PDA

View Full Version : The sky is not falling

GIANTSED101
10-01-2012, 04:16 PM
ok, after getting through a long day at work and finally getting over that dreadful loss, I have to be honest. For some reason I'm really not that worried right now. Maybe because this is normal, we go up and down up and down. We have injuries, we have inconsistent play calling. It is what it is, I guess I should be use to this roller coaster team. I can honestly say that I trully feel that this team is going to repeat and I'm not just being a homer. The NFC is pretty much wide open and it's still early in the season.

Go Giants!!!!

bklyn1028
10-01-2012, 04:50 PM
You're right. We're 2-2, the Packers are 2-2, the patriots are 2-2.......12 games to go.......After next week we'll be 3-2, and when the steelers smother Vick, they'll be 3-2.....it's wide-open.

egyptian420
10-01-2012, 05:38 PM
You're right. We're 2-2, the Packers are 2-2, the patriots are 2-2.......12 games to go.......After next week we'll be 3-2, and when the steelers smother Vick, they'll be 3-2.....it's wide-open.That's the spirit....the season just barely started. We're always bound to lose a game against the Eagles. That's one team we just don't sweep. We'd be lucky to split the series with them.

SuperNYGiants
10-01-2012, 05:45 PM
It's premature to really think that far down the road, let's just win one game at a time.

Buddy333
10-01-2012, 05:47 PM
Well if Nicks is hurt worse than they are letting us know it might be a rough road ahead. They could got having the best WR's to just average.

GIANTSED101
10-02-2012, 10:40 AM
Well if Nicks is hurt worse than they are letting us know it might be a rough road ahead. They could got having the best WR's to just average.

Yea it's going to be tough without Nicks but as long as we can atleast stay in the thick of things we should be fine. The reality is even though we lost a tough game that's what normaly happens with the Eagles. What also happens is they normally fall apart and so do the Cowboys at some point. (look at last night). As long as the NFC keeps beating the heck out of each other and we get some divisional games under our belt we should be fine.

Redeyejedi
10-02-2012, 10:43 AM
Sky isnt falling and I thought they played well enough. I think they may have to go 11-5 though to get a Wildcard spot so they cant afford to give games away when they can take them like they did Sunday night

CDN_G-FAN
10-02-2012, 10:44 AM
the season is so early, we have concerns (injuries, defense, o line) but we've also have some bright spots (Eli, Hixon, Barden, Brown, Wilson).

We look like a 2-2 team right now, but as a Giants fan i know that we're not going to win the Superbowl in September, so i'm not worked up yet.

TroyArcher
10-02-2012, 10:48 AM
ok, after getting through a long day at work and finally getting over that dreadful loss, I have to be honest. For some reason I'm really not that worried right now. Maybe because this is normal, we go up and down up and down. We have injuries, we have inconsistent play calling. It is what it is, I guess I should be use to this roller coaster team. I can honestly say that I trully feel that this team is going to repeat and I'm not just being a homer. The NFC is pretty much wide open and it's still early in the season.

Go Giants!!!!

Any one giving up on the Giants at this point are clueless. This team has proven the ability to get hot at the end of the year. They just need to make it to playoffs. The big issue is with such a tough schedule they can't lose games that were very much in their grasp to win.

GIANTSED101
10-02-2012, 10:48 AM
I think we'll have a true understanding of were we are once we get threw these first 10 games. If we're below .500 and have a poor divisional record then I'll start to panic, until then I'll be hoping for the best.

B-Red22
10-02-2012, 11:30 AM
yeah huh it is lol

GameTime
10-02-2012, 12:23 PM
eagles game only counts as 1 loss.
1 game at a time

giantsforce
10-02-2012, 12:36 PM
Any one giving up on the Giants at this point are clueless. This team has proven the ability to get hot at the end of the year. They just need to make it to playoffs. The big issue is with such a tough schedule they can't lose games that were very much in their grasp to win.I do not think that anyone, with a few exception of course, is giving up on our team. It is just so frustrating that we have to go through this roller coaster of inconsistency year in and year out. Personally, a loss does not bother me very much, because I'd be a fool to think that we will go undefeated. What bothers me though, is the way we lose and the fact that this team has hit on all cylinders only in 1 out of 4 games. The typical pattern is, we suck the first half and then we have to rely on Eli to make the big plays. Why the players do not put the same effort throughout the game?

