going to be pointing to!

gumby74
10-01-2012, 12:31 PM

And the maddening part is also that we had an entire down to think about how to approach the situation.

TheEnigma
10-01-2012, 12:34 PM
All I know is that we looked very undisciplined on both sides of the ball whether it was containing Vick and Shady or calling plays on that final drive that coexisted with one another in a logical sense. This team needs to clean up their play fast before we head out to the 49ers or it's not going to be pretty.

GameTime
10-01-2012, 12:34 PM
Tynes kicked a rock hard football 47 yards in frozen GB to get us into a SB....I think he could have handled a 44 yarder in good weather in Philly! You guys are all of a sudden trying to make a 44 yard FG sound like a 64 yard FG.
Argue all you want you can't justify the Giants' actions in the last 40 seconds.....not to me anyway.
When the Giants do something out of character like being aggressive when they are usually cautious and go for the less risky FG attempt....they can be criticized,,,and should be.
The ONE TIME they SHOULD have settled for a FG they decide to go rogue cowboy on us ala Bret Favres and brain fart the game away!
go back and check it was a 54 yarder....

bigblue58
10-01-2012, 12:46 PM
go back and check it was a 54 yarder....

Sorry friend but you'll have to have your "gotcha" moment with me some other time because you are incorrect.
It would have been a 44 yarder before barden's Offensive pass interference pushed it back 10 yards to a 54 yard attempt!

FUUFNF
10-01-2012, 12:59 PM
Although the whole "the Eagles own the Giants" thing isn't a valid reason or excuse for our lack of success against them, you have to admit that they have been getting the better of us for quite awhile now and you have to wonder if playing them is somehow in our heads... Why does it seem like at the end of every Giants/Eagles game, we're all waiting for some kind of implosion that ultimately costs us the game?... It seems like it happens more often than not... And it's really not just a recent trend either, the Eagles used to get the better of us back in the 80s too... We've just been fortunate enough to have 4 Superbowls to offset this, but it's definitely frustrating not being able to beat the Eagles on a consistent basis.

GameTime
10-01-2012, 01:05 PM
Sorry friend but you'll have to have your "gotcha" moment with me some other time because you are incorrect.
It would have been a 44 yarder before barden's Offensive pass interference pushed it back 10 yards to a 54 yard attempt!
I didnt realize you were meaningbefore the flag.
Thay had two PI previous to that attempt. It was only 2nd down and Barden was 1 on 1. Side line pass as well. Not a risky play. If Barden doesnt wrap his arms around the DB it would have been a PI on the DB.
But the point is moot now. They blew it on D and blew it on the O when they had their chance.

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 01:07 PM
Bob Papa said his morning that Eli told him after the game he should have made a better throw. He also asked do you question a guy who has 23 come from behind wins including 2 in the Super Bowl? It wasn't a bad idea, just a bad throw and if Narden does not play defense they lose the game anyway because that ball would have been intercepted.

GameTime
10-01-2012, 01:20 PM
Bob Papa said his morning that Eli told him after the game he should have made a better throw. He also asked do you question a guy who has 23 come from behind wins including 2 in the Super Bowl? It wasn't a bad idea, just a bad throw and if Narden does not play defense they lose the game anyway because that ball would have been intercepted.
I have no issue with that play call. Only 2nd down and Barden was 1 on 1. Barden tackled the DB. I just wish they would have gottne Tynes a few more yards with 15 seconds to go. I have total trust in Eli making a short sideline pass that onyt his guy can get.

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 01:22 PM
I do think hat with 15 seconds left they had time for another play to the sideline. Again, Eli is a 2 time Super Bowl MVP and TC is a 2 time Super Bowl winning coach.

FUUFNF
10-01-2012, 01:23 PM
Eli isn't gonna throw Barden under the bus, and yes it wasn't a great throw, but I would imagine a 6'6" should be able to outjump a 6'2" guy and bat the ball away without having to climb all over him... To me it was a bad throw and bad play on the ball.

