PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from an Eagles fan

powerplay85
10-01-2012, 02:11 PM
Greetings Giant fans. I just wanted to drop in and say thank you for a great game yet agian between our teams. With that being said,
I truly love my Eagles, however, I believe that the Eagles won the game on paper but in reality should not have won. Your Giants outplyed us in every single area but one. We were a little better in the rushing department in the 4th qaurter. Though both of our teams did not play up to our potentials, the fact of the matter is that my Eagles stunk and did not deserve to win. Du eto some suspect calls we won. Ill tak eit but it does not feel as good as if we woudl have won by talent and skill. I hope that the next meeting between our teams is a better played game by both teams. Eli really hsowed me that he is has progressed into a very good QB. Best of luck in the future games and until we meet again, God bless.

Toadofsteel
10-01-2012, 02:15 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/27645782.jpg

Well, i'll take your words at face value until proven otherwise. Thanks for the props. And, no offense, but I hope we blow you out week 17. You know, as a fan of the organization... I'm sure you hope to blow us out as well.

GameTime
10-01-2012, 02:17 PM
Greetings Giant fans. I just wanted to drop in and say thank you for a great game yet agian between our teams. With that being said,
I truly love my Eagles, however, I believe that the Eagles won the game on paper but in reality should not have won. Your Giants outplyed us in every single area but one. We were a little better in the rushing department in the 4th qaurter. Though both of our teams did not play up to our potentials, the fact of the matter is that my Eagles stunk and did not deserve to win. Du eto some suspect calls we won. Ill tak eit but it does not feel as good as if we woudl have won by talent and skill. I hope that the next meeting between our teams is a better played game by both teams. Eli really hsowed me that he is has progressed into a very good QB. Best of luck in the future games and until we meet again, God bless.
200 yards rushing vs 57.......

RoanokeFan
10-01-2012, 02:18 PM

Was it that close? :mad:

Toadofsteel
10-01-2012, 02:19 PM

309 passing yards vs 247.

GameTime
10-01-2012, 02:22 PM
309 passing yards vs 247.

they out rushed the Giants by 150 yards and Giants only come up with 60 more yards passing with a pick in the endzone.
The rushing killed the Giants....on defense and offense

powerplay85
10-01-2012, 02:24 PM
Like I said if that is what is in the cards for that day so be it. As long as it is becuase we did not play our best and that your Giants were the better team, I am ok with it. I just despise winning a game due to penalty. Had that penalty not happened I have no doubt the kick would not have been short. You guys have a great team there is no doubt about that. I also understand why you may feel I am just trolling given the nature of Eagle fans. I assure you I am a realistic Eagles an and will always call it the way it is. My team played like crap until the fourth and in my opinion are lucky that Eli did not shred us. I am not your typical Eagles fan, I do not care what team a person likes as long as we can have an adult discussion and disagree without a fight becuase lets face it, were not children and should act like adults. God bless my new friend. I hope to talk football with you and all the Giant fans again at our next meeting or whenever you want to talk.

SuperNYGiants
10-01-2012, 02:26 PM
Yeah Eagles played their A game and yet only beat Giants C game by 2 points, not impressed. Vick is not going to last either. Giants are licking their chops already for the 2nd meeting.

Diamondring
10-01-2012, 02:26 PM
they out rushed the Giants by 150 yards and Giants only come up with 60 more yards passing with a pick in the endzone.
The rushing killed the Giants....on defense and offenseSo that means nothing Giants should have still won the game. If Eagles had two scores and would have just destroyed the Giants then I would agree with you. I've seen the Giants have a lot of run yards more than another team and the other team won.

Rudyy
10-01-2012, 02:27 PM
A nice Eagles fan? HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?

EnragedYouth85
10-01-2012, 02:27 PM

+1

Moke
10-01-2012, 02:29 PM
We got raped on the rushing aspect of the game. I knew the giants running game was going to be the achilles heel this year.

GameTime
10-01-2012, 02:30 PM
So that means nothing Giants should have still won the game. If Eagles had two scores and would have just destroyed the Giants then I would agree with you. I've seen the Giants have a lot of run yards more than another team and the other team won.
means somthting to me.....

powerplay85
10-01-2012, 02:32 PM

I am a realistic Eagles fan. I will say it like it is. In reality my Eagles should not have won that game for many reasons. Nice to meet you Rudyy.

CruzSoldier
10-01-2012, 02:33 PM
Well that P.O.S. Vick only had one throw over 10 yards and that was the TD pass to D. JAX the rest of the throws were 5 and 10 yard passes trying not to turn the ball over like we did on trying to throw to Bennett when he was double covered. It looked like he was trying a jump ball........

Moke
10-01-2012, 02:33 PM
I have a question. If I post on the eagles board, would I get raped and ****? Just making sure before I post there.

SuperNYGiants
10-01-2012, 02:35 PM
With that icon image, I'm sure they'll try to hit on you more than kill you.

Rusty192
10-01-2012, 02:36 PM
I have a question. If I post on the eagles board, would I get raped and ****? Just making sure before I post there.why the heck would you want to post there???

powerplay85
10-01-2012, 02:36 PM
We got raped on the rushing aspect of the game. I knew the giants running game was going to be the achilles heel this year.

