PDA

View Full Version : On to Cleveland

GIANTSED101
10-01-2012, 03:12 PM
They have a decent runningame, receivers drop balls, a decent D. This might be a tough one but I'm cinfident we'll bounce back this week with a with. Maybe we should keep Nicks out again so he's at full strength for SF.

sharick88
10-01-2012, 03:28 PM
These are the types of games that we usually struggle in. Ya know, the games that we are supposed to win easily. I just hope we see more of Andre Brown. I think Nicks will play if he is able to play. From what I saw of their Thursday game against the Ravens, the also have some receivers that will cause us some problems if they can actually hang on to the ball. The have a nice front four on defense as well. D'Quell Jackson is legit at MLB. I expect us to win, but it will be close

sharick88
10-01-2012, 03:28 PM
BTW, thanks for talking about something other than last night's game, which is officially in my rearview mirror

Eliscruzzz
10-01-2012, 03:32 PM
Nicks should definitely sit this game out. I really think this is going to be a tough game,but I expect this team to take it to Cleveland there is no way they can lose this one and hopefully the battle of PA goes to the Steelers next week

GameTime
10-01-2012, 03:32 PM
Nicks should definitely sit this game out. I really think this is going to be a tough game,but I expect this team to take it to Cleveland there is no way they can lose this one and hopefully the battle of PA goes to the Steelers next week
really???

EnragedYouth85
10-01-2012, 03:36 PM
Nicks should definitely sit this game out. I really think this is going to be a tough game,but I expect this team to take it to Cleveland there is no way they can lose this one and hopefully the battle of PA goes to the Steelers next weekLol the browns have been playing decent ball all year. By no means is this an "easy" win...

Eliscruzzz
10-01-2012, 03:38 PM
Lol the browns have been playing decent ball all year. By no means is this an "easy" win...Never said it was but the fact remains our team should "should" beat the Browns without any trouble.

Eliscruzzz
really???really.............

RoanokeFan
Why would anyone think any of the games we play are sure to win a game?

sharick88
10-01-2012, 03:39 PM

No way they lose this game? I said the same thing about our games vs Seattle and the Redskins in our house last season. LOL

Eliscruzzz
10-01-2012, 03:45 PM
No way they lose this game? I said the same thing about our games vs Seattle and the Redskins in our house last season. LOLwell seem like you like to think in the negative I personally think the Giants should "should" be able to beat this team without any trouble I know anything can happen on Sunday but this team has to much heart to lose to the Browns I really don't care if they are up and coming.....I just don't see the Giants losing this game.

GIANTSED101
10-01-2012, 03:48 PM
This is going to be a scrappy game and any Giants fan who thinks it'll be an easy win is crazy. Even though they haven't one a game yet they are a team of fighters and aren't laying donw for anyone. The last thing I want to hear all next week is how Brandon Weeden got his first win against the Giants.

sharick88
10-01-2012, 03:50 PM
well seem like you like to think in the negative I personally think the Giants should "should" be able to beat this team without any trouble I know anything can happen on Sunday but this team has to much heart to lose to the Browns I really don't care if they are up and coming.....I just don't see the Giants losing this game.

I don't see them losing either, but you know how this team rolls. When was the last time we dominated a game when we were huge favorites? I'm expecting that line to be at least 10 points.

Sanntee31
10-01-2012, 03:51 PM
No way they lose this game? I said the same thing about our games vs Seattle and the Redskins in our house last season. LOL

LOL!! I did too!! While I believe they will win, Im not going as far as saying that there is "...No way they lose this game..." That oblong shaped ball has far to many funny bounces to it to say any game is a lock in the NFL.

GIANTSED101
10-01-2012, 03:55 PM
Does anyone know the status on Cribbs??? That was a brutal hit he took.