GameTime
10-02-2012, 12:39 PM
I do not think that anyone, with a few exception of course, is giving up on our team. It is just so frustrating that we have to go through this roller coaster of inconsistency year in and year out. Personally, a loss does not bother me very much, because I'd be a fool to think that we will go undefeated. What bothers me though, is the way we lose and the fact that this team has hit on all cylinders only in 1 out of 4 games. The typical pattern is, we suck the first half and then we have to rely on Eli to make the big plays. Why the players do not put the same effort throughout the game?
I hear you but I think most teams lose games when they are 'not' hitting all cylinders. Thats usually why you lose. No?
This game was even more frsutrating because there was a chance to win it a the end and some odd play calling blew it. Also its the Eagles......hate losing to them no matter what the situation is.

giantsforce
10-02-2012, 12:49 PM
I hear you but I think most teams lose games when they are 'not' hitting all cylinders. Thats usually why you lose. No?
This game was even more frsutrating because there was a chance to win it a the end and some odd play calling blew it. Also its the Eagles......hate losing to them no matter what the situation is.Usually teams lose because someone has better talent than them and they are more disciplined. Of course you have the odd situation where a good team will lose to a bad team but this is not the norm. Take for example, the Packers last year, good team but lost one to Kansas, a bad team. Then we go in their house and we beat them because we had better talent than them. The Packers are a system team and talent beat them both offensively and defensively.
If we ever go 2-14, I'd hope the 2 wins would be against the Eagles. It will make the bad record a bit more palpable.

GIANTSED101
10-02-2012, 12:53 PM
I think right now there's inconsistent play all around within the team. One week it's the offense, the next week it's the defense. This past weekend special teams looked awesome but who's to say they won't stink it up against the Brownies. I'm just hoping that all 3 phases start clicking sooner than lighter. If and when that does, this team is going to be scary because they trully are very deep at a lot of positions. That is a big "IF" though.

merritt
10-02-2012, 01:19 PM
This is what I have to keep telling myself. We're only 2-2. I believe we're the best team in our division, we just haven't shown it when it counts yet. If you would have told me mid-season last year that we would win the Super Bowl, I would have laughed in your face. It could be much worse right now (Saints, Jets). As long as we can fight through these key injuries, I think we'll be fine.

GIANTSED101
10-02-2012, 01:26 PM
This is what I have to keep telling myself. We're only 2-2. I believe we're the best team in our division, we just haven't shown it when it counts yet. If you would have told me mid-season last year that we would win the Super Bowl, I would have laughed in your face. It could be much worse right now (Saints, Jets). As long as we can fight through these key injuries, I think we'll be fine.

Not that I really feel bad for the Saints but man to they just look like a mess. I'm even more convinced now more than ever that Spags didn't make our D our D made Spags look good.

Thank goodness I'm not a Jets fan, they are a mess.

I hate losing especially over things like playcalling or bad plays by the players themselves. Those things can be corrected. It's the injuries that keep piling up that makes everything a lot harder to deal with.

GiantGremlin
10-02-2012, 01:59 PM

Go Giants!!!!

The sky might not be falling, but even now the Giants don't have much room for error: Consider that they have 2 div & conf losses & there next 4 games consists of Cleveland, @ SF, Wash & @ Dallas. We'll really see where the Giants stand after the 28th...They need to take care of business this month.

GIANTSED101
10-02-2012, 02:03 PM
I'm not really a stats or past kind of guy but based on history don't the Giants normally play some of there best ball in the month of October?

yatitle
10-02-2012, 02:08 PM
I think right now there's inconsistent play all around within the team. One week it's the offense, the next week it's the defense. This past weekend special teams looked awesome but who's to say they won't stink it up against the Brownies. I'm just hoping that all 3 phases start clicking sooner than lighter. If and when that does, this team is going to be scary because they trully are very deep at a lot of positions. That is a big "IF" though.

There is inconsistent play throughout the whole league. There are no automatic wins in the NFL any longer. And if you look at the last 5 years or so, having a #1 or #2 seed in the playoffs doesn't assure a berth in the SB. Honestly there are very few great homefield advantages anymore, so as the Giants have proved just get in the "tournament" and get hot and you have a legimate shot.