That is definitely true. Your team was played very well and went to two Superbowl and won them in the past few years. The best part of those two Superbowl wins for me as an Eagles fan is that you beat the cheatriots twice. That was awesome. I can only hope to see my team win just one and you guys have the pleasure of season two recently. That is something know one can take from you guys, enjoy every minute of it.

YATittle1962
10-01-2012, 02:38 PM
clearly the better team lost

it happens

Rusty192
+1Well not every single one of them is an ******* guys. just most of them.

Moke
why the heck would you want to post there???

Because, I want a non-homer view of things some times.

TheEnigma
10-01-2012, 02:39 PM

The Eagles deserved the win with superior play on both sides of the line and taking advantage of an overeager Osi who failed to contain Vick when it mattered most. Even with the Giants playing some bad football (in part because that Eagles defense is legit), we still had a chance to make the game winning FG but failed to execute on crucial plays or call a better play. Your offense settled down and didn't turn the ball over and now has three close victories that help build character and confidence for a ball club. Thanks for being a gracious winner.

Rusty192
10-01-2012, 02:40 PM
Because, I want a non-homer view of things some times.lol Isn't that the most ironic statement of the day.

EMB for non-biased commentary LMAO

Toadofsteel
10-01-2012, 02:41 PM
That is definitely true. Your team was played very well and went to two Superbowl and won them in the past few years. The best part of those two Superbowl wins for me as an Eagles fan is that you beat the cheatriots twice. That was awesome. I can only hope to see my team win just one and you guys have the pleasure of season two recently. That is something know one can take from you guys, enjoy every minute of it.

I was with you on the nice Eagles fan thing (statistically, such a demographic has to exist), but rooting for the Giants against the Pats? Twice? I had the 49ers as my 2nd favorite team for a while in the 90s because the prevented the Cowboys 3peat with Aikman...

powerplay85
10-01-2012, 02:41 PM
why the heck would you want to post there???

I woudl suggest to stay off those boards my friend. I am sometimes ashamed to be an Eagles fan the way they act sometimes.

SuperNYGiants
10-01-2012, 02:42 PM
clearly the better team lost

it happens
Your bottom-less bias of the Giants disgust me. Show some objectivity. Eagles won the stats on both rushing and turnovers. Giants didn't play better.

Moke
10-01-2012, 02:43 PM
lol Isn't that the most ironic statement of the day.

EMB for non-biased commentary LMAO

I'd just like to see what they had to say. I have an open-mind, unlike you and a few other posters on here.

Rusty192
10-01-2012, 02:44 PM
I woudl suggest to stay off those boards my friend. I am sometimes ashamed to be an Eagles fan the way they act sometimes.yeah thats what im trying to tell Moke lol

and people think this place is bad?? ignorance is bliss I guess.

Toadofsteel
10-01-2012, 02:44 PM
You want an honest opinion Moke? Eagles boards probably lighting up like ours do after a division win.

YATittle1962
10-01-2012, 02:46 PM
Your bottom-less bias of the Giants disgust me. Show some objectivity. Eagles won the stats on both rushing and turnovers. Giants didn't play better.

the Giants are the better team.....sometimes the better team loses

especially when the coaching staff decides to throw the ball within field goal range of a game winning kick

hope you have a great day and that your disgust diminishes as the day progresses

GameTime
10-01-2012, 02:48 PM
YA is one of the most objective posters on this board...

TheEnigma
10-01-2012, 02:48 PM
You're never going to get a fair opinion about a certain team on a website with the sole purpose of talking about just that team. You're better off looking for neutral boards that are inviting to fans from each team and has a nice mix of fans from all over. The truth is always somewhere in the middle of both talking points.

Rusty192
10-01-2012, 02:50 PM
I'd just like to see what they had to say. I have an open-mind, unlike you and a few other posters on here.
I've posted on there. theres a handful of good people, amidst a crowd of degenerate idiocy. sure every board has bad apples. theirs is one of the worst.

Stating that I'm narrow-minded doesnt say much for you.

Rudyy
10-01-2012, 02:50 PM
I am a realistic Eagles fan. I will say it like it is. In reality my Eagles should not have won that game for many reasons. Nice to meet you Rudyy.Nice to meet you too. Welcome.

GameTime
10-01-2012, 02:51 PM
I've posted on there. theres a handful of good people, amidst a crowd of degenerate idiocy. sure every board has bad apples. theirs is one of the worst.

Saying that I'm narrow-minded doesnt say much for you.

hey...I resemble that remark.....:cool:

powerplay85
10-01-2012, 02:51 PM
Yeah Eagles played their A game and yet only beat Giants C game by 2 points, not impressed. Vick is not going to last either. Giants are licking their chops already for the 2nd meeting.

No my friend, that was far from the Eagles A game. They were not good at all and were lucky to win. If they do not make some serious adjustments, which from a Eagles fans perspective and the past, I doubt anything will be adjusted enough to become much better. Your team however usually is slow out of the gates and gets better down the stretch and I see that continuing this year. The next meeting between our teams will be different I hope with both our teams playing at our A levels.

