PDA

View Full Version : Who else was screaming "KICK THE ****ING FIELD GOAL!!!!"

FBomb
10-01-2012, 10:11 AM
Nevermind the INT in the red zone, the defense not making a stop when we needed, the zero pass rush in the second half....we were in position to win this game on a field goal with 15 seconds left and we THROW IT!!!!!!???? This loss falls on Eli and the play calling at the end of the game!! People bashing everything else is nonsense. Eagles ALWAYS have our number and we still had a chance to win it. I am do ****ing pissed off!!!

Moke
10-01-2012, 10:11 AM
I am pissed off too. Moving along towards Cleveland browns!

NYGabriel
10-01-2012, 10:13 AM
It was 2nd down and would have been a 44 yarder. Plus Eagles would have got the ball back with 2 timeouts. They were right to try to get closer but it just wasn't meant to be.

GMENAGAIN
10-01-2012, 10:13 AM
Disagree with the defense not making a stop when they needed to.

They definitely could have played better, but they held the Eagles to FG's a few times when they easily could have given up TD's. Turn any one of those FG's into a TD and it's not evn a game.

FBomb
10-01-2012, 10:19 AM
Disagree with the defense not making a stop when they needed to.

They definitely could have played better, but they held the Eagles to FG's a few times when they easily could have given up TD's. Turn any one of those FG's into a TD and it's not evn a game.

That is what I'm saying...blaming the d is nonsense

gumby74
10-01-2012, 10:20 AM
That is what I'm saying...blaming the d is nonsense i couldn't believe my eyes when i saw that post. Baas was also getting some blame. lol

GMENAGAIN
10-01-2012, 10:20 AM
That is what I'm saying...blaming the d is nonsense

. . . my bad

Diamondring
10-01-2012, 10:21 AM
I'm never forgettting that int in the endzone with the type of offense we have. Never.

dnotch121
10-01-2012, 10:22 AM
They D needs a lot of blame...we lost by 2 so giving up FG's came back to bite us. Not only did we give up the FG but they also took time off the clock which we could have really used.

nhpgiantsfan
10-01-2012, 10:24 AM
i couldn't believe my eyes when i saw that post. Baas was also getting some blame. lol

Yes the Baas snap was huge. His 2nd one of the night by the way.

Manning
10-01-2012, 10:25 AM
I was screaming get 10 more yards. We had 1st and 10 with 50 seconds left with a potential 44 yard fg. We ran on 1st down and ran the play clock down near the end..

giantsfan420
10-01-2012, 10:26 AM
it was like the giants got confused by how Philly was handling their two time outs. after that 1rst down run play, the giants coaches would have called time out had they been in reids shoes, so whenn reid didnt cal TO i think it messed up the thinking of KG n Eli. just seemed to me after the 1rst down run play the team forgot we were in FG range and started to ply as if we were down 2 TDs with a min left. The pass to Barden, I'll never understand the play call but eh. it was a good, fun game. eli made a couple bad throws otherwise he carved up the #1 pass d in the league.

the run game didnt look near as good as when we had Brown in.

Not having Nicks hurt us in key situations.

All Philly did was hold serve, which is what we will do week 17 when we beat them.

miked1958
10-01-2012, 10:30 AM
That is what I'm saying...blaming the d is nonsenseeagles didnt get a TD in second half

sc_markt
Who else was screaming "KICK THE ****ING FIELD GOAL!!!!"

Me.

And I also don't understand why we didn't just run the ball the last few plays in order to maybe squeak out a few more yards before we kicked a field goal.

We should have won that game.

miked1958
4 Field Goals. the D bended but didnt break

miked1958
10-01-2012, 10:31 AM
if you are only down 7-3 at the half and hold your opponent to 4 fgs in whole 2nd half. you should win that game

NYGabriel
10-01-2012, 10:33 AM
Me.

And I also don't understand why we didn't just run the ball the last few plays in order to maybe squeak out a few more yards before we kicked a field goal.

We should have won that game.

With hindsight that would have been the most sensible thing to do (although I was saying it at the time). I guess they were trying to ice the game with the unexpected TD throw.

tonyt830
10-01-2012, 10:38 AM
Nevermind the INT in the red zone, the defense not making a stop when we needed, the zero pass rush in the second half....we were in position to win this game on a field goal with 15 seconds left and we THROW IT!!!!!!???? This loss falls on Eli and the play calling at the end of the game!! People bashing everything else is nonsense. Eagles ALWAYS have our number and we still had a chance to win it. I am do ****ing pissed off!!!I agree, did not like the play call on 2 down when Manning went deep to Barden which led to pass inteference on barden. Now granted he probably prevented a INT by Nnamdi.

I know hindsight is 20/20, but I would have preferred another draw up middle on 2nd down, even if it was for 2 yards, then Eli could have spiked it on 3rd down and it would have been a much more reasonable FG. The pass inteference really killed the drive since on 3rd and long with 15 seconds really handcuffed what they could do, hence try to kick a 54 yard FG

gumby74
10-01-2012, 10:39 AM
Yes the Baas snap was huge. His 2nd one of the night by the way. Heh. If you wanted to blame anyone, there were plenty other things that were far worse then Baas.

JJC7301
10-01-2012, 10:40 AM
It was 2nd down and would have been a 44 yarder. Plus Eagles would have got the ball back with 2 timeouts. They were right to try to get closer but it just wasn't meant to be.
They did the right thing in trying to gain more yardage. And I'm not upset with the D -- they let up 19 points against a very good and dangerous O.

The thing that hurts most about this, IMO, is that it's the 2nd loss in the division already. We can beat the Eagles, but we'd better run the table in the division the rest of the way.

tonyt830
10-01-2012, 10:41 AM
if you are only down 7-3 at the half and hold your opponent to 4 fgs in whole 2nd half. you should win that gameI agree, but as much as I hate to do it, I tip my hat(reluctantly) to the Eagles defense. On top of that our pass rush was limited once again in the 2nd half and the Eagles stuck with what was working for them, running the ball with McCoy.