GameTime
10-01-2012, 01:24 PM
I do think hat with 15 seconds left they had time for another play to the sideline. Again, Eli is a 2 time Super Bowl MVP and TC is a 2 time Super Bowl winning coach.
Yep...thats why I trust Eli to make that throw but at the same time you have to trust TC's decisions as well. .

FUUFNF
10-01-2012, 01:27 PM

Would you go shotgun or under center?... Remember, Baas was having all kinds of issues with shotgun snaps... I don't really blame TC for going for the 54 yarder, that is a makeable FG for most kickers... And although it would have been a career long for Tynes, the first kick had enough leg but off, and the second was dead on, but just short.

Morehead State
10-01-2012, 01:29 PM
Dude I'm sorry but your logic is so unbelievably flawed in this case. After we got the second PI call in our favor, we were in winning FG range already! So getting stuffed on the ground in this case is totally irrelevant! Your argument only makes sense if we were TRYING to get into FG range.....we were already IN FG range.
Tynes would have been trying a 44 yard FG.......The Offensive PI pushed it back to a 54 harder which he missed short by about 5 yards.....do the math.
It isn't irrelevant to me because I hate settling for a 44 yard FG when we were moving the ball so well. Give me 35 yards and in.
Don't forget, Marty Shottenheimer got crucified for settling for a 40 yard FG in the playoffs.

Morehead State
10-01-2012, 01:30 PM
He also missed two others in the 4th quarter that game that would have iced it before overtime.
How we forget.

GameTime
10-01-2012, 01:33 PM
Would you go shotgun or under center?... Remember, Baas was having all kinds of issues with shotgun snaps... I don't really blame TC for going for the 54 yarder, that is a makeable FG for most kickers... And although it would have been a career long for Tynes, the first kick had enough leg but off, and the second was dead on, but just short.

Shot gun or under center....prob under center because it would have to be a bang bang type of play anyway. You mentioned it would have been a career long for Tynes. Thats why you get closer. But ......whatever. its done.

Drez
10-01-2012, 01:40 PM
If you're at the 40s, and the opponent is about to kick a field goal, and the time is clicking down, you won't call timeout because you're afraid he hits it at the last second and wins the game?

I'd call a timeout because then if he makes it, I could actually drive the ball down with Vick for one last play.

Why let the time run all the way down and have tynes hit the 40s? He could have made it... Reid knows that.
If time is winding down and there's hardly enough time to get the FG unit on the field to kick a 45 yard FG, there is ZERO benefit for the defense to call a time out to allow the offense to set up properly for a FG. From that distance it's more likely we miss a rushed FG attempt than there is for Vick to be able to drive the offense down the field to score himself.

Drez
10-01-2012, 01:41 PM
Yes, you can. When they try to get closer by using a risky play against a good secondary (arguably the best corner in the league covering a 4th string receiver), you can fault them.
A 45 yard FG is no gimme.

Diamondring
10-01-2012, 01:41 PM
A 45 yard FG is no gimme.Better than a 54 yarder.

Drez
10-01-2012, 01:42 PM
You want to get closer so you throw a 30 yard pass? That's ridiculous. Getting closer is like a 5-10 yard pass pattern. Not go for it all against nnamdi.
Was there a receiver that was less well covered in that distance?

FUUFNF
10-01-2012, 01:42 PM
Shot gun or under center....prob under center because it would have to be a bang bang type of play anyway. You mentioned it would have been a career long for Tynes. Thats why you get closer. But ......whatever. its done.

Time, and the lack of timeouts, was the issue... Had the snap been bad, Eli getting sacked, or the receiver not getting out of bounds, the game woulda been over without even a FG attempt... TC would have been crucified for that... If we have zero confidence that our kicker can make a 50+ FG to win a game, we need to upgrade our kicker.

Drez
10-01-2012, 01:43 PM
A 44 yard FG is as missable as it is makeable. It isn't like the anticipated getting an offensive PI call on the play.