Moke
10-01-2012, 02:52 PM
You're never going to get a fair opinion about a certain team on a website with the sole purpose of talking about just that team. You're better off looking for neutral boards that are inviting to fans from each team and has a nice mix of fans from all over. The truth is always somewhere in the middle of both talking points.

Where can I find one?

Moke
10-01-2012, 02:53 PM

Stating that I'm narrow-minded doesnt say much for you.

So if you've posted there, why can't I post there? Talk about hypocrisy.

Toadofsteel
10-01-2012, 02:55 PM
No my friend, that was far from the Eagles A game. They were not good at all and were lucky to win. If they do not make some serious adjustments, which from a Eagles fans perspective and the past, I doubt anything will be adjusted enough to become much better. Your team however usually is slow out of the gates and gets better down the stretch and I see that continuing this year. The next meeting between our teams will be different I hope with both our teams playing at our A levels.

I never understood how the Giants can be "slow out of the gate and better down the stretch" while simultaneously being known for "late-season collapses"...

Rusty192
10-01-2012, 02:56 PM
So if you've posted there, why can't I post there? Talk about hypocrisy.Truth is I've learned my lesson and don't post there anymore. Haven't in a long time.

No hypocrisy here.

No ones stopping you friend, just warning you is all.

GameTime
10-01-2012, 02:56 PM
I never understood how the Giants can be "slow out of the gate and better down the stretch" while simultaneously being known for "late-season collapses"...

wow....thats something to chew now isnt it....

good one.

TheEnigma
10-01-2012, 03:00 PM
Where can I find one?

Check your PM.

SuperNYGiants
10-01-2012, 03:04 PM

especially when the coaching staff decides to throw the ball within field goal range of a game winning kick

hope you have a great day and that your disgust diminishes as the day progresses
What exactly are you basing "better team" by if not stats? I'm sorry, but it's not just one bonehead play that makes me feel this way, they really didn't play better than Eagles.

SuperNYGiants
10-01-2012, 03:05 PM
YA is one of the most objective posters on this board...
That's not saying much seeing that I'm more objective than he is.

JB456
10-01-2012, 03:09 PM

Pretty classy post.

On a serious note, can we trade Osi to you for a bag cheetoes and a can of coke? We might be willing to come down from the can of coke but its a starting point.

GameTime
10-01-2012, 03:20 PM
That's not saying much seeing that I'm more objective than he is.
no....you think you are right all the time. thats not objective.

YATittle1962
10-01-2012, 03:21 PM
What exactly are you basing "better team" by if not stats? I'm sorry, but it's not just one bonehead play that makes me feel this way, they really didn't play better than Eagles.

stats of one game mean next to nothing to me

GameTime
10-01-2012, 03:22 PM
You dont think the Giants are a better and more complete team overall then the Eagles?? That has nothing to do with winning or losing yesterdays game either. Its a separate question. If you dont then thats cool. Just asking thats all.

miked1958
10-01-2012, 03:27 PM
No my friend, that was far from the Eagles A game. They were not good at all and were lucky to win. If they do not make some serious adjustments, which from a Eagles fans perspective and the past, I doubt anything will be adjusted enough to become much better. Your team however usually is slow out of the gates and gets better down the stretch and I see that continuing this year. The next meeting between our teams will be different I hope with both our teams playing at our A levels.first of all the better team won last night. vick and the eagles have been a turnover machine first 3 games. NO TURNOVERS last night equalled a win becuase we had 1 and it was HUGE. on 1st and goal if we dont throw that pick and at least get 3 its a different game. that would have forced the eagles to go for it on 4th down with 1:52 left as they would have been down by 4 insttead of 1.

As far as starting out slow. usually the giants have a fast start with lots of 6-2 and 7-1 starts. then they collapse in 2nd half of season. the 2 exceptions were 07 and 11. THey start fast last season at 6-2 but then lost 5/6 to drop to 7-7. Lucky for the giants they have some kind of knack in both SB seasons to be able to overcome injury and turmoil to be able to turn it on at the right time and win it all. thats why alot of people hate the giants cause they are not your typical dominating type SB winner that goes out and crushes everyone from start to finish.

anyway great game last night and i think we lost due to bad coaching down the stretch. you dont throw long in that situation and barden did what he had to otherwise Namandi would have had a game ending INT. Tynes has been lights out this year from 40 to 50 yards out hitting the netting while going 11 out of 11 up until that miss. there were set up for a 44 yarder prior to that bonehead play and all they really needed to do what rush it to middle of hashmarks and it would have be over. not sure what the coaches thinking was taking that deep shot. maybe they thought they would catch philly with their pants down like at the end of the 3rd quarter. who knows, but it cost them a win. good call on the PI against Barden.

of the two we got to keep the drive going.. the second one was suspect

SuperNYGiants
10-01-2012, 03:34 PM
no....you think you are right all the time. thats not objective.
I have to throw the exact words right back at you. Not to mention that you THINK you know me, and you THINK you can read other people's intentions.

CowboysSuck
10-01-2012, 03:34 PM
first of all the better team won last night. vick and the eagles have been a turnover machine first 3 games. NO TURNOVERS last night equalled a win becuase we had 1 and it was HUGE. on 1st and goal if we dont throw that pick and at least get 3 its a different game. that would have forced the eagles to go for it on 4th down with 1:52 left as they would have been down by 4 insttead of 1.

