PDA

View Full Version : There isnt 1 person or 1 specific unit that should be blamed except

sheepdip
10-01-2012, 11:07 AM
TC and Killdrive.
They got too pass happy as usual and paid the price.
Low % passing game. All or nothing 20 + pass plays.

Lets think about the mindset of those 2. Eagles D line is pretty tough on QBs bottom line. What was the game plan ? come out with a down field passing game and get eli clobbered early and set the tone. Forget about quick passing/ short passing game or use there aggression against them but we decide to go deep on them and usually at there best CB. I don't mind this strategy if you can block but early on was an indication that we couldn't block there front. Now I ask this question shouldnt you know this already that we couldnt just sit back and throw 30 yards down field. Did we actually think with this o line that we could do this against the eagles front ?. That was my 1st question. I couldn't count how many straight passes we attempted and constantly ignoring the running game and yet putting ourselves in 3 rd and longs. With all this said we could have won this game. With the game on the line the play calling was just low % passing plays all or nothing.

They handed the game to us on a Silver Platter and are probably shocked that they came out with the win.

Could have been 3-1 with the Browns at home next week. Could have really put our selves in a good position going forward.

a lot of people want to blame Webster or this guy or that guy. It all came down to play calling at the end. We were given almost mid field every possession and we couldn't establish any balance or consistency. Ignore the run and throw deep passes.

Rudyy
10-01-2012, 11:08 AM
Stop making excuses. We lost because the Eagles own us.

Moke
10-01-2012, 11:08 AM
8 OUT OF 9, REMEMBER THAT BECAUSE PEOPLE JUST DON'T GET IT NOW.

sheepdip
10-01-2012, 11:12 AM
I bet you the eagles on the sideline were thinking they are going to loose this one. 8 out of 9 or whatever. We should have easily won this game at the end regardless of head to head wins.

JesseJames
10-01-2012, 11:17 AM
we couldn't stop the run "again" and we couldn't run it ourselves and we couldn't get to Vick thats it in a nutshell...

BlueBlooded1979
10-01-2012, 11:19 AM
TC doesn't call plays. He leaves that to his coordinators and they have the same issues as always. Fewell refuses to have his guys jam at the line and Gilbride gets obsessed with the deep ball and the draw.

TC made a bad decision at the end of the game by thinking Tynes could hit from 54 on a crappy field. Missing two consecutive kicks is great evidence to that.

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 11:19 AM
The truth hurts.

GameTime
10-01-2012, 11:20 AM
we couldn't stop the run "again" and we couldn't run it ourselves and we couldn't get to Vick thats it in a nutshell...
bam....I agree.

CuseGirl
10-01-2012, 11:28 AM
Everything was bad, it wasn't just one thing.

Suddenly, an undersized finesse team can completely protect Vick and still have receivers WIDE OPEN downfield AND run to the edge at will.

Namndi was out for a stretch and we didn't capitalize.

Not running the ball INTO THE TEETH of an undersized defense. Yes, Philly is fast, I get it. But you have to hit them. Period.

The red zone interception? Just killer. Simple as that.

And the 2nd down pass when they were in range of a field goal was confusing.....made no sense really.

The whole team failed at this and Philly even tried to give the game away and the Giants made enough mistakes to give it back. Next week is a must blow out win, anything less is disappointing.

GIANTSED101
10-01-2012, 11:28 AM

Finally someone who saw what was really happening.

Dwinsballgames
10-01-2012, 11:30 AM

and with all that, we still came very close to pulling it out in the end

RoanokeFan
10-01-2012, 11:31 AM

good summation

sharick88
10-01-2012, 11:39 AM
I have a suggestion. Other than the management of the last 15 seconds of the game, why do you blame the coaches for everything else. Players play and coaches coach. The players on offense again took way too long to get going. How about 2 drives started near midfield in the first quarter and no points to show for it? How about Osi dancing around out there over pursuing and playing stupid football. How about Tuck being AWOL? Anyways, I always blame the players more than the coaches because the coaches are not the ones out there playing in the game.

yoeddy
10-01-2012, 11:41 AM
TC and Killdrive.
They got too pass happy as usual and paid the price.
Low % passing game. All or nothing 20 + pass plays.

Lets think about the mindset of those 2. Eagles D line is pretty tough on QBs bottom line. What was the game plan ? come out with a down field passing game and get eli clobbered early and set the tone. Forget about quick passing/ short passing game or use there aggression against them but we decide to go deep on them and usually at there best CB. I don't mind this strategy if you can block but early on was an indication that we couldn't block there front. Now I ask this question shouldnt you know this already that we couldnt just sit back and throw 30 yards down field. Did we actually think with this o line that we could do this against the eagles front ?. That was my 1st question. I couldn't count how many straight passes we attempted and constantly ignoring the running game and yet putting ourselves in 3 rd and longs. With all this said we could have won this game. With the game on the line the play calling was just low % passing plays all or nothing.

They handed the game to us on a Silver Platter and are probably shocked that they came out with the win.

Could have been 3-1 with the Browns at home next week. Could have really put our selves in a good position going forward.

a lot of people want to blame Webster or this guy or that guy. It all came down to play calling at the end. We were given almost mid field every possession and we couldn't establish any balance or consistency. Ignore the run and throw deep passes.

Our offense wasn't able to get anything going until Eli started airing it out...

njersey
10-01-2012, 12:13 PM
and with all that, we still came very close to pulling it out in the end

Yeah, we still had a chance at the end. If we had like 10 more yards. I really thought we were going to pull it off.

burier
10-01-2012, 12:16 PM
I bet you the eagles on the sideline were thinking they are going to loose this one. 8 out of 9 or whatever. We should have easily won this game at the end regardless of head to head wins.

No doubt about it. When Philly didn't get in the endzone I thought and they certinaly thought. GAME OVER...then a bunch of dumb **** happened.

CDN_G-FAN
10-01-2012, 12:17 PM

+1

It appears that fans think 191 yards of rushing against a Giants defense is normal and not something that needs to change.

CuseGirl
10-01-2012, 12:18 PM
+1

It appears that fans think 191 yards of rushing against a Giants defense is normal and not something that needs to change.The D-line was terrible, but for once, when will a linebacker take over the game....

G-MENBK
10-01-2012, 12:18 PM
+1

It appears that fans think 191 yards of rushing against a Giants defense is normal and not something that needs to change.

That's another problem. All in all, no matter how you want to break it down, the Eagles still put up over 400 yards on the Giants.

thomsoad
10-01-2012, 01:08 PM
+1

Its a problem but this Dline is geared more towards the pass then the run.
To get the better at the one you must sacrifice the other...Unless you manage to get a DL of JPP clones.

Nobody is to blame in my opinion...Eagles just played a little better then we did.
Im amazed how many people cant recognize 2 good teams playing very well against each other.