PDA

View Full Version : Beatty is not the answer at LT

WinterIsComing
10-01-2012, 01:57 PM
Beatty might have a future at RT, but I just don't see it at LT. Way too much pressure from his side (not that Locklear played THAT much better). If there is a big name free agent LT in free agency this upcoming year, I think the time would be now to make a move.

GameTime
10-01-2012, 01:59 PM
Beatty might have a future at RT, but I just don't see it at LT. Way too much pressure from his side (not that Locklear played THAT much better). If there is a big name free agent LT in free agency this upcoming year, I think the time would be now to make a move.
explain where they get the $$ from for that. They are strapped to begin with. I have no idea of how cap stuff works but I can say they wont have the $$ for a big name LT. Thats one of the top three salaries on most teams.

repeatchamps
10-01-2012, 02:01 PM
explain where they get the $$ from for that. They are strapped to begin with. I have no idea of how cap stuff works but I can say they wont have the $$ for a big name LT. Thats one of the top three salaries on most teams.

That and if there is a lights out LT still around these days, I'd love to know what league he plays for because there isn't one in the NFL anymore. There are no Orlando Pace's or Walter Jones' anymore. Those days are long over.

GMENAGAIN
10-01-2012, 02:05 PM

Have no idea what you are talkng about. Beatty played great last week and played pretty well last night against one of the best pass rushers in the league.

TheEnigma
10-01-2012, 02:09 PM
There's no big name LTs entering FA next year and as stated before, we don't have the cap space to make such an aggressive move. You could say we need to draft another LT but the future of the interior looks more suspect with Boothe just being ok, Baas playing like crap, and Snee getting older. If we can reestablish a running game up the middle, you'll focus less on the play of our tackles that we are so dependent on for runs around the edges and for the deep passing game.

ReiRiza
10-01-2012, 02:26 PM
What did Beatty do wrong?

Zaggs
10-01-2012, 02:28 PM
What did Beatty do wrong?

If I remember right from last year, Beatty (along with every other tackle they have) doesn't handle speed rushers well. Course last year I thought Diehl was worse.

PRGiant
10-01-2012, 02:39 PM
Beatty played good last night...

GMENAGAIN
10-01-2012, 02:56 PM
If I remember right from last year, Beatty (along with every other tackle they have) doesn't handle speed rushers well. Course last year I thought Diehl was worse.

Last year??? Who gives a **** what he did last year when he missed most of the season anyway and he is playing well this year. Man, the loons are out in full force today.

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 02:57 PM
I thought he played good last night. The Eagles have a better pass rush than the Giants and they didn't have a sack.

joemorrisforprez
10-01-2012, 02:59 PM
Beatty wasn't the problem. The problem was not running Andre Brown up the gut of a wide nine defense.

NYG4lifeNYK
10-01-2012, 03:30 PM
Beatty wasn't the problem. The problem was not running Andre Brown up the gut of a wide nine defense.

Ding ding ding.

Robert21156
10-01-2012, 03:47 PM
I thought he played good last night. The Eagles have a better pass rush than the Giants and they didn't have a sack.
Yeah, we didn't give up a sack because Eli throws the ball away when heavily pressured. He had to throw several away last night and didn't have great protection all night.

G.I. Ants
10-01-2012, 03:57 PM
OP has no idea what they were blabbering about, Beaty basically dominated All-Pro Trent Cole. His only blunder was that holding penalty which cost Black Unicorn that amazing play.