As far as starting out slow. usually the giants have a fast start with lots of 6-2 and 7-1 starts. then they collapse in 2nd half of season. the 2 exceptions were 07 and 11. THey start fast last season at 6-2 but then lost 5/6 to drop to 7-7. Lucky for the giants they have some kind of knack in both SB seasons to be able to overcome injury and turmoil to be able to turn it on at the right time and win it all. thats why alot of people hate the giants cause they are not your typical dominating type SB winner that goes out and crushes everyone from start to finish.

anyway great game last night and i think we lost due to bad coaching down the stretch. you dont throw long in that situation and barden did what he had to otherwise Namandi would have had a game ending INT. Tynes has been lights out this year from 40 to 50 yards out hitting the netting while going 11 out of 11 up until that miss. there were set up for a 44 yarder prior to that bonehead play and all they really needed to do what rush it to middle of hashmarks and it would have be over. not sure what the coaches thinking was taking that deep shot. maybe they thought they would catch philly with their pants down like at the end of the 3rd quarter. who knows, but it cost them a win. good call on the PI against Barden.

of the two we got to keep the drive going.. the second one was suspect

Agreed. 2nd and 10 with the ball at a 44 yard fieldgoal, we should no NOTHING else but a shotgun draw then clock it. Its at WORST a 44 yarder. Bonehead by Killdrive, Bonehead by Coughlin not overturning the call, and Bonehead by Eli to go though with it. A very rare coaching mistake from the Giants.

SuperNYGiants
10-01-2012, 03:36 PM
stats of one game mean next to nothing to me
But it matters in that game, not the other things you think mean more.

SuperNYGiants
10-01-2012, 03:38 PM
You dont think the Giants are a better and more complete team overall then the Eagles?? That has nothing to do with winning or losing yesterdays game either. Its a separate question. If you dont then thats cool. Just asking thats all.
I said Giants didn't play better, that's different from saying Giants are a better team. Maybe Y.A. got things mixed up.

Dwinsballgames
10-01-2012, 03:56 PM
I said Giants didn't play better, that's different from saying Giants are a better team. Maybe Y.A. got things mixed up.

Sorry, but what you did was go off on YA because he said the "better team lost" without even attempting to understand what was meant by the term "better team". It's clear to everyone that YA thinks that the Giants are a better team than the eagles. Not last night, not last tuesday, not on the fourth of July, but in general. Last night the Eagles were the better team, but not by much.

P_Simms_#11
10-01-2012, 04:05 PM
Hope this guy is sincere and not a Jekyll and Hyde like "Rodgers 12". Time will tell.

GameTime
10-01-2012, 04:06 PM
I have to throw the exact words right back at you. Not to mention that you THINK you know me, and you THINK you can read other people's intentions.
dont want to know you and people's intentions on this board are plain as day many times. YA said...the better team lost. He didnt say the Giants played better last night. He explains himself by stating just that. He thinks the Giants are a better team overall above and beyond wins and losses

SuperNYGiants
10-01-2012, 04:11 PM
Sorry, but what you did was go off on YA because he said the "better team lost" without even attempting to understand what was meant by the term "better team". It's clear to everyone that YA thinks that the Giants are a better team than the eagles. Not last night, not last tuesday, not on the fourth of July, but in general. Last night the Eagles were the better team, but not by much.
I was talking about last night's game, so I only care to talk within the context of last night's Giants team that didn't have Nicks playing. So with that in mind, the Giants didn't play better, AND Giants weren't a better team LAST NIGHT. What Y.A. thinks of his fantasy Giants is irrelevant.

SuperNYGiants
10-01-2012, 04:11 PM
dont want to know you and people's intentions on this board are plain as day many times. YA said...the better team lost. He didnt say the Giants played better last night. He explains himself by stating just that. He thinks the Giants are a better team overall above and beyond wins and losses
Then don't reply to me, get lost please. I beg of you.

GameTime
10-01-2012, 04:12 PM
Then don't reply to me, get lost please. I beg of you.
dont beg..'
it so lame.....

GameTime
10-01-2012, 04:13 PM
I was talking about last night's game, so I only care to talk within the context of last night's Giants team that didn't have Nicks playing. So with that in mind, the Giants didn't play better, AND Giants weren't a better team LAST NIGHT. What Y.A. thinks of his fantasy Giants is irrelevant.
not his fantasy Giants he just thinks they are the better team overall. What is so hard to figure out about that...
Last night the eagles played better than the Giants. we get that...

SuperNYGiants
10-01-2012, 04:17 PM
dont beg..'
it so lame.....
I'm not really begging, it's called sarcasm.

Dwinsballgames
10-01-2012, 04:17 PM

Do you have any idea how full of crap you sound?

GameTime
10-01-2012, 04:19 PM
I'm not really begging, it's called sarcasm.
well I have come to realize your humor like your football wisdom....both hard to figure out and not that good...

SuperNYGiants
10-01-2012, 04:20 PM
not his fantasy Giants he just thinks they are the better team overall. What is so hard to figure out about that...
Last night the eagles played better than the Giants. we get that...
Why are you speaking for Y.A.? Can't he not defend his own words?