Moke
10-01-2012, 01:43 PM
If time is winding down and there's hardly enough time to get the FG unit on the field to kick a 45 yard FG, there is ZERO benefit for the defense to call a time out to allow the offense to set up properly for a FG. From that distance it's more likely we miss a rushed FG attempt than there is for Vick to be able to drive the offense down the field to score himself.

A 40 yarder? Really? No one can make that? Alright, not sure why Reid wouldn't call timeout to stop the clock for that.

GameTime
10-01-2012, 01:44 PM
Time, and the lack of timeouts, was the issue... Had the snap been bad, Eli getting sacked, or the receiver not getting out of bounds, the game woulda been over without even a FG attempt... TC would have been crucified for that... If we have zero confidence that our kicker can make a 50+ FG to win a game, we need to upgrade our kicker.
I hear you and with the risks involved I guess thats why TC chose the 54 yarder. They know what Tynes can do and I guess they felt thats the safest choice.

Not sure if the Eagles would have blitzed there? Maybe drop 7 or 8 into coverage?? I guess we'll never know

Drez
10-01-2012, 01:45 PM
54 yarders are more missable than they are makeable by most kickers.

Drez
10-01-2012, 01:47 PM
A 40 yarder? Really? No one can make that? Alright, not sure why Reid wouldn't call timeout to stop the clock for that.
Because it doen't make sense for him to. A 40+ yard field goal under normal conditions is very makeable. Under rushed conditions when you don't have time to properly set up it's not. I don't see why that's so hard to understand. What's the chances Vick leads a scoring drive with under :20 seconds left?

Moke
10-01-2012, 01:48 PM
Because it doen't make sense for him to. A 40+ yard field goal under normal conditions is very makeable. Under rushed conditions when you don't have time to properly set up it's not. I don't see why that's so hard to understand. What's the chances Vick leads a scoring drive with under :20 seconds left?

It's not possible? What are the chances Desean Jackson runs down a punt return with a few seconds left?

GameTime
10-01-2012, 01:49 PM
It's not possible? What are the chances Desean Jackson runs down a punt return with a few seconds left?
they would NEVER punt the ball to him in that situation.....:)

Drez
10-01-2012, 02:04 PM

Jackson isn't returning punts for them any more.

They wouldn't punt in that situation.

And what's more likely, the Giants being able to make 40+ yard FG after having time to set up and then having Vick lead a scoring drive with :20 seconds left with 1 time out or the Giants missing (or not even being able to get off) a 40+ yard rushed FG attempt as time was expiring?

Scenario 2 is more likely.

FUUFNF
10-01-2012, 02:04 PM
54 yarders are more missable than they are makeable by most kickers.

50+ is more routine in today's NFL than they ever have been before... Like I said in another post, if Aikers is lining up for a game winning 54 yard FG against us in week 6, how comfortable would you be with that?... In that scenario, we have a much, much higher chance of losing that game than winning it.

Moke
10-01-2012, 02:05 PM
Jackson isn't returning punts for them any more.

They wouldn't punt in that situation.

And what's more likely, the Giants being able to make 40+ yard FG after having time to set up and then having Vick lead a scoring drive with :20 seconds left with 1 time out or the Giants missing (or not even being able to get off) a 40+ yard rushed FG attempt as time was expiring?

Scenario 2 is more likely.

Shake my head. Nevermind. You clearly didn't get it.

Drez
10-01-2012, 02:10 PM
50+ is more routine in today's NFL than they ever have been before... Like I said in another post, if Aikers is lining up for a game winning 54 yard FG against us in week 6, how comfortable would you be with that?... In that scenario, we have a much, much higher chance of losing that game than winning it.
And Tynes doesn't have the same leg strength as Akers. And didn't Akers just miss 2 FGs yesterday, one of which being a 55 yarder and the other of 40 yarder?

Drez
10-01-2012, 02:11 PM
Shake my head. Nevermind. You clearly didn't get it.
Yes, I don't get why Andy Reid would take a time out there as there is no benefit for him to do so.