PDA

View Full Version : Everybody.....CHILL THE HECK OUT!!!!!

Cool Papa B.
10-01-2012, 09:15 AM
Usually I wait for someone else to start this thread after a tough loss, but I can't wait anymore.

We lost a game to a division rival that we should have won and we didn't execute in the last drive, but the good news is that those mistakes are correctable.

When Eli looks at the tape today, he will be kicking himself for that redzone INT and that pass to Barden. Correctable! And the other mistakes in the game can be corrected also.

We are 2-2 right now. There's still a lot of football left. This isn't the time to push the panic button.

Moke
10-01-2012, 09:17 AM
It might be disheartening for the team because they have been playing well even with the injuries. Sucks, but it's true. Team needs to keep the heart and keep it in their heads that they do have the talent to win.

CDN_G-FAN
10-01-2012, 09:43 AM
i look at it differently.

i'm not throwing in the towel on the seaosn or anything, but one of my biggest concerns has been our cap situation and how we're going to continue to improve in an increasingly tight division.

so far this season, pieces that i thought were indispensible (tuck, webster, phillips, Osi sorta), are not nearly as critical anymore and could provide some relief so we don't have to make a tough decision like keeping Nicks over Cruz or something like that.

ALLnygIN
10-01-2012, 09:57 AM
the good news? dude, we've lost two divisional games already. There is no good news, unless were flawless from here on out in divisional games. Look at our record thus far and everyone elses and tack on 2 divisional loses. Good news? no. It's still early though, thats about as much as I'll say.

NYGNash
10-01-2012, 09:59 AM
Ah this conversation never get old (it would seem)... "You can't win em all" would seem appropriate! And so does the "Fair-weather fan" scenario..... In times of a minimal loss to a division rival is not the end of the world..... Time to get behind our team and keep the positive attitude!

>>> GO GIANTS!

ALLnygIN
10-01-2012, 10:09 AM
Look enough of the ohh lets be positive.. Yes, I agree to a point. Is it the end of the world no. Is our season doomed, no. Is the team in trouble no. Fact is we lost two divisional games early in the season. That's huge. Any fan that knows alittle something is going to be a little concerned about the implications that could arise. So, yes.I am absoluetlyirritated the last thing we want is to have the losses haunt us if it comes down to a close race which i'm almost certain it will. Anyway, I just finished the game now becuase I was at work all night.. So, i'm also not be as rational as I normally am anyway.

GameTime
10-01-2012, 10:11 AM
0-2 in the divsion...that sucks.....
they have the talent to win out for sure but to lose to the peice of **** eagles just sucks beyond belief. Emotional loss for the fans big time....

BlueBlooded1979
10-01-2012, 10:12 AM
If you watch anything other than Giant games you will see how the NFC is shaping up and that a WC might take 11 wins. 2 Divisional losses puts them way behind the 8 ball.

egyptian420
10-01-2012, 10:13 AM
Am I concerned? Absolutley.

Am I throwing in the towel? Not even close...this season just started and we have 4 more division games, if we split all the series in our division and go 3-3, that won't even be that bad as long as we handle our business outside the division. I believe in this team to turn things around until we're officially disqualified.

ALLnygIN
10-01-2012, 10:13 AM
If you watch anything other than Giant games you will see how the NFC is shaping up and that a WC might take 11 wins. 2 Divisional losses puts them way behind the 8 ball.

exactly..

Toadofsteel
10-01-2012, 10:24 AM
Am I concerned? Absolutley.

Am I throwing in the towel? Not even close...this season just started and we have 4 more division games, if we split all the series in our division and go 3-3, that won't even be that bad as long as we handle our business outside the division. I believe in this team to turn things around until we're officially disqualified.

This makes the most sense. The season isn't over, sure, but we'd have to beat dallas again (which I believe we will), split with washington (easily possible), and we'd have to beat philly again (which I believe we wont)...

ALLnygIN
10-01-2012, 10:29 AM
Phillys had our number for years now. I was really, really hoping to win this time around. Maybe, next time and hopefully it will be sweater than their players and fans are feeling now.

GameTime
10-01-2012, 10:29 AM
exactly....the worst losses you can have are division losses then conference losses. Well the Giants now have two of those......its big. Or lets put it this way. It may turn out to be big.

Cool Papa B.
10-01-2012, 12:00 PM
An 0-2 start in the division stinks, but not insurmountable. It's gonna be a dog fight in the East this year. All 4 teams are good and I wouldn't be surprised if everyone finishes with a 3-3 record. We can beat Dallas; we can beat Washington and yes, we can beat Philly at home.

Toadofsteel
10-01-2012, 12:05 PM
An 0-2 start in the division stinks, but not insurmountable. It's gonna be a dog fight in the East this year. All 4 teams are good and I wouldn't be surprised if everyone finishes with a 3-3 record. We can beat Dallas; we can beat Washington and yes, we can beat Philly at home.The only way we beat Philly at home is if EVERYONE is healthy and ready to go.

B-Red22
10-01-2012, 12:06 PM

exactly this, I am concerned because we already have the hardest schedule put on paper, we can't just give games away that we should win.

