PDA

View Full Version : Should we rest Webster?

Toadofsteel
10-01-2012, 10:40 AM
Especially if Hosley and Prince are healthy, I feel as though Webster has lost more than one step this season, plus the broken hand isn't helping him. I feel as though he should be moved to nickel corner. Prince is completely shutting down his receiver when he plays (Maclin only had 1 catch for 10 yards, SS Not12 was a non-factor in the carolina game as well). Hosley is just a monstrous ball hawk, and i'm surprised he fell all the way through the third round to be honest.

Moke
10-01-2012, 10:41 AM
Nope. He needs more play-time to be honest. He needs to get better by playing on the field, not by resting.

Toadofsteel
10-01-2012, 10:42 AM
Nope. He needs more play-time to be honest. He needs to get better by playing on the field, not by resting.

Can we at least assign him to the #2 receiver? Prince would have been more likely to stay step for step with jackson than Webster did... and if we had Hosley, there would have been no contest.

CruzSoldier
10-01-2012, 10:43 AM
Hosley had smoked pot and had other off the field issues so that's why he feel to the 3rd round....

RoanokeFan
10-01-2012, 10:44 AM
We need to see what's up with Philips before we realign anything. The secondary has been beaten up for two seasons.

Dwinsballgames
10-01-2012, 10:45 AM
We need to see what's up with Philips before we realign anything. The secondary has been beaten up for two seasons.

Prince came up gimpy toward the end of the game as well.

CruzSoldier
10-01-2012, 10:46 AM
Well because Prince is always hurt I guess they don't trust him that he will be healthy and going back to the playoffs last year I mean this kid shutdown Jordy Nelson too. He looks like he's really coming along. Webster looks lost and was beat badly on that 3rd and 10 for the touch down. All and all we should have one this game even with all the missing pieces we let them off the hook.

CDN_G-FAN
10-01-2012, 10:47 AM
we don't have any options in the secondary given the injuries.

we're gonna dance with who we brought on this one fellas.

Roosevelt
10-01-2012, 10:47 AM
Perhaps JPP needs to throw Corey in the ice bath?

RoanokeFan
10-01-2012, 10:56 AM
Prince came up gimpy toward the end of the game as well.

I was trying to forget that lol

Ruttiger711
10-01-2012, 10:58 AM
Not sure how resting is going to help him - the hand wasn't the problem before and doesn't seem like a hinderance now.

Toadofsteel
10-01-2012, 10:58 AM
I think Prince will be fine this time... we have to give him props for everything he's given us. He gets a lot of crap for that ice bath video, people think he's "soft", but the fact is that whoever he's covering is not going to have a good day. I hope in a couple years we can install a jets-style "island" defense with him...

CDN_G-FAN
10-01-2012, 10:59 AM
I was trying to forget that lol

i lost it when i saw that. i was reeled in the whole game and to see that kid hurt AGAIN, sent me off the edge.

Toadofsteel
10-01-2012, 11:36 AM
According to the injury report RF posted, Prince was fine after that play... he needs to stay healthy though *knock on wood*

Giants928
10-01-2012, 11:40 AM
Webster has been average at best, but he's the best we have at the moment. Coughlin seems to really like Webster. I think Prince will eventually become a great shut down corner as he gets more reps. I also think Hosley is going to be great. Our corners just need to stay healthy and gel. I miss T2!!

Toadofsteel
10-01-2012, 11:47 AM
Webster has been average at best, but he's the best we have at the moment. Coughlin seems to really like Webster. I think Prince will eventually become a great shut down corner as he gets more reps. I also think Hosley is going to be great. Our corners just need to stay healthy and gel. I miss T2!!

I think Prince and Hosley have the potential to be better than T2/Webster ever were. Obviously nowhere near there yet, but look at how monstrous Hosley has been, as a freaking rookie, when he gets on the field. Prince too, still effectively a "rookie" as per JPP. With more reps these two guys could make our defense fearsome. At least, IF they can stay healthy. I seriously want a better conditioning coach now...