PDA

View Full Version : This team will not make the playoffs with Bradshaw as the starter

joemorrisforprez
10-01-2012, 03:10 PM
0-2 with Bradshaw
2-0 with Brown

Last night.....39 yards rushing.

Enough already.

sharick88
10-01-2012, 03:30 PM
I agree. Brown should be getting the most reps.

NYG4lifeNYK
10-01-2012, 03:33 PM
I don't know about the topic statement but Brown should be starting Bradshaw does not fit as a starter anymore.

He is slow and not powerful enough.

Brown hit's the hole hard and fast... with POWER and he keeps his feet going almost always falling forward for 2-3 yards whereas Bradshaw would have no gain or a loss.

We win the game if Brown got more reps yesterday. Let's be serious.

giantsfan420
10-01-2012, 03:36 PM
yeah bradshaw just refuses to press the holes, which is odd bc he tries to be a cutback type runner. notice how mccoy was setting his cutbacks up by pressing the line...bradshaw just gets quick feet with no purpose and lets the d gain ground. there was a couple of runs where snee pulled and there was a great alley for him, but by the time he got to the edge, he gained like 3 yds. Brown or even Wilson turns that into a 10 yd run or more easily imho. he just is not attacking the LOS.
he was at his best when he played angry and attacked the LOS hole or no hole. altho on the few runs (GREAT BALANCE pfff) Brown did get, he was patient and it led to 5 yds...i dunno or care who "starts" but if we want a run game, we'd damn well better run Brown a ton more than we did last night. i'd argue we should switch the roles from last night moving forward w brown getting the majority and bradshaw 5-10 carries. i mean be honest, bradshaw gave us 5 to MAYBE 10 quality runs last night IF that...i didnt see a big disparity between the OL from last night and Thurs. night

SuperNYGiants
10-01-2012, 03:37 PM
As much as I like to see Brown be the starter, you people are WAY OVER-RATING Brown.

sharick88
10-01-2012, 03:43 PM
As much as I like to see Brown be the starter, you people are WAY OVER-RATING Brown.

I think people are going off of what they saw from him in those games against Tampa and Carolina. He was the hot hand. Why not roll with him primarily until he stinks up the joint? Not saying that he is Adrian Peterson or anything like that, but he might actually be the best we currently have to offer at the position as of right now. I don't care how much money you're making, if you aren't producing, you should be riding pine.

TheEnigma
10-01-2012, 03:45 PM
Brown does need more carries but the real deal I'd say would be us missing the playoffs if Philips misses any significant amount of time. We can't afford to lose our best defensive back.

rtr1105
10-01-2012, 03:49 PM
Brown is good north and south HB with good field vision. He's kind of like Jacobs except he's more agile and isn't as powerful. Right now, I'd rather have him and Bradshaw split the carries 50/50, until we could determine a true starter. But about you saying that we won't make the playoffs with Bradshaw as the starter, we ranked 32nd in rushing yards last year and won the Super Bowl.

TheBookOfEli
10-01-2012, 04:01 PM
I'm getting tired of seeing Bradshaw dancing in the holes. For every cutback that he makes, the defender has time to change gears and get him.

SuperNYGiants
10-01-2012, 04:22 PM
What does it matter that Bradshaw cuts back? He doesn't have break-away speed to outrun the defense anyway. Bradshaw is effective at what he does, people are now taking him for granted and that's not right.

JB456
10-01-2012, 04:29 PM
What does it matter that Bradshaw cuts back? He doesn't have break-away speed to outrun the defense anyway. Bradshaw is effective at what he does, people are now taking him for granted and that's not right.

I agree to a point but he definately should be getting less touches than he currently getting. Shouldn't the young bucks be getting more touches if your primary back is putting up 30 yard games? Its time to see what the Rooks can do and develope them when your running game is complete trash.

Edit - Brown is actually running the plays the way they are designed and following his blocks while it looks like Bradshaw is dancing more.

joemorrisforprez
10-01-2012, 04:32 PM
Wilson looked phenomenal last night.....it was like watching a cruise missile being launched from the end zone.

Brown was completely neglected last night.

Bradshaw received the overwhelming majority of snaps, and played exactly as I expected him to play....which is exactly like how he played in the two other games he started, which the Giants lost......which is exactly how he played in 2011, when the Giants were at the bottom of the league in rushing.