CuseGirl
10-01-2012, 12:14 PM
I just wanted this win, in their stadium, because I hate this franchise and I hate the entitlement their walk around with. Despite 2 titles, that team and their fans still walk around like they are better than the Giants and I can't stand it. And I don't think the Giants are concerned with it.....

fizzlesticks
10-01-2012, 12:19 PM
The only way we beat Philly at home is if EVERYONE is healthy and ready to go.

What? We were a penalty away from winning last night.

VBGiantsFan
10-01-2012, 12:23 PM
I just wanted this win, in their stadium, because I hate this franchise and I hate the entitlement their walk around with. Despite 2 titles, that team and their fans still walk around like they are better than the Giants and I can't stand it. And I don't think the Giants are concerned with it.....

I think the Giants are always concerned with the divison rival. I don't think they are concerned with their rivals fans feeling of "entitlement" considering the Giants have 2 superbowls in 4 years to the Eagles 0 in 40 years.

burier
10-01-2012, 12:24 PM
exactly....the worst losses you can have are division losses then conference losses. Well the Giants now have two of those......its big. Or lets put it this way. It may turn out to be big.

Did you guys expect to sweep the division?

I hate this loss but in the grand sceheme of things we could only expect to split with Dallas and Philly and we can still achieve that. All we have to do is hold serve against Philly which will be week 17 when we should be peaking. And we always win in Dallas.

We're gonna have to sweep Washington which is gonna be hard but we're just gonna have to do it.

The sky isn't falling. We have to reduce Osi and Tuck's workload and get Nicks back and we're A.O.K

GameTime
10-01-2012, 12:33 PM
Did you guys expect to sweep the division?

I hate this loss but in the grand sceheme of things we could only expect to split with Dallas and Philly and we can still achieve that. All we have to do is hold serve against Philly which will be week 17 when we should be peaking. And we always win in Dallas.

We're gonna have to sweep Washington which is gonna be hard but we're just gonna have to do it.

The sky isn't falling. We have to reduce Osi and Tuck's workload and get Nicks back and we're A.O.K
no the sky isnt falling. But 0-2 in the div is 0-2. Did i think they would sweep? Of course not. But now they have to split with the Boys and Girls and sweep the Skins. Or they can just win the div out right and not worry about tie breakers.

gumby74
10-01-2012, 12:36 PM
It's not that we lost, but how we lost.

egyptian420
10-01-2012, 02:41 PM
This makes the most sense. The season isn't over, sure, but we'd have to beat dallas again (which I believe we will), split with washington (easily possible), and we'd have to beat philly again (which I believe we wont)...We darn well could beat Philly again in week 17 much like we did the Cowboys last season. And it is also very possible that we can sweep the Skins, they did it to us last year and they were otherwise straight up garbage.

Anything is possible in this league.

Toadofsteel
10-01-2012, 02:53 PM
We darn well could beat Philly again in week 17 much like we did the Cowboys last season. And it is also very possible that we can sweep the Skins, they did it to us last year and they were otherwise straight up garbage.

Anything is possible in this league.

I think we'll do better against the Skins as they lost Orakpo and Carriker (i.e. the reasons we lost to them twice last year). Hopefully by then Canty will be back and we can flush the pocket while forcing a contain.

Beating Dallas is a must...

pokerpunk
10-01-2012, 02:53 PM
What I don't understand is why did'nt Fewell did'nt make adjustments in the second half. In the second half the Eagles came out and made adjustments to slow the pass rush down. It resulted in both their running and passing game opening up. Fewell did'nt do anything different. Is there something going on with Webster thats being kept quiet? He certainly isn't playing up to the level that we know he can play at. He is getting torched badly and he looks to be a step or two slower. That was a tough loss to team that we should have beaten.

gmenfan0488
10-01-2012, 03:17 PM
An 0-2 start in the division stinks, but not insurmountable. It's gonna be a dog fight in the East this year. All 4 teams are good and I wouldn't be surprised if everyone finishes with a 3-3 record. We can beat Dallas; we can beat Washington and yes, we can beat Philly at home.

dude, there's no way we win the division. We lost to the redskins twice last year with rex grossman, and we can't beat Philly, elspecially at home. So we go 1-5 or 2-4 at best in the division. We need to go 10-0 or 9-1 in non conference games, which won't happen. Last night SIGNIFICANTLY lowered our playoff chances? Anyone who doesn't see this is lying to themselves

GentleGiant
10-01-2012, 03:20 PM
the good news? dude, we've lost two divisional games already. There is no good news, unless were flawless from here on out in divisional games. Look at our record thus far and everyone elses and tack on 2 divisional loses. Good news? no. It's still early though, thats about as much as I'll say.

Seeing as the cowboys game was kind a "hey the cowboys are back for 1 game" then they fall apart the next and this eagles game was a tough one anyway, I'm not gonna take it seriously. We still have yet to play the skins and we haven't played the eagles at home yet.

Toadofsteel
10-01-2012, 03:24 PM
Seeing as the cowboys game was kind a "hey the cowboys are back for 1 game" then they fall apart the next and this eagles game was a tough one anyway, I'm not gonna take it seriously. We still have yet to play the skins and we haven't played the eagles at home yet.

Do you honestly think we'd sweep the skins or beat the eagles at home though? We're worse at home vs the eagles than we are away. I think we get one on the redskins this year, now that their defense got gimped, but Griffin is no scrub.