PDA

View Full Version : Andre Brown should be starting

Giants928
10-01-2012, 12:11 PM
Andre Brown should be starting and getting more carries. Don't get me wrong, I like Bradshaw but with his style of play, he's an injury away from ending his season. He needs to be preserved and let Brown get the majority of the carries. Brown really adds a new dynamic to the running game. Bradshaw obviously will still have a huge role, but I think our running game needs some fresh legs in there to open up the offense.

Moke
10-01-2012, 12:12 PM
I think Andre should carry more of the load next weekend to see how it works. I'm afraid Bradshaw hasn't looked that good at all lately. He's useful on the RB screens though with his incredible stiff arm.

SuperNYGiants
10-01-2012, 12:16 PM
I'm not fully sold on Brown yet, but I'd go with Brown just for one thing, he has break-away speed while Bradshaw doesn't. Bradshaw while reliable, simply does not get any big plays running the ball anymore. With Brown who can go to the yard at any given play should make the opposing defense to honor the run more which should give Eli nice passing lanes not to mention the play-action being more effective.

Giants928
10-01-2012, 12:17 PM
Yeah, I think Bradshaw is playing hurt and they are not giving us the full story with him. He runs his heart out every carry and I think he's one of the toughest back in the league. I just feel that Brown opens up the offense just a bit more,seems more flexible, better hands, has a good speed burst through the holes and gets good separation in the open field. They can develop him into a legitmate offensive threat.

TheEnigma
10-01-2012, 12:17 PM
How about a little more Wilson action as well? I'd say he earned some more snaps with his special teams performance.

Toadofsteel
10-01-2012, 12:18 PM
Bradshaw still looked hurt from last week to be honest, not at 100%. Still, Brown should definitely get more carries.

CDN_G-FAN
10-01-2012, 12:18 PM
with the carries brown had, he didn't look any better or worse than Bradshaw.

coupled with the pressure on eli, it certainly didn't look like the problem was who was carrying the ball.

Giants928
10-01-2012, 12:20 PM
I totally waiting for Wilson to make an impact, but I don't think the coaches are sold on him yet to get him in the regular rotation. I'm hoping they get him more involved because he has so much potential and he hard runner with big play ability. For now, he's making his mark on kick off returns, big time.

G-MENBK
How about a little more Wilson action as well? I'd say he earned some more snaps with his special teams performance.

Either way, I said I was willing to give Bradshaw the benefit of the doubt. Yes, I think now is the time where we see how both Brown and Wilson actually play.

Toadofsteel
I totally waiting for Wilson to make an impact, but I don't think the coaches are sold on him yet to get him in the regular rotation. I'm hoping they get him more involved because he has so much potential and he hard runner with big play ability. For now, he's making his mark on kick off returns, big time.

Today was probably his fumble test, and he passed with flying colors.

Giants928
10-01-2012, 12:22 PM
Brown hardly had any carries, so it's hard to judge. The Eagles did stifle our running game though, they played tough. I still thought Brown could have been effective running some sweeps or screens in yesterdays game.

LBB
10-01-2012, 12:23 PM
I think AB looked great on the first snap but went down hill from there. I don't think you can say better hands after that amazing catch and run AB made. Lastly, I totally agree they need to give our two speed backs DS and DW at least a couple of snaps.

sharick88
10-01-2012, 12:23 PM
I am definitely on board with this. Nothing more to say about it. I never get why coaches over think simple **** like going with the hot hand. 5 carries for a guy that absolutely killed it the last two games prior is pretty damn stupid

nycisgreat
10-01-2012, 12:25 PM
Andre Brown should be starting and getting more carries. Don't get me wrong, I like Bradshaw but with his style of play, he's an injury away from ending his season. He needs to be preserved and let Brown get the majority of the carries. Brown really adds a new dynamic to the running game. Bradshaw obviously will still have a huge role, but I think our running game needs some fresh legs in there to open up the offense.

Andre Brown wasn't effect yesterday because he didn't get enough touches. I am very surprised that they didn't feature him more. AB1 and AB2 have two different styles of running the ball.

nycisgreat
10-01-2012, 12:29 PM
The coaching staff had no problems starting AB of BJ because of production. If AB1 doesn't get it going in a couple of games, then I am in favor of starting AB2. AB1 numbers hasn't been stellar either over the past couple of years. I know the O-line sucks, but AB2 played decent two games in a row behind the same struggling o-line. Even if AB2 isn't starting, he need to get more touches. Similar to the Jacobs/Ward combo.

Giants928
10-01-2012, 12:29 PM
I still think Bradshaw will be the starter because Brown remains mostly unproven, which is fine. But they need to find a way to get Brown more involved. Our running game isnt feared anymore and it really isnt a threat to defenses. When Brown had a lot of carries it seems to cause defenses to open up, kind of respect the run more than usual.

and I never caught that they have the same initials, lol AB1 & AB2

nycisgreat
10-01-2012, 12:42 PM
I still think Bradshaw will be the starter because Brown remains mostly unproven, which is fine. But they need to find a way to get Brown more involved. Our running game isnt feared anymore and it really isnt a threat to defenses. When Brown had a lot of carries it seems to cause defenses to open up, kind of respect the run more than usual.

and I never caught that they have the same initials, lol AB1 & AB2

Come on, lets be real here. AB1 probably wouldn't have been given a shot if Ward would've stay with the Giants. AB1 was an after though when both guys were here. I view AB2 the same way now that I viewed AB1 when ward left. Give him a shot. The kid is a hard running that doesn't dance around like other backs.

Blueshine
10-01-2012, 12:43 PM
Bradshaw has broken wheels. Love him but he wont do anything special except fight his heart out. We need a big play threat in that role.

AGiantDynasty
10-01-2012, 12:49 PM
He shouldn't be starting. But he should be splitting carries more with AB then he currently is.

I love Bradshaw but his body is shot at this point.