Again, how does Y.A. think his fantasy stance is even relevant? How many times did the Giants lose to the Eagles the last 9 times? In what possible context does Y.A. ever thought up that Giants are better than Eagles head to head? I'd like to know.

Toadofsteel
10-01-2012, 04:20 PM
Does anyone realize that the OP stopped posting 3 pages ago and you guys are still fighting?

GameTime
10-01-2012, 04:23 PM
Does anyone realize that the OP stopped posting 3 pages ago and you guys are still fighting?
yeah....isnt it fun.....:)

SuperNYGiants
10-01-2012, 04:23 PM
well I have come to realize your humor like your football wisdom....both hard to figure out and not that good...
Hard to figure out a plain sarcasm? You must be really slow then.

SuperNYGiants
10-01-2012, 04:24 PM
Do you have any idea how full of crap you sound?
Yeah, making sense on this board is incredibly hard to find.

GameTime
10-01-2012, 04:24 PM
Why are you speaking for Y.A.? Can't he not defend his own words?

Again, how does Y.A. think his fantasy stance is even relevant? How many times did the Giants lose to the Eagles the last 9 times? In what possible context does Y.A. ever thought up that Giants are better than Eagles head to head? I'd like to know.
He doesnt need me to defend him I just like busting your balls.
The Giants are a better team and franchise then the Eagle. If you dont believe that then fine. Dont try and convince me other wise. I am not telling you to agree with me at all.

Toadofsteel
10-01-2012, 04:25 PM
yeah....isnt it fun.....:)

Makes me think that subtle troll is subtle...

GameTime
10-01-2012, 04:26 PM
Makes me think that subtle troll is subtle...

"Subtle Troll"...
that would be a great username....

YATittle1962
10-01-2012, 04:27 PM
I am flattered that my simple......very simple statement is still being discussed

no reason to defend it or explain it

those with patience and wisdom understand my intent clear as crystal

and GameTime is free to speak for me anytime he wishes :)

SuperNYGiants
10-01-2012, 04:31 PM
He doesnt need me to defend him I just like busting your balls.
The Giants are a better team and franchise then the Eagle. If you dont believe that then fine. Dont try and convince me other wise. I am not telling you to agree with me at all.
You are not doing a good job at it then because I'm busting your balls.

And what's with this franchise talk now? Do you think that helps your case? Another irrelevant aspect? Does the front office people play football now? What is this nonsense you are trying?

Eagles have owned the Giants, let's be honest. That does not translate into Giants are a better team under any context. Gotta show up to the game man.

BParcells777
10-01-2012, 04:32 PM

Very gracious of you but inaccurate

We could not run, we could not stop the run.........ergo we lost

We have a guy to replace Osi named Ojomo I expect you will see next Giants Eagles game, and our best runner Andre Brown was riding the pine but for 4 -5 plays

we have a stubborn ol HC who could no follow the simple rule of runnng the ball and spiking it........they had to throw it tot he end zone good grief

SuperNYGiants
10-01-2012, 04:33 PM
I am flattered that my simple......very simple statement is still being discussed

no reason to defend it or explain it

those with patience and wisdom understand my intent clear as crystal

and GameTime is free to speak for me anytime he wishes :)
Get real old cow, your vague generalization mean nothing anymore in here. Go enjoy senior home and stop posting homer comments like you think you are Yoda.

TheEnigma
10-01-2012, 04:34 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Rc8k_D3yYoE/Tw4IyOKMysI/AAAAAAAAAls/awgasVzJMfA/s320/Stephen-Colbert-Popcorn.gif

Rudyy
10-01-2012, 04:34 PM
I guess this is why we can't have an Off-Topic discussion forum.

GameTime
10-01-2012, 04:35 PM
You are not doing a good job at it then because I'm busting your balls.

And what's with this franchise talk now? Do you think that helps your case? Another irrelevant aspect? Does the front office people play football now? What is this nonsense you are trying?

Eagles have owned the Giants, let's be honest. That does not translate into Giants are a better team under any context. Gotta show up to the game man.
you are right you do say funny ****....
My case?? what are we in court. Ok...you want to go with wins....The Eagles have 0 SB wins Giants have 4...so there are a better team.
Cant win a Super Bowl if yuo dont' "show up to the game man"......

GameTime
10-01-2012, 04:35 PM
I guess this is why we can't have an Off-Topic discussion forum.

:D.....nice

GameTime
10-01-2012, 04:37 PM
Get real old cow, your vague generalization mean nothing anymore in here. Go enjoy senior home and stop posting homer comments like you think you are Yoda.
now you are just being a punk...
oh yeah... you are one so I guess its OK....

you keep saying funnier **** every time you post.......thanks for the laughs....:o

drbill
10-01-2012, 04:43 PM
Not sure if this was addressed but...bad calls/good calls are part of the game. It was said that the game was decided on a suspect call against the Giants. Well, the first call against the Eagles was suspect. And the call against the Giants was somewhat suspect. Bottom line, it's part of the game. It was an evenly played game and the Eagles were able to capitalize. Has nothing to do with how short/long Vick's passes were. For whatever reason the Eagles just seem to have the Giants number having won something like the last 8 out of 9. So from the original post, that was an Eagle's fan? I call BS. It was a deserved win. If Tynes hit the FG it would have been a deserved win on the Giant's part. End of story.