Eliscruzzz
10-01-2012, 03:57 PM
LOL!! I did too!! While I believe they will win, Im not going as far as saying that there is "...No way they lose this game..." That oblong shaped ball has far to many funny bounces to it to say any game is a lock in the NFL.wow really you guys are going to jump on me cause I think the Giants are going to win and I don't see them losing this game that is pretty lame.... you guys have no faith I know all about the Giants this team loses when you least expect it and it usually happens to a team like the Browns but I would figure this team is different this year the teams they should beat they will comfortably cause that is what a SB winning team should do... you guys take the anything can happen on Sundays a little to literally just wow you guys make a positive thread looking to next week and then you get negative again lol.... whatever I stand by what I mean this team in no way lose this game it's alright if I think that way isn't it????

joemorrisforprez
10-01-2012, 03:57 PM
If the Giants bring the same gameplan .....pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass....Bradshaw for 3.....pass, pass, pass..... they will not beat the Browns, either.

Sanntee31
10-01-2012, 04:02 PM
wow really you guys are going to jump on me cause I think the Giants are going to win and I don't see them losing this game that is pretty lame.... you guys have no faith I know all about the Giants this team loses when you least expect it and it usually happens to a team like the Browns but I would figure this team is different this year the teams they should beat they will comfortably cause that is what a SB winning team should do... you guys take the anything can happen on Sundays a little to literally just wow you guys make a positive thread looking to next week and then you get negative again lol.... whatever I stand by what I mean this team in no way lose this game it's alright if I think that way isn't it????

LOL!!!

I believe they will win...but its not going to be a easy win...I just see the Browns having a kinda-good D and all. Now I do agree with you on the fact this team is far different from the ones in the past.

GIANTSED101
10-01-2012, 04:04 PM
wow really you guys are going to jump on me cause I think the Giants are going to win and I don't see them losing this game that is pretty lame.... you guys have no faith I know all about the Giants this team loses when you least expect it and it usually happens to a team like the Browns but I would figure this team is different this year the teams they should beat they will comfortably cause that is what a SB winning team should do... you guys take the anything can happen on Sundays a little to literally just wow you guys make a positive thread looking to next week and then you get negative again lol.... whatever I stand by what I mean this team in no way lose this game it's alright if I think that way isn't it????

Honestly I think they'll win and they should win, but that being said it really wouldn't surprise me if they lost because that's just what happens. For somereason they just love laying eggs. Remember when we were undefeated and we went and played Cleveland? I'm just saying nothing surprises me when it comes to the Giants

joemorrisforprez
10-01-2012, 04:05 PM
If Bradshaw and Osi sit, the Giants have upgraded their chances.

But as long as the Giants go with Badwheels & The Ballerina, advantage Browns.

Eliscruzzz
10-01-2012, 04:07 PM
LOL!!!

I believe they will win...but its not going to be a easy win...I just see the Browns having a kinda-good D and all. Now I do agree with you on the fact this team is far different from the ones in the past.no one really thought Carolina was going to be easy and the Giants steam rolled them I have all the confidence they could do it to the Browns too. why not??

GIANTSED101
10-01-2012, 04:11 PM
no one really thought Carolina was going to be easy and the Giants steam rolled them I have all the confidence they could do it to the Browns too. why not??

That was kind of different though, it was a short week and we really didn't have a lot of time to get ready for them.

Sanntee31
10-01-2012, 04:11 PM
no one really thought Carolina was going to be easy and the Giants steam rolled them I have all the confidence they could do it to the Browns too. why not??

Now that is 100% right. Because Carolina has a better running game and passing game and a triple threat qb...You may have swayed me to you line of thinking lol!!! But Im a pecimist as is anyway lol I hope for blowout and take the wins lol!!

Eliscruzzz
10-01-2012, 04:20 PM
Now that is 100% right. Because Carolina has a better running game and passing game and a triple threat qb...You may have swayed me to you line of thinking lol!!! But Im a pecimist as is anyway lol I hope for blowout and take the wins lol!!I understand all your points this team is full of ups and downs but I (we) gotta believe this teams has learned from their mistake last year that no win is a give me and they will be focused on the browns and the browns only. Last year you could tell the second time we played the Redskins last year the Giants were already thinking about the showdown with the Jets. And someone mention Seattle typically the Giants always played terrible against Tavaris Jackson all the way back to the Minnesota days same could be said with Vince Young and Rex Grossman.

sharick88
10-01-2012, 04:20 PM
No one is jumping on you at all. Why are you taking what people say to you on a message board so personal? I just disagree with your assumption of this game being a lay up.

