PDA

View Full Version : Injury Report: Phillips and other updates

RoanokeFan
10-01-2012, 10:59 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/17836/injury-report-losing-phillips-and-other-updates

Excerpt: "The Giants secondary took another hit on Sunday night.

Safety Kenny Phillips (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/11265/kenny-phillips) left in the game in the first quarter with a sprained right knee. He underwent X-rays which came back negative but did not return.

"He is a big part of our defense," Justin Tuck (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/8488/justin-tuck) said. "Obviously, when he goes down, somebody has got to step up but without him being out there, it kind of made us gun shy a little bit because (against) those wide receivers and that big-play offense, he is kind of like the anchor, him and Antrel (Rolle)."

The Giants' secondary has been crushed by injuries all season. " Read more...

Toadofsteel
10-01-2012, 11:00 AM
Bottom paragraph: Prince is fine! Hallelujah!

Thanks for the link RF

WinterIsComing
10-01-2012, 11:00 AM
Tuck seems to make alot of excuses these days.

GameTime
10-01-2012, 11:01 AM
How about the run game Tuck....they ran up almost 200 yards...
come on man....

Rudyy
10-01-2012, 11:01 AM
Wtf is up with the secondarys conditioning?

TheEnigma
10-01-2012, 11:02 AM
I'll wait until Saturday before I get excited for this injury news. Nicks was supposed to play against the Eagles but then had to sit out because of the swollen knee. So, for now, I'm cautiously optimistic.

Moke
10-01-2012, 11:02 AM
I'm actually excited for Sash. I hope he gets playing time and he may be good for rotation.

RoanokeFan
10-01-2012, 11:04 AM
Bottom paragraph: Prince is fine! Hallelujah!

Thanks for the link RF

I don't think we appreciate Rolle enough That guy just won't quit

Toadofsteel
10-01-2012, 11:05 AM
I'm actually excited for Sash. I hope he gets playing time and he may be good for rotation.

The thing is, who do we boot off the team for him? Sash did not count against our roster due to his suspension, but now we'd have to make room for him. Both Hill and Stevie have played well as of late. KP and Rolle have been good like they always have been.

RoanokeFan

Yes, and Canty in two weeks I PRAY. Hosley needs to heal up and get on the field

JesseJames
the Giants run defense was a total embarrassment last night and the outside contain on Vick was ludicrous....

pthere55
I'll wait until Saturday before I get excited for this injury news. Nicks was supposed to play against the Eagles but then had to sit out because of the swollen knee. So, for now, I'm cautiously optimistic.

Its like they always down play Hakeem's injuries. He is fine one moment and then he is out.

RoanokeFan
10-01-2012, 11:06 AM

It's a never ending carousel it seems

Moke
Yes, and Canty in two weeks I PRAY. Hosley needs to heal up and get on the field

I'm happy we have a game against cleveland next weekend. I know you can't call it an easy game, but at least their offense is a little slow, unlike the Eagles.

It'll give the defense a little more time to adjust and actually catch a breather.

It might sound like a head-scratcher, but I really think the Eagles are just such a fast-paced team that it wears down the defense a lot.

Toadofsteel
I don't think we appreciate Rolle enough That guy just won't quit

Rolle turned my opinion of him around last year. I used to think he was a bit of a punk, more suited to play for the Jets than the Giants, always feuding with TC. But now he's bought into the system fully, and he's definitely showing his toughness now. 2010 Rolle would have thrown a huge fit over that cameraman; 2012 Rolle just played through it the next game.

RoanokeFan
10-01-2012, 11:07 AM
Its like they always down play Hakeem's injuries. He is fine one moment and then he is out.

Let's be clear, he was dealing and playing with the foot injury but then had a knee issue on top of that.

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 11:08 AM
Tuck sure likes to talk lately and not back any of it up. I think Hill and Brown looked good last night.

BlueBlooded1979
10-01-2012, 11:10 AM
Rolle is constantly out of postion when they play 2 deep. Phillips has true centerfield instincts and that is hard to lose. I like the way Brown and Hill played.

RoanokeFan
10-01-2012, 11:10 AM
Rolle turned my opinion of him around last year. I used to think he was a bit of a punk, more suited to play for the Jets than the Giants, always feuding with TC. But now he's bought into the system fully, and he's definitely showing his toughness now. 2010 Rolle would have thrown a huge fit over that cameraman; 2012 Rolle just played through it the next game.

He's am opinionated individual who speaks his mind. I think he has become one of the true leaders on this team.

TheEnigma
10-01-2012, 11:11 AM
Let's be clear, he was dealing and playing with the foot injury but then had a knee issue on top of that.

RF is right. That's why you have to wait out the week before getting too optimistic about the Morning After news. Anything can happen in practice.

RoanokeFan
10-01-2012, 11:11 AM
Tuck sure likes to talk lately and not back any of it up. I think Hill and Brown looked good last night.

They did indeed

timmytimm3
10-01-2012, 11:12 AM

Not to mention him playing through two bad shoulders last year. I've sprained my rotator cuff and I can't imagine playing through a torn one. ALL IN

pthere55
10-01-2012, 11:28 AM

I understand but the update was that he was fine and will be ready sunday. They could of just said he was day to day.

Toadofsteel
10-01-2012, 11:30 AM
He's am opinionated individual who speaks his mind. I think he has become one of the true leaders on this team.

I used to think he was a defensive version of Santonio Holmes. Now I think he's more like Deon Grant...

sharick88
10-01-2012, 11:32 AM
How about the run game Tuck....they ran up almost 200 yards...
come on man....

How about Tuck himself? Dude has been AWOL all season so far.

Giants928
10-01-2012, 11:35 AM
I really like how Brown plays, great hitter.