Honestly, how much more do we need to see before they mix it up? I guess the offensive line goes from awesome to crappy when Bradshaw plays....that's the only rational explanation I have at this point.

cease
10-01-2012, 04:38 PM
U R 100% RITE GOT LOVE 4 BRADSHAW BUT BROWN IS WHAT WE NEED SOMETHING KNEW

CDN_G-FAN
10-01-2012, 04:41 PM

+1

feel the same way. i don't have any mad love for Bradshaw, but most of the time if bradshaw didn't get yards its because he was hit in the backfield.

same thing as week 1. fact of the matter was that the bucs and Panthers D isn't nearly as good as the Cowboys and Eagles D.

Now, if we face a strong defense and there's a noticable difference in those carries? I might end up agreeing.

but right now it seems like an apples/oranges comparison.

joemorrisforprez
10-01-2012, 06:07 PM
I think people are going off of what they saw from him in those games against Tampa and Carolina. He was the hot hand. Why not roll with him primarily until he stinks up the joint? Not saying that he is Adrian Peterson or anything like that, but he might actually be the best we currently have to offer at the position as of right now. I don't care how much money you're making, if you aren't producing, you should be riding pine.

Agreed 100%.

Granted we are talking 2 good games from Brown...... v. many mediocre efforts from Bradshaw.

Captain Chaos
10-01-2012, 08:47 PM
It is still all about our O line

BParcells777
10-01-2012, 08:50 PM
poor brown had every appearance/run telegraphed last night.......its like the torture they are putting Tebow through

Goliath himself could not move the rock when they know your coming

SuperNYGiants
10-01-2012, 08:51 PM
Enough with the Brown love, as long as Gilbride is calling plays, the running game is always going to be window dressing. Eli is the show.

BurnerNYG
10-01-2012, 10:14 PM
It is still all about our O lineKeep telling yourself that. The fact remains that the Giants are 0-2 with Bradshaw getting majority of the snaps. How many times did Eli get sacked last night by that highly rated Eagles front? The O-line is fine.

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 10:19 PM
Bradshaw ran hard last night. He is fine as the starter and a very good blocker. Brown didn't do any better when given a chance last night.

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 10:20 PM
Keep telling yourself that. The fact remains that the Giants are 0-2 with Bradshaw getting majority of the snaps. How many times did Eli get sacked last night by that highly rated Eagles front? The O-line is fine.Bradshaw had something to do with Eli not getting sacked.

BurnerNYG
10-01-2012, 10:22 PM
Bradshaw ran hard last night. He is fine as the starter and a very good blocker. Brown didn't do any better when given a chance last night.That's because they knew he was gonna run... mind as well had a sign on his shirt saying "tackle me".

BurnerNYG
10-01-2012, 10:24 PM
Bradshaw had something to do with Eli not getting sacked.How many times did Eli get sacked in that 2nd half of the Tampa and Carolina game?

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 10:26 PM
Brown blew a blocking assignment last week against the Panthers. Bradshaw is one of the best blocking RB's in the league. He was very good last night as well.

BurnerNYG
10-01-2012, 10:32 PM
Brown blew a blocking assignment last week against the Panthers. Bradshaw is one of the best blocking RB's in the league. He was very good last night as well.Big deal, we lost and Bradshaw only had 39 yards. Great game!

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 10:34 PM
Big deal? Lol. Yeah so if he doesn't make some great blocks Eli gets hit. Yeah, it is a big deal keeping the QB off the ground.

BurnerNYG
10-01-2012, 10:40 PM
Big deal? Lol. Yeah so if he doesn't make some great blocks Eli gets hit. Yeah, it is a big deal keeping the QB off the ground.He's a QB in the National Football League, they get paid millions to get hit. Eli can feel the pressure and has good pocket awareness. It won't be a huge dropoff in protection if Brown plays. You gotta play to get better.

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 10:45 PM
Right. So because he gets paid millions they should risk having him get hit because he other RB had a good game and half.

BurnerNYG
10-01-2012, 10:48 PM
Right. So because he gets paid millions they should risk having him get hit because he other RB had a good game and half.Go to bed Buddy. You got school in the morning lol.

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 10:50 PM
So you think because a QB get paid millions they should risk him being hit? I don't get that logic.

