PDA

View Full Version : Why We Lost to the Eagles-Straightforward Analysis!

NYGiantsFan56
10-01-2012, 10:35 AM
Forget all this Monday Morning Analysis. We lost to the Eagles for one simple reason and that is: "They have our number and they are inside our heads and as long as that remains we cannot beat them in crucial games". This has been going on for the last 10 years. Think of all the games the Eagles the have torched us. Nobody else has done this to us on a consistent basis like the Eagles. This team will overcome. To prove my point watch what the Giants do to the Browns. They will probably peel off a 4 game winning streak now.

Rudyy
10-01-2012, 10:37 AM
That's not analysis, that's just a fact..that I'm tired of hearing.

NYGiantsFan56
10-01-2012, 10:38 AM
That's not analysis, that's just a fact..that I'm tired of hearing.
Call it what you want. It is what it is. BTW I am also sick of hearing it but the truth hurts

Moke
10-01-2012, 10:39 AM
Not analysis like Rudy said, but is semi-true.

Reid has been good coaching against us though. I feel like he feels that he is on the hot seat every time he plays us... because he makes some bone-head calls in other games except the Giants games.

Rudyy
10-01-2012, 10:41 AM
Call it what you want. It is what it is. BTW I am also sick of hearing it but the truth hurtsWell duh it's the truth, I'm not denying that.

RagingBlue
10-01-2012, 10:42 AM
When we played the Cowboys they came out and played us like it was their Superbowl. Yesterday the Eagles came out and played us like it was a playoff game. They play us like the way we play against the Patriots. Balls out football. Where was our defense? Two rookie offensive lineman on the Eagles and they looked like veterans against our defense. It always comes down to the battle of the trenches. Watch when we play the Redskins. They beat us twice last year for the same reason. They will beat us again if we don't play like the world is on fire. It's a divisional game. Basic smash mouth football and who punches the hardest.

TheEnigma
10-01-2012, 10:45 AM
Not analysis like Rudy said, but is semi-true.

Reid has been good coaching against us though. I feel like he feels that he is on the hot seat every time he plays us... because he makes some bone-head calls in other games except the Giants games.

I think it's a combination of Reid's best games and then Coughlin seems to make questionable decisions against the Eagles. Tynes and a 54 yard FG attempt? He's always been more of a clutch kicker from 40 yards deep and closer instead of a long range booter like a Janikowski or David Akers. Just felt like he was trying to put a square peg into a hole there.

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 10:47 AM
Exactly. There was no one play, no injury, and no one player that lost last nights game. The Eagles own the Giants. It's as simple as that.

GameTime
10-01-2012, 10:49 AM
Forget all this Monday Morning Analysis. We lost to the Eagles for one simple reason and that is: "They have our number and they are inside our heads and as long as that remains we cannot beat them in crucial games". This has been going on for the last 10 years. Think of all the games the Eagles the have torched us. Nobody else has done this to us on a consistent basis like the Eagles. This team will overcome. To prove my point watch what the Giants do to the Browns. They will probably peel off a 4 game winning streak now.
you are wrong....
lack of discipline on defense and no running game on offense. Those are the two main reason the Giants lost last night

GIANTSED101
10-01-2012, 10:57 AM
Nope it wasnt' one player or just one play that lost the game for us, it was a combination of all of the above. The Eagles don't own us we just find ways to lose the games. Owning someone is when someone comes out and completely destroys you. It's when you look completely lost like a puppy and you're just hoping that your mommy will come and find you. The Eagles played there best game this year and it just happened to be against us. That being said, they barely beat us without Nicks. The Giants shoud be 4-0 but there not, simply because of playing just awful against the better teams and playing good against sub pars teams, which is completely opposite of what they were doing last season. The Eagles won fare and square and I'll give them that but as far as owning us??? far from that.

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 10:59 AM
Yeah and TO's another game, and poor execution another game, and this and that. They own the Giants. There is no other way to explain it. 8 out of 9 and 17 out of 25 is just ridiculous. They own the Giants but some how the Giants are able to win the Super Bowl so we just have to deal with it.