SuperNYGiants
10-01-2012, 04:47 PM
you are right you do say funny ****....
My case?? what are we in court. Ok...you want to go with wins....The Eagles have 0 SB wins Giants have 4...so there are a better team.
Cant win a Super Bowl if yuo dont' "show up to the game man"......
Unless the Eagles have played in those Super Bowls, it's very irrelevant in the context of head-to-head match-ups. Do you even know the concept of logic? You seem to have none of it.

So you don't want to admit that Eagles have owned Giants, fine, be in denial. It only says how small you really are.

GameTime
10-01-2012, 04:49 PM
Unless the Eagles have played in those Super Bowls, it's very irrelevant in the context of head-to-head match-ups. Do you even know the concept of logic? You seem to have none of it.

So you don't want to admit that Eagles have owned Giants, fine, be in denial. It only says how small you really are.
the eagles beating the Giants has nothing to do with which is an OVERALL better team. Soem years the Eagle are better in other years the Gianst are better. The better team doesnt always win. THIS YEAR>>>>>>I feel the Giants EVEN THOUGH THEY LOST LAST NIGHT is still a better team OVERALL then the Eagles.
If you cant figure out that logic then so be it.....

I am small and have no logic......man you just keep on coming up with gems dont you.........:eek:

drbill
10-01-2012, 04:53 PM
GameTime...agree 100% with that. Last year you guy beat up on Green Bay...they were clearly the better team. The Giants were just better on that day.

SuperNYGiants
10-01-2012, 04:56 PM
the eagles beating the Giants has nothing to do with which is an OVERALL better team. Soem years the Eagle are better in other years the Gianst are better. The better team doesnt always win. THIS YEAR>>>>>>I feel the Giants EVEN THOUGH THEY LOST LAST NIGHT is still a better team OVERALL then the Eagles.
If you cant figure out that logic then so be it.....

I am small and have no logic......man you just keep on coming up with gems dont you.........:eek:
The problem both Y.A. and you have is that you state something without explanation. You keep saying Giants are a better team WITHOUT any PROOF.
You know what I call that? HOMER SPEAK.

Eagles have the record to prove it, Giants don't, you dismiss the record but then record is what counts so you have to face the music in some way.

Now explain to me how are the Giants a better team OVERALL than the Eagles, no don't use stats because they won't help you, use your imagination.

GameTime
10-01-2012, 04:56 PM
GameTime...agree 100% with that. Last year you guy beat up on Green Bay...they were clearly the better team. The Giants were just better on that day.
thank you ....I appreciate that
as far as my other posts on this thread I was being a annoying just to have some fun. Sometimes I just cant help myself....:)

GameTime
10-01-2012, 04:59 PM
The problem both Y.A. and you have is that you state something without explanation. You keep saying Giants are a better team WITHOUT any PROOF.
You know what I call that? HOMER SPEAK.

Eagles have the record to prove it, Giants don't, you dismiss the record but then record is what counts so you have to face the music in some way.

Now explain to me how are the Giants a better team OVERALL than the Eagles, no don't use stats because they won't help you, use your imagination.
no proof........so I cant use super bowl wins but you can use wins the eagle have over the Giants. Thats not the whole picture skippy.
If you want to believe the Eagles are a better team thats cool . I dont really care. I have my veiw point and you have yours....
BTW......the last time I checked wins are stats...so what your point of not using stats??....
have fun with yourself.......

SuperNYGiants
10-01-2012, 05:05 PM
I don't know about being clearly better head to head, Giants played Packers down to the last second field goal in the first meeting. The only edge I felt Green Bay had at the time was home field advantage.

Totally different from Eagles situation. Did Eagles just outplay only when playing against Giants? That's a tough sell.

drbill
10-01-2012, 05:09 PM
I don't know about being clearly better head to head, Giants played Packers down to the last second field goal in the first meeting. The only edge I felt Green Bay had at the time was home field advantage.

Totally different from Eagles situation. Did Eagles just outplay only when playing against Giants? That's a tough sell.

Just talking about the teams in general, not necessarily head to head. Green Bay was the class of the league last year. They has what, 1-2 losses, all year. Pretty much beat up every team. The Giants playoffs were literally not decided until the last few weeks. Green Bay had their division, home field locked up early. But it just proves my point. Green Bay was clearly the better team, however, GMen seem to have their number. As in the Eagles...they have won the last 8 of 9 games played against them But I would concede that the Giants were the better team. Just the Eagles seem to have their number.

SuperNYGiants
10-01-2012, 05:12 PM
no proof........so I cant use super bowl wins but you can use wins the eagle have over the Giants. Thats not the whole picture skippy.
If you want to believe the Eagles are a better team thats cool . I dont really care. I have my veiw point and you have yours....
BTW......the last time I checked wins are stats...so what your point of not using stats??....
have fun with yourself.......
I'd like to think I can refer to the games vs. Eagles since, well, I'm talking about games against Eagles, duh.
Again, you are trying to divert things, this is not about the whole picture.
You can use stats if you want to, I'm just saying they won't help your case, starting with win-lose record the past 9 games.