BParcells777
10-01-2012, 10:51 PM
Bradshaw is a has been.......his best option is as a relief pitcher now, but I'd rather deed that to Wilson, or Scott.......Bradshaw had a nice run but he was most effective as a guy coming in when everyone was run down in the 2nd QTR.......he is very small

Bradshaw is our Jacobs.......Jacobs is stealing money out in SFO now

BurnerNYG
10-01-2012, 10:57 PM
So you think because a QB get paid millions they should risk him being hit? I don't get that logic.So you think just because Brown missed a block he's downright awful and can't be coached up to get better at his job?

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 11:00 PM
No, but Bradshaw is the better blocker and Eli is to important to he team to have him just get hit because he makes millions of dollars. Bradshaw also still runs hard. The 2 games he started where also against superior defenses. Not taking anything away from Brown. He will get plenty of touches.

BurnerNYG
10-01-2012, 11:05 PM
Bradshaw is a has been.......his best option is as a relief pitcher now, but I'd rather deed that to Wilson, or Scott.......Bradshaw had a nice run but he was most effective as a guy coming in when everyone was run down in the 2nd QTR.......he is very small

Bradshaw is our Jacobs.......Jacobs is stealing money out in SFO nowExactly. Rb's don't usually have long careers... some longer than others and vice versa. Look at Chris Johnson, some guys catch lightning in a bottle and once they get paid or sustain one too many injuries it's all downhill after that. Bradshaw helped us win Championships, he'll be a Giant forever but once the wheels start losing their treading, you either repair them and risk a blowout or get new ones.

BurnerNYG
10-01-2012, 11:07 PM
No, but Bradshaw is the better blocker and Eli is to important to he team to have him just get hit because he makes millions of dollars. Bradshaw also still runs hard. The 2 games he started where also against superior defenses. Not taking anything away from Brown. He will get plenty of touches.Yeah Dallas looks real superior tonight. Bravo Buddy, bravo!!!

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 11:10 PM
Are you watching the game? Do you know how the Bears scored 2 of heir TD's?

BurnerNYG
10-01-2012, 11:15 PM
Are you watching the game? Do you know how the Bears scored 2 of heir TD's?Actually I'm not studying the game. Regardless you said superior D. That Ravens team we played in The Superbowl was a superior defense, the Monsters of the Midway was a superior D, The Giants with LT was superior. These Cowboys are no where near superior. Bunch of mediocre fools with one great player in D Ware.

BParcells777
10-01-2012, 11:15 PM
I did not see Eli getting sacked much with Brown at RB for 2 games.........what I saw was a well rounded offense.......with Bradshaw out there were a passing team with no short yardage answers on the ground

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 11:19 PM
The Dallas defense has only oven up 13 points. It's not on them their QB has thrown 4 interceptions. They are a much better defense than Tampa or the Panthers. Don't need to study the game to know that.

BurnerNYG
10-01-2012, 11:21 PM
The Dallas defense has only oven up 13 points. It's not on them their QB has thrown 4 interceptions. They are a much better defense than Tampa or the Panthers. Don't need to study the game to know that.Now they gave up 20. We just played right into their hands.

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 11:23 PM
This game was over before hat score. I'm not calling the greatest defense of all time, but they are better than Tampa or the Panhers.

joemorrisforprez
10-02-2012, 12:56 AM
No, but Bradshaw is the better blocker and Eli is to important to he team to have him just get hit because he makes millions of dollars. Bradshaw also still runs hard. The 2 games he started where also against superior defenses. Not taking anything away from Brown. He will get plenty of touches.

Brown is fine in protection, and he's a 3 down back. The dude runs fast, hard, and leans forward through the tackle. He would have taken over the gamein the 2nd half if they put him in and picked up the tempo to keep the Eagles on the field instead of rotating constantly.

giant-4-life
10-02-2012, 01:36 AM
Exactly. Rb's don't usually have long careers... some longer than others and vice versa. Look at Chris Johnson, some guys catch lightning in a bottle and once they get paid or sustain one too many injuries it's all downhill after that. Bradshaw helped us win Championships, he'll be a Giant forever but once the wheels start losing their treading, you either repair them and risk a blowout or get new ones.

average lifespan of a RB is 4 or 5 years. both are past that. injuries also cause loss of durability. sometimes better to walk away from the game while you can still walk. Jacobs is collecting a payday for his families future