GameTime
10-01-2012, 11:01 AM
Yeah and TO's another game, and poor execution another game, and this and that. They own the Giants. There is no other way to explain it. 8 out of 9 and 17 out of 25 is just ridiculous. They own the Giants but some how the Giants are able to win the Super Bowl so we just have to deal with it.
dont care about history. Talking about yesterdays game......
No running and the Giants D played like they never saw Shady run before.

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 11:03 AM
Excuses. The last game it was this the other game it was that. You can't ignore the history. The history is 8 of 9 games lost with last night being one of them.

Diamondring
10-01-2012, 11:03 AM
Eagles didn't dominate the Giants and I would say they only had our number in 09. That was when they scored a lot of points on us and Giants can only do a little.

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 11:05 AM
Yeah they do dominate the Giants. The DO, not they DID. I'm not into he close loss thing. A loss is a loss like a win is a win.

GIANTSED101
10-01-2012, 11:09 AM
The only thing the Eagles own is an empty Trophy case....They got us last night that's fine but we'll get them back at home. We aren't the same ol giants and they're not dealing with the old Eli anymore.

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 11:12 AM
Really? They won 8 of the last 9.

Jtuck
10-01-2012, 11:22 AM
The only thing the Eagles own is an empty Trophy case....They got us last night that's fine but we'll get them back at home. We aren't the same ol giants and they're not dealing with the old Eli anymore.

The old Eli showed up lastnight and threw that pick in the redzone!

GMENAGAIN
10-01-2012, 11:54 AM
Exactly. There was no one play, no injury, and no one player that lost last nights game. The Eagles own the Giants. It's as simple as that.

This is your 50th post in the last 24 hours stating that the Eagles own the Giants. Enough already. We get it.

GIANTSED101
10-01-2012, 12:12 PM

Yep and he also took us right down the field with a chance of winning the game. Even though he threw the pick it's up to the D to stop the Eagles from scoring, they didn't do that. It's also up to the coaches to call the right plays towards the end of the game, they didn't do that. Eli didn't play that bad last night and didn't cost us the game.

GameTime
10-01-2012, 12:14 PM
thats just a lame *** response....

GIANTSED101
10-01-2012, 12:16 PM
I'm curious as to why Barden was in and not Hixon. Hixon was working the corners last night.

G-MENBK
10-01-2012, 12:17 PM
I honestly think the defense should have just given in and allowed them to score the TD. Eli plays better when the team is down by 4 or more. It would have given him more time on the clock and probably a timeout.

GameTime
10-01-2012, 12:18 PM
I'm curious as to why Barden was in and not Hixon. Hixon was working the corners last night.
they were both in. Dont know on the last deep play though. They had the match up but Barden decided to grab a handfull of DB for some reason.

GIANTSED101
10-01-2012, 12:21 PM
they were both in. Dont know on the last deep play though. They had the match up but Barden decided to grab a handfull of DB for some reason.

I looked like Barden was trying to WWE Nhamdi. I know he probably stopped a pick but damn that was just a mugging.

BlueReign
10-01-2012, 12:22 PM
Osi lost contain.....a lot. That's why we lost.

BlueBlooded1979
10-01-2012, 12:23 PM
Saying that a team owns another team is probably the height of stupidity. Rosters turn over every year by 20%-35% so you will never see the same team year to year.
Last nights loss was handful of players not doing their job on every play.

Rusty192
10-01-2012, 12:25 PM
Saying that a team owns another team is probably the height of stupidity. Rosters turn over every year by 20%-35% so you will never see the same team year to year.
Last nights loss was handful of players not doing their job on every play.Yeah but people are pansies.

GIANTSED101
10-01-2012, 12:25 PM
Last nights loss was handful of players not doing their job on every play.

Finally a logical explanation..

Atomic1
10-01-2012, 12:37 PM
I know having no timeouts left at the games end was the reason we threw endzone to Barden but I think if we dump it off to a back or throw a quick sideline pass and then spike it , we can kick the game winner.
The loss of Nicks in this spot and on the Red-zone INT that Eli threw, plus for the first time the loss of MANNINGHAM made the difference as Barden and Hixon's inexperience came thru in BIG spots
I felt like the Giants beat themselves more than the Eagles beat them because of the Eli pick and Barden play-call .