It's all yours, use your imagination, at least try to explain your bs case out of decency.

SuperNYGiants
10-01-2012, 05:15 PM
Just talking about the teams in general, not necessarily head to head. Green Bay was the class of the league last year. They has what, 1-2 losses, all year. Pretty much beat up every team. The Giants playoffs were literally not decided until the last few weeks. Green Bay had their division, home field locked up early. But it just proves my point. Green Bay was clearly the better team, however, GMen seem to have their number. As in the Eagles...they have won the last 8 of 9 games played against them But I would concede that the Giants were the better team. Just the Eagles seem to have their number.
That's a stretch. first of all, you are talking about Green Bay's record against all the teams they played, Giants are 1-8 against EAGLES alone. Not the same thing, but nice try.

BTW, Giants are like 2-2 against Green Bay the last 4 meetings. I don't think neither has the other's number, Giants just win games that matter more.

drbill
10-01-2012, 05:28 PM
That's a stretch. first of all, you are talking about Green Bay's record against all the teams they played, Giants are 1-8 against EAGLES alone. Not the same thing, but nice try.

BTW, Giants are like 2-2 against Green Bay the last 4 meetings. I don't think neither has the other's number, Giants just win games that matter more.

No. Talking about how good the teams are. Using Green Bay as an example in this because they were the best team last year. Green Bay in all reality should have won the Super Bowl They were the best team throughout the season and earned the #1 ranking. However, on the day they played the Giants out played them...so its an example of the better team not winning. Just making a point that I thought Giant fans would appreciate and pretty much say anyway...the Eagles won last night...they have won the last 8 of 9 games played. Does that make the Eagles the better team? They were the better team lat night. Just like last year Green Bay was the better team...except on the day they played.

BuffyBlueII
10-01-2012, 05:45 PM
I have a question. If I post on the eagles board, would I get raped and ****? Just making sure before I post there.

The Philadelphia Eagles board is a great board. They like to talk smack especially in rant and rave.

BuffyBlueII
10-01-2012, 05:49 PM

Are we now taking cues from Clay Matthews?

Philadelphia Eagles won yesterday because they were the better team yesterday. They outplayed us and beat us fair and square.

SuperNYGiants
10-01-2012, 05:50 PM
No. Talking about how good the teams are. Using Green Bay as an example in this because they were the best team last year. Green Bay in all reality should have won the Super Bowl They were the best team throughout the season and earned the #1 ranking. However, on the day they played the Giants out played them...so its an example of the better team not winning. Just making a point that I thought Giant fans would appreciate and pretty much say anyway...the Eagles won last night...they have won the last 8 of 9 games played. Does that make the Eagles the better team? They were the better team lat night. Just like last year Green Bay was the better team...except on the day they played.
I get what you are trying to say but, 15-1 Green Bay is not comparable to 9-7 Giants as they were anything but dominant, and Eagles were 8-8 to boot, you may say GB was a better team than Giants overall, however I don't think the same applies between Giants and Eagles, especially considering the head-to-head match-ups being overwhelmingly in favor of Eagles. Giants winning it all may make them look better, but in reality it doesn't help the case for head-to-head match-ups.

Yeah Eli should own Vick like he's a puppy dog and torch the sad Eagles secondary for 3 TDs every single outing but it's not happening. The reality then is Eagles are not that bad, and Giants are not that superior.

nycisgreat
10-01-2012, 05:54 PM

Please, the Eagles won the game. Plain and simple. The only good thing that I came out of last night was David Wilson's return ability. I know he gave Eagles fans the same feeling that Desean Jackson give other team's fans on several return plays. Our defense was horrible last night. Our pass rush was weak. We barely touched vick last night.

BuffyBlueII
10-01-2012, 06:05 PM
The entire humour this week was how so many folks were yapping about blowing Philly out and how they suck, etc.....etc....... Some folks were using all the turnovers this season as proff and how many times Mike Vick has been hit as an indicator that they are not good. Doggone it, I looked at the fact that since they had all the turnovers and hits on their QB and have a winning record that they must be a good team as well as have character. They are winning the close ones.

I really don’t understand how so many of us NY Giants fans would underestimate Mike Vick and Philadelphia Eagles. Heck, I don’t understand how NY Giants continue to underestimate Philadelphia Eagles.

I was listening to WFAN last night when I was driving back to VA and one of the things Jeff and Amanda spoke about was how NY Giants coaches were counting on Philadelphia Eagles turnover to occur at some point in the game. I really think that menatality is ridiculous. You should count on Philadelphia Eagles to play as well as they are able and to prep NY Giants for that and to put out our A game.

We had a hard time yesterday with a Philadelphia Eagles team that has a chip on its shoulder and is already 3-1 after having a lot of adversity in the early part of the season. Hopefully we can pull it together and win some games.

I bELIeve.

SuperNYGiants
10-01-2012, 06:10 PM
I really thought Eli has come far enough that the difference would be Eli's arm, little did I know that it would be indeed Eli's arm, but for the worst.

regal
10-01-2012, 06:19 PM
THAT'S 8 OUT of 9 GIANTS FANS. Woooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

SuperNYGiants
10-01-2012, 06:24 PM
Enjoy it, Giants give Eagles a charity game every season just so Eagles fans won't go crazy for the ultimate letdown at the end of the season.

