PDA

View Full Version : Horrible Play Calling At The End Of The Game - Screaming At TV

compaqnigg
10-01-2012, 04:58 PM
Mannnnn, was I the only one screaming at the screen "Do some running plays!" on that last drive? They kept on throwing the ball even after the defensive pass interference calls. I would have played that last drive entirely different. I'm not just saying this in hindsight, even if he threw a touchdown pass to Barden, its just too risky. The incomplete passes are stopping the clock and all you have to do is move a couple of yards forward for Tynes (who by the way was perfect up until the missed field goal kick... that would have been his career high distance wise if he had made it). Just HORRIBLE play calling in my opinion. I was trying to think what would I do if I was playing a game of Madden and all I had to do was hit a field goal to win? Run the ball! Force the Eagles to use their time outs. Even a screen play would be nice.

I also don't understand why they put Andre Brown on the back burner when he has proven himself in the last two games. He would have been perfect for that last drive.

Does anyone have a link to the Giant's last drive? I want to watch it again. While it was all happening I was questioning the play calls but I'd like to see it all over again.

Oh and as a sidenote... Osi was getting VERY greedy and selfish yesterday. He said he was going to get 4 sacks and got none. He played like he just wanted sacks. Totally blew his assignments. Here's the keyword for him today. CONTAIN CONTAIN CONTAIN. :(

sharick88
10-01-2012, 05:01 PM
I do have to admit that I was screaming "What the **** are they doing" towards the end of the game. It's even worse watching the game with a 2 1/2 and a 4 1/2 year old running around your living room and acting up. LOL

G.I. Ants
10-01-2012, 05:04 PM
Yeah, my TV was scared to death that I was going to hurt it the way I was performing.

craigjr007
10-01-2012, 05:05 PM
all that plus

Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN

How serious are the Giants about a 1-2 RB punch? Ahmad Bradshaw was in on 58 plays last night. Andre Brown was in for 9. #NYG

joemorrisforprez
10-01-2012, 05:07 PM
I totally expected this loss, since this is the Eagles.

It's alot easier if you go into the game expecting the coaches to do exactly what they've done the last 8 times they've lost.....it makes the ****ty playcalling alot more understandable.

"Hmmm......game on the line, in field position.....enough time for another run to set up for the field goal.....I'VE GOT IT.....LET'S PASS!!!!

rcrane
10-01-2012, 05:08 PM
I was very annoyed at the play calling. When tynes was setting up for the first field goal with like 15-17 seconds left im like...what are they doing..tynes cannot hit this distance. He's horrid from outside 45 yards or so. Throw a pass to the sideline, or some running play to pick up some yards...Then tynes shanks it, luckily they called a timeout. I am then saying to myself, OK, maybe now they will rethink this kick and run a play lol. Nope. Tynes hits what looks like a beauty right up the middle, and obv falls short. I wasnt happy at all.

joemorrisforprez
all that plus

Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN

How serious are the Giants about a 1-2 RB punch? Ahmad Bradshaw was in on 58 plays last night. Andre Brown was in for 9. #NYG

That, sir, was this ballgame in a nutshell.

Maybe they'll figure it out after Badwheels churns out another 39 yards against the Browns.

moosedrool
If Barden catches the ball he lost when he went to the ground or doesn't get that stupid PI penalty we win the game. The play calling was fine except when they gave the ball to Bradshaw on 3rd and 1 instead of Brown.

joemorrisforprez
10-01-2012, 05:14 PM
If Barden catches the ball he lost when he went to the ground or doesn't get that stupid PI penalty we win the game. The play calling was fine except when they gave the ball to Bradshaw on 3rd and 1 instead of Brown.

The playcalling sucked moose balls..... it was the same ****ty game plan that has lost 8 of 9 v. the Eagles.

1st and 10 on the 26...... I'd trust the computer in Tecmo Bowl over Gilbride in that situation.

compaqnigg
10-01-2012, 05:16 PM
If Barden catches the ball he lost when he went to the ground or doesn't get that stupid PI penalty we win the game. The play calling was fine except when they gave the ball to Bradshaw on 3rd and 1 instead of Brown.That penalty should have never happened because that play should have never been called. In terms of the barden catch that he dropped, I agree that would have changed things. Call me crazy, but I thought he actually caught the ball and fumbled it. When I initially watched the play I counted him taking three steps then losing the ball as he went towards the ground. I wish I could see that play again too. He recovered the ball after he "dropped/fumbled" it. Wouldn't that be a booth review since it was under 2 minutes?

TheAnalyst
10-01-2012, 05:24 PM
What are you talking about?

Its perfectly normal to throw the ball 30 yards to the endzone down 2 points with under 20 seconds left already in FG range. Who doesnt do that?

If we run the ball there, we would of had enough time to set up Tynes for a makable FG. Instead we chuck it deep for the PI, then KICK IT ON 3rd DOWN when Tynes was clearly outside his range at 54 yards instead of running one more play to get him closer.

Brilliant.

Oh well.

Its never easy being a Giants fans, but at least we have been rewarded recently.

moosedrool
10-01-2012, 05:24 PM
The playcalling sucked moose balls..... it was the same ****ty game plan that has lost 8 of 9 v. the Eagles.

1st and 10 on the 26...... I'd trust the computer in Tecmo Bowl over Gilbride in that situation.

If Barden doesn't drop that ball we win the game. He had it and didn't put it away. You can whine about the play calling all you want but Barden blew the game, plain and simple.

joemorrisforprez
10-01-2012, 05:26 PM
If Barden doesn't drop that ball we win the game. He had it and didn't put it away. You can whine about the play calling all you want but Barden blew the game, plain and simple.

I can't blame Barden for losing. I blame a dopey game plan that played to Philly's strengths......as usual.

SweetZombieJesus
10-01-2012, 05:28 PM
After the first PI they were somewhere around the 30-35. Run it three times and kick the field goal with time down to nothing.

Grrr....

And yes they exploited Osi time after time.

SuperNYGiants
10-01-2012, 05:32 PM
So who do you guys want after Coughlin gets fired? I want a younger man who isn't senile.

joemorrisforprez
10-01-2012, 05:42 PM
After the first PI they were somewhere around the 30-35. Run it three times and kick the field goal with time down to nothing.

Grrr....

And yes they exploited Osi time after time.

I'm also really suprised Martellus Bennett had a quiet game....you'd think they'd go to him more often.

TheAnalyst
10-01-2012, 05:48 PM

That is just the dumbest statement I have heard all day.

moosedrool
10-01-2012, 05:54 PM
That is just the dumbest statement I have heard all day.

I'm talking about the drop before the PI.

And this is the dumbest thing I read all day:

We are all still fans of the Giants and not the Jets

Go Giants

compaqnigg
10-01-2012, 09:47 PM
I'm also really suprised Martellus Bennett had a quiet game....you'd think they'd go to him more often.Especially after he catches a 30 yard pass while breaking tackles... unfortunately that pass was taken back from a holding call. He only had one other pass thrown to him :(