GIANTSED101
10-01-2012, 12:57 PM
Well we all know we can't go around saying that we beat oursleves and the Eagles didn't. To keep it simple the Eagles made more plays than we did and there players stepped up more than ours.

BigBlue wins
10-01-2012, 01:01 PM
What bothers me the most is that we already lost 2 divisional games. Unless we step it up for the rest of our divisional games, we are going to be looking at 2010 all over again :( 10-6 nothing, win your divisional games!!

GIANTSED101
10-01-2012, 01:04 PM
It's not only the divisional games that we need to win we need to try and beat every NFC opponenet so we can try and get those tie breakers.

TrueBlue@NYC
10-01-2012, 01:06 PM
Eagles simply present alot of match-up problems for us the same way we do with the Pats. Sometimes it just goes that way. I will say that the Eagles are in Eli's head a little bit. They're the only team I see rattle him some into making bad decisions.

Eli forced the ball last night. It looked like he felt we HAD to have a huge play in order to win and he put the ball in danger a few times where be probably shouldn't have.

SackingMyths
10-01-2012, 01:17 PM
In a game where two teams were so evenly matched, talent and depth win out.

We can't all sit here and discuss Nicks being a top-10 receiver in the league and just say that it won't affect us if he's not playing...it very clearly did...

...then you take other very key guys like KP, Canty, Rivers, and Hosley, add it all up, and it badly affects your depth and fatigue plays a factor, it reduces (even if only slightly) the skill level of the guys playing the positions replacing them, and voila--you come up a little short.

It stings real bad today. But healthy perspective is to look at it that we were a missed FG away from beating them at full-strength -- in their house -- and if we can get healthy at the right time (like last year), the rematch will end up with us getting the last laugh.

G-MENBK
10-01-2012, 01:24 PM
It stings real bad today. But healthy perspective is to look at it that we were a missed FG away from beating them at full-strength -- in their house -- and if we can get healthy at the right time (like last year), the rematch will end up with us getting the last laugh.

Even with the injuries, I still say stupidity is what made the Giants lose the game. When the Eagles were called for PI, everyone on the sidelines should have been screaming "run, run," because we could have given Tynes at least a 44 yarder (Assuming we didn't pick anything following at least one run).

nycisgreat
10-01-2012, 01:28 PM

I hear you. That is why I am happy the Eagles insn't an AFC team. They just have our number. I didn't realize that they beat us 8 out of the last 9 tries. Before the win last season in week 3, we haven't beat the Eagles since 2008. That is simply a shame.

SackingMyths
10-01-2012, 02:10 PM
Even with the injuries, I still say stupidity is what made the Giants lose the game. When the Eagles were called for PI, everyone on the sidelines should have been screaming "run, run," because we could have given Tynes at least a 44 yarder (Assuming we didn't pick anything following at least one run).

Oh, no. Don't get me wrong. I totally agree that there was some poor decision making at the end of the game. I'm just saying that, to me, it was encouraging to still have a chance to win in spite of the key guys we played without. With those guys being out, the margin of error was so slim that one or two key plays/decisions were going to make or break the game.

For me, the Eli pick was what ended up costing us the game, if we want to do the hindsight thing. Again, in such a close game, and shorthanded, you gotta get at least 3 there.

But back to my point, IMO if we were at full strength last night, I think we could've beat them by like 10-14 pts. the way that game played out. If that happens, a mistake or two just ends up being totally forgotten (forgiven).

We'll get 'em next time and in a BIG way.

NYGiantsFan56
10-01-2012, 02:40 PM
The Eagles own us. Simple as that. I can go back to the mid-seventies right through the Buddy Ryan era on to Randle Cunningham and Donovan McNabb up to the present date with Andy Reid and share horror stories about what the Eagles do to us. Yes, we have caught are fair share from the Cowboys and Redskins over the years but not at the magnitude of the Eagles. I believe they have beaten us 18 out of the last 25 games and they always beat us in the fourth quarter. Last night is just another example. Know it sounds stupid to say your owned by another team but with these results there is no other logical explanation. I would see the Eagles lay eggs against other teams and when they met us the following week they would torch us. Go Figure if you think its something other than they have a psychological stranglehold over us