Sanntee31
10-01-2012, 03:58 PM

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BlueSanta
10-01-2012, 04:01 PM
Seriously? that is what you came away from the game with? That Will Beatty is the problem.....

moosedrool
10-01-2012, 04:11 PM
Beatty and Locklear played good last night. No sacks for Cole and Babin is a pretty good accomplishment. Boothe on the other hand did not play well.

baywest
10-01-2012, 09:19 PM
Beatty play good last night. I looked at all his plays.He had his man on the ground the entire night. Look at the sack Eli got when Will was out last year. Boy do people forget. Three games now Eli not sack once on Beatty's side. I don't think you seen all the sacks being given up all over the NFL. The grass is not greener on the other side.

drewz
10-01-2012, 09:55 PM
Eli did an excellent job of throwing the ball away, but I think Beatty and Locklear held their own as the game went on

BParcells777
10-01-2012, 09:57 PM
Beatty is not the issue

Baas is a horrible center

dave56dj
10-01-2012, 09:59 PM
Actually the tackles held up ok - pff rated then out quite well. And even if you don't believe in that Eli stayed clean. Yes there was pressure but babin and cole are two of the best in the league. I think Beatty and Locklear did a nice job. Now boothe was a whole different story. Not only did he struggle with pressure he missed at least 3 assignments on blitzes - just a rough game for kevin.

SackingMyths
10-01-2012, 10:01 PM
Baas is a horrible center

I read that Baas was playing with a swollen hand, hence the crappy snaps.

But that doesn't matter--he still sucks something awful and is nowhere near worth is salary.

BParcells777
10-01-2012, 10:10 PM
we are much better with Boothe at Center.......he moves the pile

dave56dj
10-01-2012, 10:13 PM
That may be true bparcells but last night boothe was atrocious. He missed a ton of assignments and got pushed back often. Baas indeed had his hand blow up which led to the bad snaps. Still he has been very inconsistent since taking over for O'hara.

moosedrool
10-01-2012, 10:21 PM
we are much better with Boothe at Center.......he moves the pile

The only thing Boothe moved last night was his big *** backwards. He was awful.

dave56dj
10-01-2012, 10:35 PM
Boothe was atrocious - that said he has had better days and that eagle front is very very good. Many mistakes were mental - that can be cleaned up.

nycisgreat
10-01-2012, 10:37 PM

Mitch Petrius Please!

BParcells777
10-01-2012, 10:38 PM
When Boothe and Petrus were in there 2 yrs ago and Ohare out we were averaging about 9 yds a carry

I said Boothe was a good CENTER not Guard

BParcells777
10-01-2012, 10:40 PM
Oh well I'm under siege here but so are the hapless Cowgirls :O)

nycisgreat
10-01-2012, 10:40 PM
Boothe was atrocious - that said he has had better days and that eagle front is very very good. Many mistakes were mental - that can be cleaned up.

Boothe is a big body. The guy needs to play center and place Mitch Petrius at LT. We did last year and we were able to pass protect and get a decent run game going. Crazy Mitch Petrius deserves a shot. Beatty isn't doing anything worth talking about on the oline.

drewz
10-01-2012, 10:45 PM
The only thing Boothe moved last night was his big *** backwards. He was awful.

lol

dave56dj
10-01-2012, 10:45 PM
Petrus was deplorable in pre season - therefore he was cut and only brought back due to injury. He has never played LT and never will. Beatty has done a nice job 2 weeks in a row - and looks like he could easily be out LT of the future.

BParcells777
10-01-2012, 10:47 PM
and Baas was wonderful???? Boy some of you guys are myopic.........move Boothe to Center and Baas to Oakland

dave56dj
10-01-2012, 10:49 PM
No baas was not great at all bparcells - just saying petrus at LT is hilarious but that was not in response to you. Although he struggles mightily at guard too (petrus that is). So boothe at center may help - but not sure who plays guard. Best option there may be diehl, but it just ain't happenin.

BParcells777
10-01-2012, 10:55 PM
No baas was not great at all bparcells - just saying petrus at LT is hilarious but that was not in response to you. Although he struggles mightily at guard too (petrus that is). So boothe at center may help - but not sure who plays guard. Best option there may be diehl, but it just ain't happenin.

Maybe Baas would be better at guard......he has incredible snapping issues.........would free his mind to just block

Boothe is so good at Center because he is HUGE........very stable snapping platform

dave56dj
10-01-2012, 11:00 PM
Remember boothe had his own issues snapping when he took over. Baas has been ok as a snapper until the hand got swollen. That said he has not been consistent as a blocker at all. I just don't see the giants switching the two - but maybe not a bad idea.