Eliscruzzz
10-01-2012, 04:25 PM
No one is jumping on you at all. Why are you taking what people say to you on a message board so personal? I just disagree with your assumption of this game being a lay up.ummm....I guess you didn't read the rest but anyway you were acting like this game isn't a layup and I was telling you that anything can happen and I know that but I just think this year Giants are to good to fall for the typical "trap game" and trust me when I say this I take nothing you say personal I have my opinions and I just got sick of people acting like it's way off base...

Cloud57
10-01-2012, 06:55 PM
We always look good when we play against bad teams and then we begin to think that we're better than we actually are, then when we play a good team we look like crap. We're starting to look like the Jets.

Rudyy
10-01-2012, 07:09 PM
We always look good when we play against bad teams and then we begin to think that we're better than we actually are, then when we play a good team we look like crap. We're starting to look like the Jets. Wrong.

We play BAD when we play against BAD teams, or teams we should beat.
We play GOOD when facing teams that are better then us. We are starting to look like the Jets? That's funny because If could remember, we didn't get blown out by any teams this year, and we have a quarterback. Let's not get carried away here.

fansince69
10-01-2012, 08:06 PM
Wrong.

We play BAD when we play against BAD teams, or teams we should beat.
We play GOOD when facing teams that are better then us. We are starting to look like the Jets? That's funny because If could remember, we didn't get blown out by any teams this year, and we have a quarterback. Let's not get carried away here.

For as many years back as I can remember

egyptian420
10-01-2012, 08:10 PM
I never think we have any win in the bag. That being said, if Weeden rips our D like Vick or Freeman did and we lose this game, that would be a huge blow to this team in a ton of ways.

I'm not saying if we lose this game the season is over, but the team will be in a state similar to after the second miracle at the meadowlands. Technically after Desean returned that kick and we lost, our season was still alive, but in many ways, it was on its death bed.

I think if we lose this game it won't be quiet as bad because the season is still early, but it will be Very bad.

Rudyy
10-01-2012, 08:12 PM
I never think we have any win in the bag. That being said, if Weeden rips our D like Vick or Freeman did and we lose this game, that would be a huge blow to this team in a ton of ways.

I'm not saying if we lose this game the season is over, but the team will be in a state similar to after the second miracle at the meadowlands. Technically after Desean returned that kick and we lost, our season was still alive, but in many ways, it was on its death bed.

I think if we lose this game it won't be quiet as bad because the season is still early, but it will be Very bad.Honestly, I think it would be worse than the Miracle at the Meadowlands. We would be 2-3, and looking at the rest of our schedule, we can't afford to lose to teams like the freaking Browns..

SuperNYGiants
10-01-2012, 09:01 PM
Considering the Giants lost a bit of swagger losing the way they did to Eagles, I expect this game to be an inner struggle game where Giants play down to the competition as they have done in the past more often than I could care to remember. Eli seems to try to do too much against teams with unknown QBs which is understandable, it would look bad to lose to a team with a no name QB, but Eli should just take what the defense gives him and not try to be a hero and chuck it up down the field every chance he gets.

I'm sensing that Coughlin has learned a lesson on play-calling blunder last night, but whether that crazy silver-haired Gilbride has is another story. I'm sure he'll abandon the running game and go pass-happy in the 2nd half.

Cleveland Browns 24 - Giants 27

Captain Chaos
10-02-2012, 05:21 AM
I'm with you!

GIANTSED101
10-02-2012, 10:17 AM
As stupid as it may sound I think this game's going to be a major factor in regards to our season, mentally that is. We can't go into SF with a loss to the Browns. That's probably the worse thing that could happen. We need to go in a smash the Browns like we did Carolina and get ready for SF. I'm thinking the SF game is going to be a huge factor in determining where this team is. If all we can do is beat up on sub par teams and lose to the better ones then we're definitely in for a long season.