PDA

View Full Version : When Rivers come back, it's time to move Kiwi back to DE

VBGiantsFan
10-01-2012, 12:37 PM
We need bodies there, and frankly Kiwi's pass rush will probably be exponentially better than what Tuck or Osi has been doing recently.

We need that rotation again. I'm suck of Osi and Tuck sucking wind after 2 downs. JPP is in on virtually every play getting chipped, chopped, and doubled, and yet Osi and Tuck can't do a damn thing.

Moke
10-01-2012, 12:39 PM
Yep , I so agree with this. We need rotation at the d-line now more than ever. Maybe this will weed out the problem.

repeatchamps
10-01-2012, 12:41 PM
We need bodies there, and frankly Kiwi's pass rush will probably be exponentially better than what Tuck or Osi has been doing recently.

We need that rotation again. I'm suck of Osi and Tuck sucking wind after 2 downs. JPP is in on virtually every play getting chipped, chopped, and doubled, and yet Osi and Tuck can't do a damn thing.

Osi has been non-existant and he has no excuse. However, I will give Tuck a pass thus far as I think he would be more effective with Canty in there as he would not have to play DT as much if at all. Tuck is winded because he is in the interior way too much without Canty in there.

burier
10-01-2012, 12:41 PM
AGREED! I was thinking the same thing last night. Kiwi doesn't make an impact at backer. He's only decent at that spot. Not great. Osi is better talker than he is a player at this point and Tuck is in for very long season which hopefully results in him retiring. That way he'll go down as a career Giant and all of the people who love him unconditionally will still have their fond memories to hold on to. If he keeps throwing up bricks like has has been this season and last season he's going to tarnish his legacy.

Toadofsteel
10-01-2012, 12:42 PM
Osi has been non-existant and he has no excuse. However, I will give Tuck a pass thus far as I think he would be more effective with Canty in there as he would not have to play DT as much if at all. Tuck is winded because he is in the interior way too much without Canty in there.

Also, Tuck has largely been shutting up. Osi is sounding like a freaking Jet now... all talk and no work.

CDN_G-FAN
10-01-2012, 12:43 PM
they'll use him situationally, but the guy has been taking virtually all his snaps at LBer for like 3 years now.

it's just not that simple to say 'ok, you're a defensive end again'.

tuck and osi need to git they're **** straight, that's what needs to happen.

VBGiantsFan
10-01-2012, 12:46 PM
they'll use him situationally, but the guy has been taking virtually all his snaps at LBer for like 3 years now.

it's just not that simple to say 'ok, you're a defensive end again'.

tuck and osi need to git they're **** straight, that's what needs to happen.

I disagree. Kiwi still plays DE on the Nascar package. I'm sure he remembers just fine how to play DE and play contain as well as rush the passer.

Remember, in college he was a premier DE and was drafted as such. I have a world of confidence in him.

RoanokeFan
10-01-2012, 01:02 PM

I would much rather they insert Tracey and Ojomo into the rotation

CDN_G-FAN
10-01-2012, 01:05 PM

+1

Same.

CowboysSuck
10-01-2012, 01:07 PM
Kiwi is not going back to DE. Only in the NASCAR. RF you are right, we need Ojomo to step up. And Tracy. Osi should only be in on 3rd and long.

I bet we go DL/OL early in the draft. Maybe even 1 and 2

VBGiantsFan
10-01-2012, 01:08 PM

I would be happy to see them in the rotation as well, but Kiwi has proven to be effective that that position. Ojomo and Tracey are wildcard, who if they ever see the field, will hopefully contribute.

Would be nice to see what Rivers can do playing his natural position as well.

CDN_G-FAN
10-01-2012, 01:08 PM
I disagree. Kiwi still plays DE on the Nascar package. I'm sure he remembers just fine how to play DE and play contain as well as rush the passer.

Remember, in college he was a premier DE and was drafted as such. I have a world of confidence in him.

its not just a matter of remembering, these guys train differently depending on what position they're playing.

i don't doubt Kiwi, his work ethic, his ability, his ability to play DE.

but we owe it to him as well. We can't just keep ******ing this guy's career based on our needs all the time. He's finally looking like he belongs at LBer and now we're going to put his hand back down on the ground again.

to me, tuck and osi both get money to make a difference to play DE. They should prove it this season, or like Reese often does, they'll get paid based on their level of contribution, and the offseason solution may be paying Kiwi like a DE and giving him the time to work his way back into that position.

but to make a call on Tuck and Osi this offseason, MAKE THEM STEP UP OR TAKE THE PAY CUT.

burier
10-01-2012, 01:11 PM
One thing that needs to happen is Tuck and Osi need to split time with eachother. They shouldn't be on the field at the same time. Neither of them do a damn thing against the run.

I've been hard on Tuck but I was actually starting to feel bad for him last night. He was getting worked like a Vegas street walker.

Roswell777
10-01-2012, 03:00 PM
Based on just yesterday, which is never a great idea, the Giants lack the defensive discipline and speed at LB to cope with a free wheeling offense like the Eagles have. Its a horrible match up for them unless they play contain.

It would also be nice if they made some halftime adjustments on defense or, if they did, that the players were listening.

Ive never really felt that Kiwanuka looked comfortable at LB and if moving him to DE to get Rivers on the field (when he's healthy) will help them with the outside contain that they sorely lack, then so be it. Not really concerned with messing with Kiwi's head (as was mentioned before), just want containment on the edge. The Giants looked slow last night. Slow and undisciplined.

BlueReign
10-01-2012, 03:06 PM
Tuck needs to step up. No excuses.

TrueBlue@NYC
10-01-2012, 03:10 PM
I would be happy to see them in the rotation as well, but Kiwi has proven to be effective that that position. Ojomo and Tracey are wildcard, who if they ever see the field, will hopefully contribute.

Would be nice to see what Rivers can do playing his natural position as well.

Kiwi plays SLB, Rivers is a natural WLB. In order for him to play his natural position you'd have to move Boley, our best Lber.

JSpin
10-01-2012, 03:26 PM
Should've drafted Courtney Upshaw @ 32.