FIFTY6G-MAN
10-01-2012, 06:34 PM
THAT'S 8 OUT of 9 GIANTS FANS. Woooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!where were you prior to the game? You must be one of those driveby trolls. WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

1. (http://drive-by-troll.urbanup.com/5034821)
drive-by troll
6 thumbs up (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=drive-by troll#)[/URL][URL="http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=drive-by troll#"] (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=drive-by troll#)

A troll who logs onto a blog, posts a couple of zingers and then exits, all in less than 60 seconds. The digital equivalent of a drive-by shooting (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=drive-by shooting).
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQcUBpFFNw4U5SVN6PSBh4kqXV4S1mBI 7rBePFM_IZNPMg4Wvtg

Irish42
10-01-2012, 06:35 PM
An eagles fan I can respect. It was a tough loss, but hopefully the giants can bounce back. Good luck to your team as well, and looking forward to seeing the rematch.

YATittle1962
10-01-2012, 09:40 PM

the truth hurt grasshopper ...... I know

jomo
10-01-2012, 09:43 PM

Speak to me Yoda................lol

SuperNYGiants
10-01-2012, 09:48 PM
Why would the truth hurt because I want the Giants to win. The fact is there's nothing true about your fantasy opinion.

FIFTY6G-MAN
10-01-2012, 09:52 PM
Its a battle royal in here.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTN23FdThoLpQqPiDeWPeIgWYoHmUZj7 SUyituC9N-3_TNCSovOVShttps://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRt-VU982tSKt4K3W5nO6vohER7cz3DDRFVqkBCHScOYBV5oM8yCQ

YATittle1962
10-01-2012, 09:58 PM
Its a battle royal in here.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTN23FdThoLpQqPiDeWPeIgWYoHmUZj7 SUyituC9N-3_TNCSovOVShttps://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRt-VU982tSKt4K3W5nO6vohER7cz3DDRFVqkBCHScOYBV5oM8yCQ

you nailed it

grasshopper will soon learn

FIFTY6G-MAN
10-01-2012, 10:01 PM
you nailed it

grasshopper will soon learnNot sure why hes acting like you ate his lunch. He must have had a bad hangover with nobody to blame.

SuperNYGiants
10-01-2012, 10:05 PM
you nailed it

grasshopper will soon learn
There's nothing to learn, you can't handle the truth homer.

There's no spoon. Eagles kicked our butts. End of story.

syrup
10-01-2012, 10:26 PM
The Eagles beat us fair and square-no quarter asked or give for free. Time to move on to Cleveland now.

YATittle1962
10-01-2012, 10:28 PM
There's nothing to learn, you can't handle the truth homer.

There's no spoon. Eagles kicked our butts. End of story.

funny thing is I never said one thing about them kicking our tails or not

I hope your mood gets better

until then lets keep the selective reading and putting words in peoples mouths to a minimum

it will be ok grasshopper ....I promise

BParcells777
10-01-2012, 10:33 PM
Like I said if that is what is in the cards for that day so be it. As long as it is becuase we did not play our best and that your Giants were the better team, I am ok with it. I just despise winning a game due to penalty. Had that penalty not happened I have no doubt the kick would not have been short. You guys have a great team there is no doubt about that. I also understand why you may feel I am just trolling given the nature of Eagle fans. I assure you I am a realistic Eagles an and will always call it the way it is. My team played like crap until the fourth and in my opinion are lucky that Eli did not shred us. I am not your typical Eagles fan, I do not care what team a person likes as long as we can have an adult discussion and disagree without a fight becuase lets face it, were not children and should act like adults. God bless my new friend. I hope to talk football with you and all the Giant fans again at our next meeting or whenever you want to talk.

you are a smart man.....by rights despite our putrid run game both ways we still should have beaten your Eagles......but it was not to be
well see you again down the road

BParcells777
10-01-2012, 10:34 PM

until then lets keep the selective reading and putting words in peoples mouths to a minimum

go gettem YA.........after a combined 100 years of watching the Giants someone should respect their elders (us) LOL

SuperNYGiants
10-01-2012, 10:38 PM

So you are trying to have it both ways? Is that your end-game? Oh wow, how profound!! Not.

BParcells777
10-01-2012, 10:56 PM
So you are trying to have it both ways? Is that your end-game? Oh wow, how profound!! Not.

How old are you Super.........YA and I have been Giants fans since the early 60's.......we've seen it all
and believe me our tails are intact for ACT 2 in the Meadowlands......they won because a kick fell 6 ft short ........hardly a tail kicking

miked1958
10-01-2012, 11:24 PM
THAT'S 8 OUT of 9 GIANTS FANS. Woooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!How many SB Titles has those 8 of 9 won you?

BParcells777
10-01-2012, 11:29 PM
Thank you for beating us 8 of 9 times

It has inspired us to win 2 Super Bowls and be in 5 SBs in 25 years..........the most in the NFL

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, you guys are a Godsend.........now send Michael Vick up to E Rutherford with his ring shine kit........and the 4 Lombardi's could use a good rub down too

Seeing even one Lombardi might inspire Mike to try harder....he looked like Mark Sanchez last night