PDA

View Full Version : Osi is now the 5th best defensive player

GIANTSED101
10-01-2012, 12:54 PM
I hate to beat a dead horse here but McCoy was right, Osi is horrible and isn't even in the top 4 as far as the defensive line goes.

bigblue58
10-01-2012, 12:56 PM
Nobody on the D Line was setting the world on fire! Blackburn got closer to Vick than Osi or Tuck.......and he's a LBer!

Moke
10-01-2012, 12:56 PM
We've had one of the best d-lines in the NFL......

BigBlueOnes
10-01-2012, 12:58 PM
Osi was horrible. Tuck played unspectacular but solid. JPP was again a strong showing. Osi was just disappointing beyond words.

GIANTSED101
10-01-2012, 01:10 PM
Osi ahsn't done anything at all these first 4 games. It irratates the heck out of me when he just stands there with his kool aid smile after he had just getten worked by Vick or McCoy.

GMAN2K9
10-01-2012, 01:16 PM
Osi was absolute garbage. Probably the worst game I've ever seen from him. Time and time again his fundamentals were breaking down. It's his job as an End forcing Vick & McCoy inside so even if he cant make the play, other teammates are there.

We need to Osi & Tuck to get back into form... and while Joseph & Bernard have but good in the middle, I truly believe the absence of Canty is hurting our pass rush and clogging up the middle.

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 01:18 PM
Right now I'd rather have Tolly back.

GIANTSED101
10-01-2012, 01:30 PM
Right now I'd rather have Tolly back.

Agree. I've wathced a couple of Raiders games and he's been playing well.

giantsfan420
10-01-2012, 01:36 PM
i rewatched and i wasnt as upset with tuck. tuck was doing his job. we've gone against mobile qbs exclusively. sacks are few n far vs qbs like that. imo, osi got tired of playing gap responsibility and containment and free lanced, and it killed us. on top of that, he didnt even get a sack or a pressure iirc unless they count phillys 3rd n goal last play...in which osi still mucked up.

osi is driving me crazy. at ths point put ojomo in. he'll make the same mistakes as osi but thats bc he's young. he can learn from them hopefully. osi hasnt done anything to warrant snaps imho...

Diamondring
10-01-2012, 01:39 PM
Faster players need to be on Vick.

GIANTSED101
10-01-2012, 01:42 PM
I honestly think Osi is playing for money right now rather than the team. He looking for stats because he's looking for that last big contract by the end of the year. I'm not sure if he realizes it or not but he's hurting the team more than anything by playing stupid and selfishly.

JB456
10-01-2012, 02:05 PM
I honestly think Osi is playing for money right now rather than the team. He looking for stats because he's looking for that last big contract by the end of the year. I'm not sure if he realizes it or not but he's hurting the team more than anything by playing stupid and selfishly.

This is a double edged sword. Not only is he not getting sacks, he is being utterly abused in the run game. Osi played so bad againts the Eagles, Coughlin should consider starting Ojomo over him. Get this kid some reps since Osi isn't being resigned next year...

GIANTSED101
10-01-2012, 02:10 PM
I wonder what his stats are as of today, I honestly don't even remember him making any tackles at all.

STUGAN
10-01-2012, 02:16 PM
Our so called vaunted D-Line everyone talks about in the media has yet to show up this year. Where are the sacks and forced fumbles??? The LB's (Boley & Blackburn) are playing ok but Osi, JPP, Tuck and Kiwi have been less than average. Nascar is not working and they better fix it fast. The D played a good first half against the run then ran out of gas in the second. I don't know if its conditioning or what.

devilsadvocate
10-01-2012, 02:16 PM
According to ESPN, Osi had 4 tackles and a sack.

That said, I just have a feeling that Osi was too emotionally amped due to the war of words with McCoy. With that high emotion, he made way too many aggressive mistakes. He was looking to make the highlight reel instead of his defensive assignment. That kind of emotion gets exposed by someone like McCoy who can change directions and cut back or bounce outside so quickly. At a minimum I'd not start him due to that, if I was TC. Team defense MUST come first.

GIANTSED101
10-01-2012, 02:35 PM
Well you can't spell losing without "Osi" and right now it looks like Osi is losing the battles in the trenches.

CowboysSuck
10-01-2012, 02:47 PM
I usually dont hop on a player sucks bandwagon.

But its appropriate here. Osi is trash and is washed up. I dont care if hes good for a few strip sacks down the road, I want him gone. He is complete garbage and an embarrassment to our team. Smiling when he just got played like a fiddle. Then the camera pans to Pierre-Paul and hes got a serious war face on. Unbelievable. **** Osi. He is a scumbag.

CowboysSuck
10-01-2012, 02:49 PM
He does not represent the Giants 'team' mentality nor does he have enough weight or muscle to push anyone around. He is softer than the pillow I sleep on at night and i guarantee if the Giants cut him tomorrow, not a single team would sign his sorry ***.

sharick88
10-01-2012, 03:35 PM
Nobody on the D Line was setting the world on fire! Blackburn got closer to Vick than Osi or Tuck.......and he's a LBer!

JPP gets double and triple teamed at times. You would think that Osi or Tuck would be able to get it done against single coverage. obviously not........

mikeq6722
10-01-2012, 03:35 PM
Osi's sack was his usually garbage sack when vick had nowhere to go and just fell down to stay in bounds and keep the clock going. Osi is and has been overrated for the last 3-4 years.

sharick88
10-01-2012, 03:37 PM
Osi ahsn't done anything at all these first 4 games. It irratates the heck out of me when he just stands there with his kool aid smile after he had just getten worked by Vick or McCoy.

Osi doesn't give a ****. He has his rings and his money. You would think that he would be better knowing that this is his walk year and his chance to cash in on his last payday, regardless of where he plays next year. Obviously not.

rtr1105
10-01-2012, 03:50 PM
Osi has been terrible all season. He's looked confused very often and hasn't produced much. He's definitely much slower than he once was.

sharick88
10-01-2012, 03:52 PM
Osi has been terrible all season. He's looked confused very often and hasn't produced much. He's definitely much slower than he once was.

I just don't think that he has a high football IQ. He's always out there spinning around like a ballerina, overpursuing the QB, or jumping offsides because of a lack of patience to get to his dance moves. He should be on America's Got Talent let alone playing DE in the NFL right now.

GIANTSED101
10-01-2012, 03:53 PM
It looks like Osi is just being Osi, the next thing you know we'll start hearing about how he's hurt, got some kind of knee issue or something and that's why is play has been sub par.

joemorrisforprez
10-01-2012, 03:55 PM
Osi was horrible. Tuck played unspectacular but solid. JPP was again a strong showing. Osi was just disappointing beyond words.

Osi was clearly the weakest link on the defensive line last night. His failure to maintain containment was a major reason why the Giants lost.

joemorrisforprez
10-01-2012, 03:56 PM
This is a double edged sword. Not only is he not getting sacks, he is being utterly abused in the run game. Osi played so bad againts the Eagles, Coughlin should consider starting Ojomo over him. Get this kid some reps since Osi isn't being resigned next year...

+1

GIANTSED101
10-01-2012, 04:00 PM

I wonder why they didn't give Ojomo some reps at DT, he's big enough? The would've gave Tuck some better breathers and alowed him to play more DE.