Captain Chaos
10-02-2012, 05:19 AM
From most accounts Beatty did well last night, I'm not sure that he is the issue on the line. Would love to see Brewer come along, he is a big guy that could do us well on the right side, just needs some more time to put things together!

giantsfam04
10-02-2012, 05:34 AM
This happens after every loss, people focus on a target for the loss, I sorry Beaty wasn't the one that lost contain on countless runs around the edge. If we get a stop on d after we score the td that gave us the 17-16 lead, we walk out with a win. He didn't throw a pick in the red zone that was at minimum a 6 point swing. Beaty and Locklear played well, yes Eli got pressured but that is part of the game, its not like he was picking himself up off the ground all night like he did against san fran last year.

tonyt830
10-02-2012, 06:51 AM
I think Beatty is still shaking a little rust off since he missed a lot of time last year and in this preseason. I do think he and Locklear did a pretty good job vs 2 solid pass rushers in Cole and Babin. I think as the season goes on, our O-line will improve as they continue to gel. I would like to see more push from our interior o-linemen.

TheEnigma
10-02-2012, 08:28 AM
Boothe is a big body. The guy needs to play center and place Mitch Petrius at LT. We did last year and we were able to pass protect and get a decent run game going. Crazy Mitch Petrius deserves a shot. Beatty isn't doing anything worth talking about on the oline.

Mitch Petrus played LG and the dude can't pass protect worth a crap even in the interior. Speed rushers would eat him alive on the outside. Beatty has graded very well the last two weeks and has been the best LT we've had since Shaun Andrews.

JayDB
10-02-2012, 10:53 AM
According to ProFootballFocus, Beatty graded out at +2.0 against the Eagles, including +3.4 pass blocking. That is a fantastic grade based on the talent he was facing.

JayDB
10-02-2012, 10:55 AM
BTW, the same source has Beatty at +7.8 for the season! That is a pro-bowl number. And that's with his stupid penalties dropping him -1.5

Buddy333
10-02-2012, 10:56 AM
Honestly I don't know what this thread is about about. He played a very good game against a very good pass rush.

ReiRiza
10-02-2012, 10:57 AM

haha good one bro! If I remember right, Eli 5 years ago was pretty bad too.

TheEnigma
10-02-2012, 10:59 AM
It's pretty clear that Beatty is the best offensive lineman on the team. Now if we could add some other young, promising pieces to our Oline and Wilson can develop some more...

burier
10-02-2012, 11:06 AM

Not that agree about our LT situation. But if we'd dump some of the deadwood we'd have some cap relief.

GameTime
10-02-2012, 11:08 AM
Not that agree about our LT situation. But if we'd dump some of the deadwood we'd have some cap relief.
Yeah....thats what I meant about me not knowing the cap stuff. I know dumping players counts against the cap in one form or fashion.
But as you say....I like Beaty so far anyway buit they do need some depth there and at RT as well.

burier
10-02-2012, 11:51 AM
Yeah....thats what I meant about me not knowing the cap stuff. I know dumping players counts against the cap in one form or fashion.
But as you say....I like Beaty so far anyway buit they do need some depth there and at RT as well.

Beatty made a bad play sunday and now people think he sucks or something as if he isn't head and shoulders better than David Diehl. If I was gonna drop a boat load of money on a Olineman I'd address the RT situation.

Boogie12
10-02-2012, 12:05 PM
Petrus is a guard not a Tackle.

GMENAGAIN
10-02-2012, 12:08 PM

C'mon man. You make a post like this and you don't even know that Petrus is a guard, was cut at the end of training camp and barely made his way back on the roster????

giantsfan420
10-02-2012, 12:09 PM
beatty is a solid LT with a high ceiling. hes been very good since returning. it isnt a coincidence that when he returned, the run game picked up and we could pass protect.

my only concern is that bc solid LT's arent growing on trees, and that Beatty looks to be having a solid year, and that bc he is young, when he hits FA he could get huge dollars from another team....