PDA

View Full Version : Look for Gilbride to go pass-happy vs. Cleveland

SuperNYGiants
10-01-2012, 11:57 AM
Our crazy silver-hair Gilbride will under-estimate the Browns and try to air it out only to have Eli throw 2 INTs in the game, and make it a tougher game than it should be, I just can picture it now. Eli really deserves a better OC, Gilbride is so bad at times that it even makes Eli look dumb.

Moke
10-01-2012, 11:58 AM
Without Haden, he probably will. I want to see Wilson in more for that game. Give him carries so we can see what he can do.

Toadofsteel
10-01-2012, 12:00 PM
Well, we were *****ing at him to pass more, so we get what we wanted I guess...

CDN_G-FAN
10-01-2012, 12:00 PM
it wouldn't be a giants season unless it was all gilbrides fault, unless we win a superbowl, then for sure those seasons AREN'T gilbride's fault, just the other ones, those are TOTALLY his fault.

SuperNYGiants
10-01-2012, 12:04 PM
Gilbride is extremely lucky that Eli is the QB, if it wasn't for Eli, the NFC championship game vs 49ers has to be the worst offensive play-calling ever under such conditions to have Eli pass more than 50 times. Gilbride is living a charmed life.

Diamondring
10-01-2012, 12:05 PM
Giants are made to pass the ball fools. They just need to score no worries about clock and all that.

CuseGirl
10-01-2012, 12:09 PM
I swear, I still hate Gilbride. I know it sounds crazy, but the Super Bowl hasn't made me like Reese or Gilbride more.

SuperNYGiants
10-01-2012, 12:11 PM
Giants are made to pass the ball fools. They just need to score no worries about clock and all that.
I'm just waiting for crazy Gilbride to go 5 wideout set, I think it has a good chance of happening. Crazy old man.

SuperNYGiants
10-01-2012, 12:12 PM
I swear, I still hate Gilbride. I know it sounds crazy, but the Super Bowl hasn't made me like Reese or Gilbride more.
The offensive production for the most part in the two Super Bowls have been putrid. Eli had to do extra work in 4th quarter both times, Gilbride is living a charmed life thanks to Eli.

CDN_G-FAN
10-01-2012, 12:28 PM
Well, we were *****ing at him to pass more, so we get what we wanted I guess...

there isn't a team in the NFL that doesn't blame playcalling when the lose, its just most of them haven't won multiple superbowls with those playcallers.

sharick88
10-01-2012, 12:31 PM
it wouldn't be a giants season unless it was all gilbrides fault, unless we win a superbowl, then for sure those seasons AREN'T gilbride's fault, just the other ones, those are TOTALLY his fault.

Awesome

burier
10-01-2012, 12:37 PM
This is so stupid. I hate Gilbride as much as the next guy but Pass happy? after week 1 all I heard was "We need to use the pass to set up the run"

WE CAN'T RUN THE BALL CONSISTENTLY. David Baas sucks. Chris Snee is overrated and Locklear who???? He's an upgrade over Diehl and that aint saying much.

OUR OLINE IS GARBAGE! Therefore we have to throw the ball get over it. We lost that game last night because of a few bonehead plays on offense and Terrible Dline play throughout.

gumby74
10-01-2012, 12:39 PM
This is so stupid. I hate Gilbride as much as the next guy but Pass happy? after week 1 all I heard was "We need to use the pass to set up the run"

WE CAN'T RUN THE BALL CONSISTENTLY. David Baas sucks. Chris Snee is overrated and Locklear who???? He's an upgrade over Diehl and that aint saying much.

OUR OLINE IS GARBAGE! Therefore we have to throw the ball get over it. We lost that game last night because of a few bonehead plays on offense and Terrible Dline play throughout.

We are a pass happy team. For the last few years take the first 10 plays of each game. If i remember right, we had a pass to run ratio of 6-4 or 7-3. That and we passed on the first play of the game 80% of the time.

B-Red22
10-01-2012, 12:40 PM
Without Haden, he probably will. I want to see Wilson in more for that game. Give him carries so we can see what he can do.

I'm pretty sure Haden is going to be back this game

PBTimmons
10-01-2012, 12:44 PM
I'm pretty sure Haden is going to be back this game

Nope. 4 game suspension which started week 2. He played week 1 while it was under appeal. He's not eligible for next week.

burier
10-01-2012, 12:44 PM
We are a pass happy team. For the last few years take the first 10 plays of each game. If i remember right, we had a pass to run ratio of 6-4 or 7-3. That and we passed on the first play of the game 80% of the time.

We have progressively gone to the pass because we can't run the ball. I know for a fact that Coughlin wants to run the ball...we can't pull it off anymore.

My point is if you think we should be running the ball more you're wrong.

Diamondring
10-01-2012, 12:49 PM
The pass should have helped us win more games. You have more options with the pass while the run most of the time has one option unless you have another player who can be a good blocker and runner wich we don't have.

SuperNYGiants
10-01-2012, 12:55 PM
Gilbride got away with murder before last night due to Eli saving his butt with his 4th quarter miracle come-backs. But last night is the perfect magnification of Gilbride's flaw, it's not that he's just pass-happy, he takes unnecessary risks. Last night looks hideous because of the situation, but Gilbride calls such bonehead plays ALL THE TIME.

How many times have we seen Eli throw deep in our territory only to be picked off? Too many.
How many times have we seen Eli throw in the red zone only to be picked off? Too many.

They showed a statistic of 3rd and 4th down and short this year and Giants converted all of them for rushing. And yet the coaching staff is calling pass at the most crucial moment.

That's how our crazy silver-haired Gilbride roll and I've learned to live with it only because Eli in more often than not will save the day.

TrueBlue@NYC
10-01-2012, 01:12 PM
When you have the likes of Nicks, Cruz, Bennet and Hixon as your receivers and a top 5 QB you SHOULD be a throwing team. Balance is great and we should always strive for it, but passing is the bread and butter of this offense now.

--- Oh, and we're gonna absolutely maul the Browns next week. you can bank on that.

SuperNYGiants
10-01-2012, 01:20 PM
Again, I'm not against a passing-dominant offense, I'm against BONEHEAD pass-happy play calling. 4th down and short, and Eli is throwing deep down the field to Barden? That should never happen, at worst it should be a high-percentage short pass.